• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Maximus.

JustHadToJoin said:
why do you say that?

You can only get 2 kills out of it, reloading is ridiculous especially in tight fights. I am not going to go and lie saying I haven't used noobtubes a good amount in my time, but by using them I cannot stand them after a while. Plus a lot of times in games the other team at times have certain players who are just noobtubers, they get their one or two kills and ALWAYS die after that. Whats the point in getting 1 or 2 kills then constantly dying afterwards. They might as well use their goddamn assault rifle and build up some killstreaks, instead of getting an easy one or two kills.

zam

Been playing a lot of straight up Demolition with aku:jiie and our gang of usual suspects (Team LOL represent!). Its so much fun every time when the opposing team starts talking trash in the pregame lobby or after they win the first round, and we completely destroy them. Their trashtalk goes directly from "oooh we're gonna own you guys sooo hard!" to "fucking foreigners/hackers/get a life" :lol :lol

IW, put in a playlist with only Demolition, Domination and HQ. Mosh Pit is alright but you gotta sit through too much TDM, CTF, FFA and S&D.

Fraull said:
You can only get 2 kills out of it, reloading is ridiculous especially in tight fights. I am not going to go and lie saying I haven't used noobtubes a good amount in my time, but by using them I cannot stand them after a while. Plus a lot of times in games the other team at times have certain players who are just noobtubers, they get their one or two kills and ALWAYS die after that. Whats the point in getting 1 or 2 kills then constantly dying afterwards. They might as well use their goddamn assault rifle and build up some killstreaks, instead of getting an easy one or two kills.
What they do is shoot off 2 noob-tubes, then OMA switch to the same class, shoot off 2 noob-tubes, rinse & repeat

Mo0

Bumblebeetuna said:
So is noob tubing people into dust with an endless wave of M203's :D

I agree with the guy above me, I hate the idea of using something just as some sort of stress relief but at the same time, I'll be damned if my custom class list isn't full of classes designed simply for "revenge grief" or classes designed simply to stop the broken shit in this game. It's like an endless cycle of douchebaggery and grief in this game. Please make a bare bones or MW1 playlist.
Oh yeah, just because they're fun doesn't mean their existence is not frustrating as hell. It's a damn shame there's so many of them running around, and that they're not getting touched.

Nizz

MDavis360 said:
Just had my AC130 care package stolen from me.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
This is why I eliminated the care package from my killstreak setup. That shit was too rage inducing when someone managed to steal it. Made my life a little easier now. Especially with the Hardline perk.

I have Predator missile, Harrier strike, and Chopper gunner equipped. With Hardline, everything comes a whole lot quicker if you're having a good game. :)

Yeah I stopped using package based KS awards because it just got annoying when every time I would drop one I have to fight teammates just to get my shit. Ok, I'll give teammates turrets and predator missiles but I want my harrier strikes and chopper gunners, bitches.

But at the same time if I see a good package lying around I am ganking them shits :lol

Mo0

divisionbyzorro said:
Shit just got real folks!

Can't wait until Treyarch shows off how they somehow managed to get marathon lightweight commando and care packages into a World War 2 setting.

yoopoo

Banned
Using the FAMAS for the first time...oh man this gun completely changes your play style. I can no longer run in middle of a firefight and spray bullets :( I sloowwwly have to go around every corner and wait for someone show up, now I'm camping a lot.

My own care package fell on me and an enemy got a Pavelow from it :/

Maximus.

purple cobra said:
This is why I eliminated the care package from my killstreak setup. That shit was too rage inducing when someone managed to steal it. Made my life a little easier now. Especially with the Hardline perk.

I have Predator missile, Harrier strike, and Chopper gunner equipped. With Hardline, everything comes a whole lot quicker if you're having a good game. :)

Yea I got rid of carepackages from my KS as well. Usually was a bunk box or it would always draw attention in my direction. Now i got Harrier-Pavelow-Chopper or Harrier-Chopper-Nuke.

aku:jiki

I need to fellate myself here, because I believe I just pulled off one of the best nukes ever! I cry inside because I couldn't record it.

It was Demolition on Quarry; they had planted blown one site up and I was moving around between the bomb sites trying to stop any flankers or other sneaky bastards. I got to six kills with no problem, but right after that I was sniped by a camper who was miles away from objectives and just generally being an ass... I landed in Last Stand - completing challenges, honest! - and for some retarded reason, he decided not to finish me off. Not only that, he decided that the best course of action was to stand completely still. So from the big, red warehouse over by A, I sniped him up by the flaming barrels with my M9 for the seventh kill...

And then the round ended before I could die which saved my streak! The streaks did the rest, but that M9 snipe and the round ending was fucking glorious. Pretty sure that will stay the high point of my MW2 career. :lol :lol

Edit: Ooh, just got another nice nuke. Demolition on Overgrown - I pretty much just Javelin camped my way to the Chopper Gunner. This one dumbass kept trying to steal my camping spot and since I put the Claymores in different spots every time, all he managed to do was give me new Javelins! Got to 23 when the first round ended, then I immediately launched a Javelin at the spot where people always stop and try to snipe/camp at the start of rounds on Overgrown and - BOOM - multi-kill, tactical nuke ready for launch! Proceeded to save it for two more rounds until they had 8 seconds left on the last plant. :D

Big thanks to the dumbass sniper who despite seeing me launch the Javelin every time, and despite me shooting at the exact same spot, still gave me four kills by insisting on camping there. :lol :lol

PS_John said:
I just came across this Intervention montage :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY1I3a38hAM

So bad it's funny :lol
:lol

In his defense, at least that montage actually reflects what the game is like, unlike all these tages filled with 1080 noscopes. :lol

Struct09

According to Kotaku, Sony accidentally sent a trophy intended for Activision (for MW2) to Ubisoft.

And here's Ubisoft's response:

500x_ransomz.jpg

J2d

So I just stabbed my third copy of MW2 with a screwdriver and then snapped it several pieces, the fucking thing wouldn't let me live. I hope I can do some reading and renew my interest in photography before a fourth copy enters my home and just kills every other interest I might have.

It's weird because I didn't really like CoD4, I'll chalk it up to the killstreaks this time around.

ScrubJay

I can play this game for hours straight with no problems at all. However, when I try to watch gameplay videos on Youtube I immediately get motion sickness and have to lie down for the rest of the night. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a aspect ratio compression that messes me up in the transfer to the tiny screen, or is the lack of feedback from controlling the game confusing my body or something? I really want to see what the pros do, but I guess I'm just not meant to do that :(

J2d said:
So I just stabbed my third copy of MW2 with a screwdriver and then snapped it several pieces, the fucking thing wouldn't let me live. I hope I can do some reading and renew my interest in photography before a fourth copy enters my home and just kills every other interest I might have.

It's weird because I didn't really like CoD4, I'll chalk it up to the killstreaks this time around.

I just want to sell that game, too. It's annoying to the max. But I spent 15$ on this map pack. :(

Intervention has taken my #1 spot on the long list of "fucking annoying stuff in MW2". Not regular sniping, but all this no scoping/quickscoping bullshit 90% of all players seem to be doing right now. Yeah, I get it: it's easy as fuck, powerful as hell and I guess fun for some but come on

J2d

Patrick Bateman said:
I just want to sell that game, too. It's annoying to the max. But I spent 15$ on this map pack. :(
I'm too lazy to sell stuff on the net and I didn't want to face the employes on my local game store again, it was getting pathetic.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
J2d said:

Wow, intense much?

PetriP-TNT said:
Intervention has taken my #1 spot on the long list of "fucking annoying stuff in MW2". Not regular sniping, but all this no scoping/quickscoping bullshit 90% of all players seem to be doing right now. Yeah, I get it: it's easy as fuck, powerful as hell and I guess fun for some but come on
I'm with you. The other day I'm on Overgrown running up to the little shed near the covered bridge and a sniper teleports out of the shed and caps me with a single shot... I expected the killcam to show something believable, but no, he _runs_ out of the shed, raises his Intervention and blows my head off in a quarter second.

But whatever, props to snipers. I'm not wired for that garbage.

J2d

Not that many of my friends own a ps3 and those that do plays MW2 on the 360, and as I said I'm to lazy to sell stuff on the net and I was tired of showing up with the same gamestore (where I have worked earlier) with the same game. I'm not rich but I don't consider it that big of deal, went through the same thing with Halo 2 when I should have been looking for a job instead of playing.

Loxley

So I picked up CoD4 after not touching it for over a year (got frustrated with the game's blatant issues, so I quit cold turkey :p) and man...game has changed.

%60-%70 of the people left playing CoD4 are no-scope/quick-scoping losers badasses. Which sucks because games just aren't any fun when literally in every single goddamn match half of both of the teams are running around with Red Tiger ACOG M40's >< I was actually pretty excited to go back to it, but these dorks are cock-blocking my enjoyment. Ugh.

mr_boo

DeuceMojo said:
I'm with you. The other day I'm on Overgrown running up to the little shed near the covered bridge and a sniper teleports out of the shed and caps me with a single shot... I expected the killcam to show something believable, but no, he _runs_ out of the shed, raises his Intervention and blows my head off in a quarter second.

But whatever, props to snipers. I'm not wired for that garbage.
There is a fine line to sniping but at times, people may mistaken quick scoping as "garbage" unfairly. As a OHK sniper, if you want to be a good sniper you have to be fast cause at times you can't afford to to expose yourself for more than a second. I consider myself a decent/pretty good OHK sniper and there are plenty of times where I knew relatively where the target was, popped up and failed to locate a target within a second, only to pop right back down for cover (I'll just repeat the process until I can locate or I'll give up and run away). There are also times where I've spawned into frays where I was forced to quick scope spam just to try to survive - I run Akimbo M93s which switches fast, but in certain cases you can't afford to switch.

Here's where I draw my personal fine lines when it comes to classifying quick scope garbage. [1] If some guy quick scopes you in a situation where it's close quarters and you're obviously ambushed (your back is turned), than that guy is a douche-bag. [2] Some guy goes the entire match trying to quick scope every single person he/she encounters. Now in scenario [2], if the guy is pulling respectable numbers, you give him props...but if he/she is resulting in average and below k/d values in matches...then I'll just cross my fingers and hope he/she doesn't end up on my team next match.

Just ran into a clan in S&D that were all quick-scopers. Also, they used OMA at the start of each match to noob toube to the other side before switching to Intervention. I was the host so I stayed and probably got a few kills I otherwise wouldn't because of it which felt good.

So I had my best S&D match ever today; 12-2 on Derail, with one plant and one defuse. I'm actually starting to really enjoy S&D! I tend to switch between two different classes when playing:

• Offense: UMP + Silencer, Throwing Knife, Marathon, Lightweight, Ninja
  • Defense: M16 + Holo/Silencer, G18 + Akimbo/Silencer, Claymore, Bling, Stopping Power, Ninja

Akimbo silenced G18s are hilarious. It feels like you're throwing shitloads of needles at the enemy. :lol

ZZMitch

Anyone here use riot shields?

I have just been getting into them... they are pretty hilarious :lol

My current class is

Riot Shield
Akimbo G18s
Blast Shield
Flash Grenades
Marathon Pro
Light Weight Pro
Commando Pro
Martyrdom

divisionbyzorro said:
So I had my best S&D match ever today; 12-2 on Derail, with one plant and one defuse. I'm actually starting to really enjoy S&D! I tend to switch between two different classes when playing:

If you want to try a different offense class with the UMP, I suggest giving this a go (especially if you're the host or have 4 bars).

UMP + Red Dot & Rapid Fire, Claymore, Bling, Stopping Power, Ninja.

Class is deadly in any non-open area map. Claymores are nice because they stick around the whole round even if you die.

kuYuri

Two times I was denied a nuke earlier. Was 1 kill away the first time and 4 kills the next. :(

I'll get my first nuke someday... I hope.

Strider2K99 said:
Two times I was denied a nuke earlier. Was 1 kill away the first time and 4 kills the next. :(

I'll get my first nuke someday... I hope.

I bet your heart was beating real fast when you were 1 kill away.
And then it sunk in your chest when you died.

Shalashaska said:
If you want to try a different offense class with the UMP, I suggest giving this a go (especially if you're the host or have 4 bars).

UMP + Red Dot & Rapid Fire, Claymore, Bling, Stopping Power, Ninja.

Class is deadly in any non-open area map. Claymores are nice because they stick around the whole round even if you die.
Your claymore dissappear ~5 seconds after you die.

Critical Jeff said:
Your claymore dissappear ~5 seconds after you die.

Your claymore actually disappears when you respawn.

Been playing a lot of domination lately with SMGs nonetheless, and I'm having a blast. The vector and the p90 are really fun to use. I recommend them to anyone who like to run and gun and cap flags.

kuYuri

TheVampire said:
I bet your heart was beating real fast when you were 1 kill away.
And then it sunk in your chest when you died.

Actually, it wasn't beating as much this time, but it was the last times I went for it. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:

• Defense: M16 + Holo/Silencer, G18 + Akimbo/Silencer, Claymore, Bling, Stopping Power, Ninja

Akimbo silenced G18s are hilarious. It feels like you're throwing shitloads of needles at the enemy. :lol

My personal best on S&D is 17-2:D

We should play sometime.

Oh man, I just saw the by far worst class I've ever seen, I just have to share it with you guys. Check out what this dude had:

WA2000 Silencer + ACOG (But he didn't run and gun, he tried to distance snipe.)
AA-12 Silencer
Bling Pro
Danger Close Pro
Scrambler Pro

Needless to even say, he went like 5-36. :lol :lol

mr_boo

ZZMitch said:
Anyone here use riot shields?

I have just been getting into them... they are pretty hilarious :lol

My current class is

Riot Shield
Akimbo G18s
Blast Shield
Flash Grenades
Marathon Pro
Light Weight Pro
Commando Pro
Martyrdom
I've been messing around with Riot Shields, and it's been all uphill (and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel, lol). I haven't really tried the Marathon/Lightweight approach yet...I've been going with the DC and CB angle which is the following:

Riot Shield
M93 Akimbo or Silencer
C4
Stuns
Scavenger
DC / CB
Last Stand

C4 is your main line of weapon here - it mixes well with Last Stand Pro of course, since you can kill yourself and deny the other team a point. Scavenger provides your C4 re-fill mechanism. In theory, if the secondary doesn't really buy you much...you can swap it out to OMA, which will refill your C4 and provide you a fresh R. Shield (I only say this in theory cause I haven't tested this yet).

One 2-cent comment regarding your kit...I think I would prefer Stuns over Flash cause they come out quicker (gotta hide behind the shield quick), and you can flash yourself too easily.

Edit-1: I've been using this kit mostly in Domination play....
Edit-2: Also, M93s benefit with the handgun quickdroptime...I'm not sure if the G18s get that benefit (pretty sure they don't).

mr_boo said:
I haven't really tried the Marathon/Lightweight approach yet...I've been going with the DC and CB angle which is the following:
Have to agree that this is the best approach for shielding. This class at least lets you stand a chance at getting some kills and doing some objective work. I used to run Marathon/LW on it and it always just ends up with you getting bullshitted constantly. Stabbed through the shield, shot through the shield, etc, non-stop. With C4, you can at least strike back sometimes.

Has there been any talk of the respawn points being changed so that instead of spawning where your teammates are, you respawn where your enemies aren't?

I have only two serious issues with the game: Painkiller gives too much of a health boost (should be less of a boost, but last longer), and the respawn points are infuriating.

Dresden

FutureZombie said:
Has there been any talk of the respawn points being changed so that instead of spawning where your teammates are, you respawn where your enemies aren't?

I have only two serious issues with the game: Painkiller gives too much of a health boost (should be less of a boost, but last longer), and the respawn points are infuriating.
Tbh, I kinda like it as is. You still get bullshit deaths and kills (respawning right behind your killer, or the same being done to you), but it also rewards you for flanking by spawning five people just as you strike.

Actually, scratch that. People without Ninja Pro or the concept of crouching can go to hell.

Woo, I just went something like 85-30 using only the P90 and akimbo Rafficas. Got a multi-kill while in Last Stand! Streaks were Pred, Heli and SB and none of them got that many kills. All bullets, baby! :D

Breaking 100 still eludes me though. The game gave them the last plant by spawning them right by it and us far away from it when I was at 80 or so and we lost with a good 2 minutes left on the clock. :(

Shalashaska said:
They stay in S&D until the round is over.
Equipment stays in play until you respawn in all modes. Since you don't respawn in S&D, it stays until next round. So you should always wait through your killcam if you just placed a claymore and a guy kills you, or if you were cooking a frag or just launched a rocket or whatever. :D

The only stuff I know that continue past the killcam are Martyrdom and the Javelin.

Magik

Derail + Nuke = BULLSHIT

There's always one fuckhead that camps the shit out of that map for a nuke and because its such a fucking large map, its so easy to get the damn Nuke.

Top Bottom