• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Underpass is easily one of my favorite maps because there's something for everyone. You can snipe, rush, run witchblade, shotgunner, or play tactical in any number of areas. It's right up there with Favela and Salvage. I actually don't mind Derail in domination most games, but it's pretty terrible in free for all or HQ pro. The spawns make it feel like you're playing MAG.

The only maps I really dislike are:
Wasteland - Completely shit unless you're sniping or noobtubing. The only map I'll vote to skip every time.
Bailout - Surprisingly terrible design. Was sure it was going to be the best of the map pack. Ends up being one of the worst maps in the game.

Been playing a lot of Hardcore Ricochet HQ Pro recently. Probably because it's Ricochet, you get a lot less Danger Close monkeys spamming shit everywhere than regular HQ Pro. Though if you are one of those who blow up at Last Standers, do us all a favor and stay the hell away. I don't think the forum can take the rage that would ensue. :lol The scores are always huge though. I always end up with 6-9000 points a match ignoring challenges, though sometimes those matches can go on a long ass time.

Kujo

foomfoom415 said:
Wasteland - Completely shit unless you're sniping or noobtubing. The only map I'll vote to skip every time.
I got 56-6 on this map the other day from flanking with an SMG. Put on marathon, hug the outsides of the map and you can do really well on it IMO. I don't even have a sniper class anymore

Mush

So who's buying the maps for PS3 next week?

Still not sure if I'll continue playing MW2, it's an exercise in anger and stress.

To those who've had nearly a month with them, are they worth it?

Mojo said:
I got 56-6 on this map the other day from flanking with an SMG. Put on marathon, hug the outsides of the map and you can do really well on it IMO. I don't even have a sniper class anymore

Yah, this. Wasteland is a stealth-runner's dream.

Ladyboy101 said:
estate is the worst map ever

I used to not like it but the more I play the more I like it. My strategy for that map is to pick an area, for instance the grassy strip behind the greenhouse and just patrol it.

mr_boo

Mush said:
So who's buying the maps for PS3 next week?

Still not sure if I'll continue playing MW2, it's an exercise in anger and stress.

To those who've had nearly a month with them, are they worth it?
I'll be purchasing it for sure next week.

Regarding Derail...it's typically either Marathon SMG Kit, Marathon Shotgun Kit (loving the kit div!), or OHK Sniper Kit. If I'm not sniping, it seems like Marathon is prerequisite given the fact that you typically respawn miles away from your death point.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
I never snipe or noobtube in Wasteland and I always do well in it. It's my favorite map of them all! I agree that Estate is the worst map, and so is Underpass. Fuck any map that encourages thermal sniping. It's so cheap.

zam

Demolition continues to offer tons of hilarity from the opposing teams. 8 times out of 10, in the pre-game lobby, the other team will start going "Oh look they have LOL as clan-tag hurr" "We are gonna own you guys so hard" and invariably when we win it changes from "we are gonna own you" to "fucking foreigners" and after that "get a life".

Prime example, we played two games of demolition against a group of people who as soon as they joined the lobby started saying "oh look LOL, we are gonna rape you in the mouth" after we win 2-0 with several people on our team going 40-20 in k/d it turned into "fucking mexicans want a burrito?" when I'm born almost as far away from Mexico you can get while still being in the US, and the rest of my teammates are Swedish. Also when I used the word "reconcile" (in proper context mind) they said "do you even know what that word means" I said "yes, I used it in the right context and it means to come to terms with something" they just said "shut up mexican". After the second game when we again beat them 2-0 (I went 53-25) all the time on their shitty host with all of us having two yellow bars, they guy on their team who was lvl 62 on his 10th prestige told us to get a life. :lol :lol :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Accidentus said:
I think we can all agree Rundown is terribad and should be skipped on every occasion.

:/ I love Rundown. In fact, I love all the city maps the most.

Especially since I'm a counter-sniper. Someone who loves setting up in places specifically so that I can pick off other snipers. Whether it's the bottom story of the long building in Rundown, or in the garage at Invasion, or even an area on the roof to hit the guy who thinks he's so smart leaping from roof to roof to set up shot in Karachi.

HappyDad

Neo Member
I definitely notice that peoples are getting good at the game and most game that I join are not blow out either way. My K/D hurts, but the game became more enjoyable.

Mikey Jr.

Jesus, I think I officially burned out. I usually get a 2:1 ratio on most of my matches with top score most of the time.

Past 2 days, I've been getting 1:3 ratio. Like, 6-18 kind of bad. One day I'm doing good, the next day I'm absolute shit and continue my shit streak. I think its MW2 fatigue. Anyone else ever get this?

Mikey Jr. said:
Jesus, I think I officially burned out. I usually get a 2:1 ratio on most of my matches with top score most of the time.

Past 2 days, I've been getting 1:3 ratio. Like, 6-18 kind of bad. One day I'm doing good, the next day I'm absolute shit and continue my shit streak. I think its MW2 fatigue. Anyone else ever get this?

Yep. It happens to everybody. My lifetime K/D is about 1.4, and not because I go 28-20 in every match. It's because I'll go a week hitting 50-10 multiple times each session, and then go a week where I average 1:1 or worse. That's just how it goes.

zam

Ugh, tried playing S&D for the S&D victor challenge, and the people playing there are the dregs of all mw2 players. Either they are fellating themselves over their "clutching" (from what I gather being the last person and winning) or they are all running around with interventions trying to quickscope.

Caramello

Hey guys, with the PS3 map pack coming next week, does anybody know whether there'll also be a double XP weekend? I've just got to level 70 and if there is a double XP weekend next week I'll wait until then to prestige. I'm assuming there will be double XP but just wanted to know whether an announcement had been made either way..

Also I had my best game last night, 26 - 1 on wasteland using the M16. I have just discovered this gun and it's awesomeness :D

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
Yep. It happens to everybody. My lifetime K/D is about 1.4, and not because I go 28-20 in every match. It's because I'll go a week hitting 50-10 multiple times each session, and then go a week where I average 1:1 or worse. That's just how it goes.

I thought I would do worse, but I've actually done better lately. My K/D went from 1.80 range about 2 months or so ago and it now rests at 1.94.

Of course, everyone has their bad streaks of games. But as long as you play with a good party on a consistent basis, you do better.

Caramello said:
Hey guys, with the PS3 map pack coming next week, does anybody know whether there'll also be a double XP weekend? I've just got to level 70 and if there is a double XP weekend next week I'll wait until then to prestige. I'm assuming there will be double XP but just wanted to know whether an announcement had been made either way.

Yes, Double XP should be on around next week.

Rundown is the worst map because there are only three points of crossing. Derail is my favorite map. I like the big maps because it means more opportunities to flank.

And I agree with whoever said Bailout is bad. It ended up just being sight-line sniping.

ZZMitch

zam said:
Ugh, tried playing S&D for the S&D victor challenge, and the people playing there are the dregs of all mw2 players. Either they are fellating themselves over their "clutching" (from what I gather being the last person and winning) or they are all running around with interventions trying to quickscope.

That hurts man :lol You just called me the dregs of the worst community of gamers in the world. :D

zam said:

When you get into a good lobby, S&D is great. But when you find yourself on a team of people all armed with Interventions going for the 360 no-scope winning kill, it's hair-rippingly infuriating. I place all of the blame squarely at the feet of the likes of Machinima, who constantly feature these lucky bullshit kills in their "killcam of the week" montages.

So I've done pretty much all the challenges and things I wanted to do in this game and just started messing around with the LMGs once I'd dusted the cobwebs off em. Seems to me there's not much of a difference between them, I see a lot of people using the AUG but I can't see why you'd pick that over the others. The L86/MG4/RPD seem indistinguishable to me apart from the fact that the MG4 appears to have screwed iron sights. Do you guys use any of them?

Insaniac

celestial body said:
So I've done pretty much all the challenges and things I wanted to do in this game and just started messing around with the LMGs once I'd dusted the cobwebs off em. Seems to me there's not much of a difference between them, I see a lot of people using the AUG but I can't see why you'd pick that over the others. The L86/MG4/RPD seem indistinguishable to me apart from the fact that the MG4 appears to have screwed iron sights. Do you guys use any of them?

the AUG offers a 40 dmg output, along with high-visibility ironsights and a much quicker reload compared to the other LMGs.

Dresden

Insaniac said:
the AUG offers a 40 dmg output, along with high-visibility ironsights and a much quicker reload compared to the other LMGs.
Well, and it also has the other disadvantages of using an LMG over an assault rifle without offering much in return. Stats-wise, there's no reason to use the AUG over the RPD. But it always comes down to personal preference, anyways.

aku:jiki

Just had a beautiful life in the middle of a Demolition match. On Afghan, we had just planted B and everyone just died and the other team was defusing. I got a Javelin triple from that, ran into the bomb site and got a double kill with and right before the bomb was to blow up, I fired off a tube at the way they were coming from and scored another triple.

Next round, I launched and got 4 in the Harrier airstrike and immediately followed that by taking the other two with the predator I had left. :lol :lol

107jgxi.png

The 8-Bit Price is mine! :D

I'd never tried to get this one before tonight, and believe it or not, I got this on only the second match that I had my killstreaks turned off. And I did it with the F2000! :lol This was my class:

• F2000 + Red Dot Sight
  • AA-12 + Grip
  • Claymore
  • Flash Grenades
  • Scavenger Pro
  • Stopping Power Pro
  • Ninja Pro

It was regular Domination on Storm. I have to admit that I just said "screw it" to the objectives, but we still ended up winning the game 200-130! And I went 33-7! Easily one of my best games ever, as every single one of those kills were earned by me. I really wish I had a PVR and had it on tape...I would have YouTubed that game in a heartbeat. :lol

ScrubJay

After acquiring about a days worth of playtime, I've come to loathe underpass, estate, and quarry. Pretty much the only thing that happens every time I try to play is the games turn into campfests. Pretty much the only way I can get kills without getting a ratio in the tenth of a percent range on those maps is to turn on cold blooded and ninja and hide in the bushes until I can see someone, though more often than not it results in entire teams just sitting there for the length of the game.

Hanmik

When are the maps out on PSN..?

US? and EU? is it coming with the PSN Store update..? and when are the PSN store updates this week..?

yoopoo

Banned
God I hate this game when I'm playing it. But want to play the game when I'm not playing it.

And I got a 26 kill streak, never thought I'd get one. Thank you for all the jerks who don't shoot down air support.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
So I finally maxed out Level 70(not going to bother with prestige) last night and with that I can stop playing this game. It's funny how I came full circle. I started out where getting 4 kills was a fucking miracle and then went to going 30-1 and then ended where getting even 3 kills was a fucking miracle.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Between single-player, multi-player, and spec-ops I've got 105 hrs. That's probably the most time I've ever spent on a fps (with the possible exception of borderlands). :D
And I'm not even close to many others :lol
game is too good

edit: Can someone tell more about this "double xp weekend"? When? How? etc...

celcius said:
Between single-player, multi-player, and spec-ops I've got 105 hrs. That's probably the most time I've ever spent on a fps (with the possible exception of borderlands). :D
And I'm not even close to many others :lol
game is too good

edit: Can someone tell more about this "double xp weekend"? When? How? etc...

PS3 only, starting tomorrow. You'll earn double XP for everything except challenges.

lantus

Hanmik said:
When are the maps out on PSN..?

US? and EU? is it coming with the PSN Store update..? and when are the PSN store updates this week..?

The maps come out tomorrow on PSN for the US, not sure about other countries.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
yoopoo said:
God I hate this game when I'm playing it. But want to play the game when I'm not playing it.

I know what you mean. I had to turn it off earlier so I didn't break another controller. Now I wish I didn't have to go to work so I can stay home and play it.

I haven't gotten more than 1 or 2 games in a row with a decent connection in over a week though. Its like I'm playing hardcore because I die the second the first bullet hits me. But its not like hardcore because I have to put half a clip into someone to kill them. Nothing more infuriating than putting 3 or 4 into a dudes back and having them turn and fire and kill you in a split second while you are still pumping rounds into them.

Or when people seem to fire with 100% accuracy as they are running around a corner and I die instantly. I suppose people can be that good but half the time when I check that persons stats they are like 8-12.

I went 8-15 on Rundown(normally one of my better levels) today and my team won by 40 kills and nobody on the other team had more than 10 kills.

Top Bottom