• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Hanmik

PS3 MW2 Stimulus pack will also include some Patches.

Fix so Pavelow correctly counts towards future killstreaks
Matchmaking Improvements
Allow ability for host to kick players from Private Matches
Improved Party Stability
Prevent “elevator” glitches
Prevent players getting into geo
Prevent XP hacks (negative or positive)
One Man Army Tweaks
Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...lc-hits-psn-tomorrow/comment-page-3/#comments

The maps will launch in the US today with this Price Tag:

The Stimulus Package — will hit the PSN Store for $14.99 and bring with it five new maps to the multiplayer of MW2.
source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...lc-hits-psn-tomorrow/comment-page-4/#comments

and the 5th. of May in the rest of Europe with THIS price:

Correct, the maps hit the UK on May 5th for €13.99/£10.99

There will also be Double Xp for all MW2 players on PS3. Starting from the time the Map pack hits the relevant stores and lasting untill monday the. 10th. of May.

It lasts till Monday the 10th and Double XP only counts towards kills and objectives. Not challenges or match bonuses.
Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...lc-hits-psn-tomorrow/comment-page-4/#comments

jiien

Okay, so they've promised One Man Army tweaks again. Let's see what happens.

Arms crossed against my chest, tapping my foot, fuckers.

jiien said:
Okay, so they've promised One Man Army tweaks again. Let's see what happens.

Arms crossed against my chest, tapping my foot, fuckers.

They're getting the same patch that the 360 got a month ago. So the only tweak will be that you can't swap the OMA pack for another weapon.

divisionbyzorro said:
They're getting the same patch that the 360 got a month ago. So the only tweak will be that you can't swap the OMA pack for another weapon.

Really? That was the "tweak" on 360? No wonder I never noticed anything different :lol Why would anyone want to switch their pack for a weapon anyway? Just reload another layout.

Dresden

So I decided to get the nuke emblem two weeks ago... I have nine right now... but I'm utterly stumped for the last one. I play about an hour each day, and every time I try now, I either get tubed or stabbed 23 to 24 kills in. I finally get what people mean when they say that they want to throw the controller through the tv screen.

amar212

OMG THE FPS TEAM TACTICAL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!

Team Tactical – 6-8 Players playing small team based games with Team Deathmatch, Domination, Capture the Flag, and Demolition. (First Person viewpoint)
This playlist is being added by HUGE demand from the community on our forums, Twitter, and other messages you’ve sent in to us; in addition to another requested change of adding the Ranger maps (Terminal, Skidrow, Highrise, Invasion) to the HC HQ Pro playlist.
When I said onslaught, I MEANT onslaught!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...lc-hits-psn-tomorrow/comment-page-4/#comments

Thank you IW, I'm getting back to the fight! :D :D

Bumblebeetuna said:
Really? That was the "tweak" on 360? No wonder I never noticed anything different :lol Why would anyone want to switch their pack for a weapon anyway? Just reload another layout.

Never on purpose, but it has happened to me accidentally. Very frustrating.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
IW really needs to start hosting more double XP weekends. They've had one per console within the 6 1/2 months that the game has been out? Bungie had a double XP playlist for Halo 3 every weekend (granted, XP really didn't mean anything in Halo 3). What gives, IW?

backflip10019 said:
IW really needs to start hosting more double XP weekends. They've had one per console within the 6 1/2 months that the game has been out? Bungie had a double XP playlist for Halo 3 every weekend (granted, XP really didn't mean anything in Halo 3). What gives, IW?

They should put up double XP during the entire Halo: Reach beta as a big EFF YOU to Bungie. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
They should put up double XP during the entire Halo: Reach beta as a big EFF YOU to Bungie. :lol
Haha yeah. I wasn't surprised that Activision announced CoD: Black Ops right before the beta went public. Such a hilarious timing move on their part.

divisionbyzorro said:
Yeah, I'm with that. It IS weird. I think there 2 or maybe 3 of them by this point in COD4.

I really need it at this point considering I've hit the "boring-ass 50s" in my 2nd prestige and the game is really starting to be a grind again. Matter of fact, I'd say that hits somewhere in the 40s.

jiien

divisionbyzorro said:
Never on purpose, but it has happened to me accidentally. Very frustrating.

Oh, so this isn't anything new? I thought they were doing more than just introducing the changes they messed up on.

Goddamnit.

backflip10019 said:
Haha yeah. I wasn't surprised that Activision announced CoD: Black Ops right before the beta went public. Such a hilarious timing move on their part.

I played some of the Reach beta last night, and I'll be playing more tonight. It's not bad, although why all of these FPS designers (Bungie, IW, Dice) all refuse to allow you to customize your controls is beyond me.

Oh SHIT he's right in front of me! Time to ZOOM IN ON HIS CROTCH! That'll show him!

DeuceMojo said:
Yeah, I'm with that. It IS weird. I think there 2 or maybe 3 of them by this point in COD4.

I really need it at this point considering I've hit the "boring-ass 50s" in my 2nd prestige and the game is really starting to be a grind again. Matter of fact, I'd say that hits somewhere in the 40s.

If there were as many 2XP weekends for MW2 as there were for W@W, I'd be fifth prestige by now, easy. The worst part of prestiging is getting to claymores at level 31, plus leveling up the perks to their Pro versions. I'm actually seriously considering sticking at 3rd prestige this time, but we'll see what happens. If another 2XP weekend hits, you bet your ass I'll prestige in a heartbeat.

vhfive

divisionbyzorro said:
I played some of the Reach beta last night, and I'll be playing more tonight. It's not bad, although why all of these FPS designers (Bungie, IW, Dice) all refuse to allow you to customize your controls is beyond me.

Oh SHIT he's right in front of me! Time to ZOOM IN ON HIS CROTCH! That'll show him!
:lol :lol :lol
As someone who jumps between mw2 and halo 3 regularly and this was definitely a problem when I first started playing mw2 (I had been playing halo 3 a ton). Now I'm used to jumping between shooters but it still is amazing that no shooter lets you customize your controls.

aku:jiki

I tried the Halo beta and everything about it annoyed me, I'm way too used to MW2! :lol

It's funny how they basically have Juggernaut (that shield class) and Commando (sprint class + plasma sword = Commando II) in Reach though. That's not very awesome. :(

LiquidMetal14 said:
Likely. It only pertains to PS3 on the blog but I wouldn't fear it not coming to 360 though.
Team Tactical has already been on 360 for a month. It came with the DLC.

Well, since i got excellent replies the first time, more noob questions.

Why are the leaderboards on PSN so bugged? Why this isn't fixed on updates? It makes the leaderboards kind of useless since it's all based on hacks/cheats.

Best weapon for you: high damage or good mobility? SMG , LMG or Assault rifle? (still can't decide if i prefer FAL or L86 or Mini Uzi's...

Managed to improve from 0.49 to 0.60 on the kill ratio after i stopped sprinting so much... Loving bling and scavenger now...

Had a blast using the riot shield last night... just had some problems being stabbed on the side... is lightweight a good perk to improve my safety with the shield?

Finally, the most important question... i've been playing a lot of free for all lately... what's the best mode to get a lot of XP quickly? I'm at level 62 and i get about 4.000 to 5.000 on a match minus the challenges... what to do to get more?

seattle6418 said:
Well, since i got excellent replies the first time, more noob questions.

Why are the leaderboards on PSN so bugged? Why this isn't fixed on updates? It makes the leaderboards kind of useless since it's all based on hacks/cheats.

It's difficult to tell. Fourzerotwo mentioned on his twitter that they're going to try to clean up the leaderboards, but how can you really, truly tell if someone cheated. Obviously someone with a 200 K/D ratio is a booster, but what about someone with a 10 K/D? Where's the line? How can you tell for sure?

My guess is that the obvious people will be taken down, but plenty of boosters will survive.

seattle6418 said:
Best weapon for you: high damage or good mobility? SMG , LMG or Assault rifle? (still can't decide if i prefer FAL or L86 or Mini Uzi's...)

Why settle? Use the UMP. :lol

No, seriously, it comes down to what you want to do. I keep two AR classes, an SMG class, and a shotgun class around at all times. This way I can play with whichever one I feel like using at the moment. I never really could get into LMGs, but I suppose I should try again at some point.

seattle6418 said:
Had a blast using the riot shield last night... just had some problems being stabbed on the side... is lightweight a good perk to improve my safety with the shield?

A higher sensitivity is your best bet. It'll let you turn faster to catch those guys running around you. In general, you shouldn't be playing Riot Shield to get a good K/D anyway.

If you have Danger Close and C4, watch this and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcndG8DQuqo

seattle6418 said:
Finally, the most important question... i've been playing a lot of free for all lately... what's the best mode to get a lot of XP quickly? I'm at level 62 and i get about 4.000 to 5.000 on a match minus the challenges... what to do to get more?

Demolition.

Meier

divisionbyzorro said:
It's difficult to tell. Fourzerotwo mentioned on his twitter that they're going to try to clean up the leaderboards, but how can you really, truly tell if someone cheated. Obviously someone with a 200 K/D ratio is a booster, but what about someone with a 10 K/D? Where's the line? How can you tell for sure?

My guess is that the obvious people will be taken down, but plenty of boosters will survive.

It needs to be like baseball or basketball or whatever. To qualify for the accuracy percentage, etc. leader boards, you need to have fired enough shots.

The top of the leaderboards are totally fucked, at least the top 5000 on the kills are hacked accounts, that's unreal. All of them have negative k/d so if you just deleted all those you'd get rid of them but it seems IW can't be bothered and I can't say I blame them too much, it's not exactly a vital part of the game.

Though I did hear that when you reach a certain amount of kills your leaderboard stats totally flip, so it could be that, maybe someone could correct me there.

BTW this is the final of the frag cup: 4v4 domination on rundown, it includes team speak so it's pretty interesting. Some insane nade spots that might come in handy for general play..oh and as ever Bravo is a fuckin mess :lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/machinimarespawn#p/u/3/lPwvahfrZsE

Actually if you watch TVA's previous game on Sub Base vs optic this one guy just nade spams the entire game and the enemy team are totally unaware of his locations, luckily you the game isn't from his POV.

divisionbyzorro said:
If you have Danger Close and C4, watch this and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcndG8DQuqo
You know, I've never noticed that he makes a ton of mistakes in this video. He nukes, yeah, but he misses many opportunities...

You can be much more aggressive than he's being! For example, whenever he gets stuck in a stand-off where the other guy can't decide what to do, he should've tossed a C4. Would've worked every time, instead of waiting for the other guy to move or wait for an opening to shield bash. Similarly, he misses every chance he has when he gets behind a guy... That's when you bust out your akimbo Raffica secondary and get a quick kill, instead of trying to chase the dude over half the map.

Sounds like I should make a Riot Shield video. I'm still open to it if somebody wants to donate a capture card! :lol

PetriP-TNT said:
INSANE match bonuses
Plus, in a match where at least most players care about the bombs, you will easily score between 30 and 100 kills.

jiien

Hey guys, I'm sure this was asked a while back when the Stimulus Pack game out for the 360, but the only place to get the new maps currently is in those two new playlists? Stimulus and Hardcore Stimulus?

So if I went into normal TDM, the new maps wouldn't show up. I assume they'll be integrated after the double XP week? Just asking before I jump in.

I think it was literally the next day when they were put in normal rotation, it might've been two but it seemed almost immediate. Also they weighted them so that they would come up pretty often in the rotation.

jiien

celestial body said:
I think it was literally the next day when they were put in normal rotation, it might've been two but it seemed almost immediate. Also they weighted them so that they would come up pretty often in the rotation.

Oh okay, thanks.

Maximus.

Just finished downloading the new maps on the PS3, took 20 minutes though :lol Hurt to pay 15 bucks for 5 maps, but whatever. Can't wait to test them out.

Hanmik

hmm.. Double Xp week on PS3.

How will I get the most out of it..?

Playing Search & Destroy.. where 1 kills net you 1000Xp and a headshot, bomb defuse, bomb plant gives you 2000xp..?

or is there another mode where I will get more XP fast?

When I play S&D I get from 2 kills to 15 kills. so what mode is the best for high XP..?

(and what is doubled, Kills and objectives. or is there more..?)

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
if you and a friend tactical insert and kill your buddy(on other team) to get a nuke can you get reported for that???

So you have every right to report them for cheating via the Xbox 360 Dashboard. I never bother because I figure that they ignore all cheating reports because they chalk them up to butthurt sore losers. Rather, I just avoid them and their douchebag partners.

But if I see anybody with a gold desert eagle or modded gamertag, I report their ass for system tampering in a heartbeat. And I hope everyone of those asswipes gets permabanned.

divisionbyzorro said:
But if I see anybody with a gold desert eagle or modded gamertag, I report their ass for system tampering in a heartbeat. And I hope everyone of those asswipes gets permabanned.

I check the bios of every 10th prestige I see for the same reason. What's the gold desert eagle thing?

Is anybody on 360 having lag problems lately? Worse than normal, I mean! Our connection seems fine, downloads go well and other games play OK, but for the last 2 days, MW2 has been a lagfest regardless of what the ping meter says.

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
if you and a friend tactical insert and kill your buddy(on other team) to get a nuke can you get reported for that???
No, you can't, but is that a reason to do it? Earn your nukes.

aku:jiki said:
Is anybody on 360 having lag problems lately? Worse than normal, I mean! Our connection seems fine, downloads go well and other games play OK, but for the last 2 days, MW2 has been a lagfest regardless of what the ping meter says.

netflix streaming was really bad as well, maybe the Reach beta?

Hanmik

aku:jiki said:

had the same issue on PS3 yesterday.. I´m playing in Europe. So we did not have the mappack yesterday. I just thought it was because of the amount of players playing now that we have Double xp.

Hanmik said:
hmm.. Double Xp week on PS3.

How will I get the most out of it..?

Playing Search & Destroy.. where 1 kills net you 1000Xp and a headshot, bomb defuse, bomb plant gives you 2000xp..?

or is there another mode where I will get more XP fast?

When I play S&D I get from 2 kills to 15 kills. so what mode is the best for high XP..?

(and what is doubled, Kills and objectives. or is there more..?)

Demolition is the best mode for XP. You might get an insane amount of points for a kill in S&D but you don't get many kills.

Hanmik

Bumblebeetuna said:
Demolition is the best mode for XP. You might get an insane amount of points for a kill in S&D but you don't get many kills.

it´s the best mode for Xp normally yes. But why is it good in Double XP week..?

the thing is, that demolition gives great Match bonus.. but that isn´t doubled.. .. or Am I missing something here..?

A quick example:

Demolition: (an average game)
You kill 20 people: 1000xp x 2 = 2000xp
Defuse or plant 3 bombs: 300xp x 2 = 600xp
Final Score : 2600 xp + challenges and match bonuses (which do not double)

Search & Destroy: (an average game)
You kill 5 people like normal: 2500xp x 2 = 5000xp
You kill 1 person with headshot: 1000xp x 2 = 2000xp
You defuse or plant 2 bombs: 2000xp x 2 = 4000xp
Final score: 11.000xp + challenges and match bonuses (which do not double)

if you want a score for kills in Demolition that equals a 5 kill game in S&D, you need to kill 50 people.. I know it´s easy to get that amount of kills, but I just think it´s even easier in S&D to get 5 kills.. The top players in an S&D game normally have 12+ kills, thats 12.000 xp not counting the possible headshots.. and the top players in a normal Demolition game, gets around 50+ kills... that´s only 5000xp during Double xp week.

Or Am I missing something here..?

Hanmik said:
You kill 20 people: 1000xp x 2 = 2000xp
Defuse or plant 3 bombs: 300xp x 2 = 600xp
Final Score : 2600 xp + challenges and match bonuses (which do not double)
If you average 20 kills in Demo, you definitely need to stop camping so much dude. :D

But, yeah, I dunno about XP. Never really bothered trying to maximize my gain...

Nizz

So after thinking hard about it, I added the $15.00 to my PSN wallet and downloaded the maps. But the Stimulus maps only play certain game types for now (I usually play TDM Express) so in some games I was like a deer in headlights.

I hope they add the maps into the normal gametypes soon. But fwiw, I did have some fun once I got the hang of gametypes like S&D and Headquarters. And after seeing all those points racking up I decided to do what I thought I'd never do again: prestige.

I'm hoping to get through at least this prestige mode and the next one quickly. I want to get to the fifth prestige (I like the symbol) and get another custom class slot. Got another slot yesterday going prestige for a third time. Having seven custom slots is nice!

I figure stopping at five prestige will leave me eight custom slots which is more than enough for me. But I already miss claymores, cold blooded perk, and stingers dearly :lol

kuYuri

Linkzg said:
um, for those who have the PC/Steam version, why is it downloading 12+ gigs? I didn't even buy the stimulus package

What do you mean exactly? The PC version is 12 gigs, that's how it is.

jiien

So played most of last night with the new maps and some friends, and I'm not sure how much I like them. First, the best map out of the five (in my opinion) was Overgrown, but it only ever came up once in a game of Domination (a mode which I have come to dislike very much). Also, I never played COD4 really, so I had no familiarity with Overgrown or Crash.

Anyway, I also thought Crash was shit. I don't see what there is to like about that map...but maybe I just don't know it well enough yet. That ridiculously high three or four story building was incredibly stupid, and completely towers over the rest of the map, which seems imbalanced to me. There may be multiple ways into/onto each of the floors, but I still think it's stupid. The rest of the maps seem to play...I dunno how to describe it, I just didn't feel the map. Maybe it's because most of the people playing probably already knew the map pretty well, where for me, it was just as new as all the others.

I really like Bailout. For some reason, I only got to play Bailout through the Search and Destroy mode (which I'm okay with, since I don't mind playing S&D), but it seemed like a cool map. Seemed balanced. Have to wait till I play it on TDM.

Salvage and Storm were both good and bad. I think the major problem for me right now is the fact that I can't play these maps without having to play Headquarters Pro, Sabotage, or Domination (Sabotage is actually somewhat tolerable on some maps, sometimes, but the other two I just really don't like) half the time. In some games, Storm really clicked, and was pretty cool, and in others, me and my friends got our asses handed to us, and we're not even sure how it happened. Guess we just need to learn the maps better. Anyway, for both, there didn't seem to be any extremely imbalanced part of the map (a likely place for people to hole up and dominate from), which I liked. I especially liked that Salvage was like a series of routes from one end to the other, and that a lot of the firefights came down to quick maneuvering and just plain outshooting the opponent in face to face fights (or some good smart flanking in a few spots). It seems simple and small (but not Rust small), which I like.

Anyway, by the end of the night, however, my friends and I just ended up back playing the normal maps/playlists. Not sure how much we're going to like it when these maps are integrated into normal rotation. On the flip side, since four of us or so account share, it only cost us a few bucks per person, so it didn't hurt that much to be disappointed.

Top Bottom