• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zam

DeuceMojo said:
COD 7 appeared on my radar, but I wiped the screen with some lint-free wipes and it disappeared. I'll be playing this thing for a while.
It's Treyarch making it. Pass

GQman2121

Banned
purple cobra said:
Ouch. Releasing the second map pack in the same time frame as COD: Black Ops? Wouldn't Activision be eating into their own business like that?

I think they have the numbers too prove that anything with the COD name on it will sell. If it's new, people want it.

I doubt we'll see a beta for COD 7 if the 2nd map pack is coming around the same time frame.

Code:
[B]Modern Warfare 2[/B]

"Stimulus Package" - March 30, 2010

Map pack 2 - Q3/Q4 2010

Code:
[B]World at War[/B]

Map Pack 1 - March 19, 2009

Map Pack 2 - June 11, 2009

Map Pack 3 - August 6, 2009

kuYuri

ZZMitch said:
Is the double xp weekend just for PS3 or is it on the 360 version as well?

PS3 and PC only.

Red Scarlet said:
Oh neat, I can play this again with Mutfox!

Shoot me a friend request if you'd like on Steam. I wasn't around the last free weekend, but I think I'll mostly be free this time.

Steam ID: Strider2K99

TheHakku

Indeed said:
just got my first nuke ever. i was shaking like hell for the last 3 kills ;D
Congratulations. Tense moments sometimes when going for those last kills. Just got my second on Highrise. 29-0 in FFA when activating. Yay for discriminating comments and boosting outbursts. I hate boosters and go out of my way to destroy them.

Pretty awesome, though. Was playing CTF on Overgrown and our team is 5-0. About 1 minute left, and we get nuked by the other team. It happens.

Ladyboy101 said:
with update 1.10, does pave low build up kill streaks on ps3 now?
I don't see why not. <-- (LINK)

Mully

I'm sorry, but the community has gone to shit. Every game I join has atleast 4 players using M203's or some type of ranged explosive. On top of that, the people who are not using the "Pro Pipes" are using some type of running class.

It just amazes me people are using very very cheap classes in a stat heavy and highly competitive game. I remember playing Socom 2 and the community would condemn you and execute you via the in-game vote system if you were using ranged explosives.

I understand this problem is mostly IW's fault, but even still people are not trying to police the community.

FK YEAH!!!! FINALLY got my 10th nuke! Only took me 7 and ½ days in game time... (to be honest, I didn't have nukes equiped until the 4th day but anyway). I really like the new maps, especially Salvage. I have played Bailout only once so...

Red Scarlet

Strider2K99 said:
PS3 and PC only.

Shoot me a friend request if you'd like on Steam. I wasn't around the last free weekend, but I think I'll mostly be free this time.

Steam ID: Strider2K99

Ok. It dled too and works, and kept my weirdo controls and customized stuff so maybe I won't be level 1 again. Neat.

I played COD4 nonstop until I 10th prestiged and then some.
Same for World at War.

I can't really put my finger on exactly why/how but for some reason I got to...I think somewhere in the middle of my 2nd prestige several months ago and I just quit this game cold turkey and havent played it since. I used to get up early trying to get the map packs on release day, get the games at midnight on launch day, play for hours on end almost every day and etc. I havent even seen screens of the new map pack for MW2 and I have no desire at all to. It's weird. I'm surprised that I had such a sudden change of heart but I did. I'm just not sure exactly why.

Browns Town said:
I played COD4 nonstop until I 10th prestiged and then some.
Same for World at War.

I can't really put my finger on exactly why/how but for some reason I got to...I think somewhere in the middle of my 2nd prestige several months ago and I just quit this game cold turkey and havent played it since. I used to get up early trying to get the map packs on release day, get the games at midnight on launch day, play for hours on end almost every day and etc. I havent even seen screens of the new map pack for MW2 and I have no desire at all to. It's weird. I'm surprised that I had such a sudden change of heart but I did. I'm just not sure exactly why.

Sounds like you got burned out after three straight years of CoD.

I'm far from burned out on the game, but I am tired of prestiging. I'm definitely hanging out at P3L70 for a while. I'm going to enjoy my akimbo rafficas, ACR, and AK-47.

Hyunkel6

Is there a site to check stats? I remember WaW having one. I may be wrong, but didn't IW say they were working on one back when the game was released?

ZZMitch

Well I downloaded the MW2 free weekend on my Mac Mini 2.53ghz... and it actually runs pretty good at 1680x1050... im going to lower the resolution a bit to make it run smoother, but I am genuinely surprised :D

BlinkGT

There is not a site to check stats. And yes, they talked about a whole community website, but nothing on stats. It would be great though.

yoopoo

Banned
Omg...never prestiging again. Almost threw the controller at the tv, I've got no cold blooded or stinger and NO ONE shoots down any air support. These idiots at high levels keep running around and keep getting murdered.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
yoopoo said:
Omg...never prestiging again. Almost threw the controller at the tv, I've got no cold blooded or stinger and NO ONE shoots down any air support. These idiots at high levels keep running around and keep getting murdered.

I had to tell a friend to shut fuck up and quit his bitching last night because he kept getting killed by air support and then running right back outside to get killed again.

TheHakku

It's funny as hell. It shows right on the radar where the aircrafts are and what direction they're facing. Just stay away within a certain radius. It's EASY. ...People can't do it.

Yeah... people bitch about anything in this game. A camper killed me in Rundown, so I switched to my running tac-knife class and stabbed him dead twice in a row. Whining so much because I killed him. Sorry I annihilated your tent, dude. Get over it. It's a game!

ScrubJay

Double XP weekend seems to have attracted all the bad players. I managed to get an average of 30-40 kills per game using 5-7-9 killstreak setup. That's nothing compared to the pros in this thread but I've only had the game 2 weeks and I'm usually lucky to get a 1:1 ratio. Nobody seemed to want to shoot down air support at all, which brought me tons of XP tonight :D

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I just took out the entire enemy team all by myself playing S&D on Bailout. That might be the first time I've ever done that.

Brian Fellows said:
I just took out the entire enemy team all by myself playing S&D on Bailout. That might be the first time I've ever done that.
I did this twice in a row Sub Base some months ago... that shit was EPIC

aku:jiki

I played against a dude who flipped out and sent like 5 angry messages because I killed him. The guy was doing some dirty, filthy camping on Favela - totally ignoring the bomb sites while lying in dark alleyways or waiting at the top of stairs and then moving to some other rat hole after every kill. He stopped my flanking a couple of times and I got annoyed and hunted him down - found him when he was using the Chopper Gunner and managed to get him at 20-0. He got upset!

So I responded to his bunch of messages by saying that he shouldn't camp like a bitch and I won't have to hunt him down, which prompted a flood of new messages about how he wasn't camping at all. :lol

chixdiggit

I think I'm level 44 or so on the 360. Since then I upgraded my PC and have played both of the free Steam weekends. What surprises me is how much different the two are. Not in terms of graphics or gameplay but just how people play. Hardly anybody uses claymores on the PC as compared to the 360 for example. There also seems to be half the amount of kill streak awards that happen in a match on the PC (I prefer it that way).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ScHlAuChi said:
Of course i meant SP - only played MP for a while but didnt capture me that much.

Well the multiplayer is why it sells. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't even touch the singleplayer.

The SP needs to be played on Hardcore and hardcore only. The lower levels it's just boring alley run and you insta-die every now and then anyway

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
PetriP-TNT said:
The SP needs to be played on Hardcore and hardcore only. The lower levels it's just boring alley run and you insta-die every now and then anyway

I actually love the Call of Duty games on the easier difficulties as well as the harder difficulties. I recently rolled through the MW games on easy over a couple days and I had a blast.

jlevel13

yoopoo said:

It has been said many times before, but one of the default classes has the cold blooded perk and an anti-air weapon, so you can always switch to a cold blooded build, even at the first rank.

Stallion Free said:
But you know in your heart that that isn't true 100% completion.

Put me in the camp that doesn't give a shit about prestiging or completing challenges. There again I don't give a crap about gamer achievements and I rarely ever complete games

I just want to get my KD as high as possible and help my team to win.

Pulka

Getting nukes is hard. Tips?
I use:

Tar-21 Silencer
Stinger (RPG when I can)
Claymores

Scavanger Pro
Stopping Power
Ninja Pro

Harrier, Chopper, nuke.

Dresden

Pulka said:
I use:

Tar-21 Silencer
Stinger (RPG when I can)
Claymores

Scavanger Pro
Stopping Power
Ninja Pro

Harrier, Chopper, nuke.
There really isn't a good tip for it. I think the first few times TRYING to get a nuke is the hardest, though. Once you get a couple, you stop being so nervous and it's smooth sailings. And then you can get the emblem and drop it afterwards, which is nice. Nukes ruin it for everyone involved.

Anyways, got the EMP emblem as well, along with the Nuke emblem. Finally. Now I just need the sentry emblem to get all of them.

kuYuri

jlevel13 said:
It has been said many times before, but one of the default classes has the cold blooded perk and an anti-air weapon, so you can always switch to a cold blooded build, even at the first rank.

The only default class that has Cold Blooded is the sniper one and it's secondary weapon is a USP w/Silencer. You are mistaken.

switch-it

Banned
u2ezm.jpg

Don't you just love this? :lol

I'm PattyMan btw. :D

Pulka said:
I use:

Tar-21 Silencer
Stinger (RPG when I can)
Claymores

Scavanger Pro
Stopping Power
Ninja Pro

Harrier, Chopper, nuke.
Chances are you're gonna be 'area' camping a bit to get the first nuke, my recommendation is to have a shotty or machine pistol as a secondary to get those pesky revenge killers. I presume you're playing FFA as that's the easiest mode to play to get a nuke.

Top Bottom