• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

AwesomeSyrup said:
Is the M16 weaker in this than COD4? I just started using it for the first time and it takes like 2 bursts every time to kill someone.
i felt the same, it's strange.
famas alwasys kills in one burst.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
<3 the FAMAS. I love it more than I ever loved the M16 in MW1, and I loved that gun a lot. I will probably use it for the rest of this prestige because it's so addicting.

acevans2

Anybody want to help me finish the last 6 spec-ops missions on Veteran?

I'm playing on PS3. If anyone's interested just add me (PSN: Micheal_Bluth).

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:
It seems to me that the FAMAS is more accurate, but their damage models are basically the same.
I agree with div on this ...overall, the FAMAS just seems that much better (slightly more accurate, slightly better at range damage). If you're set on SP though, the FAMAS' damage range advantage should be negated (single burst will kill at any distance). But for whatever reasons, for me, the FAMAS just seems better than the M16 (the M16's reload advantage (IMO) is marginal).

aku, that's amazing, how the fuck do you even do that? do you constantly rush? I've been in demo or groundwar games where some guys are on 60-70 and i'm always amazed as I barely scrape past 30-35 on a good day but 110 is another fucking level...particularly as you achieved it without the oma/dc/propipe arsehole class. nice one.

celestial body said:
aku, that's amazing, how the fuck do you even do that? do you constantly rush? I've been in demo or groundwar games where some guys are on 60-70 and i'm always amazed as I barely scrape past 30-35 on a good day but 110 is another fucking level...particularly as you achieved it without the oma/dc/propipe arsehole class. nice one.

I'm assuming Marathon + Stopping Power + Steady Aim, nonstop rushing, and bad opponents. :lol

zam

aku:jiki said:
I have to post my best game ever! Domination on Terminal - once I noticed I had like 70 kills at the end of the second round, I asked my team to let them win one so I could break 100 and so we did. :D

28958_1448869183364_1282239271_1262163_6855472_n.jpg

That's almost all Mini-Uzi akimbo. Some G18, a couple from my streaks (Predator/Heli/S.Bomber) but not too many. These guys were just amazing at clustering up constantly - once during the match I scored two triple sprays on the same guys in a matter of seconds. :lol
Hey look at that handsome guy doing 63-24 that match :D

celestial body said:
Look at the opposing team's scores and you'll see how, one guy goin 13-34 and another going 15-47 :lol

Hyunkel6

I've been thinking of using the FAMAS to vary my gameplay recently. I used mainly the TAR, SCAR, AUG and ACR for my 1st prestige. A couple of questions: RDS, holo or iron sight? Silencer? And is stopping power mandatory?

zam

Hyunkel6 said:
I've been thinking of using the FAMAS to vary my gameplay recently. I used mainly the TAR, SCAR, AUG and ACR for my 1st prestige. A couple of questions: RDS, holo or iron sight? Silencer? And is stopping power mandatory?
Stopping Power isn't mandatory. My FAMAS kit is usually silencer or RDS and cold-blooded, but it's entirely up to preference.

quadrax1s

Neo Member
My friends are starting to complain about the UMP nonstop during matches and it's getting on my nerves. I don't use the gun but I don't see how it's cheap. They complain about a three shot kill like it's the only gun in the game that does that.

TheHakku

quadrax1s said:
My friends are starting to complain about the UMP nonstop during matches and it's getting on my nerves. I don't use the gun but I don't see how it's cheap. They complain about a three shot kill like it's the only gun in the game that does that.
People complaining for the sake of complaining. I get annoyed when I'm destroyed by the UMP, but I don't believe it's a cheap weapon at all. I think it's one of the harder weapons to use (in my experience) due to the amazing recoil. I don't use it much. Others have mastered the weapon. So be it.

Mik2121

The only thing I find cheap in this game are the noob tubes. But that's something we all know, and if I happen to join a room full of them, I just leave and go somewhere else.
I have had people sending me hate mails and calling me cheater because I killed them with my ACR + silencer (not the strongest set out there...), but hey... deal with it ;D

I just finished playing some Free-for-all and it was awesome. I barely ever play it, but I managed to finish first on the last 5 or so games, all with the ACR + Silencer, and man it feels good.. :)

I'm also "learning" to use FAL + Holo sight, with stopping power as well. Pretty strong weapon to pick up enemies far away.

New Map Pack (Resurgence) Dated.

Activision has announced that the Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack will be released for Xbox Live users on 3rd June.

Inside are five new maps, although they're not named.

To celebrate, Infinity Ward will host two double-XP weekends either side of release: one on Friday, 28th May and Friday, 4th June.

There's no mention of price, but Resurgence offers the same amount of content as the Stimulus Pack, which cost 1200 Microsoft Points (£10.20/€14.40).

The Stimulus Package was exclusive to Xbox Live for 30 days, and the Resurgence Pack is likely to follow that example before appearing on PC and PS3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-modern-warfare-2-dlc-dated

jlevel13

Happy that the maps are coming sooner rather than later. I think it's a very good idea. I guess around July 1st for PC? I hope they turn out worthwhile with all the craziness going on at IW... also kind of hoping for no more remakes...

Nizz

Pulka said:
I'm starting to hate this game.
You're not alone. :lol I think I really need a break from it. Last night I rage quit and actually popped in COD4 and played that for a bit. Felt weird getting hit and not feeling rumble (PS3 version/no rumble in the Sixaxis days) but it was nice to revisit.

Though it seems like everybody is using Martyrdom now. I'll be kidding myself if I say I'm never going back to MW2. It's just that certain things about the game piss me off. Most notably: Commando perk. I really hate that perk.

I hate it so much I don't even equip it myself. It kills me every time when I see a guy heading towards me, I start unloading a clip into him and he just charges in like a bullet-proof freight train with the melee insta-kill.

mr_boo

Hyunkel6 said:
Like zam said, it's more about preference. zam's cited kit is more so based as a silent/stealth kit (hence CB and silencer). If you're looking for more of an mid-range fighter, than I think SP is an obvious choice for the second tier slot since SP guarantees a single burst kill at any range (assume all 3-bullets from the burst connect). By its very nature, in mid-range equal engagements burst fire weapons are at a disadvantage of course to the full autos (M1, SCAR, TAR), which is why SP is recommended.

Mik2121 said:
I'm also "learning" to use FAL + Holo sight, with stopping power as well. Pretty strong weapon to pick up enemies far away.
If you can live without Scavenger/SoH/Marathon try bling'ing it with Silencer. It'll still be a 2HK at any range.

I'm not surprised to see map pack 2 coming so soon, I never thought they would actually release a new map pack close to Black Ops release. It would kill demand and sales for that game.

jlevel13

Shipment in the MW2 engine will be the stupidest map ever. It's crazy enough in CoD4. They're probably just putting it in there to make Rust seem good.

Yes! new maps so soon and double Xp weekends, lovely..

I never played COD4 so all 5 will seem fresh to me, sick of fucking overgrown coming up every other map.

If i'm getting this right, FAMAS w/sp should be 1 burst kill from all ranges and without sp, kill from close but 2 bursts from far. Always assuming all bullets hit.

oh and against guys with painkiller: 7 fucking bursts to the chest followed by a commando knife to your face. Sorry i'm a bit bitter, this has happened to me a few times.

I hope this time it's only 2 new maps, and 3 returning CoD4 maps. I'm crossing my fingers for more Shipment, Wetworks and Killhouse. Now those are quality maps!

mr_boo

Lionheart1827 said:
I really hope its not shipment.

Give us Crossfire, broadcast, district. Come on.
Any combination of Crossfire, Pipeline, Strike and District....heck don't know everyone else, but Bog was also one of my favorites.

mr_boo said:
Any combination of Crossfire, Pipeline, Strike and District....heck don't know everyone else, but Bog was also one of my favorites.

I didnt mind bog too much on COD4, but if its in mw2, it will be a thermal snipers cream dream.

Lionheart1827 said:
I didnt mind bog too much on COD4, but if its in mw2, it will be a thermal snipers cream dream.

Seriously, that map would be unplayable in MW2. Not only a thermal sniper hell, but imagine all the Commando knifing going on in that one hallway... that's the stuff nightmares are made of my friends.

snap0212

Foliorum Viridum said:
That type of trolling was boring before Stimulus was even released. Give it a rest.
See, I wasn't trolling. I nailed it! :D

Oh, and by the way... I did not say anything about the value of those maps or anything like that. I just said that he won't be getting five new maps for the price of $15. ;-)

aku:jiki

I think I saw the biggest jackass kit yesterday... The fucker had a TAR with noobtube and a Thumper secondary. Danger Close, of course, but also Sleight of Hand. Bastard had no plans on streaking or doing well at all - that was a kit built only to piss people off. So lame. Why, Infinity Ward, why? :(

Cool news about the map pack though!

celestial body said:
Thanks, man! There's nothing more to it than what zorro posted though - I had a good kit and got very lucky. What happened over and over and over was that I'd go on the flank, or to the bomb site they were going for at the time, circle around them and find four guys staring straight ahead and being completely oblivious. Killed them, got killed by a revenge spawn and then I did the same thing again. :lol

Top Bottom