• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Revolutionary said:
Is that what the game looks like in 4:3? The UI isn't even scaled for it...

The game adjusts depending on your monitor. If your running in a 4:3 resolution, but on a 16:10 monitor, it adjusts everything so it looks right in 16:10 (screenshots would look like 4:3 squished however).

Great for playing on laptops when you cant set the resolution too high :)

switch-it

Banned
Ogs said:
The game adjusts depending on your monitor. If your running in a 4:3 resolution, but on a 16:10 monitor, it adjusts everything so it looks right in 16:10 (screenshots would look like 4:3 squished however).

Great for playing on laptops when you cant set the resolution too high :)

Exactly. Doesn't look like that when playing. It's funny, i've gotten used to the shitty graphics and when i play on the PS3 i get distracted by all the detail :) I play on the lowest settings on my laptop.

itsgreen

celcius said:
Finally unlocked the Fall color for my M16 :D
I guess next I'll try to get my first nuke...

Ah the first nuke, a beautiful thing. The excitement when you know you got 20 kills and realize it is possible...

Man....I've never played Search and Destroy before-but what a thrill!! I was intimidated by the no-spawning and "Spectating" (in case I suck, and do something stupid) but with the Stimulus Map Pack playlist, I've been playing it and man oh man-THIS is how the game is meant to be played!!! I'm sure there are hundreds of amazing stories, of comebacks, etc. but I have to share mine-the team I was paired with was not very good and we lost the first 3 rounds-then we won the next 4 in a row to come back-and I was the champion! Last Man Standing on Crash...I took out enough guys in the previous round so that I was building for my predator missle....I ran up to the roof of Crash, knifed 2 guys which got my Predator-and then slammed it down on the remaining dude for the win!! My heart was pounding in that last round "IT'S ALL UP TO YOU NOW!!!"

And also-why the HELL would everyone NOT use Ninja in S&D....

MDavis360 said:
Now that REALLY intimidates me!!
I say it's better because there's more strategy involved. Also, you can use any weapon and still do good .

I use the FAL with a thermal and shotgun attachment. It's like a sniper

switch-it said:
u2ezm.jpg

Don't you just love this? :lol

I'm PattyMan btw. :D
Well I would love it if the damn console versions actually had a text chat. Come on, it is pretty much the easiest thing to implement EVER and you could pretty much use any keyboard on the PS3 version. But hey, at least we have millions of whiny kids with mics with horrible sound quality.

I finally figured out why Bailout is the worst map in the game: You can't run from one side of the map to the other without being in clear sight of someone. There are such small passage ways from side to side, and all of them can easily be seen by anyone who has elevation. Such a terribly designed map.

ZeroRay

This game killed my PS3. The revenge of the fallen Infinity Ward devs!

At least my last full game had me clutching my team to victory in Sabotage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PetriP-TNT said:
Well I would love it if the damn console versions actually had a text chat. Come on, it is pretty much the easiest thing to implement EVER and you could pretty much use any keyboard on the PS3 version. But hey, at least we have millions of whiny kids with mics with horrible sound quality.

Blame MS not allowing it on XBL for dragging the PS3 version down to it's level.

Text Chat in multiplatform PS3 games = good thing for me. TOO BAD THEY DON'T WANT TO BE ACCESSIBLE BECAUSE MS ARE DICKHOLES.

TheSeks said:
Blame MS not allowing it on XBL for dragging the PS3 version down to it's level.

Text Chat in multiplatform PS3 games = good thing for me. TOO BAD THEY DON'T WANT TO BE ACCESSIBLE BECAUSE MS ARE DICKHOLES.
Every dev everywhere should take a look at Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3

Are you playing on your PSP or what is going on there??

I finally discovered how to still enjoy MW2: Just take it in small doses. Play it from time to time but not each day.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Patrick Bateman said:
I finally discovered how to still enjoy MW2: Just take it in small doses. Play it from time to time but not each day.

Yeah, that's how I roll. I hit prestige 2 thanks to some help from my bros and am half way towards prestige 3 completely on my own. I had a blast playing with my buddies using the free weekend and it made me really tempted to grab the map pack.

Mik2121

So.. Any clue on when will we be able to play TDM with the Stimulus pack? I've Been playing the available playlist but Bailout has not shown up not even once, and I really wanna see it... (this is about the PS3 version, obviously)

Red Scarlet

Meh, 1 person tossed an invite when I was playing something else, and Mutfox was gone all weekend until like an hour after the free weekend ended. Lame.

Mik2121 said:
So.. Any clue on when will we be able to play TDM with the Stimulus pack? I've Been playing the available playlist but Bailout has not shown up not even once, and I really wanna see it... (this is about the PS3 version, obviously)

They're already integrated in the normal playlists. I haven't tried TDM yet, but the new maps are showing up in Domination and Mosh Pit. Unless you mean a TDM playlist with only the Stimulus pack...

kuYuri

1st Person Team Tactical now has S&D integrated in the playlist.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, that's how I roll. I hit prestige 2 thanks to some help from my bros and am half way towards prestige 3 completely on my own. I had a blast playing with my buddies using the free weekend and it made me really tempted to grab the map pack.

Would have joined you too, I was free all weekend this time.

Red Scarlet said:
Meh, 1 person tossed an invite when I was playing something else, and Mutfox was gone all weekend until like an hour after the free weekend ended. Lame.

I saw you on FFXII Int or L4D most of the time, so I wasn't sure if you wanted to play. :/

DRE Fei

I haven't played this game in so long, but I'm almost at the end of prestige 8. It seriously slows down once you hit level 50 and becomes a grind. I still want to play this game, but with all of this IW drama going on is there ever going to be a new map pack to keep things fresh? I've given up on the idea of the game being patched for balance at this point. It looks like most of the community has also, and they're just OMA noobtubing for the troll factor now. Since I've had some time away from the game it doesn't even bother me anymore. It's actually kind of funny now. At least search is still playable, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PetriP-TNT said:
Every dev everywhere should take a look at Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3

UT3 PS3 doesn't support text chat. It does support keyboard and mouse (though the PS3 controller has to be on as well *mumblegrumble"fixthisshitcliffy"mumblegrumble*) for gameplay, however.

The only PS3 game (that I own so for my knowledge) that does text-keyboard chat is MGO. And MGO isn't... good. :|

Xux

Strider2K99 said:
1st Person Team Tactical now has S&D integrated in the playlist

Looks like I'm never playing that playlist.

DRE Fei said:
I still want to play this game, but with all of this IW drama going on is there ever going to be a new map pack to keep things fresh?

Yeah, the second map pack is still confirmed to be coming out and will be here around the time that Black Ops comes out on 11/9/10.

Sanjay

PetriP-TNT said:
The SP needs to be played on Hardcore and hardcore only. The lower levels it's just boring alley run and you insta-die every now and then anyway

Thing about hardcore mode it makes guns unbalanced and the guns in MW2 are not what I would call great balancing.

er ignore I'm blind I thought he meant MP.

Xux said:
Looks like I'm never playing that playlist.

I hate that it has SnD too. I play SnD mode all the time but in the mosh pit playlists SnD is always such a fucking momentum killer. Especially when half the party bails out when it pops up.

yoopoo

Banned
Does going prestige put you against better players? Because I've been going negative in 90% of the matches since I went prestige.

And why the fuck does Overgrown come up so much..god damn.

TheHakku

SuperAndroid17 said:
ok , I finally saw some dude with the 10th prestige spinning emblem. How do you get it? Wiki has nothing on it?
Currently, the only way known is to hack your game save. It is assumed that achieving every challenge, including all hidden and prestige challenges, unlocks the emblem. Noone has yet to legitimately achieve this task.

Dresden said:
Those screens actually look worse than counter strike... source, at least.
They don't do the game justice at all. It looks great on PC. Whatever was used to either resize those images or whatever is going on in those shots is terrible.

Example from my free MW2 weekend play. I do believe this game was meant to be played with a controller. Definitely not used to the keyboard/mouse controls.

kuYuri

TheHakku said:
Example from my free MW2 weekend play. I do believe this game was meant to be played with a controller. Definitely not used to the keyboard/mouse controls.

The game is completely fine to me with KB/M. In fact, it feels so much better and I play better with those controls compared to 360 controls.

switch-it

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Are you playing on your PSP or what is going on there??

I'm playing on the lowest of the lowest settings. It's the only way i can run it on my laptop. I have the game for PS3 also but prefer KB/M over the controller.

So have we all basically said all there is to say about this game at this point? :lol

I still love this game (despite currently being distracted by the Reach beta); I just feel like most of the useful things to say have been said to death by now.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Still working through my third prestige at the moment. Reach beta held my attention for a couple days but my enthusiasm has died down quite a bit. It's quite flawed in many areas and it's just not that fun. Gets old very quickly.

I've gone back to ol' reliable. There's no other FPS on the market that captures my attention like MW2.

and I'll probably buy BlackOps as well because I just can't resist my CoD fix. Sucks we'll have to wait a couple years for Respawn to come out with their project. :-\

Even after 12+ hours of Halo: Reach, it's nice to know I've still got it. I managed to sneak in about five games this evening before my lovely wife came home, and not only did I go positive in each game, but I went 38-7 in a game of Headquarters and 16-1 just now in one of the fastest games of Demolition I've ever played! :lol

I forgot how much fun RPGs are. I can't let these babies go again!

aku:jiki

I have to post my best game ever! Domination on Terminal - once I noticed I had like 70 kills at the end of the second round, I asked my team to let them win one so I could break 100 and so we did. :D

28958_1448869183364_1282239271_1262163_6855472_n.jpg

That's almost all Mini-Uzi akimbo. Some G18, a couple from my streaks (Predator/Heli/S.Bomber) but not too many. These guys were just amazing at clustering up constantly - once during the match I scored two triple sprays on the same guys in a matter of seconds. :lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Strider2K99 said:
1st Person Team Tactical now has S&D integrated in the playlist.
Hmmm. Played a fair bit last night and didn't get any.
Sucks though, really enjoy Team Tac, but can't stand SaD.

aku:jiki said:
I have to post my best game ever! Domination on Terminal - once I noticed I had like 70 kills at the end of the second round, I asked my team to let them win one so I could break 100 and so we did. :D

That's almost all Mini-Uzi akimbo. Some G18, a couple from my streaks (Predator/Heli/S.Bomber) but not too many. These guys were just amazing at clustering up constantly - once during the match I scored two triple sprays on the same guys in a matter of seconds. :lol

Damn dude! What were the perks you paired with those Uzis?

I need to start rushing more. I'm really much more of a patrol/chokepoint player than an in-your-face player, but you stories are really making me want to change the way I play Demolition.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
Damn dude! What were the perks you paired with those Uzis?

I need to start rushing more. I'm really much more of a patrol/chokepoint player than an in-your-face player, but you stories are really making me want to change the way I play Demolition.

When I used the same set-up, I had:

Akimbo Uzis
Akimbo G18
Flashbang, Semtex
Marathon Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

clav

AwesomeSyrup said:
Is the M16 weaker in this than COD4? I just started using it for the first time and it takes like 2 bursts every time to kill someone.
Yes it is weaker. You're better off burst firing using a LMG at a far distance.

Just played a few games after taking a break from Halo Reach.

Went 30-3 for a couple games.

I still haven't bought the stimulus package as it seems it has fragmented the community, and most people still play the original maps.

I suppose GAF's consensus is not to buy them?

claviertekky said:
Just played a few games after taking a break from Halo Reach.

Went 30-3 for a couple games.

I still haven't bought the stimulus package as it seems it has fragmented the community, and most people still play the original maps.

I suppose GAF's consensus is not to buy them?

If you don't have the maps, you'll only be matched up with people who don't have them.

You should buy them - they're really good!

Xux

AwesomeSyrup said:
Is the M16 weaker in this than COD4? I just started using it for the first time and it takes like 2 bursts every time to kill someone.

Nope, it's the same.

Top Bottom