• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

snap0212 said:
See, I wasn't trolling. I nailed it! :D

Oh, and by the way... I did not say anything about the value of those maps or anything like that. I just said that he won't be getting five new maps for the price of $15. ;-)

Sure he will.

I never played Crash or Overgrown in MW2 until Stimulus. Seemed like new maps to me.

mr_boo said:
Any combination of Crossfire, Pipeline, Strike and District....heck don't know everyone else, but Bog was also one of my favorites.

I can't even imagine the ridiculousness of something like OMA noob tubing, Commando teleporting, or AC130/CG killstreaking on a map like Bog. It would be brutal.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Sure he will.

I never played Crash or Overgrown in MW2 until Stimulus. Seemed like new maps to me.

Thats a terrible way of looking at it. Essentially the next CoD could have nothing but MW2 maps by your logic. :lol

I would actually love Bog, am I weird? :S

zam

Glad to hear about the new map pack, good thing they didn't wait until fall like there was talk about. But Shipment? Really? Rust is terribad, and Shipment was terrible in Cod4.. Vacant will be kinda nice, but I'm not too psyched about that since I've been feeling that Storm was a better version of Vacant.. Really looking forward to Double-XP, I leveled a whole prestige level (if not more) the last Double-XP weekend :D

Kujo

Didn't we already know about all the COD4 maps from the leak a few months back?

Chopper Gunner on Shipment *vomits*

edit: phew

Xux

Fourzerotwo on Major Nelson right now.

Vacant is in and changes depending on game mode.
Strike is in and not Shipment.

Dresden

Xux said:

FUCK YEAH STRIKE WOOOO

Also, I've been playing around with a douchebag class:

Akimbo Rafficas

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Last Stand Pro

Has all the benefits of a shotgun runner class, but you have Last Stand+Akimbo Rafficas. Tried it with Stopping Power, but at that range, one bullet difference in kill speed doesn't matter at all.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Xux said:

FUCK YES

:D :D :D :D

DAY ONE

3357adc.jpg

Xux said:

Thank fucking god. Shipment, more like shitment.

I was still hoping for Crossfire though. :( I will gladly take strike though, great map.

Xux

Yeah, he says Vacant actually loses walls depending on the objective. Doesn't mention any changes for Strike.

Dresden

Wow, this game has a way of ruining your enjoyment fast. Played against a team with four OMA tubers in Salvage. Fuck that shit.

snap0212 said:
See, I wasn't trolling. I nailed it! :D

Oh, and by the way... I did not say anything about the value of those maps or anything like that. I just said that he won't be getting five new maps for the price of $15. ;-)
Yes I will. They're new maps to MW2. You were trolling, no matter how you try and twist the little jabs. :)

Strike was never a favourite map of mine in COD4, but Vacant was my absolute favourite, so that's fucking great news. :D I'm gonna have to get from 62 to 70 in the next few weeks so I can start my third prestige with the double XP weekends.

Hard to believe I'm only at the end of my second prestige with 8 days played. :lol

MercuryLS

Banned
I think I've finally found the perfect loadout for HCSD.

SCAR-H w/ Noobtube
That autoshotty AA12(?) w/ grip

Marathon Pro
Cold Blooded Pro
Ninja Pro

Clamore
Flashbang

It took so long to find the perfect setup for me, but this one just works so well to my play style.

snap0212

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yes I will. They're new maps to MW2. You were trolling, no matter how you try and twist the little jabs. :)
So the other guy was talking about how the maps were new because he had never played them and you tell me they're new because they are new to this game? If you buy a CD and put it into your computer it's still the same music. It's not new just because you put it into a CD drive instead of your discman. We've already had this discussion in the other topic about the Stimulus Pack pricing, I think.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to troll. ;-)

Now a question: Does anyone know if we'll get some new Spec-Ops missions in the future? I'm not sure but didn't IW say that they will release some of those as DLC in the future? I'd also like a couple of new MP-Modes. Especially one with disabled kill-streaks. :)

aku:jiki

New maps sound fucking great. The descriptions sound much better than Bailout and Storm (even though I've grown to at least kind-of like both)...

Am I really the only person alive who liked Downpour in CoD4? I'd rather see it than Overgrown or Vacant personally.

Dresden said:
FUCK YEAH STRIKE WOOOO

Also, I've been playing around with a douchebag class:

Akimbo Rafficas

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Last Stand Pro
That was the class I used to complete all the various Last Stand challenges, and yeah, it's very douchey! I once ran into the enemy spawn on Salvage, got put into Last Stand right away and just panic sprayed forward and scored a Predator! :lol

-MikePriester- said:
No Killstreaks, No Perks.

How hard could it be to impliment.
Depending on how they coded everything, disabling perks via a simple playlist may be completely impossible.

aku:jiki said:
Am I really the only person alive who liked Downpour in CoD4? I'd rather see it than Overgrown or Vacant personally.

Depending on how they coded everything, disabling perks via a simple playlist may be completely impossible.

No, I loved Downpour aswell. Pipeline I'd love. I don't mind seeing 2 'old' maps with new ones. Even if I did put 20+ days into COD 4.

I think I've seen no perk lobbies (all be it hacked ones) on youtube.

402 has said a few times it's something that 'there looking into' or 'would like himself' something along them lines. But yeah, that's 402. If it's an option in private match, then I cant see much of a problem.

mr_boo

-MikePriester- said:
No, I loved Downpour aswell. Pipeline I'd love. I don't mind seeing 2 'old' maps with new ones. Even if I did put 20+ days into COD 4.
To me, Downpour was a solid map...Pipeline on the other hand was my favorite map - hanging round the warehouse rooftop was my absolute favorite. But anyways, I'm glad Strike made it in...I used to hold down what I called the Eagle's Nest (the second floor of the building over looking the statue/courtyard) in Strike all the time...I wonder if that will still work.

So I'm in a game right now and 4 people in this Demolition room are constantly going like 5-30 while they try to get these stupid ass spinning no scope sniper kills. And it's been like this in almost every room the last couple days. Is this some new thing or something?

Dresden said:
I doubt there will be a third pack in Fall--I can see one late Summer, at best. They probably don't want to mess with Black Ops' release.

W@W was still selling map packs as late as August. I would not be surprised at all to see a third pack about that same time frame for MW2.

Bumblebeetuna said:
So I'm in a game right now and 4 people in this Demolition room are constantly going like 5-30 while they try to get these stupid ass spinning no scope sniper kills. And it's been like this in almost every room the last couple days. Is this some new thing or something?

Not new. Those dumbasses are looking for montage kills. Just hope they don't end up on your team.

snap0212

Bumblebeetuna said:
Probably a bunch of kids who watched too much montages on youtube. No-Scoping doesn't really work in Modern Warfare 2 so they probably will die trying. :p The No-Scope / Quick-Scope scene is pretty big tho...

jedimike

Smart move by IW to put the new pack out on June 3rd vice two or three months from now. I checked last night and I hadn't played MW2 in 12 days. The game would have easily fallen off my radar, but the new pack just put it back on.

The new maps sound good, but I'll reserve judgement until I play them. Remember, everyone thought salvage would be the weakest of the new maps and bailout would be the best.

I'll be setting aside 1200 points for June 3rd. Congrats IW for figuring out how to keep getting me to give you more money.

Also, the impression I got from the Major Nelson interview was that IW will continue on this schedule. We'll probably see another pack get released in August and maybe October.

jedimike

Spinning Plates said:
I'm sure 'Trailer Park' has been around for a long time. I seem to recall seeing a screenshot of it prior to the release of MW2.

It looks familiar because it is an extension of the single player campaign. This is the makeshift housing for the people that worked there.

Those images are hottt. Looks like the COD4 maps are getting a different treatment to Overgrown and Crash.

I quite like the fact those two were "pure," but I'm quite excited to see just how different these have changed, also.

zam

Ran into a guy the other day using a blinged TAR with thermal and heartbeat sensor, so incredibly cheap, though I don't know who is worse, that guy or the one I ran into using HBS + noob tube...

mr_boo

zam said:
Ran into a guy the other day using a blinged TAR with thermal and heartbeat sensor, so incredibly cheap, though I don't know who is worse, that guy or the one I ran into using HBS + noob tube...
I typically run TDM, but am I one of the few that isn't bothered with Thermal nor HBS? Looking at it from a Sniper's perspective, HBS and Thermal are pretty much solid choices. FMJ can be considered too situational for given maps, and Extended Mags is pretty good (especially for Intervention) but essentially made less effective with SoH. But from your example case (Bling'ed TAR w Thermal + HBS)...that guy must have serious problems identifying targets.

Dresden

mr_boo said:
I typically run TDM, but am I one of the few that isn't bothered with Thermal nor HBS? Looking at it from a Sniper's perspective, HBS and Thermal are pretty much solid choices. FMJ can be considered too situational for given maps, and Extended Mags is pretty good (especially for Intervention) but essentially made less effective with SoH. But from your example case (Bling'ed TAR w Thermal + HBS)...that guy must have serious problems identifying targets.
Seems pretty pointless to use both on a freaking TAR. The recoil alone would make it more difficult to use than a regular sniper.

And HBS doesn't bother me at all. If someone is 'abusing' it, then I just hop on any class with Ninja Pro on it--and at that point, if they rely on HBS too much, they're dead. Same deal for Thermal--pop cold blooded on.

itsgreen

Apparently there is a nuke cheat (in SnD) second round, first half. Enemy team had a nuke, the highest killcount was 5...

Didn't know this could happen.

You should have seen my face.

itsgreen said:
Apparently there is a nuke cheat (in SnD) second round, first half. Enemy team had a nuke, the highest killcount was 5...

Didn't know this could happen.

You should have seen my face.

Probably a hacked care package. It came up some number of pages ago.

New maps seem pretty interesting. The changes to the COD4 maps surprise me - I'm sure the geometry and design is basically the same, but the actual texturing and lighting has been changed quite noticeably. Vacant doesn't have that blue-ish look anymore and I could barely recognise Strike for a second. I had no problem with Overgrown and Crash looking the same (though Overgrown does consequently look a tad ugly in comparison to the MW2 maps) but I'm liking these changes.

As far as the new maps go, I'm actually looking most forward to Fuel. If it's supposed to be a sniping map, that doesn't bother me since I actually think Snipers are given a bit of a tough run in the game - essentially only Wasteland, and maybe Estate are sniping maps. Otherwise sniping is a bit pointless, so it's good to see another map that encourages it.

Carnival should be pretty interesting - lots of new assets should make it really fresh. You see the Trailer Park assets all the time in the single-player and spec-ops (and even in multiplayer with Scrapyard) so I'm not overly keen on that one, but then again the addition of Salvage meant yet another snow map and it still turned out to easily be the best of the new three.

Hopefully all three are more along the lines of Salvage, and less like Storm and Bailout, which aren't particularly bad (actually Storm gives me nice Downpour/Pipeline vibes) but weren't much better, if at all, than the original maps.

Are we likely to get a third map pack? Wouldn't mind seeing District and Backlot (or even Crossfire) get a run in the game. Also think the game could use a map with some significant lighting changes - perhaps a darkened level like the EMP scene in the campaign?

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-20091109113933089_640w.jpg

Only problem is that MW2 doesn't give you night-vision anymore, though you do get the choice of thermal.

Actually, I think there a variety of locales in the single-player that would still provide great choices for maps - such the suburban washington (which is kinda covered in Bailout but not particularly well) or the oil rig. Hopefully there will be a 3rd map pack then before Black-Ops' release.

Top Bottom