• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

SUPREME1

Banned
tarius1210 said:
It's funny, you never ever see people use LMG's. I guess because the assault rifles are so powerful.

Most used weapons:

ACR
M4
SCAR-H

Famas (to a lesser degree)
AK47 (to a lesser degree)

AUG HBAR
RPD (as of late)

Intervention
Barrett (somewhat)

Vector
P90
UMP45 (somewhat)

AA-12
M93 Raffica (only with my sniper load out)
TMP (only with my smg load outs)
Javelin (only with my lmg load out)

cdyhybrid

divisionbyzorro said:
That said: RPD + Extended Mags doesn't ever need to reload unless you have Scavenger. :lol

You can reload using OMA in half the time :D Just switch to the same RPD class instead of hitting the reload button.

Xux

tarius1210 said:
It's funny, you never ever see people use LMG's. I guess because the assault rifles are so powerful.

I use them all the time. In fact, I got my friend that spends most of the game noob-tubing to spend most of time up until he gets Danger Close every prestige using the RPD.

The RPK in the Black Ops trailer has a magazine so I guess they're leaning back towards the MGs in WaW. The RPK (as well as the L86 and the SAW if they're in) can use magazines or drums/belts so I wonder if LMGs will get the drum magazine attachment in COD7.

cdyhybrid said:
You can reload using OMA in half the time :D Just switch to the same RPD class instead of hitting the reload button.

:lol Never thought of it that way. You're right - OMA (Pro) is better than Scavenger for most LMGs. I've got to keep that in mind.

divisionbyzorro said:
:lol Never thought of it that way. You're right - OMA (Pro) is better than Scavenger for most LMGs. I've got to keep that in mind.
I can't really think of a situation where you would need so much ammo, anyway. Even the AUG gets quite a lot when compared to most other guns.

buy teh haloz said:
I can't really think of a situation where you would need so much ammo, anyway. Even the AUG gets quite a lot when compared to most other guns.

Well, I typically use Sleight of Hand or Marathon on an LMG anyway, but I hadn't considered OMA. I wonder if an OMA Pro swap is faster than a Sleight of Hand reload for certain LMGs? It'd be something to consider:

• Sleight of Hand Pro: Fast reload + fast ADS
  • OMA Pro: Fast reload + extra ammo

One minor downside is that you can't cancel the OMA swap, but you can cancel a reload with melee.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I've always used Bling on LMGs, grip + holo turns the AUG into a sniper. Plenty of ammo in the gun anyhow.

divisionbyzorro said:
Well, I typically use Sleight of Hand or Marathon on an LMG anyway, but I hadn't considered OMA. I wonder if an OMA Pro swap is faster than a Sleight of Hand reload for certain LMGs? It'd be something to consider:

One minor downside is that you can't cancel the OMA swap, but you can cancel a reload with melee.
Faster ADS is pretty useful, but I generally don't find it very hard to find time to reload. I pretty much always use Bling on LMGs.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ImperialConquest said:
Most used weapons:

ACR
M4
SCAR-H

Famas (to a lesser degree)
AK47 (to a lesser degree)

AUG HBAR
RPD (as of late)

Intervention
Barrett (somewhat)

Vector
P90
UMP45 (somewhat)

AA-12
M93 Raffica (only with my sniper load out)
TMP (only with my smg load outs)
Javelin (only with my lmg load out)

My most used are easily the SCAR and thumper. I use the SCAR 75% of the time and the Thumper 90% of the time. I use the TAR, ACR, Aug HBAR, and Stingers, from time to time.

Least used would be the entire sniper class. I still don't have a single kill with a sniper rifle.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:

Yeah, OMA Pro is faster than Sleight of Hand for the MG4, RPD, and M240 (barely).

...OMA is faster than SoH for the MG4.

divisionbyzorro said:

Pistols make pretty good OMGnotdonereloading secondary weapons.

Dresden

I'm quite unable to use LMGs or Snipers without Sleight of Hand Pro. It's not the faster reloading, but the faster ADS, that does it for me. I'm sure you can do fine without it, but it just feels so slow and clunky without it.

Xux

Strider2K99 said:
6 kill multi-kill with 1 AT4 missile in Search and Destroy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC3cgA8Y0Uo

Don't forget that OMA has been slightly nerfed with an increase in time it takes to switch to classes. At least on PS3.

I thought it just added a second each time after the first time you use it each spawn. Not like you need the bullets to last more than seven kills, lol.

aku:jiki

Strider2K99 said:
6 kill multi-kill with 1 AT4 missile in Search and Destroy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC3cgA8Y0Uo
I love how even the game itself doesn't quite follow what just happened and it takes a few seconds before the round ends. :lol :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
I need to go back to FFA and start hunting that challenge again - it's the last GWK challenge I have to do...
I got lucky, but I'm confident you can pull it off in 1-2 days of trying it. You only really need one EAD, five more crates and the right map.

Rust is in the regular FFA playlist now (used to only be in Mosh Pit), so that should be your best bet. I don't think you even need an EAD on that map - just toss a sentry from a safe spot, wait for it to land and then toss a CP on it. Has to work! :D

benita

Banned
Whats the name of the guy who does all those commentary vids and always talks about doing things "like a dumbass"?

A few of his vids have been posted in this thread.

EDIT: n/m, I figured out it was ELPRESADOR :lol

switch-it said:
X360, PS3 or PC?
PS3, but I didn't even try other modes until yesterday 'cause I thought you could only play old maps there. I tried to look for Team Tactical the first day I got the DLC pack but didn't see it :p

I tried one game of TT too, 4v4 against some clan.. they even had some teamplay going on but we still managed to win them

PetriP-TNT said:
PS3, but I didn't even try other modes until yesterday 'cause I thought you could only play old maps there. I tried to look for Team Tactical the first day I got the DLC pack but didn't see it :p

I tried one game of TT too, 4v4 against some clan.. they even had some teamplay going on but we still managed to win them

Having the same clan tag doesn't mean they're really a clan. Me and my buddies all use "cxxi" for our clan tags, but we never practice tactics together. It's just an inside joke from college that we use because, well, why the hell not? :lol

LQX

I just encountered a mod called counter terrorism on the PC. Basically one side runs around with detonators with the only way to kill the other side (which only has guns) is to blow yourself up. Makes me wonder at some of the cool crap we would have been seeing out of the mod scene as that mode was pretty fun but it wrecked my fresh prestige and brought me back to 70 with just that one match.

divisionbyzorro said:
Having the same clan tag doesn't mean they're really a clan. Me and my buddies all use "cxxi" for our clan tags, but we never practice tactics together. It's just an inside joke from college that we use because, well, why the hell not? :lol

"tbfs"
The Best Friend Squad.
We never work as a team or use mics and spend most of the time trash talking each other in party chat when available.

divisionbyzorro said:
Hey, me and my buddies are "[DCIK]" so :p... but these 4 had clearly been practicing and shit, then even had their own camping places selected and attack tactics and everything :lol

USD

I'm hooked on One Man Army. Of my 5 classes, 3 have OMA. The only reason I don't have it on the other two is a) I need Marathon for my rush/shotgun class and b) you can't use launchers with OMA.

I'm also hooked on SitRep Pro. It's nice being able to shut down the claymore game as well as locate enemies based on the claymore location. And I love the footstep detection (if only it worked on Ninja Pro users, it would be the perfect perk). I'm reluctant to prestige just because of how long it will take to upgrade SitRep again.

One odd thing is I only have Stopping Power on one class, granted I spend most of the time in that class.

jiien

divisionbyzorro said:

Haha, my friends and I either all have different tags to make people think we don't communicate and work together, or we steal tags from the other team that were being assholes to piss them off. It's all about the psychological warfare!

jiien said:
Haha, my friends and I either all have different tags to make people think we don't communicate and work together, or we steal tags from the other team that were being assholes to piss them off. It's all about the psychological warfare!

That never gets old. :lol

I actually convinced a few people to put bobs as theyre tag :)lol) - seeing the other teams reaction to that was pretty funny.

itsgreen

USD said:
I'm hooked on One Man Army. Of my 5 classes, 3 have OMA. The only reason I don't have it on the other two is a) I need Marathon for my rush/shotgun class and b) you can't use launchers with OMA.

I'm also hooked on SitRep Pro. It's nice being able to shut down the claymore game as well as locate enemies based on the claymore location. And I love the footstep detection (if only it worked on Ninja Pro users, it would be the perfect perk). I'm reluctant to prestige just because of how long it will take to upgrade SitRep again.

One odd thing is I only have Stopping Power on one class, granted I spend most of the time in that class.

yeah Sitrep pro is a bitch to get.

on the plus side, you do get extra classes if you Prestige :)

USD

itsgreen said:
yeah Sitrep pro is a bitch to get.

on the plus side, you do get extra classes if you Prestige :)
Yeah, the only reason I'm even considering prestige at all is the extra class.

aku:jiki

USD said:
Yeah, the only reason I'm even considering prestige at all is the extra class.
I want a patch that gives us 15 class slots, 10 is not enough!

Gotta have my AR class, SMG class, LMG class, sniper class, Javelin class, other launcher class, Akimbo class, Riot Shield class, Stinger class and then I'm all out of classes! Actually, what they really need to patch in is including killstreaks in classes. I don't want the same setup for akimbo run and gun as I do for sniper camping...

Montresor

I have some questions about the single player.

Major spoilers, if you care:
Why did Captain Price launch a ballistic missile with EMP towards the U.S. in the Contingency mission? How would that help the U.S.? And what was up with the EMP detonating before it even entered the atmosphere? Somehow it affected both the city underneath and the astronaut observing (who must have been hundreds of kilometers away).

Anyway, I love this game, I haven't touched the multiplayer yet, but I've been having a blast going through Modern Warfare 1 and 2 trying to get all the achievements. I got Mile High Club two days ago and am finished with MW1... but the SpecOps in MW2 are killing me. :lol

I love the single player campaigns in these two games because it seemed like they threw so many cool, innovative action sequences your way. Now, to be fair, I have not played many first-person shooters AT ALL, so I don't know how truly unique the MW experience is, but I was blown away nonetheless. Right from the beginning mission in MW1, on the frigate ship, I was awestruck the way the camera was wobbling while escaping the sinking boat. Then there's the ghilly mission, manning the AC-130 guns, the nuke scene, the aftermath, the cutscene showing the warhead path and projected casualties (at the end), and the sniper scene at the very beginning of One Shot One Kill. I just thought to myself throughout the single player: "Cool." Same thing in MW2, with the airport terrorism, the stealth mission in the blizzard, fighting on fucking United States soil, storming an oil rig and a Russian prison, etc...

nourali2 said:

Why did Captain Price launch a ballistic missile with EMP towards the U.S. in the Contingency mission? How would that help the U.S.? And what was up with the EMP detonating before it even entered the atmosphere? Somehow it affected both the city underneath and the astronaut observing (who must have been hundreds of kilometers away).

The EMP wiped out all the Russian forces still in the air. Did you miss the part right after this where it is literally raining helis?

Montresor

Thagomizer said:
The EMP wiped out all the Russian forces still in the air. Did you miss the part right after this where it is literally raining helis?

Damn, I remember that part, but I think I was seduced by the utter confusion Foley and the other troops showed. "What the hell is going on on maaaan" is all they were saying while the sky rained like it was hell. Anyway, dumb me. Thanks for the answer. ^_^

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Been playing lots of Red Dead Redemption and it still amazes me how much Infinity Ward's influence is felt. Not only did Rockstar take the leveling, xp and challenges from CoD but they also added in prestige as well!

Good move on Rockstar's part, it'll keep me playing RDR a bit more until the new MW2 map pack comes out. :D

zam

nourali2 said:

Technically it wasn't a ballistic missile with an EMP, it was a nuclear ballistic missile that detonated outside the atmosphere, that way you got the EMP from the nuke, without blowing Washington DC to smithereens. Thats why the astronaut got blown away, because of the nuke being detonated out in space so he got the full blast

i was wondering if there are any nice gaffers that could play the last 3 Spec Ops missions with me (ps3)? i want to do them today cos im trading the game tomorrow. so please msg me (astroturfing) on PSN if you have all the missions unlocked and want to help a fella out :) just regular difficulty so it's fun and not frustrating (i hope).

im on my ps3 posting this, so hit me up! i would appreciate the company, as i dont feel like playing the missions alone.

edit: no one..? i am disappoint :( guess i'll try it alone.

So I'm starting to realize why so many people hate this game. I've been watching a lot of CoD4 gameplay videos on Machinima, and I noticed that most of them involved people being pretty mobile with Assault Rifles. So I decided to copy that style while playing MW2.

Holy shit. It was an incredibly frustrating experience.

I got destroyed by everything - including more Commando bullshit in a single evening than I've experienced in the past month combined. This game really seems to want you to play either super-fast or super-flow; a deliberate, flowing pace gets punished - hard. No wonder so many people hate this game - from my outside perspective, it seems that the game actually punishes you for trying to play it like CoD4.

I usually play a pretty slow/camp style with ARs (see Wings of Redemption videos), and it seems to be the only way to do consistently well with an AR. I don't necessarily thing it's a bad thing, but it seems entirely counter to how CoD4 played - has this been other people's experience coming from CoD4?

divisionbyzorro said:
So I'm starting to realize why so many people hate this game. I've been watching a lot of CoD4 gameplay videos on Machinima, and I noticed that most of them involved people being pretty mobile with Assault Rifles. So I decided to copy that style while playing MW2.

Holy shit. It was an incredibly frustrating experience.

I got destroyed by everything - including more Commando bullshit in a single evening than I've experienced in the past month combined. This game really seems to want you to play either super-fast or super-flow; a deliberate, flowing pace gets punished - hard. No wonder so many people hate this game - from my outside perspective, it seems that the game actually punishes you for trying to play it like CoD4.

I usually play a pretty slow/camp style with ARs (see Wings of Redemption videos), and it seems to be the only way to do consistently well with an AR. I don't necessarily thing it's a bad thing, but it seems entirely counter to how CoD4 played - has this been other people's experience coming from CoD4?

YES! This is my frustration with the game, theres just too much cheese!

The map design also doesnt help, there are so many cubby holes and windows everywhere (which where probably designed to discourage camping), that you really can be shot from anywhere. =( It really is too hard to run and gun CoD 4 style.

bobs99 ... said:
YES! This is my frustration with the game, theres just too much cheese!

The map design also doesnt help, there are so many cubby holes and windows everywhere (which where probably designed to discourage camping), that you really can be shot from anywhere. =( It really is too hard to run and gun CoD 4 style.

It's funny - Halo Reach is really what put it into my head. The speed of play in that game is pretty deliberate. You move around the map and engage in skill-based gun battles. In MW2, moving around the map is pretty much suicide unless you've equipped yourself specifically to be mobile (i.e., SMG, Lightweight, Commando, shotgun, etc).

Obviously, some people are good enough to succeed at any range with any kit. But for the rest of us normal folk...

I adjusted pretty quickly when the game cameout, and I never really noticed it much until recently. While I don't think any less of MW2 for it, I'm starting to understand the hate the game receives.

Top Bottom