• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

jiien

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm going to bitch about it here - I hate the new "official thread" designation! :( Looks trashy.

And to stay on topic: the TMP has to be the single worst gun in the game. Hands down. Anyone disagree?

Agreed on both counts. I actually came in here just now to likewise complain about the |OT| thing. :)

And yeah, the TMP is shit. It is impossible to kill more than one person with it in one clip.

ZZMitch said:
I think the F200 is worse.

It has better range, and apparently the accuracy is halfway decent now. And you can at least attach a grenade launcher to it... :p

Jrmint

johnFkennedy said:
The class I'm currently leveling up has both the tmp and F2000 and yeah it's quite frustrating sometimes.
Why would you do this to yourself?

As I've said countless times in this thread, the TMP has no purpose to be used.

The PP2000 is better in every single way, and by the time you have the TMP you should have all the attachments for the PP2k on top of that giving you the extended mags.

jiien

JustHadToJoin said:
The TMP has no recoil. Literally, no recoil

If you're using it at such a distance that the lack of recoil makes it that much better than the other machine pistols, you're doing it wrong.

jiien

JustHadToJoin said:
yea but don't you feel like a bitch holding the pp? the tmp looks and feels like it is powerful, even though it really isnt :D I choose guns by looks :D

If we're going for feeling powerful, everyone should run around with an Eagle.

Anyway, my favorite machine pistol is the Raffica by far. That this is freaking broken.

I either use that one, or the USP, best pistol by far.

Mush

Is it just me or is it really hard to go back to CoD4?

(Keep in mind I'm playing from scratch on 360, but yeah, I'm finding it a challenge)

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Mush said:

(Keep in mind I'm playing from scratch on 360, but yeah, I'm finding it a challenge)

i played some COD4 a while ago. It was weird not being able to stab people from 6 metres away. :lol

kuYuri

Mush said:

As someone who played a ton of CoD4 and loved it, I find it hard to go back now. I prefer MW2 at this point because of the options it offers compared to CoD4.

Skel said:
Why would you do this to yourself?

As I've said countless times in this thread, the TMP has no purpose to be used.

The PP2000 is better in every single way, and by the time you have the TMP you should have all the attachments for the PP2k on top of that giving you the extended mags.

There's no denying that both of those guns are complete rubbish but sometimes you just have to challenge yourself ya know?

Got put into a hacked lobby today where the score was stuck at 1600-3900 and there was no killcam. Weird stuff

butts said:
TMP with extended mags is ok. Rafficka's or G18s are available though so I dont know why you would bother.

Because I like to have fun with this game and I find using underpowered weapons to be a satisfying way to humiliate the competition.

Dresden

johnFkennedy said:
Because I like to have fun with this game and I find using underpowered weapons to be a satisfying way to humiliate the competition.
I really don't care if I get killed by an F2K as opposed to a FAMAS, but to each his own.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
Those were my thoughts exactly. I think there is good discussion to be had on the subject though. Maybe I'll wait until we start hearing a little more about Black Ops and the discussion becomes a little more relevant.

Only got to wait until 6AM next Friday when the embargo on the first look event lifts.

Until then, carbonfibah, a mod at callofdutyzombies.com, was handed a briefcase with a bunch of documents related to www.gknova6.com by some dude from Treyarch at the dinner gathering after the event. So he'll be posted pics of all that which includes a bunch of censored CIA documents and a phone to contact one of the "informants" that posted parts of the puzzles on google groups.

Also, here's a pic of Josh Olin, Treyarch's Robert Bowling equivalent, with a shirt that might excite people:

http://twitpic.com/1q7bqh

Pulka

Xux said:
Only got to wait until 6AM next Friday when the embargo on the first look event lifts.

Until then, carbonfibah, a mod at callofdutyzombies.com, was handed a briefcase with a bunch of documents related to www.gknova6.com by some dude from Treyarch at the dinner gathering after the event. So he'll be posted pics of all that which includes a bunch of censored CIA documents and a phone to contact one of the "informants" that posted parts of the puzzles on google groups.

Also, here's a pic of Josh Olin, Treyarch's Robert Bowling equivalent, with a shirt that might excite people:

http://twitpic.com/1q7bqh
YES

No more magic bullets, then!

Aselith

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm going to bitch about it here - I hate the new "official thread" designation! :( Looks trashy.

And to stay on topic: the TMP has to be the single worst gun in the game. Hands down. Anyone disagree?

One of my favorite setups is Bling-Stopping Power-Steady Aim with Dual silenced UMP's and Dual Extended Mag TMP's. Tons of ammo between the two and TMP's are extremely accurate for dual wielded weapons. Try it out, it works incredibly well in Skidrow.

Pulka

divisionbyzorro said:

A single Ranger shotgun is worse.

aku:jiki

Aselith said:
One of my favorite setups is Bling-Stopping Power-Steady Aim with Dual silenced UMP's and Dual Extended Mag TMP's. Tons of ammo between the two and TMP's are extremely accurate for dual wielded weapons. Try it out, it works incredibly well in Skidrow.
I have to disagree. I go Akimbo on all close quarters maps and the TMP akimbo has less range and accuracy than anything else you can akimbo except for the G18's, and the G18's make up for that by being infinitely stronger and with the bugged out reticule (it's smaller than it should be).

The TMP really is useless. I want to like it too but it's just inferior to everything. :/

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
One thing I miss about CoD4 is frag grenades. The satisfaction of being able to perfectly throw a frag grenade and bounce it against a surface and have it land right where you want it was sooo good.

I hate how IW nerfed frags with the new physics and in turn made them useless. Semtex kills just aren't as satisfying.

Cerrius said:
I hate how IW nerfed frags with the new physics and in turn made them useless. Semtex kills just aren't as satisfying.

I'm with you there. I find it amazing that by adding physics to the frag grenades, they actually made them less useful. Oh well.

ScrubJay

I prestiged for the first time last night. Not nearly as painful as I thought it would be. In fact games went better for me in the couple hours after prestiging than the horrendous string of games I did before hand. I think I got too comfortable with my old builds and got lazy. Since my choice of guns was limited I decided to focus on close quarters combat with the SPAS, and did pretty good with it. I got some nice streaks hanging out by the metal detectors in terminal and in the B buildings in Invasion. I just miss cold blooded and stingers, being that I'm the only person who bothers shooting planes down :(

Maximus.

I havent played this game in 2 weeks, I got the stimulus package when it launched on ps3, played it for a couple days, then stopped playing. Guess I am too busy to Cod :/

jlevel13

Cerrius said:
Semtex kills just aren't as satisfying.

But I love sticking a guy with a nicely thrown semtex - probably my favorite way to kill somebody. Smack, you get 'em and there's that couple of second delay, helpless, when they know there's just nothing to be done - cracks me up every time.

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm with you there. I find it amazing that by adding physics to the frag grenades, they actually made them less useful. Oh well.
The number of times I've forgotten grenades can roll back downhill towards me since the change.

:lol .... :(

So am I the only one who doesn't necessarily want to see another perk-based multiplayer shooter for the fourth year in a row? I'm speaking of Black Ops, of course. I certainly want to see create-a-class return in some form, but I feel like the two-weapons-three-perks formula is getting a little tired. I'm really hoping that Treyarch steps out on a limb and tries to do something different this time around - maybe something kind of like what MAG did? Not in terms of permanently improving your damage/health, but how they handle creating your custom class?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJnRf3xoXM#t=6m20s

Accidentus

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
So am I the only one who doesn't necessarily want to see another perk-based multiplayer shooter for the fourth year in a row?
But Halo Reach is coming out in the fall

:lol

I agree though. How can Treyarch take themselves seriously when they just jack everything innovative from IW.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
So am I the only one who doesn't necessarily want to see another perk-based multiplayer shooter for the fourth year in a row? I'm speaking of Black Ops, of course. I certainly want to see create-a-class return in some form, but I feel like the two-weapons-three-perks formula is getting a little tired. I'm really hoping that Treyarch steps out on a limb and tries to do something different this time around - maybe something kind of like what MAG did? Not in terms of permanently improving your damage/health, but how they handle creating your custom class?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJnRf3xoXM#t=6m20s

I don't really care how different it is. Just as long as its good. I'd be fine with just more options.

ha1f

FINALLY unlocked the F2000 on this prestige. I honestly just feel like this game is a grind until I unlock that gun, then it becomes fun again.

zam

ha1f said:
FINALLY unlocked the F2000 on this prestige. I honestly just feel like this game is a grind until I unlock that gun, then it becomes fun again.
Really? The F2000 is by far the worst assault rifle in the game

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
elpresador says he's been hired by machinima. interesting. :lol

hope he doesn't have to tone down his commentary.

Geoff9920

I realize the answer is most likely no since this is activision and all, but has there been any word on if there will be a bundle for both map packs after the second one has been released?

bobs99 said:
Video for the new map pack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhKP-...layer_embedded

I think Robert Bowling loves aspects of the game which I hate, his best moment on carnival involved pretty much camping.
I don't think it was the fact that he was camping that he loved, but more that "Dude, I can't believe that just ****ing worked?!"

bobs99 ... said:
Video for the new map pack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhKP-LAhqM8&feature=player_embedded

I think Robert Bowling loves aspects of the game which I hate, his best moment on carnival involved pretty much camping.

In no way is that camping.

People have to realise that running out into the open and letting yourself be shot in all directions isn't the 'right' way to play.

Camping is sitting a one corner of a room waiting for people to pass by. His positioning was just smart and a great choke point. There's a difference.

Maps looks great BTW. Trailer Park isn't doing that much for me but I said the same about Salvage and that ended up being the best out of the Stimulus Pack. Carnival looks pretty creative.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
_Alkaline_ said:

People have to realise that running out into the open and letting yourself be shot in all directions isn't the 'right' way to play.

Camping is sitting a one corner of a room waiting for people to pass by. His positioning was just smart and a great choke point. There's a difference.

I just got some more hate mail for being a camper. I was all over Bailout tearing people up. I went 22-1.

For the game winning kill I ducked behind a corner and waited for these two guys to come to me because we had a UAV up. Just as they were getting to me I popped out and lit them up to end the game.

But all that guy see's is the last 5 seconds. If he'd have seen the last 20 seconds he'd have seen me climb a ladder, knife two people in the back, run down some stairs, turn shoot a guy coming through the front door, and then duck into the corner to reload and catch my breath.

All I said in my reply was "22-1". He sent a few more after that but I didn't even bother reading them.

I had a ridiculously fun session last night. I decided to work on getting some weapon attachments (since I'm sticking at 3rd, I want all the attachments!). So I built the following class:

MP5K + Silencer
Magnum/Desert Eagle/AA-12
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Last Stand

My goal was to get akimbo on the Magnum, then switch to the Desert Eagle and get akimbo, then switch to AA-12 for extended mags. I still haven't quite finished with the AA-12 for extended mags yet, but I'm close!

And it's amazing how much better the Magnum is than the Deagle! We discussed how the TMP was the worst gun in the game a little while back - the Deagle has to be the second worst.

divisionbyzorro said:
And it's amazing how much better the Magnum is than the Deagle! We discussed how the TMP was the worst gun in the game a little while back - the Deagle has to be the second worst.
It's a pity when you consider how beastly the Deagle was in COD4.

_Alkaline_ said:

Maps looks great BTW. Trailer Park isn't doing that much for me but I said the same about Salvage and that ended up being the best out of the Stimulus Pack. Carnival looks pretty creative.

Its not technically camping, but its about as close to camping as you can get, I wouldnt have even minded if he was exposed in any way, but he got pleasure from the fact that he couldnt be shot. I wouldnt consider holding a rooftop on Favela camping as you have to be good to hold that position, and your pretty exposed, but hiding behind a cardboard picture is just a bit shitty.

So yeah, smart positioning is fine, but theres a large overlap in playing smart and then just slowing the game down, ive played games where everyone has 'been smart' and it sucked because it was the most uneventful game ever.

Running and gunning or camping arent the only 2 ways to play the game. I have had some pretty easy nukes from camping, but my more satisfying nukes have come in the games where I activly flanked and hunted down the enemy, and its a video game, there are no right or wrong ways to have fun. Some people just have fun by camping some have fun by being more active, that doesnt mean the campers dont annoy me.

USD

divisionbyzorro said:
I had a ridiculously fun session last night. I decided to work on getting some weapon attachments (since I'm sticking at 3rd, I want all the attachments!). So I built the following class:

MP5K + Silencer
Magnum/Desert Eagle/AA-12
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Last Stand

My goal was to get akimbo on the Magnum, then switch to the Desert Eagle and get akimbo, then switch to AA-12 for extended mags. I still haven't quite finished with the AA-12 for extended mags yet, but I'm close!

I really don't understand why they gave the Deagle so much recoil. I guess they thought the Deagle was too beast, so they made the Magnum the new Deagle, with a longer reload.

USD said:
I really don't understand why they gave the Deagle so much recoil. I guess they thought the Deagle was too beast, so they made the Magnum the new Deagle, with a longer reload.

Akimbo Deagles are moderately effective, with stopping power and steady aim, but that's about it. But of course, Akimbo Magnums are way better. If you're crouching and staying still, you can snipe people from across the rooftops on Favela with Akimbo Magnums. :lol

bobs99 ... said:
Its not technically camping, but its about as close to camping as you can get, I wouldnt have even minded if he was exposed in any way, but he got pleasure from the fact that he couldnt be shot. I wouldnt consider holding a rooftop on Favela camping as you have to be good to hold that position, and your pretty exposed, but hiding behind a cardboard picture is just a bit shitty.

You act like he was standing behind freaking bulletproof glass! His head was exposed, and even without FMJ I bet you could spray right through that damn clown. He just found it amusing that he had basically found natural camouflage, not that he was invincible.

why haven't they disabled grenade launchers at the start of rounds yet? jesus christ it's annoying. another idea that they ignored from waw

Neverender said:
why haven't they disabled grenade launchers at the start of rounds yet? jesus christ it's annoying. another idea that they ignored from waw

It pisses me off in S&D to no end. I can't believe that they were so stupid as to ignore that simple fix that makes the game thousands of times better.

Top Bottom