• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
How about 2v2v2v2 TDM? With buddy-spawning? That could be serious tactical fun!

I loved multiteam in Halo 2.

divisionbyzorro said:
Eh; more doesn't hurt, and I rarely see HBS in games anymore unless it's S&D (and if you're not using Ninja Pro in S&D you're an idiot anyway).

I don't think rarity should really matter; cheap is cheap.

I was thinking it might be cool if you start at level zero with every gun, equipment, and perk unlocked but then you have the option of prestiging whenever and it takes it all away and lets you pick the order that you unlock guns and perks and everything but lets you unlock challenges and camos and callsigns and whatnot.

The other day when I was playing this on my 360, I saw some gamer tags with XBOX 360 buttons on them instead of names. And they spelled some stuff that I don't think I'm allowed to mention here.

Anyway, it alarmed me, so I got out immediately.

These are hackers, right?

aku:jiki

Man, I'm running out of challenges to complete! Whatever happened to those new titles they talked about? I need new stuff to do besides getting headshots!

BigNastyCurve said:
I really don't get the bitching about painkiller. That means the dude has already been shot to shit what ... 3 or 4 times before? Also, painkiller's only 10 seconds and odds are he's spawning across the map anyway.
We're talking about those times when he spawns right around the corner, and it's not my fault that he got killed 4 times in a row - I shouldn't be punished for it.

_Alkaline_ said:
- Give snipers more of a go. There are currently really only two maps that encourage sniping - Wasteland and Estate. The first because of the wide open space, the other because of camo. Oh, and maybe Derail, but I refuse to acknowledge such a pitifull map.
Highrise, Storm, Bailout, Afghan and Overgrown are great for sniping. Derail is pretty crap for sniping actually.

Speaking of, I opened two matches on Highrise nicely today - first I spawn-sniped a Predator in like 30 seconds, next time I got a collateral in the spawn snipe and then I head outside and scored another quick collateral right after. :D

Xux

aku:jiki said:
We're talking about those times when he spawns right around the corner, and it's not my fault that he got killed 4 times in a row - I shouldn't be punished for it.

He's obviously a dead-weight and a detriment to his team; they shouldn't be punished for it.

I dunno if I'm excited for Black Ops enough to stay awake the three and a half hours until the NDA ends.

Bought CoD4 yesterday and it was kinda refreshing playing it again. I'd have to say my least favorite thing in the series would have to be martyrdom in COD4. Got my KDR up .4 from, like, five matches. Taken a liking to the AK-74u; it's the AR-like SMG done right. I guess.

Played some COD5, too. MP40 really does outnumber everything else 2-1 and probably more. I still did pretty decent with my Tommy Gun, though. Love the sound in that game.

E-phonk

Banned
Question:
I really enjoyed playing the Special Ops missions with my friends. Is there another PS3 game that has something kind of similar? With small co-op missions?

I'd pay for DLC that added more missions.

zam

Has the double-XP weekend started yet?

Edit: Oh, I see from 402's twitter it's starting sometime around 10-11 pacific time, so should be about 5 more hours

Been playing with the Model 1887 (single) lately, and man, if only they would un-nerf it... I love the feel and sound of it but it's just so useless now! It just misses when it makes no sense, and where no other shotgun in the game would miss... Like I ran into a guy on Afghan, he was unprepared so I had time to ADS and put his chest dead center in the iron sight, from about 5 feet away, and he lived to commando me. WTF is that? :(

Xux said:
He's obviously a dead-weight and a detriment to his team; they shouldn't be punished for it.
I really have no idea what your point is here?

butts

I understand that they want to give people a helping hand by giving them deathstreaks, but what about the person they kill while using them? How is that fair to them?

zam

butts said:
I understand that they want to give people a helping hand by giving them deathstreaks, but what about the person they kill while using them? How is that fair to them?
I wish they would've done away with all types of death streaks and last stand (which is basically a permanent death streak). Martyrdom and Last Stand was annoying and cheap as fuck in cod4 and death streaks are still annoying and cheap as fuck in mw2.

Ok, copy-cat gets a pass because it doesn't give you a free "fuck you kill".

USD

zam said:
I wish they would've done away with all types of death streaks and last stand (which is basically a permanent death streak). Martyrdom and Last Stand was annoying and cheap as fuck in cod4 and death streaks are still annoying and cheap as fuck in mw2.

Ok, copy-cat gets a pass because it doesn't give you a free "fuck you kill".
Last Stand was and still is easy to deal with. All I did in COD4 was memorize who had it and remembered to keep shooting them after I dropped them. Final Stand is a bit trickier, since you never really know when it pops up, but I still don't see it as much of an issue.

Kingbrave

Double XP weekend...woot! Time to start my next prestige. Also, will there be another double xp with the release of the map pack next week?

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
The other day when I was playing this on my 360, I saw some gamer tags with XBOX 360 buttons on them instead of names. And they spelled some stuff that I don't think I'm allowed to mention here.

Anyway, it alarmed me, so I got out immediately.

These are hackers, right?
Yeah, they're definitely hackers.

I wouldnt mind painkiller so much if it was the same health that Juggernaut gave you in the previous games. Painkiller seems like it gives you SO MUCH more health, it shouldnt take 3-4 shotgun blasts at close range to take somebody out.

divisionbyzorro said:
How about 2v2v2v2 TDM? With buddy-spawning? That could be serious tactical fun!

Looking back on what I said yeah it would be stupid in the whole of the shitty players out there. I was just imagining a cool setup where it was just 2 on 2, two friends coordinating against two others. Sometimes to get away from the main MP, me and my buds will do a 2v2 in private and its usually a lot of fun. But yeah I see what you mean. :)

But yeah the noobtube idea would be good, its just I'm so tired of battles devolving into noobtube matches. Terminal is a great map, but 9/10 it just turns into a fucking noobtube fest. I honestly would have no problem if they just got rid of the noobtubes altogether, but I'm sure a lot of honest players out there like to use them and not abuse them.

Kujo

Just got put into a Groundwar game where someone had activated a nuke but it was counting down from ~1500 minutes and every care package was a nuke, and everytime you shot someone it boosted them 100 metres in the air, wtf

Miggytronz

Mojo said:
Just got put into a Groundwar game where someone had activated a nuke but it was counting down from ~1500 minutes and every care package was a nuke, and everytime you shot someone it boosted them 100 metres in the air, wtf

guy with a jtagged unit was host and fucked with the game.

zam

From 402's twitter:
Double XP for Modern Warfare 2 is now active for ALL platforms, worldwide! It'll stay active all weekend long and all-day Monday as well!

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
Should be all platforms.
Damn! Going to have to hop online this weekend for this. I thought it was going to be 360 only but since PS3's in the mix too, I'll bite.

At 50 something third prestige, want to get to the fifth prestige and stop there. This double xp will really help with that.

Enosh

got facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/pages/Call-Of-Duty-Endowment/199346440490

press like to help some US veterants, even if you aren't from the us...
unless you realy hate veterans for some reason :D

edit:
oh ffs the headshot master thingy goes to 500? -.-
I barely made 250...

for the love of god please tell me it doesn't go to 1000, I have a bad feeling given that i am atm at II and it's usualy III...

Hyunkel6

Started playing seriously again for the awesome double experience. I have been stagnating in the 50s for almost 2 months now :lol. Maybe I'll prestige a 2nd time, and use the next weekend to bounce back to at least lvl 48 for the ACR.

Montresor

Man, fuck Snatch N Grab. My brother and I are going for 1000 in MW2... and Snatch N Grab is being a stubborn jerk. =( Still a long way from completing SpecOps though. I believe the big hurdle will be Wetwork, after we complete Snatch N Grab, but beyond those two the remaining Delta/Echo ops look doable.

Mush

nourali2 said:
Man, fuck Snatch N Grab. My brother and I are going for 1000 in MW2... and Snatch N Grab is being a stubborn jerk. =( Still a long way from completing SpecOps though. I believe the big hurdle will be Wetwork, after we complete Snatch N Grab, but beyond those two the remaining Delta/Echo ops look doable.
Oh boy... Wetwork is not even on the same level as SnG. It needs it's own individual tier.

FUCK YOU JUGGERNAUT(S) THAT SPAWN BEHIND AFTER YOU DROP INTO THE VALLEY.

FUCK YOU.

Enosh said:
got facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/pages/Call-Of-Duty-Endowment/199346440490

press like to help some US veterants, even if you aren't from the us...
unless you realy hate veterans for some reason :D

edit:
oh ffs the headshot master thingy goes to 500? -.-
I barely made 250...

for the love of god please tell me it doesn't go to 1000, I have a bad feeling given that i am atm at II and it's usualy III...

Xux

Finally played this for reals for the first time in forevers. Also played the other two COD games I own.

Xuxly Versus the Frag Rain

Countdown is probably the worst map in the entire series. The game I played on Vacant makes me pretty excited for that map; haven't played on Strike. Frag x3 and Martyrdom along with the power of Frag Grenades makes me wish I was getting Commandoed. Still, the different guns and maps are pretty cool. AK-74u and G3 are my current favorites. Be cool if they slapped together some new textures and threw these guns in MW2--even if a lot of them have similar stats to the ones in that game.

Xuxly Versus the MP40 Circle Jerk

I seem to be pretty good at this game now adjusting for the fact that I'm not using the MP40 and also taking into consideration the fact that I'm coming out on top in TDM pretty often. Been using semi-autos after I was diggin' on the G3 and liking them plenty. Almost wanna get the PC version 'cause they nerfed the MP40 on it but I guess I can deal with it. Also, the sound in this game is really good.

Xuxly Versus...

Probably kinda cliche but nothing really annoyed me this session of COD6. Got shot by AA-12s and heads peaking up over crates but not enough that I was too pissed off. Estate and Scrapyard are still pretty annoying though they're still way better than Countdown; my opinion of Bailout has gone from excited to indifferent. Still don't feel like I've played enough of the new maps to be sick of them, though I don't really wanna seek them out or have to run the risk of being put into a lobby that isn't for a legitimate game mode like TDM, Domination, or Demolition. Double XP is cool and all but it doesn't really dent the mid sixties. :/

Xuxly and his Trusty RPK

BO sounds pretty cool. Twice the MP team as WaW, leave with party, dedicated servers, party chat, online statistics and apparent social network stuff, more co-op modes. And they're still teasing the proper MP mode details beyond "more customization" and stuff. Just hope the shitty nuances of the last three games don't burn me out.

Xux said:
Finally played this for reals for the first time in forevers. Also played the other two COD games I own.

Xuxly Versus the Frag Rain

Countdown is probably the worst map in the entire series. The game I played on Vacant makes me pretty excited for that map; haven't played on Strike. Frag x3 and Martyrdom along with the power of Frag Grenades makes me wish I was getting Commandoed. Still, the different guns and maps are pretty cool. AK-74u and G3 are my current favorites. Be cool if they slapped together some new textures and threw these guns in MW2--even if a lot of them have similar stats to the ones in that game.

Xuxly Versus the MP40 Circle Jerk

I seem to be pretty good at this game now adjusting for the fact that I'm not using the MP40 and also taking into consideration the fact that I'm coming out on top in TDM pretty often. Been using semi-autos after I was diggin' on the G3 and liking them plenty. Almost wanna get the PC version 'cause they nerfed the MP40 on it but I guess I can deal with it. Also, the sound in this game is really good.

Xuxly Versus...

Probably kinda cliche but nothing really annoyed me this session of COD6. Got shot by AA-12s and heads peaking up over crates but not enough that I was too pissed off. Estate and Scrapyard are still pretty annoying though they're still way better than Countdown; my opinion of Bailout has gone from excited to indifferent. Still don't feel like I've played enough of the new maps to be sick of them, though I don't really wanna seek them out or have to run the risk of being put into a lobby that isn't for a legitimate game mode like TDM, Domination, or Demolition. Double XP is cool and all but it doesn't really dent the mid sixties. :/

Xuxly and his Trusty RPK

BO sounds pretty cool. Twice the MP team as WaW, leave with party, dedicated servers, party chat, online statistics and apparent social network stuff, more co-op modes. And they're still teasing the proper MP mode details beyond "more customization" and stuff. Just hope the shitty nuances of the last three games don't burn me out.

I bolded my pet peeves, when MW2 went through the double shotty phrase I was almost ready to return the game, thank god IW patched it, however its still annoying having a guy run into a building and just spam the place up with shotgun pellets. Shotties should be a primary weapon.

Black Ops has to be REALLY innovative to drag me in considering theres a Halo and a MoH game coming out, ive been playing a CoD 4 clone for the last 3/ 4 years and im not willing to throw down another chunk of money on it.

snack said:
Time to get back into this game. Double XP is always win.

Is it Dexp for non map pack people aswell? Or is it Dexp for PS3 players only?

Xux

bobs99 ... said:
I bolded my pet peeves, when MW2 went through the double shotty phrase I was almost ready to return the game, thank god IW patched it, however its still annoying having a guy run into a building and just spam the place up with shotgun pellets. Shotties should be a primary weapon.

Probably not what you meant but I don't think shotguns being primary would really solve that. The second a shotgun primary person kills their first person they're pretty much on the level as MW2 shotguns when they swap out their pistol. I agree that the niche that shotguns fill should make them primary weapons and I think machine pistols would be fine secondary weapons if they were shitty SMGs instead of arguably marginally worse SMGs.

bobs99 ... said:
Black Ops has to be REALLY innovative to drag me in considering theres a Halo and a MoH game coming out, ive been playing a CoD 4 clone for the last 3/ 4 years and im not willing to throw down another chunk of money on it.

Being on PS3 means I can't really hold out for Halo (even though I secretly love the series) and I've never played a MoH game. I enjoy CoD to the point that more of same with little tweaks such as dumping the shit that annoys me would be satisfying but I somehow feel that Treyarch seems enthusiastic enough and has enough resources to make something that'll be pretty good.

bobs99 ... said:
Is it Dexp for non map pack people aswell? Or is it Dexp for PS3 players only?

It's for everyone. Next weekend is 360 only for the map pack.

Magik

bobs99 ... said:

I think I'm in the same boat as well. If Black Ops, at its core, is still essentially CoD4 with extras from WaW and MW2, I don't think I'll be that interested in the game. Don't get me wrong, I'll still give it a chance, but like you said, with Halo: Reach and MoH coming out, I'm more interested to see how those games turn out than Black Ops.

Xux said:
Probably not what you meant but I don't think shotguns being primary would really solve that. The second a shotgun primary person kills their first person they're pretty much on the level as MW2 shotguns when they swap out their pistol. I agree that the niche that shotguns fill should make them primary weapons and I think machine pistols would be fine secondary weapons if they were shitty SMGs instead of arguably marginally worse SMGs.

Being on PS3 means I can't really hold out for Halo (even though I secretly love the series) and I've never played a MoH game. I enjoy CoD to the point that more of same with little tweaks such as dumping the shit that annoys me would be satisfying but I somehow feel that Treyarch seems enthusiastic enough and has enough resources to make something that'll be pretty good.

It's for everyone. Next weekend is 360 only for the map pack.

Yeah im not sure putting shotties as primary would make them less effective, but it may make them less prevailant. A lot of people use Shotties as primaries at the moment and I guess they would stay the same but all the people who use them as secondaries would have a hard choice to make and would probably want to keep theyre longer range gun as primary.

Gaogaogao

Lionheart1827 said:
And Treyarch BETTER make it so that people with map packs can play with people without them without kicking them out when a DLC map pops up.

5486161180d31189c30e023e854548366d524d1.gif

join the winning team.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Thought so.

Hope these guys can't steal my personal info.
Dude... :lol

They're little kids who run applications actual hackers made so they can cheat. They don't have any actual hacking skills.

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah im not sure putting shotties as primary would make them less effective, but it may make them less prevailant. A lot of people use Shotties as primaries at the moment and I guess they would stay the same but all the people who use them as secondaries would have a hard choice to make and would probably want to keep theyre longer range gun as primary.
If shotguns were primary, people would start talking about returning the game because of the SPAS.

Top Bottom