• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

ZZMitch

Gaogaogao said:
5486161180d31189c30e023e854548366d524d1.gif

join the winning team.

His face is so smug, he perfectly represents the PC master race.

rezuth

nourali2 said:
Man, fuck Snatch N Grab. My brother and I are going for 1000 in MW2... and Snatch N Grab is being a stubborn jerk. =( Still a long way from completing SpecOps though. I believe the big hurdle will be Wetwork, after we complete Snatch N Grab, but beyond those two the remaining Delta/Echo ops look doable.
Wetwork is easy, the one that was the hardest was High Explosives

aku:jiki

One of the things I love about this game, and online gaming in general, is getting hate mail... Who doesn't?

I just had a dude instantly bomb me with 3 messages because I sniped him when he was trying to pull off some really filthy spawn camping (he was sitting on that window-cleaner lift outside A spawn on Highrise, waiting with an RPG), complaining about how I'm shit because I had to "hardscope," etc. In the next match, he missed me with a SPAS from like a foot away and needless to say that earned him some taunting messages from me.

Then he started going on about how his brother works for IW and I will be "banned from Xbox," to which I just asked why the fuck a third party software developer would have access to and control of Microsoft's paid subscriber database...no response. :lol

One thing that I hope gets brought over is the winning killcam. Sometimes you can get some really awesome winning kills and its nice hearing everyone crack up. :lol

EDIT-Cool stuff for the PC guys getting the dedicated servers in black ops. It doesnt matter to me though since I only really play on consoles now. All of my buddies and family members have 360s so the dedicated servers werent an issue with me.

I'm finally starting to get competent with sniping in this game. I guess the third time's the charm? I still rarely go better than even on my K/D, but I rarely do any worse, either. And occasionally I have moments of brilliance where I go 28-6, like I just did right before finishing my session tonight.

My current sniper setup looks like this:

Barret + FMJ (not like I'll ever actually complete the challenge, but why not - none of the other attachment are useful except for Thermal).
Magnum + Akimbo (I need a fast swap to my secondary, so the magnums are an obvious choice).
Claymore
Stun Grenade (again, I need a fast reaction time - flash grenades take too long to come out)
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

UAV -> Counter UAV -> Harriers (working hard on the 1000 UAVs challenge - plus I'd be fooling myself to pick anything higher than that).

It can actually be kinda fun, but only when my internet connection. There is nothing more infuriating than missing sniper shots due to lag.

Lionheart1827 said:
One thing that I hope gets brought over is the winning killcam. Sometimes you can get some really awesome winning kills and its nice hearing everyone crack up. :lol

I totally agree. I also really, really, really hope there's some sort of theater/playback mode in the near future too. I've been so spoiled by my time with Halo Reach - the theater is soooooo freaking awesome.

divisionbyzorro said:
Barret + FMJ (not like I'll ever actually complete the challenge, but why not - none of the other attachment are useful except for Thermal).
It's actually pretty easy to unlock extended mags with a sniper rifle. Just position yourself in front of a glass screen and kill people through it. It helps if you play a hardcore mode, too.

Lionheart1827 said:

I wish they'd do something like Theater mode in Halo.

IW made the excuse that the demand wasn't there sand it was low priority but you only have to look at the amount of MW2 gameplay on Youtube and how popular the feature is in Halo to see the opposite is true. How easy would it be to do a theater mode for COD?

As for the winning killcam im sure Treyarch will bring it over but hopefully they remove the slo-mo as that can take away from the actual skill of a killl in real-time.

Spinning Plates said:
I wish they'd do something like Theater mode in Halo.

IW made the excuse that the demand wasn't there sand it was low priority but you only have to look at the amount of MW2 gameplay on Youtube and how popular the feature is in Halo to see the opposite is true. How easy would it be to do a theater mode for COD?

As for the winning killcam im sure Treyarch will bring it over but hopefully they remove the slo-mo as that can take away from the actual skill of a killl in real-time.

Yeah I agree, the slow motion effect gets old. I'd rather it just be normal speed. And yes to a theater mode. :D

EDIT-Ugh, I am getting so sick of noobtubes. 9/10 games you got 2 people spamming them like crazy. Ruins the fun so much.

cdyhybrid said:
After going back to the Barrett for a prestige I am thoroughly convinced that Intervention is superior. #9 here I come...
Between the two, or between all sniper rifles? Either way, the Intervention loses like crazy. The M21 EBR is by far the best sniper rifle to me. It may be weak, but the steadiness and the fast semi-automatic bullets make up for it. The Intervention is powerful, but the sway on it puts me off completely. Not to mention it's very recognizable and makes you easy to find on a map if you're unsilenced.

To continue what I said last, here are the last few messages I've gotten (with all the 10th prestige lobby advertising deleted), all based on MW2. :lol

30408_1470705369255_1282239271_1312499_7371388_n.jpg

My favorite is the one from CardinalsMool. Not just the beautiful phrasing, but that the man had the gall to feel like he had a right to be offended when he was camping and noobtubing like his life depended on it. :lol

Amerowolf said:
The M21 EBR is by far the best sniper rifle to me.
That's just crazy talk.

Amerowolf said:
Not to mention it's very recognizable and makes you easy to find on a map if you're unsilenced.
That's true for all sniper rifles. All of them are loud.

Sealda

Banned
Really horrible, after a break i bought the DLC and now my kdr have sank from 2.59 to 2.36. Probably because i always use the Intervention with ACOG...But i really like its point and kill ability.

I've never cared about boosting before because I don't play FFA, however this weekend I've ran in to an infuriating trend. I always play Hardcore Search and Destroy, which is usually the best game type bar none (you seem to get a lot less retards, and I like hardcore because people aren't sponges for bullets) but in nearly every game I've found since Double XP has started there have been players on both teams who are boosting.

The tactic they use it to both have a shield with OMA, with one switching to an RPD, and firing at their teamate nonestop. Presumably, due to the friendly fire, this gets them bonus points for absorbing so many bullets? That's the only explanation I can think of, anyway. If they did this in a Team Deathmatch I wouldn't give a fuck, but in a game mode where 1/3 of your team is staying at spawn and not helping towards the objective at all it's infuriating.

I've stopped a few by running inbetween them (which with ricochet kills them as the bullets hit me :lol ) but most are smart enough to go tight together to prevent anyone going in between them.

I don't care if they want to boost their rank in a lame way, I just want them to fuck back off to FFA, or Hardcore Team Deathmatch. Leave my S+D alone. :'(

Pulka

aku:jiki said:
To continue what I said last, here are the last few messages I've gotten (with all the 10th prestige lobby advertising deleted), all based on MW2. :lol

30408_1470705369255_1282239271_1312499_7371388_n.jpg

My favorite is the one from CardinalsMool. Not just the beautiful phrasing, but that the man had the gall to feel like he had a right to be offended when he was camping and noobtubing like his life depended on it. :lol
Jag heter HOMO? (My name is HOMO)
What was the full message?

Pulka said:
Jag heter HOMO? (My name is HOMO)
What was the full message?
It's "Jag heter HOMO Peter" and that's it. I have no idea what it's supposed to mean, I just know it's hate mail because he was a camper and I kept ruining his shit. :D

(The guy was finnish, by the way. Maybe it's some finn joke about swedes.)

Fucking noob tubes. Finding it more difficult to "grind" right now, maybe when the new maps hit, something new. Stuck in the 50's same as last time (prestige 4).

yoopoo

Banned
So how are the maps picked in the playlists? They don 't seem random..Bailout and Overgrown come up all the time, Rust rarely shows up.

ScrubJay

I've finally broken even on my KDR. It doesn't mean much considering I play objective games, but still knowing you're mediocre gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

ScrubJay said:
I've finally broken even on my KDR. It doesn't mean much considering I play objective games, but still knowing you're mediocre gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

I've been hanging out between 1.35 and 1.4 for a while now. The KDR was rising until I started going for the 1000 UAVs challenge, and starting screwing around with classes more. I'm sure I could get it higher if I exclusively played FFA (but I get bored with that pretty quickly) or if I played with a party of people who were good at the game (I'm the only one in my regular gaming crowd with a positive KDR :lol). But you're right: KDR is mostly meaningless; as long as it's above 1.0 you're okay in my book.

kuYuri

yoopoo said:
So how are the maps picked in the playlists? They don 't seem random..Bailout and Overgrown come up all the time, Rust rarely shows up.

If I remember right, I believe IW has stated in the past they can heavily weigh certain maps to show up in playlists. I'm guessing the reason Bailout and Overgrown show up so much is because they are new maps for the game and likely people want to play them more often. As for Rust, it's a small map and is not conducive to 6v6 matches, but more 4v4 Team Tactical games.

Mikey Jr.

Jesus Christ, when is IW going to get off their smelly asses and create a barebones playlist?

They have time to make fucking maps and create stimulas playslists, but not a barebones one? Probably scared because people will find out that all the horse shit they put in the game makes it terrible.
Treyarch, please listen.

LESS.IS.MORE

Mikey Jr. said:
Jesus Christ, when is IW going to get off their smelly asses and create a barebones playlist?

They have time to make fucking maps and create stimulas playslists, but not a barebones one? Probably scared because people will find out that all the horse shit they put in the game makes it terrible.
Treyarch, please listen.

LESS.IS.MORE
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
I've been hanging out between 1.35 and 1.4 for a while now. The KDR was rising until I started going for the 1000 UAVs challenge, and starting screwing around with classes more. I'm sure I could get it higher if I exclusively played FFA (but I get bored with that pretty quickly) or if I played with a party of people who were good at the game (I'm the only one in my regular gaming crowd with a positive KDR :lol). But you're right: KDR is mostly meaningless; as long as it's above 1.0 you're okay in my book.

Sure dude is glad you approve of his K/D ratio. By the way, it's not that big of a deal.

Pulka

The SPAS is so awesome. Nothing can stop it, not even painkiller. :D
I played some games with it yesterday in regular TDM, never got less than 20 kills!

Pulka said:
The SPAS is so awesome. Nothing can stop it, not even painkiller. :D
I played some games with it yesterday in regular TDM, never got less than 20 kills!

I cleared a single room of 5 people tonight with my SPAS. It was glorious. :D

Had a 97-20-something game today... Exact same deal as my 100+ game: Terminal, akimbo SMG's (MP5 this time though), G18 and running around like a madman. Once again I had 5-7-9 equipped, unfortunately, with the 9 being Stealth Bomber... I need to equip 7-9-11 for a while and see how high I can reach then. :D

Sub_Level said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBbM95Lx4Zs&playnext_from=TL&videos=wFU810fLM6k&feature=sub

Nice little montage came up in my subscription box today. Nothing super amazing, but fun to watch :D
Nice! I was about to dismiss it at first but it's got some really nice streaks. I love the ones that start out slow with just 1 or 2 kills and then all of a sudden there's a quad spray and you're like :lol. Nicely edited in that way. :D

They should've just let double xp run all week into the next weekend.

off topic- can somebody tell me why a bunch of people have Flags next to their tags? and how do you get them?

wud

Neo Member
Lionheart1827 said:
They should've just let double xp run all week into the next weekend.

off topic- can somebody tell me why a bunch of people have Flags next to their tags? and how do you get them?

world cup, if you have to ask where to get one you won't get one

2 days til im home from uni, MW2 allllllllll summer. can't wait

wud said:
world cup, if you have to ask where to get one you won't get one

2 days til im home from uni, MW2 allllllllll summer. can't wait

That's what I figured. Just curious.

Has there been any talk about any new MW2 updates/balancing patches coming any time soon?

Not got as far this Double XP weekend as I would've liked. Gone from 62 to a new Prestige. Although saying that it is about, what, 500,000XP give or take for that much? :lol That is a lot, actually, now that I think about it. Probably enough to do the first 30/40 ranks...

Anyway, it will be interesting to start as level 1 next weekend and see how far I get :)

Lionheart1827 said:
Has there been any talk about any new MW2 updates/balancing patches coming any time soon?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Actually, we should get the OMA patch (switch time increases by one-second with each switch within the same life) when the map pack hits.

divisionbyzorro said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Actually, we should get the OMA patch (switch time increases by one-second with each switch within the same life) when the map pack hits.

Oh really? I was hoping theyd tweak that more.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Not got as far this Double XP weekend as I would've liked. Gone from 62 to a new Prestige. Although saying that it is about, what, 500,000XP give or take for that much? :lol That is a lot, actually, now that I think about it. Probably enough to do the first 30/40 ranks...

Anyway, it will be interesting to start as level 1 next weekend and see how far I get :)

May your teammates carry stingers friend. :lol

I always enjoy the start of a new Prestige. I get my SCAR quickly and once I have that I adapt to not having other equipment :)

It feels... I don't know. Minimalistic. A nice change in pace from the later ranks where there's so much to choose from, as cool as that is.

zam

Just played what I think is the first game ever in MW2 where the other team didn't camp, tac knife, noob tube or do any other cheap shit AND were nice in the lobby afterward, even though they lost. Makes me kinda sad that it'll probably be a long time before we come across opponents like that again.

Top Bottom