• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

snap0212

sazabirules said:
Is there any valid reasoning for delaying it?
halo_and_xbox_money.jpg

DRE Fei

Anerythristic said:
I am in love with Sleight of Hand Pro!

I am convinced that the quick snap to firing/aiming position animation is much faster.

I am also convinced it wins one on one battles for me.
SOH pro is awesome and I have it on every class. The number of gunfights I win based on this perk is huge. I used to be a big fan of scavenger and one man army, but now I just pick up other people's weapons. I think the main reason I switched over completely to SOH is when I started sniping more in this game. I just need everything I do to be fast or it just doesn't feel right.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
aku:jiki said:
The same problem occurs with Scavenger! Not only do the bags disappear if a teammate walks over them (even if he doesn't have Scav), they will sometimes just disappear for no reason. Something I'm not a fan of when I'm camping and want new Javelins. :(

Yeah I hate it when you kill someone and the asshole doesn't leave you a present.

Nizz

Anerythristic said:
I am in love with Sleight of Hand Pro!

I am convinced that the quick snap to firing/aiming position animation is much faster.

I am also convinced it wins one on one battles for me.
Yep, this perk is a must imo with my sniper loadouts. When I prestige and have to start out with regular SOH, trying to snipe quickly is painful. But SOH Pro is where it's at.

butts

Brian Fellows said:
Yeah I hate it when you kill someone and the asshole doesn't leave you a present.

Yes! Is there any logic to this happening? I kill the guy, no teammates are around (so nobody magically grabbed it before I could), but no blue bag. Happens a lot actually and it sucks.

iNvid02

purple cobra said:
What sensitivity you playing at, iNvidious01?

i used to play at 3, then i realised i was sort of at a disavantage.
i started practising higher and higher (got to 10) using these FPS FREEKS.
they allow greater control over stick movements. only way i could reach 10.

now i went back down to 7 as it gives me a good balance, when i faff around
with snipers i go back to 10. but yeah these fps freeks were great in allowing
me to be able to play at higher levels

FPS.jpg

aku:jiki said:
The same problem occurs with Scavenger! Not only do the bags disappear if a teammate walks over them (even if he doesn't have Scav), they will sometimes just disappear for no reason. Something I'm not a fan of when I'm camping and want new Javelins. :(

That is true, honestly I think it's intended so you can't refill on every single body.

iNvid02

KingOfSoap said:
audio quality and video quality is ok, the machinima movies are better. Game is boring to watch btw. Standard semi-camping and killstreak.

thanks for the audio/video feedback, im gonna disregard the rest
the reason i camped to get all my streaks was because of the 2 boosters.
im not gonna let 2 noobs ruin my huge ffa win streak, i did what i had to

iNvid02

zero margin said:
Yeah like the audio and video, hate the ACR.

EDIT - might want to edit that word in the post above this. That's a no-no.

thanks and done. as you mighta noticed im still new -_-

iNvidious01 said:
thanks and done. as you mighta noticed im still new -_-

Yeah np, as for the FPSfreeks I actually ordered those this morning, I have a tendency to jerk the stick as it is in a panic moment and those might help alleviate that a little. Glad to see they get good reviews. This is for 360.

kuYuri

sazabirules said:
How does it benefit Microsoft though? Making Sony fans impatient is worth it?

Increase sales of 360 version? It might just be the edge to get some people to buy a 360 (remember, this game came out in the holidays and would be enough to sell consoles).

I watched your video iNvidious. The quality was good. I have to agree it was standard gameplay from a skilled player. It had a nice mix of standard camp and run and gun.

I am not an internet hater though I thought once again you played very well.

iNvid02

Anerythristic said:
I watched your video iNvidious. The quality was good. I have to agree it was standard gameplay from a skilled player. It had a nice mix of standard camp and run and gun.

I am not an internet hater though I thought once again you played very well.

thanks buddy. i dont play/record anymore games as i hate the game, its so damn frustrating. all these uploads are just stored on my hard drive so i thought i'd put em up.
i do have some aggressive games as well which i'll be posting soon. stay tuned

kuYuri

Resurgence Package maps should be in all playlists now.

fourzerotwo said:
The new Resurgence Package maps will now show up in ALL playlists on Xbox 360 for Modern Warfare 2! Time for some Carnival free-for-all!

So I made the mistake of buying Fallout 3 over the weekend, having never played it before. I think MW2 is going to fall by the wayside for a bit :lol. But don't worry - I'll be back. The break will probably be good for my blood pressure anyway.

divisionbyzorro said:
So I made the mistake of buying Fallout 3 over the weekend, having never played it before. I think MW2 is going to fall by the wayside for a bit :lol. But don't worry - I'll be back. The break will probably be good for my blood pressure anyway.

I could see that if new maps hadn't just came out. No excuse.

Finally got to play on Trailer Park. That was loads of fun. Out of the 6 matches I played, Strike only came up once, and no Overgrown or Bailout. Amazing! I hope its an indication that the map rotation was tweaked.

divisionbyzorro said:
So I made the mistake of buying Fallout 3 over the weekend, having never played it before.

See you in 6 months or so. :lol

iNvidious01 said:
look at the URL youtube gave one of my videos :lol
oh and i would appreciate some feedback on the video/audio quality,
i tried to get real 1080p with 128kb audio. thanks dudes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBdr5N-SxeM

I don't think there's really a benefit to 1080p since the game doesn't even run at 720p. Quality was decent though, but the compression seemed a bit excessive. I don't know if that was on YouTube's end or yours though. It also seemed to run a bit jerky, like there were a lot of dropped frames. It might be better to try capping at 720p to see if things can get a bit smoother.

Lionheart1827 said:
Spawns are still terrible, in fact worse. So many times today I've watched myself appear on somebody's killcam spawning.

actually this raises a question I had, what mode is this? I play 99% TDM and sooo rarely have I had an issue with this.

zero margin said:
actually this raises a question I had, what mode is this? I play 99% TDM and sooo rarely have I had an issue with this.

TDM. It happened A LOT on trailer park today, but I've noticed it after these maps have come out. It wouldnt happen to me that often in the past few months but damnit its annoying.

Nizz

iNvidious01 said:
i used to play at 3, then i realised i was sort of at a disavantage.
i started practising higher and higher (got to 10) using these FPS FREEKS.
they allow greater control over stick movements. only way i could reach 10.

now i went back down to 7 as it gives me a good balance, when i faff around
with snipers i go back to 10. but yeah these fps freeks were great in allowing
me to be able to play at higher levels

FPS.jpg
Thanks for answering. Yeah, it looked like you were playing at a pretty quick sens. I play on 4 myself on PS3. Feels quick enough but maybe someday I'll try those FPS Freeks out.

divisionbyzorro said:
So I made the mistake of buying Fallout 3 over the weekend, having never played it before. I think MW2 is going to fall by the wayside for a bit .:lol But don't worry - I'll be back. The break will probably be good for my blood pressure anyway.
Believe me, it will. :D I got away from MW2 and platinum'd God of War 3, then I started playing through the GoW Collection. Currently playing through God of War 2 again. It was a nice break, probably a little over a week or two.

Enjoy Fallout 3, I've heard good things about that game.

Lionheart1827 said:
TDM. It happened A LOT on trailer park today, but I've noticed it after these maps have come out. It wouldnt happen to me that often in the past few months but damnit its annoying.

Alright, I need more friends anyway, AZe Spade is my GT send a friend.

zam

Today after a match with aku:jiki we got called noobs by some mad kid cause we were, of all things, looking at the killcam to see where they were.

angry kid: "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU FIND ME?!!"
aku:jiki "uh, I checked the killcam"
"FUCKING NOOB WHO THE FUCK CHECKS KILLCAMS, GOD YOU ARE TERRIBLE"

apparently now it's noobish to 1) listen for footsteps 2) use the scope on a sniper, instead of it's obvious intended purpose to use it for quickscopes 3) and now to look at killcams

Oh yeah, I got called a noob for using an LMG, when the opposing team was using akimbo rafficas, AA12s, RPGs and noobtubes, but apparently I'm the noob cause I use an LMG "all you do is just hold down the right trigger and spray", yeah, clearly that's all there is to using an LMG. It's not like an RPG or noobtube requires very little aiming and just firing once, but aiming properly with an LMG, bursting and controlling the recoil is more noobish than any of the shit they used.

aku:jiki

Woo, just got my first nuke on the new maps, on Trailer Park! :D

Went 6-0 on my first life but got careless, then I got to 22 on my next life and as I was camping by our plant for those last 3, some random teammate camped up next to me and managed to get the killing hit on all 4 guys who turned the corner in front of us. On top of that, I ducked for cover to reload and was killed by a guy who was trying to spray at a teammate outside and a few stray bullets just randomly killed me! RRRAAAAAGGGEEEE

New round, got to 23 by rushing their spawn and preventing a plant. Funny thing was, some teammate launched an AC-130 right as I launched my CG - there was a massacre. :lol Got up from my hiding place, had a guy right in front of me and very luckily killed him with my very last MP5k bullets. Switched to shotgun, cut through a house and right outside was an idler just waiting to be my 25th kill. Good thing too, we were losing and they had the last plant going. :D

zam said:
Today after a match with aku:jiki we got called noobs by some mad kid cause we were, of all things, looking at the killcam to see where they were.

apparently now it's noobish to 1) listen for footsteps 2) use the scope on a sniper, instead of it's obvious intended purpose to use it for quickscopes 3) and now to look at killcams

Oh yeah, I got called a noob for using an LMG, when the opposing team was using akimbo rafficas, AA12s, RPGs and noobtubes, but apparently I'm the noob cause I use an LMG "all you do is just hold down the right trigger and spray", yeah, clearly that's all there is to using an LMG. It's not like an RPG or noobtube requires very little aiming and just firing once, but aiming properly with an LMG, bursting and controlling the recoil is more noobish than any of the shit they used.

I'm with ya but the LMG part...that really is noob. FAL is the only pro answer. J/K I have no idea but FAL is a bastard for me.

aku:jiki

zam said:

And he was the idiot camping on top of the crane with a Vector! :lol

USD

zero margin said:
I'm with ya but the LMG part...that really is noob. FAL is the only pro answer. J/K I have no idea but FAL is a bastard for me.
Nah, if you shoot the FAL at a rate faster than 2 shots per second, people will claim you're using a turbo controller. :lol

The FAL is god-king. I've survive my fair share of firefights because of OHKs. I'll be getting shot up while aiming at the gut, and the damage will pull my shots to their head.

USD said:
Nah, if you shoot the FAL at a rate faster than 2 shots per second, people will claim you're using a turbo controller. :lol

The FAL is god-king. I've survive my fair share of firefights because of OHKs. I'll be getting shot up while aiming at the gut, and the damage will pull my shots to their head.

Ha, no doubt, I want to learn that weapon so bad but I'm 7 levels from the next prestige, I think I will do it next time, holo sights.

Nelo Ice

Banned
just played my 1st mw2 game in months and screw payin $30 for 6 maps!....not counting the cod4 maps

i refuse to support but it sucks since this is one fps im actually good at and the majority of my friends list still plays mw2 actively and buy the map packs day one every time :lol

Mileena

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Well, Treyarch have already stated they are unlikely to put in Commando. If they are going to something that increases melee range, it will probably be a bayonet like before.
If there's no commando, no akimbo and no absurd killstreaks I might have to get it. I hated WaW and CoD3 but I'd be willing to give them another shot if they fix some of IW's mess.

Xux

Strider2K99 said:
Well, Treyarch have already stated they are unlikely to put in Commando. If they are going to something that increases melee range, it will probably be a bayonet like before.

Yeah, I know. It just seems to be a popular topic here and there. Hopefully they see all of these people that don't want Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Danger Close, Last Stand, Martydom and leave them out.

Top Bottom