• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

To me so far the resurgence pack maps are far better than the stimulus ones. I never played COD4 so the fact that both strike and vacant are better than overgrown to me probably swings it. Carnival just shits all over Storm imo.

Also is anyone still getting bailout/overgrown in heavier rotation than the new maps? that's just stupid now.

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:
If there's no commando, no akimbo and no absurd killstreaks I might have to get it. I hated WaW and CoD3 but I'd be willing to give them another shot if they fix some of IW's mess.

Well...

w1bo8i.jpg

It's a possibility in this game.

Can't Black Ops talk go in a seperate thread?

Carnival is probably one of my favourite maps now. I love it. I've wiped out 5 of the 6 enemies in two S+D matches because I weaved my way through it so well. :D

wud

Neo Member
This is how I personally want the perks/create a class to play out in Black OPs, let me know what you think:

Attachment unlocks

Assault rifles: Red Dot - Silencer - ACOG - Extended Mags - Fore Grip / Rifle sling (?) - Noobtube x1

SMGs: Red Dot - Silencer - ACOG - Extended Mags

Shotguns: Red Dot - Silencer - Grip - Extended Mags

Sniper Rifles: ACOG - Extended Mags

LMGs: Red Dot - Silencer - Grip - Extended Mags

Machine pistols : Red Dot - Silencer - Extended Mags

Hanguns: Silencer - Akimbo - Tactical knife - Extended Mags

Grenades

Frag - high damage, rolls around

Semtex - lower damage, sticky

Molotov - lower damage, large radius

Perk 1 -

Primary grenades x2
Special grenades x3
Scavenger [does not replenish nootubes or grenades, only special grenades and ammo]
Claymores x2
Bomb Squad
C4 x2
Throwing knife x3

Perk 2 -

Lightweight
Marathon
Coldblooded/Camouflage/UAV Jammer
Sleight of Hand
Double Tap
Flak Jacket
Bling

Perk 3 -

Dead Silence
Perk that stops fall damage, Iron legs or something
Steady aim
Iron Lungs
Deep Impact / FMJs

Notes -

No stopping power or juggernaut, the lag that plagues all COD games means whoever has stopping power wins any gunfight. Make it so its the skill of the user and the gun.

As Double Tap would become the new Stopping power, make it increase recoil to an uncomfortable level for most people so that you have to learn to use your weapon properly with it.

Shotgun users should gain a SMALL health boost.

Noobtubes replace Perk 1.

The Pro bit of Commando was actually good so that should return as a third tier perk.

Holographic is pointless, so just red dot, less is more.

Akimbo for pistols only. Reload time should shoot up dramatically when using it though.

Grip for assault rifles as many can be fitted with one in real life. Replaces Perk 1 as it did in COD4, same goes for LMGs.

Extended Mags do not require Deep Impact/FMJ kills, however they should have a large total number of kills. Mabye a headshots unlock?

Throwing knife x3 so you can actually use them for something other than game winning kills

Opinions?

See, I always thought it was funny that people complained about Juggernaut when it was really a necessary counterpart to Stopping Power. In my opinion, Stopping Power has no business being in the game if Juggernaut doesn't exist as a viable counter.

USD

Xux said:
Yeah, I know. It just seems to be a popular topic here and there. Hopefully they see all of these people that don't want Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Danger Close, Last Stand, Martydom and leave them out.
I can see why some people might not like it, but Stopping Power for me is huge. I'm a M14/FAL lover, and Stopping Power gives both guns OHK potential, which completely changes the way I play (especially for the M14).

Xux

USD said:
I can see why some people might not like it, but Stopping Power for me is huge. I'm a M14/FAL lover, and Stopping Power gives both guns OHK potential, which completely changes the way I play (especially for the M14).

Yeah, OHKO with the FAL is pretty awesome. They could just make headshots with stronger semi-autos have a bigger multiplier to replicate the effect. Maybe some chest multipliers for the two hit kill at range part.

USD

I have two games of most C4 kills, despite never using C4. Thank you SitRep. :lol

Shooting C4 and exploding barrels can be a pain when there are enemies nearby, you basically have to fight the auto-aim.

I haven't sworn off this game entirely - when my friends invite me to play, I can't say no! I ended up playing Mosh Pit for a little over an hour this morning and rediscovered the AUG while I was at it. I was picking people off from across the map on Estate with it; 58-18 in a game of HQ Pro. Good times.

But then of course it was back to Fallout. C'est la vie.

Yopis

divisionbyzorro said:
I haven't sworn off this game entirely - when my friends invite me to play, I can't say no! I ended up playing Mosh Pit for a little over an hour this morning and rediscovered the AUG while I was at it. I was picking people off from across the map on Estate with it; 58-18 in a game of HQ Pro. Good times.

But then of course it was back to Fallout. C'est la vie.

Ten Penny Tower FTW.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
This game had all but died for me, then I started using the F2000. Trolling people with that gun is so much fun. The best part about it is, you use it for a while then go back to your standard primary, TAR for me, and you appreciate it so much more.

ha1f

Procarbine said:
This game had all but died for me, then I started using the F2000. Trolling people with that gun is so much fun. The best part about it is, you use it for a while then go back to your standard primary, TAR for me, and you appreciate it so much more.
Yeah, the F2000 is the only reason I really even play the game anymore. F2000 + ACOG is just an outstanding troll. I'm going for fall camo on the F2000 then I'll probably be done with the game.

Eurgh, so on another forum I saw a thread of people gushing over a 9 minute long shotgun montage all wondering how he 1 shots at that distance and so on. I have to say I hate the people that play this game.

USD

I'm so used to One Man Army and the lack of a secondary, I've forgotten how good it is to shoot a handgun. Didn't have time to reload my FAMAS, so I grabbed the first gun I saw, the good ol' magnum. Proceeded to drop three targets before the enemy spawns overwhelmed me.

Reminds me of the halcyon days of COD4. 5-kill pistol rampages, pistol sniping with the Colt .45 in Last Stand... those were the days.

USD said:
I'm so used to One Man Army and the lack of a secondary, I've forgotten how good it is to shoot a handgun.

I'm sure I used to do much better when I was running almost all OMA loadouts, but I find the secondaries are all too much fun to pass up. I don't care if my K/D suffers; nothing beats running around with akimbo M9s or a PP2000 or a SPAS-12. I wish I could use secondaries as my primary too.

USD

foomfoom415 said:
I'm sure I used to do much better when I was running almost all OMA loadouts, but I find the secondaries are all too much fun to pass up. I don't care if my K/D suffers; nothing beats running around with akimbo M9s or a PP2000 or a SPAS-12. I wish I could use secondaries as my primary too.
I played a little SCAR/SPAS Marathon/Lightweight/Ninja yesterday, mostly to finish off the last two miles for my Lightweight challenge, which was nagging me. It felt way too good running around the map freely.

The only other secondaries I've used with any kind of frequency are the USP and the Magnum.

On a separate note, completely finishing the SitRep challenge takes forever. They should the cut device requirement in half for both unlocking Pro and for completing the full challenge. No other perk takes nearly as long to unlock Pro. Though it might be easier in objective-based gametypes compared to TDM.

Kujo

USD said:
On a separate note, completely finishing the SitRep challenge takes forever. They should cut device requirement in half for both unlocking Pro and for completing the full challenge. No other perk takes nearly as long to unlock Pro. Though it might be easier in objective-based gametypes compared to TDM.
I completed it (along with all other perk challenges), and yeah it's by far the longest to do. But I've been using it exclusively for months now so you get there eventually. People should at least get to Pro with it, it's like an audio UAV.

USD

Mojo said:
I completed it (along with all other perk challenges), and yeah it's by far the longest to do. But I've been using it exclusively for months now so you get there eventually. People should at least get to Pro with it, it's like an audio UAV.
Yeah, I'm at ~520 out of 750. It helps that most claymore users watch the killcam in hopes of catching players after death, gives me enough time to flash, kill, then shoot the claymore. I'm also glad there aren't very many Ninja Pro users, seems like the only prominent Perk 3s are Commando and Steady Aim. SitRep Pro is easily the most underrated perk in the game, it's just a bitch acquiring. Haven't bothered with prestige, so at least I don't have to worry about unlocking Pro again.

I still say that SitRep Pro should bring Ninja Pro footsteps to normal sound level, or even the ally footstep level, but I guess that would be too godlike.

Sanjay

Strider2K99 said:
Well...

w1bo8i.jpg

It's a possibility in this game.

Theres nothing really wrong with akimbo, the problem is lightweight with commando running with akimbo that makes akimbo affective, take out lightweight people running around like ninjas and lunging commando pricks and you can still keep akimbo.

Sanjay said:
Theres nothing really wrong with akimbo, the problem is lightweight with commando running with akimbo that makes akimbo affective, take out lightweight people running around like ninjas and lunging commando pricks and you can still keep akimbo.

They should fix it so you cant use knives at all in akimbo.

They should also fix it so if you are stunned/flashed, your left arm goes over your face like the character models do, also prevent you from aiming down the godamn sights.

USD

There's nothing more frustrating than playing with shitty people. In COD4, I could carry my team. But now, it's hard as hell to win with the 6-22s and the 0-10s I end up on my team. I pretty much can only consistently win when playing with at least a squad of 3.

USD said:
There's nothing more frustrating than playing with shitty people. In COD4, I could carry my team. But now, it's hard as hell to win with the 6-22s and the 0-10s I end up on my team. I pretty much can only consistently win when playing with at least a squad of 3.

Yup, it seems the only time my team loses in this game is because of some jackass that cancels out my score. I go 22-5 and some jackass goes 7-20 or some shit.

aku:jiki

Just celebrated my 20th nuke! :D Wasn't a very exciting one, though. Just ran around B as we had it planted on Crash, eventually got to 11 without any help from the Harrier who just hung there and did nothing and got the rest in the Chopper.

I did just play one of the funniest matches I've ever seen though, it was a hacked match where our team did insane damage (but the opponents did normal damage) so you could just sloppily spray in an enemies general direction and end up getting doubles all the time. The hacker himself scored about 250-20 (!) and called in a nuke with a 15 minute timer. I scored a nuke myself, but they had some hack that only let them get nukes - I heard the sound effect but didn't get the graphic or the actual nuke. I went 80-30, my teammate went 120-20 and scored 3 Choppers in an EAD and it was just all around insane. Some poor bastard who didn't leave when he noticed the cheating went 26-116. :lol

Edit: Nuke #21, on Overgrown. :D

Edit 2: Nuke #22 on Invasion, I'm a machine! :D

aku:jiki said:
Just celebrated my 20th nuke! :D Wasn't a very exciting one, though. Just ran around B as we had it planted on Crash, eventually got to 11 without any help from the Harrier who just hung there and did nothing and got the rest in the Chopper.

I did just play one of the funniest matches I've ever seen though, it was a hacked match where our team did insane damage (but the opponents did normal damage) so you could just sloppily spray in an enemies general direction and end up getting doubles all the time. The hacker himself scored about 250-20 (!) and called in a nuke with a 15 minute timer. I scored a nuke myself, but they had some hack that only let them get nukes - I heard the sound effect but didn't get the graphic or the actual nuke. I went 80-30, my teammate went 120-20 and scored 3 Choppers in an EAD and it was just all around insane. Some poor bastard who didn't leave when he noticed the cheating went 26-116. :lol

Edit: Nuke #21, on Overgrown. :D

Edit 2: Nuke #22 on Invasion, I'm a machine! :D

Haha congrats, it seems like when you get in the groove you can pull them off all night, I took nukes off my killstreaks after my 10th, but I remember Nuke 6, 7 and then 8 all came almost back to back. 6 and 7 where literally against the same people, who all congratulated me the first time, and then where like "not again", the second time. The latter resonse was actually more enjoyable. :lol

PetriP-TNT said:
Just remembered that I haven't played this in 3 weeks, geez!

Been about that for me too, I played the new maps once when they came out for PS3 and not been near it since, will probably head back to play vacant and carnival when they come out (next month?)

USD

celestial body said:
That's fucking unbelievable.
BTW does he/good people 'quickscope' with the spas?
Aiming down the sights increases the spread of the shot, while hipfire keeps it compact (especially with Steady Aim Pro). 90% of the time I shoot from the hip.

Xux

Hit Prestige 4 night before last and got up to 13 the night after. Had to pull some pro-ass shit by taking out two Harriers with the Overwatch class.

Lovin' the M4; I just seem to do better with it than any other gun. Lookin' forward to usin' the P90 and MUzi again.

I love how he always puts metallica in all of his videos. Crazy shit right there.

Some of those clips remind me of some shotgunning runs I had last month where I would clean house and have a chopper gunner in the air in no time. Some of those semtex multi kills were crazy though. I wonder how long it took him to get all of that footage.

USD

Why the hell are frag grenades so weak. I use frags on my anti-air class, and if need to take down aircraft and run out of Stinger missiles but still have a frag, I'll throw it to the ground and kill myself. Too bad it doesn't work every time. If you don't have the throw back indicator onscreen, the frag won't even kill you. They need to bring the grenades to the same damage and range level as semtex.

And what's up with semtex? I can hear my own semtex beeping, but I've been caught numerous times by semtex that sticks to a surface and explodes without beeping. I rarely (if at all) hear it beeping during its flight path either. Incredibly annoying. It makes me question whether enemy semtex is audible at all.

Dresden

One thing I noticed about frags is that some people seem to use it like a ghetto martyrdom by using Last Stand Pro with it. Just take it out and even if you get killed before you toss it it still seems to roll to the ground and blow up.

Top Bottom