• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zero margin said:
Yeah, I totally did not take advantage of it either. 49-66 in the same prestige was all I did for the whole week.
Yeah I'm using a new account and I wanted to at least get to 48 and unlock the ACR but I only got to 34 unfortunately.

kuYuri

Shalashaska said:
Yeah, I hear Activision doesn't like money.

I hear IW lost almost half of their employees.

Not to mention we don't even know what the plans are anymore with MW series with the court case between Activision and West/Zampella.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. We'll find out soon enough.

Played the first time in months and did a 36-4 in my first game of TDM and had only UAV, CP and Pred equipped. :lol

Oh and some asshole took my CP with AC130 and didn't even thank me. It was weird, I called in the CP, some enemy pops up and runs toward the package, my teammate comes up to package, too. I shoot the enemy, my teammate gets the AC130..

I like downpour, I like most of the MW maps though except Bloc and that big open square one with the missiles and shit.

EDIT - Might as well put Bog on that list also if being honest but outside of those three, liked 'em all. At least for the original maps.

zam

AwesomeSyrup said:
I love kids telling you that you are garbage when you have the most points and they are 2 and 17. :lol
When they lose against you and then say you are shit/suck/garbage, ask them what that makes them if they lost against people who suck and watch their heads explode from the logic :lol

zam said:
When they lose against you and then say you are shit/suck/garbage, ask them what that makes them if they lost against people who suck and watch their heads explode from the logic :lol
Actually he was on my team, the entire match he kept telling me I was using the stupidest class ever. (it was a SCAR w/ silencer/grenade launcher, bling, stopping power, and ninja)
I was like well apparently your UMP45 with lightweight, commando, and marathon is a pretty bad class too considering you can't get more than 2 kills. That was followed by the rest of the team laughing and then him cussing me out the next 2 minutes. :lol

The more I play, the more I'm convinced that this game will be a million times better without grenade launchers. If you want a precision explosive, we've got RPGs/AT4s for that.

So yeah - aside from the Demolition game where I got tubed into oblivion, I had a good session tonight with the usual monday night crew. Nothing too terribly spectacular; the 10-3 game of Search and Destroy on Rundown was probably the best, although I did have a couple of 35+/10- minus games of Domination and Headquarters.

I've really fallen in love with the AUG again.

• AUG-HBAR + Grip
  • SPAS-12 + Grip
  • Sleight of Hand Pro
  • Stopping Power Pro
  • Steady Aim Pro

Fantastic class. You can two-shot anyone from across the map, and with the grip it's ridiculously accurate.

zam

AwesomeSyrup said:
Actually he was on my team, the entire match he kept telling me I was using the stupidest class ever. (it was a SCAR w/ silencer/grenade launcher, bling, stopping power, and ninja)
I was like well apparently your UMP45 with lightweight, commando, and marathon is a pretty bad class too considering you can't get more than 2 kills. That was followed by the rest of the team laughing and then him cussing me out the next 2 minutes. :lol
I'm using pretty much the same setup as you, but without bling and scavenger instead. Silenced Scar is a beast! I have one silenced scar class with SP and one with CB. I managed to hold down the A room of Vacant on Demoltion (the room with all the boxes right by the loading dock) with a silenced scar and cold blooded for an entire round without dying, they just kept coming at me! Good thing I had scavenger to restock my ammo (and my semtexes) otherwise I would've been out of ammo real quick. Pretty much the only two blue perks I use are scavenger or marathon, I don't really feel the need to go bling since I don't use grenade launchers, heartbeat sensors or sights (except for holo sight on FAL cause I hate the FAL iron sights). Before I prestiged and during my first prestige I would put red dot on every weapon, but have since quit that bad habit.

Also silenced UMP with marathon, lightweight and commando is an awesome class, that guy was just plain terrible if he couldn't get kills with that setup.

The Sandy Ravage vid that was posted earlier in the thread was awesome, a bit late I know. It actually taught me how to use an AC130 better, I've been using the 50mm gun (the middle one) and just firing tons of shots at one spot, tried it today and did like he did and spread the shots around more and racked up a lot more kills than I usually do with it :D

divisionbyzorro said:
The more I play, the more I'm convinced that this game will be a million times better without grenade launchers. If you want a precision explosive, we've got RPGs/AT4s for that.
yeah tubing wasn't nearly as bad in cod4 as it is in mw2. Now noobtubers have scavenger and OMA so they can keep tubing more. also the tac knifing gives the idiots another venue to get cheap fucking kills. And they really need to fix the insane aim assist on the intervention so people can't quickscope with it, or do stuff like spamming a barret or M21 close range like a fucking shotgun and getting kills that way, it's almost to the point that they should make snipers inable to shoot if you aren't scoped, like in TF2, or just make them insanely inaccurate if you aren't scoped in, not giving gigantic autoaim halfway bringing the scope up.

While I'm ranting let me also add that the M240 sucks complete balls, it has no redeeming feature that makes it a valid choice. Its less accurate than pretty much any other LMG, less damage per bullet, recoil (even with grip) makes it jump around like crazy even during controlled burst. It doesn't even have higher ammo capacity than say RPD or MG4. I could understand it being terrible if it was better than the other LMGs at one area (say rate of fire or accuracy etc) but it just sucks in all areas.

zam said:
And they really need to fix the insane aim assist on the intervention so people can't quickscope with it, or do stuff like spamming a barret or M21 close range like a fucking shotgun and getting kills that way, it's almost to the point that they should make snipers inable to shoot if you aren't scoped, like in TF2, or just make them insanely inaccurate if you aren't scoped in, not giving gigantic autoaim halfway bringing the scope up.

Yeah, quickscoping is pretty stupid, but spamming the barret doesn't bother me. You waste a third of your ammo to get a single kill that way; it's not exactly a valid way to reliably get kills.

zam said:
While I'm ranting let me also add that the M240 sucks complete balls, it has no redeeming feature that makes it a valid choice. Its less accurate than pretty much any other LMG, less damage per bullet, recoil (even with grip) makes it jump around like crazy even during controlled burst. It doesn't even have higher ammo capacity than say RPD or MG4. I could understand it being terrible if it was better than the other LMGs at one area (say rate of fire or accuracy etc) but it just sucks in all areas.

Nothing wrong with them adding a bad gun, unless you're OCD and feel the need to get all of the weapon challenges or something :lol

Stantron

divisionbyzorro said:
[*] SPAS-12 + Grip
[*] Sleight of Hand Pro
[*] Stopping Power Pro
[*] Steady Aim Pro
[/LIST]

Fantastic class. You can two-shot anyone from across the map, and with the grip it's ridiculously accurate.
A few noob questions if you don't mind...
Does Sleight of Hand increase just the reload time, or also the time between shots?
Steady Aim only improves aim accuracy when NOT aiming down sights, correct?
Does the grip attachment improve accuracy regardless of aiming down sights or not?
Does the grip attachment accuracy improvement stack on top of the steady aim accuracy improvement if you use them at the same time?

Xux

zam said:

I love the M240. It doesn't seem like it has any more recoil than the L86, it does the same damage as the MG4, and it has the highest rate of fire of the LMGs. It sounds awesome, too. I just wish it didn't show up on radar when you use a silencer.

Amerowolf said:
Why does everyone hate it so much? It's easily the best map in CoD4.

I don't mind it. I just run around with my AK-74u and weave through the buildings taking people out.

Stantron said:
A few noob questions if you don't mind...
Does Sleight of Hand increase just the reload time, or also the time between shots?
It just decreases the reload time. Reloading right after you shoot one shell with Sleight of Hand is almost as fast as just shooting one shell and letting your dude pump.

Stantron said:
Steady Aim only improves aim accuracy when NOT aiming down sights, correct?
Yeah, ADSing with Steady Aim just turns off Steady Aim and it spreads out the pellets the same as hip firing without Steady Aim.

Stantron said:
Does the grip attachment improve accuracy regardless of aiming down sights or not? Does the grip attachment accuracy improvement stack on top of the steady aim accuracy improvement if you use them at the same time?
No, the grip lowers the time it takes to recenter after a shot which doesn't effect the SPAS as each shot, with the pump action, takes longer than it takes the gun to recenter.

Edit: I checked and that's actually what LMG grips do. Shotgun grips apparently decrease the amount the gun is jerked from the direction you're aiming which still doesn't effect the SPAS since it recovers by the time you can shoot again.

zam

divisionbyzorro said:
Nothing wrong with them adding a bad gun, unless you're OCD and feel the need to get all of the weapon challenges or something :lol
But I am OCD and I do feel the need to get all weapon challenges :(

I did finish off the M240 last night so now I never need to touch it again :)

aku:jiki

I just pulled off a very satisfying buzzkill at 24... Some kid was doing some filthy camping in Demo on Strike and got himself a CG for round two. I immediately went cold-blooded and mad dashed it for their spawn, found him and headshotted him right between kill 24 and kill 25. That's what campers get, motherfucker! :D

This other guy managed to camp his way to a nuke a few matches later. Next match, I was onto his sleazy ways and ran around to the popular camping spots and found him every time. He rage quit pretty fast. :lol

zam said:
But I am OCD and I do feel the need to get all weapon challenges :(

I did finish off the M240 last night so now I never need to touch it again :)
1000 headshots, dude!

...I have like 200 headshots each with all the LMGs. :(

Xux said:
I don't why I didn't make the connection earlier but, if they put this in as a killstreak reward in Black Ops, I'd use it every fucking match.

http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=242260
:LOL

Seriously, though, I wonder what they're doing with the streaks. I hope they have a large selection like MW2, though I wouldn't mind less overpowered stuff. AC-130 was in use in 'Nam (I think?) and I don't think it's too powerful for MP, hope they keep that. :D

aku:jiki said:
Seriously, though, I wonder what they're doing with the streaks. I hope they have a large selection like MW2, though I wouldn't mind less overpowered stuff. AC-130 was in use in 'Nam (I think?) and I don't think it's too powerful for MP, hope they keep that. :D

I'm hoping for a greater emphasis on localized, tactical killstreak rewards. More things like airstrikes and sentry guns. How about an airdropped sandbag placement with a mounted MG? Or an airdropped ammo supply box like from spec ops? (Sidebar - what's the point of ammo crates in mw2 when you have the scavenger perk?) Or an anti-air barrage at 5 kills? Essentially, I want to see more varied, but less powerful killstreak rewards.

Basically, if you have to add a Stinger equivalent, you've screwed up. I went 38-3 in regular TDM a couple of days ago because my pave low got 20 kills. And that only happened because they were too stubborn to shoot it down. That's not good balance; I only got that score because they were stupid, not because is was good. I get why stingers exist now, and they serve a purpose, but they're an indicator of the extreme power of the killstreaks.

I guess I just think that even though I love MW2 I'm ready for a COD game with less of an emphasis on earning killstreak rewards.

I've spent more time on the new Resurgence maps than I have on Bloc.

CoD4 definately had it's fair share of shitty maps like Bloc, Bog, Countdown, Showdown and Wetworks.

On the other hand WaW maps like Asylum, Castle, Hangar, Upheavel, Knee Deep, Nightfire, Banzai and Sub Pens deserve more credit.

TUSR

Banned
I saw this on a certain website the other night and I thought I would share it.
5UMpACyw.jpeg

Spinning Plates said:
On the other hand WaW maps like Asylum, Castle, Hangar, Upheavel, Knee Deep, Nightfire, Banzai and Sub Pens deserve more credit.

Castle was a fantastic map. So was Makin/Makin Day and Hangar. And I actually really, really liked Courtyard for some masochistic reason.

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
Makin/Makin Day
One thing I'd like to see in MW2 is an update with different weather for the maps. Nothing advanced - just turn sunlight or on off, basically. Underpass during the day or Afghan at night would be pretty badass!

Amerowolf said:
Why does everyone hate it so much? It's easily the best map in CoD4.

Too big, too dark and if you die you need to run a country mile to get back to the action. I'm surprised you can call it the best map and keep a straight face, much less easily the best map. :lol

aku:jiki said:
One thing I'd like to see in MW2 is an update with different weather for the maps. Nothing advanced - just turn sunlight or on off, basically. Underpass during the day or Afghan at night would be pretty badass!

I would love to see this in any MP shooter to be honest. If you could switch daytime on and off, and weather effects on and off, it would be a cheap way to expand your map selection. Imagine playing Favela at midnight, with only a full moon and the lights inside the individual apartments. Suddenly thermal on SMGs could actually make sense :lol

Spinning Plates said:
I've spent more time on the new Resurgence maps than I have on Bloc.

CoD4 definately had it's fair share of shitty maps like Bloc, Bog, Countdown, Showdown and Wetworks.

Yes, World at War had some awesome maps.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
Castle was a fantastic map. So was Makin/Makin Day and Hangar. And I actually really, really liked Courtyard for some masochistic reason.

I loved pretty much all the maps in WaW except Downfall and Dome.

Brian Fellows said:
I loved pretty much all the maps in WaW except Downfall and Dome.
Seelow blew. I couldn't even play that map. Whenever that map came up my friends would laugh because I would always back out immediately.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
AwesomeSyrup said:
Seelow blew. I couldn't even play that map. Whenever that map came up my friends would laugh because I would always back out immediately.

I liked it but I was pretty much always in a tank. I can see why people might hate it though. If a person knew how to use a tank well they could be mighty hard to get to. So much open space its hard to get close enough to take one out.

Top Bottom