• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

zam said:
yeah tubing wasn't nearly as bad in cod4 as it is in mw2. Now noobtubers have scavenger and OMA so they can keep tubing more. also the tac knifing gives the idiots another venue to get cheap fucking kills. And they really need to fix the insane aim assist on the intervention so people can't quickscope with it, or do stuff like spamming a barret or M21 close range like a fucking shotgun and getting kills that way, it's almost to the point that they should make snipers inable to shoot if you aren't scoped, like in TF2, or just make them insanely inaccurate if you aren't scoped in, not giving gigantic autoaim halfway bringing the scope up.

there was nothing wrong in the last modern warfare when I could hipfire kill with the 50cal or m21. i think the problem is that in this game there's no juggernaut which would normally serve as a counter to things that would otherwise be one hit kills, so if you hit someone with hipfire and have stopping power it isn't an automatic win.

While I'm ranting let me also add that the M240 sucks complete balls, it has no redeeming feature that makes it a valid choice. Its less accurate than pretty much any other LMG, less damage per bullet, recoil (even with grip) makes it jump around like crazy even during controlled burst. It doesn't even have higher ammo capacity than say RPD or MG4. I could understand it being terrible if it was better than the other LMGs at one area (say rate of fire or accuracy etc) but it just sucks in all areas.

I don't seem to have problems if I burst fire with the acog. In fact, any LMG w/grip & acog seem to generally have less burst recoil than assault rifles with acog.

TestOfTide said:
I don't seem to have problems if I burst fire with the acog. In fact, any LMG w/grip & acog seem to generally have less burst recoil than assault rifles with acog.

The real question is why are you putting ACOG on anything? I think the only gun I could ever stand to put ACOG on for anything other than challenges is the ACR.

Just played a game of search and some guy was killing everyone without even aiming or shooting. He'd just look in their general direction and they would die. :lol

AwesomeSyrup said:
Just played a game of search and some guy was killing everyone without even aiming or shooting. He'd just look in their general direction and they would die. :lol

Holy crap. :lol

As for the maps talk, I really didnt like the WaW maps, the majority of them seemed way too big. The MW2 maps may have problems, but at least your never too far from the action.

USD

divisionbyzorro said:
The real question is why are you putting ACOG on anything? I think the only gun I could ever stand to put ACOG on for anything other than challenges is the ACR.
If the FAL did 55-40 with ACOG, I might use it. But then again, at that point I might as well just use M21 ACOG.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Spinning Plates said:
CoD4 definately had it's fair share of shitty maps like Bloc, Bog, Countdown, Showdown and Wetworks.

On the other hand WaW maps like Asylum, Castle, Hangar, Upheavel, Knee Deep, Nightfire, Banzai and Sub Pens deserve more credit.

I SOOO couldn't agree with this more! W@W has the best maps I have ever seen in an FPS. Period. Courtyard, Castle, Asylum, etc are examples of how you maps right, and how you make them fun! MW2's maps are garbage in comparison IMHO.

amar212

isamu said:
I SOOO couldn't agree with this more! W@W has the best maps I have ever seen in an FPS. Period. Courtyard, Castle, Asylum, etc are examples of how you maps right, and how you make them fun! MW2's maps are garbage in comparison IMHO.

I agree, WaW maps were extraordinary. Would not call MW2's garbage, but after so many sessions I even find COD4 maps better in terms of strategic planning.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Xux said:
I love the M240. It doesn't seem like it has any more recoil than the L86, it does the same damage as the MG4, and it has the highest rate of fire of the LMGs. It sounds awesome, too. I just wish it didn't show up on radar when you use a silencer.

What? How did you figure this out? I was under the impression all silenced guns didn't show up on radar (I only play HC)

USD

divisionbyzorro said:
Both the M240 and M9 still show up on radar with a silencer. It's a glitch.
Wow, that's a pretty big glitch, glad I was more of a USP sort of guy when I used pistols.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
localized, tactical killstreak rewards.

I think it'd be cool if you could call in a chopper that dropped a line of toxic gas that tabun'd people if they tried to walk through. Maybe also a flare that shoots up off map that blinds them if they look in that direction. And napalm that makes a lasting fire in an area.

Ya know, Super Special Grenades.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
yoopoo said:
He charges people to be on his friends list too :lol

Holy shit. The douche levels are through the roof with this guy. :lol

"About Me" section on his profile said:
If you want to Promote your channel on mine.
50 US Dollars
or 34.6967 Great british pounds.
or 42 euros
I'll box for box you for 100 dollars

Decide82@hotmail.com

How to add me on Xbox360
K/D 3.01 W/L 2.42

I require you to pay 1600 MS Points. The reason for this fee is I have very few Friend slots remaining on Xbox and there is a great deal of people who want to be on it. The fact I play xbox 90% more than I do ps3 means there is more likely i'll play with you on it.

I've never been a fan of this guy. I saw one or two of his gameplay videos months ago and never payed attention to him again.

Loxley

I decided to jump back into MW2 after taking a break, and Jesus, the PC side is rampant with hackers now >< More so than when I stopped playing. I just had four games in a row where at least two people were using aimbots, fuck these assholes.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Loxley said:
I decided to jump back into MW2 after taking a break, and Jesus, the PC side is rampant with hackers now >< More so than when I stopped playing. I just had four games in a row where at least two people were using aimbots, fuck these assholes.

yea they're all over the fucking place. cant do shit about it either.

50 dollars? :lol Holy shit what a douchebag, but sad thing is that his xbox live friendlist is probably full of fools that have paid the 1600 ms points. Geez.

Wings of Redemption is the cockiest douchebag who commentates MW2. Sure, he's got skill, but he takes himself way too seriously. It must kill him that SeaNanners, who seems like the nicest guy in the world, is lightyears ahead of him. :lol

And ELPRESADOR is right. Nobody on Machinima, outside of maybe FPS RUSSIA (I don't know why, but I love that guy), does entertaining commentaries. SeaNanners does good informative commentaries, but the only truly entertaining commentator out there is ELPRESADOR.

R2D4

Banned
I really wish you could have two secondary weapons and no primary weapon. I want to use the SPAS but still have a Stinger. No one shoots down those fucking Pavelows and they clean up when anyone calls one. Everyone just hides inside. :(

USD

R2D4 said:
I really wish you could have two secondary weapons and no primary weapon. I want to use the SPAS but still have a Stinger. No one shoots down those fucking Pavelows and they clean up when anyone calls one. Everyone just hides inside. :(
The number of idiots running around with RPG x4 would be astounding. :lol

They just need to make shotguns primaries again.

Pulka

R2D4 said:
Or make One Man Army replace the primary.

aku:jiki

Hahaa! I'm running a package-only streak setup (4-5-8) and I just scored four Stealth Bombers in one load on Vacant... I just launched those bad boys all at once in different directions over their spawn - each SB got at least 1 kill and their spawn was just a death zone for 30 seconds there. :lol :lol

Those Machinima commentators play well but I think they get stupidly lucky as well. I mean, we all can do a lot that stuff too, but what about the random thermal sniper who drops you from the other side of the map before you get your pavelow? What about the random SPAS rusher? I never get as lucky as FPS Russia and PainCakes do. I guess they must play a ton of games and just upload the best.

Genesis Knight said:
Those Machinima commentators play well but I think they get stupidly lucky as well. I mean, we all can do a lot that stuff too, but what about the random thermal sniper who drops you from the other side of the map before you get your pavelow? What about the random SPAS rusher? I never get as lucky as FPS Russia and PainCakes do. I guess they must play a ton of games and just upload the best.

That's correct.

R2D4

Banned
USD said:
They just need to make shotguns primaries again.

Oh duh never thought about that. That would fix it. It seems kinda stupid to make something like the SPAS secondary considering how much damage you can do with it.

Sunday night I started to just use the SPAS only with no kills and now I have over 1100. Now I'm averaging about 20 a game with it. Still a long way to go to get to 2500 though. It's my goal by the weekend. lol.

USD

Wow, now if this isn't bullshit. My team has a somewhat comfortable lead 57-43. The host disconnects or some bullshit, and I get kicked back to the lobby (which probably counts as a loss, as all host disconnects tally as a loss regardless of team). A second later it puts me back into the game, but on the other team. And a few minutes later, we lose. Totally awesome.

Kujo

USD said:
Wow, now if this isn't bullshit. My team is has a somewhat comfortable lead 57-43. The host disconnects are some bullshit, and I get kicked back to the lobby (which probably counts as a loss, as all host disconnects tally as a loss regardless of team). A second later it puts me back into the game, but on the other team. And a few minutes later, we lose. Totally awesome.
Happened to me a while back. I was doing like 20-1, got disconnected from the game, then reput into the the same game on the other team just before it ended and I didn't have time to recover those kills. I basically caused myself to lose lol

It annoys me though, anytime you accidently get disconnected, or the host migration fails, etc, it counts as a loss. I would say a quarter of my losses are just from that.

Amerowolf said:
No way. Tubing pisses me off so much more than RPGs.
Partly because ANYONE can have a noob tube, and only the HIGH-LEVEL assholes can get an RPG. :lol

I don't mind them, seriously. It's hardly ever an issue. Remember all those times you were rocking a tube and you came around a corner and shot your grenade wide and someone perforated your abdomen with bullets and you were like "I guess that's why they call it a noob tube"?

Yeah, well, it's fun being on the other side. "Oh! You just just a noob tube at close range? Let me go ahead and empty my AR/SMG/Shotgun/whatever into your face. Yes, that's it, stand right there looking stupid while I do this please." :D

USD

So I got tired of unfilled bars and decided to run around with the AK. First with the ACOG, (which actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be), then with FMJ. The gun is a beast. Sure there are more accurate guns with less kick, but once you adjust to it and fire in controlled bursts, it destroys. I did get screwed over a few times when I switched my silenced FAL, and got caught pulling the trigger once expecting full-auto fire and not getting it. :lol

And what's up with MLCommandos? 90% of them will still keep charging, even after I spot them from 40 feet away. I also had a hilarious incident, MGS-esque "I hear footsteps!" moment, as I was getting charged from both sides by two runners in a one-two attack. Dropped both of them before they could get into knife range. :lol

Celsior

Cerrius said:
Holy shit. The douche levels are through the roof with this guy. :lol

I've never been a fan of this guy. I saw one or two of his gameplay videos months ago and never payed attention to him again.
My friend has a 2.67, I get to play with him for free. *muscles*

yoopoo said:
Goood damn... danger close pro + tube :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO20naG8Zv0
No one saw a problem in development with this shit?

zam

aku:jiki said:
Wow. I've been wondering why he's been featuring so many guest videos lately... :lol

Oh, Wings has made a response video :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pot0IgysYJw
Haha, awesome vid, though to do a more convincing impression he needs the anger (and yelling) of ELPRESADOR.

Edit: haha, awesome ELPRES compilation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-kr-lg1og

I don't really care what kind of k/d ratio ELPRES has as long as the videos are entertaining, I would rather watch a vid of someone going 1-20 and be entertaining than watch a boring vid fo someone going 20-1. ELPRES keeps it real and doesn't sit and camp in a corner with claymores like many of the players I come across in the game.

Those people probably have no fucking idea what the rest of the map looks like, for them the rest of the map is just like an old pre-columbus/magellan map with "HERE BE DRAGONS" on the rest of the map except for their little campy hidey-hole.

yoopoo said:
Holy fuck @ ELPRESADOR's response :lol :lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChXoRo_IOE
Oh god please let the drama keep going :lol

We played against a guy last night who sounded and talked exactly like ELPRESADOR, he was mad that are whole team was noob-tubing, but that was only because three bitches on his team were using nothing but danger close noobtubes/rpgs/AT4s. You bust out danger close against Team LOL you better be ready for the whole team to start blowing you up.

aku:jiki said:
Hahaa! I'm running a package-only streak setup (4-5-8) and I just scored four Stealth Bombers in one load on Vacant... I just launched those bad boys all at once in different directions over their spawn - each SB got at least 1 kill and their spawn was just a death zone for 30 seconds there. :lol :lol
That was epic, when I use EAD I get like 2 UAVs, a counter UAV and an ammo box. When I saw 4 stealth-bombers lying there my jaw dropped :p

So I was playing Ground War tonight with some friends who are kinda average at MW2, I think I went like 45-12 in TDM and they were like, "dude I bet your K/D just skyrocketed", I was like "No, actually it went down". I then heard "I fucking hate you" for the next 15 minutes. :lol

I love the conversations that happen while playing this game.

AwesomeSyrup said:
So I was playing Ground War tonight with some friends who are kinda average at MW2, I think I went like 45-12 in TDM and they were like, "dude I bet your K/D just skyrocketed", I was like "No, actually it went down". I then heard "I fucking hate you" for the next 15 minutes. :lol

I love the conversations that happen while playing this game.

I think it's funny that they tried to make this game more casual friendly, but they utterly failed. All they did was expand the gap between noobs, casuals, hardcore, and the godlike even more. I remember hearing SeaNanners talk about his K/D rising throughout the CoD games; his 3.0 in W@W was obviously at the top of the legitimate charts, but a 5+ in MW2? No MP shooter should ever let you maintain a 5+ K/D ratio. Either this means that your matchmaking system is shit, or your core mechanics are broken, and in this case it means that the killstreaks are ridiculously overpowered.

Like I said, I love the idea of killstreak rewards, but I really want to see BO tone them down and make them more tactical and less overpoweringly destructive.

EDIT: Or, how about this. Remember the "momentum system" debacle at the beginning of the year? I keep thinking about this, and I realized that what I would really like to see is something more like a currency system. I haven't played CS in years, but as I recall, you earned money per kill and objective. That money stayed with you and you could spend it to purchase better weapons. I'd like to see that come back, but with air support.

And honestly, I don't want to see air support count for your K/D. Or at the very least, since Treyarch keeps talking about stat tracking, they should count two K/D ratios: one with and one without air support.

Top Bottom