• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Xux said:
Also, KDR means jack shit; it's just typical e-peen stuff. Anything over 1.31 just means you're a campy, noob-tubing little bitch.

Not really. I dont care about my KDR, but I checked it last night and I'm at about 1.81 and I'm strongly opposed to camping, noobing and I dont snipe either, especially the noobing. Most of the time I'm all over the map. Some people are actually pretty good.

Mik2121

zero margin said:
I personally don't see anything wrong with patrolling an area (1/8 of the map for instance) but sitting in a corner of a room, with the sights aimed in and only moving to "refresh" the claymore is camping to me. Not implying that's you just giving my definition. :D
Every time I play derailed I get hate mails because I stay in the middle building, with a claymore on each stair and I keep running around to collect more from the bodies of the enemies that stepped on the claymores already set up. Otherwise I just stay around the whole building looking from all the windows killing.

Am I a camper? Whatever.. go and hate on me. Every time I play there's always an enemy on that building doing the very same thing and I can take them down (a couple stun grenades and then rush in with the shotgun and blow his brains). If the enemy can't take me down it's their fault.

edit - btw my kdr is 2.20

Mik2121 said:
Every time I play derailed I get hate mails because I stay in the middle building, with a claymore on each stair and I keep running around to collect more from the bodies of the enemies that stepped on the claymores already set up. Otherwise I just stay around the whole building looking from all the windows killing.

Am I a camper? Whatever.. go and hate on me. Every time I play there's always an enemy on that building doing the very same thing and I can take them down (a couple stun grenades and then rush in with the shotgun and blow his brains). If the enemy can't take me down it's their fault.

I do that too and in my example I was referring more so to one doorway (the small rooms on favela for instance) that someone stays zoomed in on and not necessarily covering a whole building. Besides going out in the open on derailed is a one way ticket to a respawn anyway.

Xux

Mush said:
<3

At least a couple people got the joke. :/

Mik2121 said:

Me and my friends always do that in TDM; it turns a slightly boring map into a nice tower defense round.

zero margin said:
I do that too and in my example I was referring more so to one doorway (the small rooms on favela for instance) that someone stays zoomed in on and not necessarily covering a whole building. Besides going out in the open on derailed is a one way ticket to a respawn anyway.

I found a guy camping the fountain in Karachi the other night and I dropped down right next to him from the upper level and stared at him for a few seconds before getting a free pistol kill.

I still need to man up and go pistol only again. :lol

Xux said:
I still need to man up and go pistol only again. :lol

Be a real man and do it without Akimbo :lol

Magnum + FMJ
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Or you could use Tactical Knife I suppose, as long as you're not using Commando.

RavenFox

Banned
Mik2121 said:

I can also run around the map and win 1st place. That's a common occurrence.
To each his own but if you need a confined space to feel safe then your not really playing the game. Also, your absolutely right about taking folks like you out because I do it all the time.

After a long vacation from this game I'm still surprised that prestige players haven't learn how to properly hunt and kill.

aku:jiki

I just did The Loner (10 kills, no streak rewards) again, and man, it's such a pain in the ass! The amount of times you make it to 7-9 and then get revenge spawned, noobtubed, commando'd around corners and so on...shit!

USD said:
Because SitRep Pro is a million times better.
Not for a rusher.

Accidentus

Neo Member
Spinning Plates said:
I only play TDM and use headphones and a Xim360.

The Xim is a mouse+keyboard adaptor and works brilliantly with MW2.

My KD is
Aren't those against the ToS or something? Seems pretty bullshit you can use mouse/keyboard against console players.

USD

aku:jiki said:
Not for a rusher.
Maybe so, but it's a damn good at anti-rushing. :lol No Ninja Pro = no life, almost every time.

And SitRep Pro is still very useful on the move. I have the advantage in most random encounters because I'm ready for the fight before they are.

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
Be a real man and do it without Akimbo :lol

Magnum + FMJ
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

Or you could use Tactical Knife I suppose, as long as you're not using Commando.

Nah, I've barely even touched Commando this prestige; used it on my sniper class until I got Steady Aim Pro.

I'd rather use USP or M9 over the other two pistols, though. Hopefully the PS3 gets the silencer fix patch soon.

I made the ultimate anti-camper class.

ACR-Grenade Launcher
Semtex/Smoke
RPG

Marathon
Danger Close
Sitrep

I'm not a huge fan of the ACR, but a fully automatic weapon helps, and of course, you need a nubetube to kill campers. The RPG is the main thing though. Kills campers dead. I have marathon on there so I can get to the camper before his teammates surround me. And the rest is self explanatory.

I have a real obsession with killing campers. If I get killed by one, I just can't let it go. They ruin the game and must be put in their place.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Since the thread is still active, what is the best weapon to use that has the highest damage & the least amount of recoil.

I'm using the AUG machinegun with stopping power, but people seem to be killing me faster than I can kill them.

FTWer said:
Since the thread is still active, what is the best weapon to use that has the highest damage & the least amount of recoil.

I'm using the AUG machinegun with stopping power, but people seem to be killing me faster than I can kill them.

M16 probably. It has no recoil and very, very high damage. The only downside with the weapon is that if you miss, you're dead. It's too hard to adjust, at least in my experiences (and I probably have 8,000 kills with it). But if you have good aim, you're gonna get a lot of kills.

FTWer said:

Not exactly what you're looking for but L86+Grip+Stopping Power is what I use, and I get around 30K and 5D every round. You kill people so damn fast, even long shots.

Accidentus said:
Aren't those against the ToS or something? Seems pretty bullshit you can use mouse/keyboard against console players.

Well people are allowed to use steering wheels and joysticks in SFIV so why not mouse + kb?
For all this Natal/Move gimmicky casual bullshit we are about to get it is amazing how much better it feels to use mouse+kb over thumbstick when playing fps's.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
jonnybryce said:
Not exactly what you're looking for but L86+Grip+Stopping Power is what I use, and I get around 30K and 5D every round. You kill people so damn fast, even long shots.

I can vouch for this. The L86 is a monster. It absolutely shreds through people.

Mush

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm not going to believe it anymore. It's like an abusive relationship - they promise to change their ways, but they never do. I don't see how they can claim to listen to what we want when we've been screaming for an OMA-tube fix for months.
I WANT to believe him. But I just can't.

I just can't.

divisionbyzorro said:
I'm not going to believe it anymore. It's like an abusive relationship - they promise to change their ways, but they never do. I don't see how they can claim to listen to what we want when we've been screaming for an OMA-tube fix for months.
I can't believe they even treat the non-working silencers as some kind of bonus fix we might get because they're generous... They're a part of the advertised product that simply don't work - should've been fixed months ago as we've already paid for them!

And even then, like I've been saying... The new douchebag noobtube kit has Sleight of Hand and a Thumper secondary, not OMA. :/

zam

celestial body said:
If they fix boosting in FFA there's gonna be a lot of tears shed by kids out there; that playlist is infested with those shitheads.
But then we wouldn't get any more Booster Justice videos from Sandy Ravage :(

USD

zam said:
But then we wouldn't get any more Booster Justice videos from Sandy Ravage :(
15xq0et.jpg

"Boosters find a way."

k9f0c5.jpg

I received a message from this dude,that message there i did not send that message to any one,because i tough it was a fake to just trick people,but to my surprise when i booted MW2 after i read the message,all my MW2 saves were gone,the game loaded as if i was running it for the first time.

Telling me to adjust the screen,telling me about the message of the game been to strong for the airport sequence,and when i when into the menu,all my data was gone,the spec op,for the record all gone.

Have any of you hear anything of this sort.my saves were all there this morning.

Oh man, the Striker is so absolutely ridiculous on Trailer Park... Just go to the green trailer area in the middle and get whatever streak you want. I hope more people don't figure it out! :lol

Made a few minor adjustments to my classes, one of the main ones being removing Marathon from my akimbo class and putting Sleight of Hand in its place - and that was a great idea! It makes the TMP a much more viable weapon, to be sure.

Tiger uppercut said:
ugh... trying going into recovery mode?

No i haven't but how in hell can they pull this,is this damn game so fu** up that hackers can do that,or is a PS3 thing,also that dude is not on my friend list,if you get a message from some one not on your list erase it and don't read it people.

Akim

Banned
I ran into a hacker last night on Xbox Live. He had an infinite chopper gunner with auto aim. He let a nuke go that had a timer of 15 minutes.

Akim said:
I ran into a hacker last night on Xbox Live. He had an infinite chopper gunner with auto aim. He let a nuke go that had a timer of 15 minutes.

Sh** i don't know how they pull it,but if by any chance i would have send that message to my friend,i would have erase allot of files,thank god i don't like to forward sh** like that,but imagine what more they can do with this type of attack.

R2D4 said:
That's what you should be doing anyway.

I know but damn this is not a PC is a PS3,how in hell can this happen,was Linux responsible for this,because what can you do from your PS3 how can you make a message do that.?

Tormentoso said:
I know but damn this is not a PC is a PS3,how in hell can this happen,was Linux responsible for this,because what can you do from your PS3 how can you make a message do that.?

I would be completely and utterly shocked if it had anything to do with the message and wasn't just a mistake on your part.

Holy shit! The PP2000 is a fucking BEAST with Sleight of Hand, it's ridiculous! I just went 96-23 on Scrapyard using mostly the PP...woo! The fast reload helps immensly, but the real trick is the faster ADS. I haven't thought it very useful on anything but a sniper until I accidently tried it on my PP and that thing is just absolutely insane with it. :D

USD

Does anyone else lament the death of close-range hipfire battles? 90% of the battles now end with either a shotgun or a knife.

aku, can't believe you've only just discovered SoH on anything but a sniper class :lol
If you're not planning to plant claymores or use the UZI then SoH is by far the best blue perk. quick reload saves your arse on so many occassions and the pro perk swings 1v1s and laggy lobbies in your favour. Also there's the advantage of picking up a blinged weapon essentially giving you 4 perks.

zam

celestial body said:
aku, can't believe you've only just discovered SoH on anything but a sniper class :lol
If you're not planning to plant claymores or use the UZI then SoH is by far the best blue perk. quick reload saves your arse on so many occassions and the pro perk swings 1v1s and laggy lobbies in your favour. Also there's the advantage of picking up a blinged weapon essentially giving you 4 perks.
The only problem I have with SoH is that I run out of ammo way to fast when I'm using an assault rifle, other than that I would use SoH or Marathon, but I've been using the SCAR a lot lately and that thing runs out of ammo after like 4-5 kills, so scavenger is almost required..

USD

Seriously, they need to fix the weapon drops on death. Would have had a nuke today if I actually had a gun to pick up.

zam

USD said:
Seriously, they need to fix the weapon drops on death. Would have had a nuke today if I actually had a gun to pick up.
"Oh shit low on ammo, yes just managed to kill a dude with my last rounds good thing I have scavenger oh shit what the hell no deathbag FFFUUUUUCK"

Top Bottom