• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

The only glitch I've had the displeasure of ealing with lately is the invincibility glitch. Played a game yesterday against a crew of 6 knifers. Every one of them running together at top speed through a hail of bullets. Kill cam confirmed they received no damage even after unloading a full extended mags scar at close range 2 or 3 times. Everyone on our team had the same issue and just backed out.

aku:jiki

I just had an absolutely epic sniping spree on Highrise. Half the enemy team got pissed that I got them in the spawn snipe and just kept coming back over and over - went 21-0 doing nothing but sniping across the map and without launching my AC-130. Scored three collaterals in one life, and this was with the WA2000! I'm still in shock. :lol

Kujo

Wtf at the new Chopper Gunner hack... Ran into it in 3 different matches before. Basically they could shoot anywhere on the screen and it will automatically target anyone. I had Cold Blooded on and was at the opposite end of the map as my team and still got hit. Looked at the killcam and they didn't aim anywhere near me, smh

USD

I just came with a brilliant tactic on Wasteland: the fleeing attack. Instead of killing a few guys and rushing forward to eventually get wasted by painkilling freaks, I decided to sprint the other direction, turn and check for enemies, repeat. Sure enough, the guys I dropped would coming charging around the hedge, looking for blood. With the beastiness that is the FAL at range, I kept dropping them over and over, and earned myself a nice Harrier strike.

Sort of reminded me of COD4. There's absolutely nothing better than being behind enemy lines, dropping players left and right, calling an airstrike on your own position, then bailing the fuck out, explosions and death behind you. Some of my favorite COD4 moments.

I didn't get a truly beastly game today, but I had a couple of 40/10s and a 50/10. The AK-47 is a beast with Stopping Power, and the AUG is almost unfairly powerful with Stopping Power. Two hits at any distance? Plus massive bullet penetration? That's a formula for epic multi-sprays.

The highlight of the day was a serious clutch victory in TT S&D. After losing the first three rounds of offense in a truly pathetic style, we won the next four for the come-from-behind victory. This included two of us (once it was me, once it was my buddy with a <1 K/D) pulling 1v3 clutches. After that game we all had to back out and take a breather - it was the most intense game I've ever played in MW2.

In other news, I'm now level 20 in Fallout 3, with 710/1550 GS. I've put 40+ hours into it already. I swear I'm playing more video games now than I did in college. My wife would freak if she saw that playtime! :lol But I do all my chores, so it's all good!

Holy Crap Scrambler is custom tailored to my playstyle and I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.

I tried it out seriously for the first time last night SCAR H - Scavenger - Stopping Power - Scrambler (UAV,Care, Predator:lol ).

I went 20-3, 29-7, 20-5...the worst I did was like a +7 it's not the kills I am impressed by it's the deaths. I usually finish like +3 or 4. I have no idea why it compliments my play like that.

Anerythristic said:
Holy Crap Scrambler is custom tailored to my playstyle and I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.

I tried it out seriously for the first time last night SCAR H - Scavenger - Stopping Power - Scrambler (UAV,Care, Predator:lol ).

I went 20-3, 29-7, 20-5...the worst I did was like a +7 it's not the kills I am impressed by it's the deaths. I usually finish like +3 or 4. I have no idea why it compliments my play like that.

Scrambler has a tendency to draw people in to your location. It's great for baiting if you play a rushing playstyle.

We were going past a games store and my flatmate wanted to trade some stuff in today, so I decided to dump a few crappy games and get CoD4. Right now, I'm feeling it damn hard. It really is like an MW2 minus a good deal of the bullshit (though Juggernaut can eat a dick :lol).

It's too bad the whole thing is just a massive quickscope-fest and that the attack heli is fucking insane and literally constant... Other than that, I'm really liking it so far. I actually wanted to pick up WaW but they didn't have it - gonna have to get that next!

divisionbyzorro said:
I've gotten stuck in Favela multiple times, by the dumpster just outside of the Alpha plant in S&D. Fortunately mantling an object appears to turn off clipping as it plays the canned animation, so mantling onto the dumpster always frees me.
That one is actually a pain in the ass, not so much the Overgrown one. When you're attacking/defending the plant at A, you end up getting stuck quite often when bailing off the dumpster. :/

divisionbyzorro said:
Scrambler has a tendency to draw people in to your location. It's great for baiting if you play a rushing playstyle.

Yeah, people I play with kept telling me it was horrible. The first time I tried it it fit me like a glove. Alot of tough talk online how scrambler will just get you killed. I probably only ran into a handful of players that really had my number. I promise the rest showed alot of confusion during "revenge rushes" for either themselves or their friends or close quarter kills.

Also simply put the people that had my number "and knew how to handle scramblers" simply corner camped whan their radar went fuzzy. I stopped taking their bait just as they stopped taking mine. :D

So I've played only CoD4 since buying it and I'm pretty sure I'd love to like it more than MW2, but it still has the shittacular matchmaking that MW2 got a patch for - in other words, it's basically hopeless to play for a european. Most of your bullets will miss most of the time... :/

Still, some things I think are way better in CoD4:

- All weapons have a much better feel to them. Shotguns and most sniper rifles really feel like "BOOM!", the sway and minor recoil on everything else gives them a weightier feel than, say, the ACR.
- Pretty much nobody noobtubes! Danger Close is actually in CoD4 (which is something most of us have forgotten about, it seems), but nobody uses it...
- Sniping is actually awesome.
- Restrictions! Can't equip that attachment with that perk and so on - why are there no restrictions in MW2 whatsoever?
- Handguns can actually kill people without involving massive amounts of luck!
- The lighting is actually much better-looking in MW1 - I had totally forgotten this. I love the glowy feel of Bloc, the streams of light in Vacant and so on.
- It seems like lag goes both ways here much more than it does in MW2. The guy you can't kill can't kill you either, which he seems to be able to in MW2.

Some things that really suck in CoD4:

- It's a complete cesspool of zzirGrizz wannabeism. Literally every single match has at least 2 guys running around with M40A3 ACOG trying to 720 noscope and shit. Every single match. I just played a match on Strike where everybody on the opposing team took two steps out of their spawn, then parked themselves with an M40A3 - literally every single player on their team. Kinda sad.
- The lag mentioned above. As a euro, you have to play this in the daytime to stand a chance. At night, there will be only US hosts picked and 70% of your shots will miss for no reason. :(
- The player base is really, really...stupid. I thought the MW2 community was stupid, but MW1 is really bad. The kids are great at quickscoping and aiming in general, and everybody knows about spawn-nades and stuff like that, but they are shockingly bad at strategy and tactics. I'm constantly facepalming when I die and spectate in S&D in MW1, whereas I only have to facepalm once an hour or so when playing MW2. Maybe I've been having bad luck with my teammates since I re-bought the game, but I thought this was really peculiar...

zam

aku:jiki said:
So I've played only CoD4 since buying it and I'm pretty sure I'd love to like it more than MW2, but it still has the shittacular matchmaking that MW2 got a patch for - in other words, it's basically hopeless to play for a european. Most of your bullets will miss most of the time... :/

Still, some things I think are way better in CoD4:

- All weapons have a much better feel to them. Shotguns and most sniper rifles really feel like "BOOM!", the sway and minor recoil on everything else gives them a weightier feel than, say, the ACR.
- Pretty much nobody noobtubes! Danger Close is actually in CoD4 (which is something most of us have forgotten about, it seems), but nobody uses it...
- Sniping is actually awesome.
- Restrictions! Can't equip that attachment with that perk and so on - why are there no restrictions in MW2 whatsoever?
- Handguns can actually kill people without involving massive amounts of luck!
- The lighting is actually much better-looking in MW1 - I had totally forgotten this. I love the glowy feel of Bloc, the streams of light in Vacant and so on.
- It seems like lag goes both ways here much more than it does in MW2. The guy you can't kill can't kill you either, which he seems to be able to in MW2.

Some things that really suck in CoD4:

- It's a complete cesspool of zzirGrizz wannabeism. Literally every single match has at least 2 guys running around with M40A3 ACOG trying to 720 noscope and shit. Every single match. I just played a match on Strike where everybody on the opposing team took two steps out of their spawn, then parked themselves with an M40A3 - literally every single player on their team. Kinda sad.
- The lag mentioned above. As a euro, you have to play this in the daytime to stand a chance. At night, there will be only US hosts picked and 70% of your shots will miss for no reason. :(
- The player base is really, really...stupid. I thought the MW2 community was stupid, but MW1 is really bad. The kids are great at quickscoping and aiming in general, and everybody knows about spawn-nades and stuff like that, but they are shockingly bad at strategy and tactics. I'm constantly facepalming when I die and spectate in S&D in MW1, whereas I only have to facepalm once an hour or so when playing MW2. Maybe I've been having bad luck with my teammates since I re-bought the game, but I thought this was really peculiar...

Stop playing cod4 and come play mw2 with us, we've missed you :(

I went 50-3 on Scrapyard. My best game ever.

- AUG H-Bar/grip and an M1014/grip
- Sleight of Hand Pro
- Stopping Power Pro
- Sit Rep Pro
- Semtex and Flash
- Predator, Harrier, Pavelow

Nope, wasn't just bad luck, there really is no strategy left in CoD4. Almost every single Domination match has B left untaken because nobody can be bothered - they're way too busy running around quickscoping with the M40A3 to try to get their zzirGrizz montage kills. That's truly literally what everybody does in the game now, it's pretty sad/funny. :lol

How come nobody told these kids that nobody wants to see M40A3 montages anymore? It's been 3 years, kids! The fad's been over for like 2 years now! I mean, 90% of the weapons on the ground are M40A3's and maps like Wetwork is nothing but both teams having run and gun sniper duels. It's actually pretty hilarious now that I think about it... :lol

zam said:
Stop playing cod4 and come play mw2 with us, we've missed you :(
I'll be playing both from now on, and WaW if/when I pick it up... You should re-buy that shit ASAP and join me.

butts

I swear tube classes are becoming even more prevalent. It is getting to the point where I can't play this game for more than a few rounds without wanting to throw my controller against the wall.

I think I'm done for a while unless they really address this shit.

Nope, wasn't just bad luck, there really is no strategy left in CoD4. Almost every single Domination match has B left untaken because nobody can be bothered - they're way too busy running around quickscoping with the M40A3 to try to get their zzirGrizz montage kills. That's truly literally what everybody does in the game now, it's pretty sad/funny. :lol

Machinima needs to put the lockdown on this. They need to take a stance and say that they will no longer feature these sorts of montages, and in fact the community should stand up and say they don't want it. They shouldn't be honoring that sort of playstyle - it hurts the game.

divisionbyzorro said:
Machinima needs to put the lockdown on this. They need to take a stance and say that they will no longer feature these sorts of montages, and in fact the community should stand up and say they don't want it. They shouldn't be honoring that sort of playstyle - it hurts the game.
Oh, very much agreed! The other day, they posted someone going flawless...by camping one area and ignoring the objective. Come on, Machinima, really? That's not even impressive at all!

Speaking of Machinima, it seems SeaNanners got a full-time job making videos there. He even had to relocate to their office location... How awesome is that? :D

Accidentus

Neo Member
divisionbyzorro said:
SeaNanners dropshots everytime and I find that to be just as annoying imo. I know he's defended it by saying he's just utilizing a game mechanic but I feel like it's against the spirit of the game (if that makes sense). Well then how about OMA tubing? Isn't that just a game mechanic? It's just annoying a hell to play against these sorts of people and makes the game less enjoyable.

With all these games coming out (and way too many games that I'm still yet to play) I've managed to convince myself to play less MW2. For a while it was almost the only game I was playing. I have something ridiculous like 400 hours racked up for it (halfway through 8th prestige).

But the new maps are really threatening to draw me back in. It's just the 1200 point barrier that is hard to get around. I was ok with it for Stimulus, but I was about to buy Resergence and thought to myself "2400 points for maps? Really?"

Activision really are getting away with murder. And the problem is that I just know I'll buy them.

Anyone who wants to send Activision a message should try out the Medal of Honor beta and see if that game works for them instead of blindly buying Black Ops this fall. If I like MoH enough I'm going to go with it simply because I want to do my part in discouraging Activision's business practices.

We should all give it a shot, at least.

I sold off my copy of MW2 months ago, so Ive pretty much been doing a lot of CoD4 and to just comment.... this, this, this, this......... THIS.

I joined once domination match where between my team and the other team, there were NINE unique M40A3 WITH ACOG users. I can't speak for the ones on my team, but everyone on the other team were using the quickscope/aim assist "trick".

But yeah, if youre lucky, there will only be one or two in a match. Still love this game though.

Accidentus said:
SeaNanners dropshots everytime and I find that to be just as annoying imo. I know he's defended it by saying he's just utilizing a game mechanic but I feel like it's against the spirit of the game (if that makes sense). Well then how about OMA tubing? Isn't that just a game mechanic? It's just annoying a hell to play against these sorts of people and makes the game less enjoyable.

I dunno; the game has a control scheme deliberately meant to encourage dropshotting. It's a technique that certainly isn't guaranteed to always work, and it's one of the least offensive things in this game :lol. And if you get caught dropshotting, you're basically giving away a free headshot. But I certainly wouldn't cry if future CoD games made your accuracy go to shit while in the process of going prone.

And to be fair, I don't have a problem with quick-scoping. I have a problem with featuring no-scoping and 360/720/1080/1337 spins because those are literally dice rolls. Featuring those sorts of kills where the dude literally just got lucky is incredibly stupid.

If you want to see an excellent Machinima video, Jaxxo just guest-hosted a no-killstreak nuke featuring a guy playing Domination without camping (much). His opponents were pretty much idiots (which is the only way to get a nuke without killstreaks), but his tactics are admirable and he deserves the nuke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbA0pRcecc

Genesis Knight said:
Anyone who wants to send Activision a message should try out the Medal of Honor beta and see if that game works for them instead of blindly buying Black Ops this fall. If I like MoH enough I'm going to go with it simply because I want to do my part in discouraging Activision's business practices.

I refuse to support the monetization of betas. I will not pre-order MoH just to get into the beta.

EDIT: I will, however, play the beta if someone gifts me a code for it :)

USD

USD said:
So after exactly 1000 matches, here's what my stats look like.

Time played: 4d 12h 57m

Wins: 558 (1.27 Win ratio)
Losses: 440
Ties: 2

Kills: 12709 (1.54 K/D)
Deaths: 8261
Headshots: 1322
Assists: 1203

Longest kill streak: 29
Accuracy: 23.15%

Highest Accolades:
Killed entire team: 376
Longest distance traveled: 244
Most flashbang hits: 237
Most time spent sprinting: 236
Most AR headshots: 218

3 Nukes (All with in the last week too)
Here's where I'm at after 2000 matches:

Time played: 8d 20h 55m

Wins: 1199 (1.51 Win ratio)
Losses: 796
Ties: 5

Kills: 25905 (1.79 K/D)
Deaths: 14474
Headshots: 3367
Assists: 2542

Longest kill streak: 35
Accuracy: 24.41%

Highest Accolades:
Killed entire team: 772
Most AR headshots: 624
Most flashbang hits: 501
No deaths from behind: 482
Highest K/D ratio: 467
Most AR kills: 467

18 Nukes

The biggest difference is the massive jump in headshots, from 1322 to 3367. 13% of my kills are headshots (and that includes killstreaks and all non-firearm kills, which bring the percentage down). This is the godliness that is the FAL.

The other surprising things is I haven't really been getting kills at a higher rate, I've just been dying at a slower rate.

mojiimbo

Anyone know if you can counter assholes who glitch inside of the rock in Fuel? Are they at least susceptible to air support damage?

mojiimbo said:
Anyone know if you can counter assholes who glitch inside of the rock in Fuel? Are they at least susceptible to air support damage?
You can kill them with bullets! I suggest equipping an LMG and going to town on that rock. :D

Was playing a match yesterday where three guys on the opposing team spent the whole time getting into the rock, getting killed by me and then trying to go back there over and over... Thanks for the free M21 kills, I guess. :lol

Genesis Knight said:

So I take it Black Op's isnt planning to have a beta than? That sucks because I was planning to use the beta as a demo, I am wary of buying it without try it first.

It also sucks that you need to pre order to get into the MoH beta, im hoping there are some other routes to entry before release.

bobs99 ... said:
So I take it Black Op's isnt planning to have a beta than? That sucks because I was planning to use the beta as a demo, I am wary of buying it without try it first.

It also sucks that you need to pre order to get into the MoH beta, im hoping there are some other routes to entry before release.

Don't know about a Black Ops beta - don't think it's been announced either way. I'm just preordering and then cancelling to get into the MoH beta, so they can't really monetize my participation, at least.

Pulka

I came up with an awesome "tactic" with emergency airdrop.
Use Predator, Precision Airstrike or Harrier and Emergency Airdrop.
Get all your killstreaks, place your emergency airdrop, use your airstrike on is and get triple kills.

KaYotiX said:
MoH beta is open to everyone on the 21st.

Hmm are you sure? I had a quick look and saw this:

The Medal of Honor beta for the Xbox 360 is delayed, but it is expected to be available next week. We are extremely disappointed about this, but want to assure you that we are dedicated and determined to delivering all of you this awesome multiplayer experience as soon as possible. However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time! The beta will continue as planned for the PlayStation 3 and PC. For these platforms, the beta starts on June 21st. However, players who own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and have pre-ordered will be able to enter on June 17th. More information and beta availability updates can be found at www.medalofhonor.com/betainfo.

So it seems like the Beta starts on the 21'st, but you need to have pre-ordered to get in. =(

As for the whole dropshotting debate, it somehow doesnt seem as bad as noob tubers/ knife runners, as it actually seems to either require skill or I just havent seen many people try it yet. Maybe ive been lucky but ive rarely seen them, or ive killed them before theyve pulled it off.

I guess making accuracy go to shit while going prone would be a good idea though, perhaps they could even have a perk which counters this?

bobs99 ... said:
I guess making accuracy go to shit while going prone would be a good idea though, perhaps they could even have a perk which counters this?

Yeah - once prone you shouldn't have any penalty, but you shouldn't be able to hit the broadside of a barn while falling. Or maybe just make it where you can't ADS while dropping; that would probably suffice.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Stupid Fuel rock glitch.. So annoying.

Although it is nice to kill al the peolple constantly trying to do it.

So I got a hate message calling me a "nonprestige f**" the other day. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out the word I've censored. These babies must really be running out of stuff to whine about. :lol

USD

ThirstyFly said:
So I got a hate message calling me a "nonprestige f**" the other day. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out the word I've censored. These babies must really be running out of stuff to whine about. :lol
I've had the same thing happen to me. Doesn't make any goddamn sense. :lol

ThirstyFly said:
:lol

One of my favorites is when a bunch of ACR users accused my team of being noobs for using the RPD and the MG4. Their argument was that we can just slam down on RT and get free kills but their weapons required skill. It was like reverse day or something. :lol

One of my favorites is when a bunch of ACR users accused my team of being noobs for using the RPD and the MG4. Their argument was that we can just slam down on RT and get free kills but their weapons required skill. It was like reverse day or something. :lol

I don't know about you, but whenever I die, it's never my fault. It's always because the other guy is so horrible at this game that he has to resort to the cheapest tactics possible. That's the only explanation because I'm too good to die to random pubby scrubs. I run into a lot of cheap players online too, and I make sure that they know just how horrible they are at the end of every match (especially the ones where they manage to win with their bullshit). Sometimes it makes me want to stop playing, but I have to keep playing and recording my matches; I've got a badass Intervention no-scope montage that I'm working on, and I still need seven more nukes for the nuke emblem. I would have had it by now if it wasn't for those cheap scrubs and their AK-47s. I know I could just join a prestige lobby, but I refuse because everything about me is legit!

Eric WK

zam said:
"Oh shit low on ammo, yes just managed to kill a dude with my last rounds good thing I have scavenger oh shit what the hell no deathbag FFFUUUUUCK"

Hey, what platform are you playing this on? I remember we used to play one shooter or another on 360, but I don't think you're on my list anymore.

I just picked it back up along with the map packs and need people to play with. /cry

Top Bottom