• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

aku:jiki

Wow, I had totally forgotten how broken Headquarters is in CoD4. I tried to play some tonight because it seems to be the quickest way to level up, but it's just unendurable. At the start of a match, the game randomly picks a team to win. That team then gets to spawn right beside the HQ for the rest of the match, while the other team spawns as far away as possible. Consistently and in every match I've played today (which is a lot). I guess the spawns in MW2 are actually improved! :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
EDIT 2: And it should give rise to some new awesome Machinima videos. There's now a new challenge for those vidmakers - see how high they can get their scores without any killstreak rewards to help or hinder.
Ever since SeaNanners did it a few times, the cool thing for commentators has been to nuke without other killstreaks. I still haven't even gotten close to that. :(

Speaking of, I can't be the only one who misses the "(x) KILL STREAK!" pop-up and killfeed bit from CoD4? Keeps me more focused when I know where I'm at. :D

fourzerotwo said:
@MissKuckeli We're looking into a patch to address OMA (noobtube spam) rather than a playlist update. I'll keep you posted.

There you go. Bowling officially mentions the grenade launcher as the main event of the OMA patch.

Ovid

I swear IW can't seem to get anything right. Why the hell do they have a FFA and Team Deathmatch mashup with a maximum of 8 players? Come on man.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm absolutely loving Barebones Pro. This may turn out to be my favorite playlist from here on out. The only thing I dislike is FFA being included with TDM. I wish it was strictly a TDM playlist but I'm lovin it nonetheless.

Credit to 402 for pushing this through at zombie IW.

kamspy

Looks like a tasty play list. I wish they'd have taken it a step further and greatly reduced the point rewards for kills in objective games.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Cerrius said:
I'm absolutely loving Barebones Pro. This may turn out to be my favorite playlist from here on out. The only thing I dislike is FFA being included with TDM. I wish it was strictly a TDM playlist but I'm lovin it nonetheless.

I will be picking MW2 up again for this.

AnEternalEnigma said:
There you go. Bowling officially mentions the grenade launcher as the main event of the OMA patch.
I don't get it though...

1887s are too powerful!! Neuter that shit so they're no fun!!

Lightweight is too fast!!!! Quick, make it useless! Now you'll have no reason to run Lightweight, you silly runners!!!! Suck on that!!

People are using One Man Army to make themselves a one-man army!!!!11!1!!1! How dare they??!? If they can fire noob tubes and then reload and then fire more noob tubes... they'd be a veritable One Man Army! That's not fair! Break that so only the Scavengers can fire limitless noob tubes!!!!

And then break Scavenger! And while we're at it, Ninja Pro it too f'ing powerful!!!!!!

Eventually everyone will have an assault rifle, bling, stopping power, and steady aim and the game will be like COD4 with an extra attachment.

I get it, people hate so-called exploits. I also get that the game is dynamic and supposed to be different from the original. Let's keep it that way.

At least you don't have 3 Frags anymore. :lol

DeuceMojo said:
I don't get it though...

1887s are too powerful!! Neuter that shit so they're no fun!!

Lightweight is too fast!!!! Quick, make it useless! Now you'll have no reason to run Lightweight, you silly runners!!!! Suck on that!!

People are using One Man Army to make themselves a one-man army!!!!11!1!!1! How dare they??!? If they can fire noob tubes and then reload and then fire more noob tubes... they'd be a veritable One Man Army! That's not fair! Break that so only the Scavengers can fire limitless noob tubes!!!!

And then break Scavenger! And while we're at it, Ninja Pro it too f'ing powerful!!!!!!

Eventually everyone will have an assault rifle, bling, stopping power, and steady aim and the game will be like COD4 with an extra attachment.

I get it, people hate so-called exploits. I also get that the game is dynamic and supposed to be different from the original. Let's keep it that way.

At least you don't have 3 Frags anymore. :lol

To be honest, OMA isn't the problem. I'd rather see the GL attachment be completely removed than see OMA nerfed, but I'll take what I can get.

DaFish

Outdoor Miner said:
I wish they had a no killstreaks no attachments playlist. Call it "Ironman". :D
A straight up "Gun Fight" is what I wish for... No toobs, no knives, no nothing...

Just guns, yo!

aku:jiki

Man, sustaining a decent KD in CoD4 is literally impossible nowadays. I try to stay versatile and use different kits for different maps or situations...but nobody else does. It's all M40A3 ACOG all day - you get buzzkilled by some bullshit snipe literally constantly. Not only that, but I always get put on the horrendous team where everybody goes 3-50 and the best I can do is barely break even.

I still think I prefer how CoD4 plays - maybe only because nobody noobtubes and there is no laggy Commando - but this is getting so god damn tiresome. :(

DeuceMojo said:
There is massive versatility in the game even if the noobtube is completely removed. Really don't see your point, or why you would even defend that BS. Are you a dirty noobtuber?

DaFish said:
A straight up "Gun Fight" is what I wish for... No toobs, no knives, no nothing...

Just guns, yo!

It's too bad that the default classes aren't particularly well-built. If they made the default classes a bit more balanced, a "default classes only" playlist could actually be kinda fun. Sadly, the only good default class is "First Recon," so that doesn't work particularly well.

CozMick said:
I would take Martyrdom over OMA & Marathon/Commando/Lightweight combo

..................there, I fucking said it!

Agreed. I was never really bothered by Martyrdom anyway.

Outdoor Miner said:
How is World at War these days? I never tried the game but figure I might give it a shot since I'm kinda burning out on MW2.

I tried getting back into WaW on PS3 a week or so ago and sadly the player base just isn't there anymore. The only mode that even had enough people playing it to constantly find matches was Team Deathmatch (yawn) and I ran into a few players that were lagging the hell out of everything and made themselves almost invincible. It might be a totally different story on 360 if that's what you play on though.

Too bad too, I really liked WaW and I LOVED the DLC maps.

Mileena

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
It's too bad that the default classes aren't particularly well-built. If they made the default classes a bit more balanced, a "default classes only" playlist could actually be kinda fun. Sadly, the only good default class is "First Recon," so that doesn't work particularly well.
There's a Scavenger tube class and a knife class in the defaults so that would be worse than normal playlists.

Fully agree on Martyrdom as well, it would kill me on a very rare occasion whereas I feel like I'm getting Commando'd from 100 feet away or OMA tubed every other death nowadays.

corkscrewblow said:
There's a Scavenger tube class and a knife class in the defaults so that would be worse than normal playlists.

Fully agree on Martyrdom as well, it would kill me on a very rare occasion whereas I feel like I'm getting Commando'd from 100 feet away or OMA tubed every other death nowadays.

The "First Recon" class doesn't have commando; it's Marathon/Lightweight/Ninja, UMP+Holo, Magnum+Tac. Knife. And the "Grenadier" class doesn't have Danger Close; it's Scavenger/Stopping Power/Commando (?), Famas + GL, SPAS-12.

But as I said - that sort of playlist only makes sense when the default classes are well built. An M/L/N class without a silencer? Scavenger/NoobTubes without Danger Close (not that I'm condoning this, but why go Scav/GL with SP)? Bling with an AT-4 secondary? A sniper with Cold Blooded and Scrambler? WTF?

kuYuri

Outdoor Miner said:
I wish they had a no killstreaks no attachments playlist. Call it "Ironman". :D

I call that "Call of Duty 2".

Seriously guys, if you're asking for no perks and no attachments, you're better off just getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B63RSA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

divisionbyzorro said:
The "First Recon" class doesn't have commando; it's Marathon/Lightweight/Ninja, UMP+Holo, Magnum+Tac. Knife. And the "Grenadier" class doesn't have Danger Close; it's Scavenger/Stopping Power/Commando (?), Famas + GL, SPAS-12.

But as I said - that sort of playlist only makes sense when the default classes are well built. An M/L/N class without a silencer? Scavenger/NoobTubes without Danger Close (not that I'm condoning this, but why go Scav/GL with SP)? Bling with an AT-4 secondary? A sniper with Cold Blooded and Scrambler? WTF?

"Grenadier" and "First Recon" are well built default classes for the most part. I mean, you don't need Danger Close to make a Grenade Launcher good, it's already good as it is.

Only problem I have with "Overwatch" is that Danger Close only benefits the AT4, which you can only use once. Otherwise, L86 Bling with Grip and RDS is fine I think.

Strider2K99 said:
"Grenadier" and "First Recon" are well built default classes for the most part. I mean, you don't need Danger Close to make a Grenade Launcher good, it's already good as it is.

Only problem I have with "Overwatch" is that Danger Close only benefits the AT4, which you can only use once. Otherwise, L86 Bling with Grip and RDS is fine I think.

First Recon is definitely the best of the bunch, although why you would build a running/flanker class without a silencer is beyond me. If you're going to go unsilenced, you should use Steady Aim.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
First Recon is definitely the best of the bunch, although why you would build a running/flanker class without a silencer is beyond me. If you're going to go unsilenced, you should use Steady Aim.

Well, at least it has Ninja, for those first 29 levels in case you face those HBS users.

USD

I finally did it. 750 enemy devices destroyed. Easily the most tedious of the Perk challenges to complete. I'm never doing that again.

USD said:
I finally did it. 750 enemy devices destroyed. Easily the most tedious of the Perk challenges to complete. I'm never doing that again.
You wouldn't happen to be wearing the EOD/SitRep icon callsign combination and running around with a USP .45, would you?

corkscrewblow said:
OMA tubing and knife running class are far more bullshit than 3 frags ever was.

This x100. I'd much rather have 3 Frags back than this Commando bullshit. I seriously hope that whoever at Infinity Ward thought Commando would be a fun concept has very terrible things happen to them.

Loxley

Outdoor Miner said:
How is World at War these days? I never tried the game but figure I might give it a shot since I'm kinda burning out on MW2.

I picked it up for the 360 a month ago and the community is definitely alive and kicking. Around 40,000+ people playing on the average night, I never have any trouble finding any games.

I messed around with the PC version, but never took it very seriously. I've come to actually enjoy WaW a lot, and I find I do better in it than I ever did in CoD4 for some reason (despite my tendency to stick to the semi-auto rifles). Fun game :D

USD

Amerowolf said:
You wouldn't happen to be wearing the EOD/SitRep icon callsign combination and running around with a USP .45, would you?
?

I did switch my icon to SitRep, but I usually go with Reversal of Fortune/Eight ball. The only secondary I use with some sort of frequency is the Stinger, and that's after switching classes using OMA.

Kujo

USD said:
If you think that's bad, I'm trying to do the 1000 kill challenge for the Helicopter (7KS). I average 1 kill with it for each time I put one up. *shudder*

Mojo said:
If you think that's bad, I'm trying to do the 1000 kill challenge for the Helicopter (7KS). I average 1 kill with it for each time I put one up. *shudder*

Play hardcore. The Attack Heli is actually safer than the Harrier in Ricochet modes anyway, since it's impossible to TK with it.

Ovid

divisionbyzorro said:
Play hardcore. The Attack Heli is actually safer than the Harrier in Ricochet modes anyway, since it's impossible to TK with it.
I think Hardcore would be the way to go too. It's also a good mode to use when doing the headshot challenges.

R2D4

Banned
I'd pay another $60 just for the feature of being able to select what maps you want to play and block the rest from coming up. I'm about 50/50 love and cannot stand.

USD

What they need to do is make a COD4 mode.

Fixed killstreaks: UAV, Airstrike (now at 5), Attack Helicopter (optional fourth: Nuke)
Shotguns primary again, No machine pistols, Launchers moved to Equipment
No Pro perks (with slight adjustment. Iron Lung reintroduced, for example)
No death perks
Grenade Launchers disable Perk 1 (Grip is fine)
Idle sway for all automatic ARs and the UMP. Idles like the G36c from COD4 (less idle when crouched, even less when prone)
Some other things I could probably think of later.

It will never happen, but one can dream.

Stantron

I wish extended mags took the place of your primary and/or secondary frag(s) instead of an attachment slot. Most guns desperately need a sight attachment, so sacrificing that for extra mags is not worth it. Neither is Bling, because in that case, you might as well just use Scavenger Pro, which already gives you more ammo plus the option to pick up more on the battle field.

Stantron

purple cobra said:
Did that happen on PS3? I'm on PS3 and I swear that happened to me in the past. I play at 4 sensitivity and I swore that everything felt slower to me one time and when I went to the options menu it seemed like the sens had been lowered.
No, random aim sensitivity change happens to me on 360. Guess it's universal. Good to know I'm not losing it. :lol

USD said:
What they need to do is make a COD4 mode.

Fixed killstreaks: UAV, Airstrike (now at 5), Attack Helicopter (optional fourth: Nuke)
Shotguns primary again, No machine pistols, Launchers moved to Equipment
No Pro perks (with slight adjustment. Iron Lung reintroduced, for example)
No death perks
Grenade Launchers disable Perk 1 (Grip is fine)
Idle sway for all automatic ARs and the UMP. Idles like the G36c from COD4 (less idle when crouched, even less when prone)
Some other things I could probably think of later.

It will never happen, but one can dream.

They did. Two years ago.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/f0000007-0000-4000-8000-0000415607e6?cid=SLink

smh

Top Bottom