• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

DeuceMojo said:
I don't get it though...

1887s are too powerful!! Neuter that shit so they're no fun!!

Lightweight is too fast!!!! Quick, make it useless! Now you'll have no reason to run Lightweight, you silly runners!!!! Suck on that!!

People are using One Man Army to make themselves a one-man army!!!!11!1!!1! How dare they??!? If they can fire noob tubes and then reload and then fire more noob tubes... they'd be a veritable One Man Army! That's not fair! Break that so only the Scavengers can fire limitless noob tubes!!!!

And then break Scavenger! And while we're at it, Ninja Pro it too f'ing powerful!!!!!!

Eventually everyone will have an assault rifle, bling, stopping power, and steady aim and the game will be like COD4 with an extra attachment.

I get it, people hate so-called exploits. I also get that the game is dynamic and supposed to be different from the original. Let's keep it that way.

At least you don't have 3 Frags anymore. :lol

Well for me I didnt hate Dual Shotties because theyre an 'exploit', I hated them because they turned the gameplay into shit, same with noob tubes and knife runners. They just devolve the game.

Meh I dont mind killstreaks much, if this playlists stops the camping ill be all for it, but its the noob tubes and knives that I want nerfed.

Sandy Ravage has put another video up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EIMO2FtzFI

Just incredible, he's the best player i've seen and by far the best rusher. I don't know whether not prestiging has helped him in the matchmaking but nonetheless it's impressive. He has a stream up at justin.tv and a lot of saved footage there so i can tell you this is not a one off thing like a lot of other montage makers who go say 4 in 25 just to get some stupid no scope anyone could do given enough time.

Speaking of which, I came across my first sniper montage clan in regular tdm. They just kept jumping off the cliff in afghan trying 360's, I don't think they landed one, I think the score was literally something like 7500-1800 and it's by far the quickest match i've ever been in. Certainly the quickest pavelow i've ever had, that 5 multikill with the predator helping somewhat..

oh and check out his stream and other videos, he doesn't just use spas and ump.

celestial body said:

Just incredible, he's the best player i've seen and by far the best rusher. I don't know whether not prestiging has helped him in the matchmaking but nonetheless it's impressive. He has a stream up at justin.tv and a lot of saved footage there so i can tell you this is not a one off thing like a lot of other montage makers who go say 4 in 25 just to get some stupid no scope anyone could do given enough time.

Speaking of which, I came across my first sniper montage clan in regular tdm. They just kept jumping off the cliff in afghan trying 360's, I don't think they landed one, I think the score was literally something like 7500-1800 and it's by far the quickest match i've ever been in. Certainly the quickest pavelow i've ever had, that 5 multikill with the predator helping somewhat..

Im beast with the spaz, but this guy takes it to another level

FUCK

celestial body said:

I've watched some of his ustreams before,and yeah, he's very consistent. It boggles my mind how good he is. I honestly don't understand how he does it.

celestial body said:

It's hilarious seeing people running around trying to replicate those vids and failing spectacularly.

aku:jiki

Woo, just pulled off a quad spray in CoD4 - with the G3! :D I was aiming at one dude and knew there was another one around the corner...apparently they had two buddies I didn't even see. I thought I got only one of them, then I got UAV and looked at the killfeed and was like WUUUT. :lol :lol

Stantron said:
I wish extended mags took the place of your primary and/or secondary frag(s) instead of an attachment slot. Most guns desperately need a sight attachment, so sacrificing that for extra mags is not worth it. Neither is Bling, because in that case, you might as well just use Scavenger Pro, which already gives you more ammo plus the option to pick up more on the battle field.
You seem confused, man. Extended Mags don't give you extra bullets.

celestial body said:
Haha, I love seeing that stuff. I had a similar experience yesterday, Demo on Skidrow. 3 or 4 of them all stopped and noscoped through the aluminum wall by the parking lot... None of us even went that way! :lol

aku:jiki said:
You seem confused, man. Extended Mags don't give you extra bullets

He's also confused because most guns don't need sights.

Seriously, if anyone hasn't learned to deal with iron sights yet, start learning. I use Holo Sights on the guns that get advantages from them (FAL, M16), and I use RDS on the FAMAS because it's the only gun with iron sights I can't handle. Everything else has flexibility; I can use a sight if I feel like it, but typically I use silencers, FMJ, or extended mags.

biggkidd32 said:
What perks does he regularly use?

Faily standard. he usually runs:

UMP/silencer
Spas/grip
Semtex (never seen him with claymores)

Marathon (when rushing like crazy) / SoH (with ARs)
Stopping Power sometimes lightweight
Ninja sometimes Steady aim

However I have seen him with all SMGs, the burst ARs, ACR and TAR. Don't think ive seen him with a sniper rifle though.

He's insane with the burst ARs, then again if you have great aim, you can do some serious damage with those two weapons.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
celestial body said:

Meh, one shot kill weapon & him knowing the enemy spawn points.

Sandy Ravage for sure is a spawn point master, what impresses me most about him is he seems to know player behavior as well, it almost makes him look like he has spider sense :lol . I shoot this guy in the back and they are going to attack me from this doorway riiiggghhtt about now! blam

celestial body said:

Wow, that's incredible.

R2D4

Banned
What I like most about his videos are the music and the cut scenes from movies he splices in. And the Duke Nukem and UT sound bytes. He can also blindly throw a semtex and you see the "STUCK" text come up every time.

R2D4 said:
What I like most about his videos are the music and the cut scenes from movies he splices in. And the Duke Nukem and UT sound bytes. He can also blindly throw a semtex and you see the "STUCK" text come up every time.

It's a montage. You know that random semtex sticks are one in a million.

Outdoor Miner said:
It's hilarious seeing people running around trying to replicate those vids and failing spectacularly.

You have to admit though, seeing him do all that crazy shit makes you wanna go attempt it too.

I think I'm gonna go do it right now just for the fun of it. :lol

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay. If it's so easy, you go out and do it and bring us back a montage.

Its impressive play sure, but my hatred of the shotgun makes me loath that montage. :lol Fair play to him though, he puts himself in danger and seems to do well, hes not just camping but I can be as quick as him and get bullshitted with my connection.

Not sure what to say really, its impressive play, but hes using a weapon I hate. :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
celestial body said:

As someone who rushes in every shooter I play myself, I love this - makes me want to start playing this game again...

Stantron

You seem confused, man. Extended Mags don't give you extra bullets.
Yeah, I learned this myself last night by giving them a try. I think I always assumed this because the icon seems to imply that you are carrying more mags. OK, makes sense now.

divisionbyzorro said:
He's also confused because most guns don't need sights.

Seriously, if anyone hasn't learned to deal with iron sights yet, start learning. I use Holo Sights on the guns that get advantages from them (FAL, M16), and I use RDS on the FAMAS because it's the only gun with iron sights I can't handle. Everything else has flexibility; I can use a sight if I feel like it, but typically I use silencers, FMJ, or extended mags.
I wouldn't say I'm confused about this, but point taken.

vhfive

bobs99 ... said:
Its impressive play sure, but my hatred of the shotgun makes me loath that montage. :lol Fair play to him though, he puts himself in danger and seems to do well, hes not just camping but I can be as quick as him and get bullshitted with my connection.

Not sure what to say really, its impressive play, but hes using a weapon I hate. :lol
Makes me wonder if he pulls host most of the time. I have a class like that (ump/spas) but all most never works because of my connection (when I do get host it's glorious though)

Guy Legend

Anyone want to play some spec ops coop on PS3? I wouldn't mind getting some help going through some levels. I'm starting to get owned even on regular in some of the delta chapters...

I can't use burst fire weapons in this game with the exception of the Raffica. It's weird because I was completely capable with the M16 in COD 4. It just seems like you die a lot faster in this game so if you miss the first burst you're generally screwed. Anyone else experience this?

kuYuri

Akim said:
Does anyone have an idea on how much of these level 70 10 prestige guys on xbox live are actually legit?

There are some yes, but the majority are not. If they have the spinning 10th prestige icon as their emblem equipped, they definitely reached that rank through hacking.

cdyhybrid

Sandy Ravage video is amazing, but I'm 99% sure he has host that entire time :lol Not a knock against him, but I fail to see how he could pull off some of that without a flawless connection. Definitely incredibly skilled though. His twitch puts mine to shame.

RE: The 10th Prestige lvl 70s...I'd probably say a good deal of them are legit by now. I have a friend who's P10L70 and did it legit, and I'm at P9L46 (I think?) entirely legit even though I'm not one of those guys who averages 25+ kills a game (really only get that high when I get my killstreaks, usually average in the high teens/low 20s because I play more defensively). The game's been out long enough for people who play a lot to hit the cap in a legit fashion.

Quick question

I previously owned MW2 but now that I have a new console I was wondering whether or not your Rank is linked to your save data on your HDD or your gamertag because I'm thinking of buying the game again, but don't want to start from Rank 1

Sealda

Banned
Anyone can do a cool montage...

Am i the only feeling montages are very COD4ish? Now days most youtube uploads upload full matches when they are trying to prove skills or show something.

EDIT: I do not see the point with that Sandy video more than to show some "mayhem" i mean that is how you play shotguns if you use them as main. You just run around and get 2-3 guys rambo style. Sometimes like 3 times a night you might get 4-5 people in one rush.

Meus Renaissance said:
Quick question

I previously owned MW2 but now that I have a new console I was wondering whether or not your Rank is linked to your save data on your HDD or your gamertag because I'm thinking of buying the game again, but don't want to start from Rank 1

Recover your GT and you'll have your unlocks and ranks.

aku:jiki

I feel like I just achieved the crowning moment in my CoD career :)lol) - I managed to go something like 65-10 in CoD4! On Bog! Without sniping! With an M60 without grip! I still have no idea what happened. :lol

vhfive said:
Makes me wonder if he pulls host most of the time.
He has to, but the thing is that getting host isn't enough - all the other players have to have a good connection to him as well. I have no idea how all these youtubers manage to avoid this... I always get a laggy american (since I'm european) in my matches and, of course, he always buzzkills me with his slideshowing. What magic are the youtubers pulling to get rid of these guys?

Meus Renaissance said:
Quick question

Your rank and unlocks is in your gamertag, so you should be good. I just re-bought CoD4, 2 years and 1 360 later, and all my stuff was still there.

Sealda said:
Am i the only feeling montages are very COD4ish? Now days most youtube uploads upload full matches when they are trying to prove skills or show something.
Boring montages with just random sniping clips with a song tossed on with no syncing are pretty lame, but I love the ones that are like music vids. I can also dig a montage with variation, all shotgun or all sniping has been old for a while.

Since we're talking about it, here's my favorite montage again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0ciKm-igE

Can't say that's not hot! :D

celestial body said:

Hes good but hes a newbie stomper.

All of the vids hes in I rarely see anyone past prestige 2-3. Most of the time.. hes playing 0 prestige players. But whatever , the guy has some crazy moves.

I feel like I just achieved the crowning moment in my CoD career :)lol) - I managed to go something like 65-10 in CoD4! On Bog! Without sniping! With an M60 without grip! I still have no idea what happened. :lol

He has to, but the thing is that getting host isn't enough - all the other players have to have a good connection to him as well. I have no idea how all these youtubers manage to avoid this... I always get a laggy american (since I'm european) in my matches and, of course, he always buzzkills me with his slideshowing. What magic are the youtubers pulling to get rid of these guys?

Your rank and unlocks is in your gamertag, so you should be good. I just re-bought CoD4, 2 years and 1 360 later, and all my stuff was still there.

Boring montages with just random sniping clips with a song tossed on with no syncing are pretty lame, but I love the ones that are like music vids. I can also dig a montage with variation, all shotgun or all sniping has been old for a while.

Since we're talking about it, here's my favorite montage again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0ciKm-igE

Can't say that's not hot! :D

Yeah im from the UK, and when it hits about 1AM the lag really kicks in, I probably shouldnt be playing so late anyway, but CoD doesnt really even give me the option. :lol

The problem with CoD montages is the fact that I dont think CoD really lends itself well to montage material, the gameplays a lot of fun, but its pretty limiting. The montages have to have high production values to be worth watching and quite frankly if I see a shotgun/ noob tube or camping in a montage I switch it off immediatly.

The montage you posted was awesome though, reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_d-2spYPI&playnext_from=TL&videos=I4Zphtfb9ck

Production value wise its amazing.

Accidentus said:
Favorite CoD related montage

(I'm a sucker for good editing)

edit: dammit bobs

Haha great minds think alike. I actually just spent the time since posting watching the other montages that the Katha dude made, the gameplays not amazing, but his editing is just mindblowing, especially considering capturing the footage is HARD and the 3rd person shots he gets are literally impossible to retrospectivly capture.

zam

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah im from the UK, and when it hits about 1AM the lag really kicks in, I probably shouldnt be playing so late anyway, but CoD doesnt really even give me the option. :lol
I find it's a lot easier to get a good host when playing with a team of people from the same country/area. Usually when we play with 4-6 people together, we get host a lot, when I play on my own, I never get host. Also the game really needs to switch host a lot faster when it's a shitty host. Playing more than half a game with everyone except the host on yellow ping is just stupid (especially when me or one of my friends getting host will give the whole lobby 3-4 bars ping). Sometimes it will switch host with 30 seconds left on the clock!And the host migration is inconsistent as fuck, sometimes when the host leaves we all get kicked out of the game and it just says "game lobby closed". We've even been kicked out of the pre-game lobby while looking for players with the message "Unable to migrate host". Really? The game can't even migrate host before the game has even started?

They really did a shitty job on the netcode and the matchmaking. People getting randomly dropped when searching for a game or randomly ending up the other team is just beyond stupid, not to mention people having to back out manually cause they don't follow the party leader when he leaves a pre-game lobby..

todahawk

Guy Legend said:
Anyone want to play some spec ops coop on PS3? I wouldn't mind getting some help going through some levels. I'm starting to get owned even on regular in some of the delta chapters...

I've been looking for someone one PS3 to do those with. I'll be on and off all weekend.
psn id = todahawk
yours?

So obviously GUNIT123 is considered to be something of a disgrace for his staged "world's fastest nuke" video, but this video appears legit, and isn't nearly as spectacular as it sounds:

A Nuke in Search & Destroy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEr0CoTi6g8

He gets five friends to help him out by running around with riot shields, spotting enemies for him and protecting him while he kills the entire team each time. So not super impressive, but still kinda fun to watch. You gotta imagine that the other team is getting progressively more and more pissed off each round.

EDIT: And I (finally) played a few rounds of Barebones Pro the other day. I'm loving that playlist. The first thing I noticed is that I immediately started playing much tighter with my teammates instead of striking out on my own. The second thing I noticed is that silencers are much more valuable, since they're all you need to play stealth when there's no threat of a UAV. And finally, it seems that games are much tighter. If you have a bad player on your team, it's much easier to make up for him since you don't have to worry about the air support he would otherwise be giving to the other team.

All in all, I'm really glad they added this playlist. I see it kinda like Hardcore - the game isn't exactly built or balanced for this mode of play (the red perk slot is basically shot), but it's going to appeal to a lot of people.

So obviously GUNIT123 is considered to be something of a disgrace for his staged "world's fastest nuke" video
And his embarassingly fake knife-only nuke. The other thing I notice with him is that even though he's a 10 prestige often times he gets put in with a lobby full of non-prestige players. I never get that and i'm only a 4 prestige. It's something that seananners seems to get a lot too, though obviously he's a good player and doesn't fake his videos. Infact most commentaries have this problem, i'd rather see worse scores but against people that actually know how to shoot back, make em a bit more pertinent.

Apart from sandy the other commentator I like is f1stdacuffs, he's an aggressive SoH player and consistently posts good scores against decent players. Shame that he gets hyper and talks a lot of shit in some of his videos. Otherwise definitely check out his stuff if you're interested in excellent, aggressive TDM play.

Dirtsaw

johnFkennedy said:
I can't use burst fire weapons in this game with the exception of the Raffica. It's weird because I was completely capable with the M16 in COD 4. It just seems like you die a lot faster in this game so if you miss the first burst you're generally screwed. Anyone else experience this?

Same deal here, without stopping power I'm completely screwed.

I have a quick question regarding Modern Warfare 1 (that thread is pretty much dead). I'd never gotten around to playing it so I jumped online tonight to play some classic goodness. Are all the server just speedhacked now? I couldn't get into a game where your run speed wasn't godly and nearly uncontrollable.

snack

celestial body said:

lol @ guy surviving semtex

Is it just me or did they do something to the stats menu in the game you can get via pressing select? It has some weird fade in/fade out animation now. Never noticed that before. Very annoying.

Ovid

Akim said:
Does anyone have an idea on how much of these level 70 10 prestige guys on xbox live are actually legit?
I guess it would be hard to tell now since the game has been out for so long.

CozMick

Banned
Sielys said:
Aight, back to CoD after a longggg hiatus. Anything significant changed? (Besides having new maps of course)

Hmmm well,

Noobtubes are the most used "weapon" in the game..........period!

OMA is abused to death.

Domination is now a "boost your k/dr" gamemode.

360 no-scopes are pwnage montage approved.

It's mandatory to have at least one Gamertag/PSN id - "I_only_use_knivez"

Shotguns are the new "l33t" weapon of choice..........

And if you don't "roll" with Marathon/Lightweight/Commando you're a scrub.

Just went 33-3 [Carnival], 33-4 [Overgrown], and 35-4 [Karachi] in TDM with a bunch of no-mic randoms. I think I'm making good progress. Just really focusing on learning the maps, tracking the spawn points, etc. BTW: Harrier>Pavelow>CG is incredible. :lol :lol

Top Bottom