• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

RJNavarrete said:
Just went 33-3 [Carnival], 33-4 [Overgrown], and 35-4 [Karachi] in TDM with a bunch of no-mic randoms. I think I'm making good progress. Just really focusing on learning the maps, tracking the spawn points, etc. BTW: Harrier>Pavelow>CG is incredible. :lol :lol

Nice scores. I only play TDM and getting 10:1 and above is what I would class as a decent score where you don't die more than 3 times and manage to hit 25-40 kills. I have also recently switched a pred for a pave so have the same killstreak loadout as you too.

delirium said:
What is this I hear about the ability of hackers to corrupt the game (HUD, stats, saved classes, etc)?

Some one send me a message,and when i opened it say to send the messages to 50 other people,and that it would unlock all the tittle and emblems,i did not send that shit to any one,but then when i went to the main menu my saves were gone,all of the appear as zero progress.

I was like WTF i turned off my PS3 and then turn it on again,and the game even ask me to set the screen,and the warning about the game strong violence,and all my saves appear to be gone.

I long online and i have all mi tittles and emblems,i play for some time and after i shut it down my PS3 and went on again latter,all the saves were back there,i don't know what happen or how but that is what happen to me.

I have it for PS3.

Fraull said:
came back to this game after a long break and holy fuck does everyone just use noobtubes now? so goddamn annoying :lol

I took a break from MW2 tonight to play some old school COD4 action and WAW as well and it felt so good to actually play the game without people running around with knives and people noobtubing the entire time and akimbo garbage, etc etc. I'm really hoping Treyarch pulls through with black ops, I think they can do good.

CozMick

Banned
Well my k/dr is finally starting to creep up after a while away from the game.

Dropped from 2.03 to 1.89 when I first came back,

Finally got it to 2.15 today :D

Team Deathmatch ONLY!

No Domination boosting for me.

AwesomeSyrup said:
I just unlocked the ACR again and I played a handful of games after that and my worst game was like 38-13. :lol

Every time I prestige it always feels like a race to level 48 so I can get the ACR and good scores again :lol

zam

kyo_daikun said:
Every time I prestige it always feels like a race to level 48 so I can get the ACR and good scores again :lol
There are several assault rifles available very early with similar damage, rate of fire and recoil as the ACR (M4, SCAR) and even better assault rifles like the TAR. The only level I feel the need to race for is lvl 25 so I can get cold-blooded and then 30 so I can get the stinger so I'm not dependant on other people shooting down killstreaks.

RE: Sunako

Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja

Spas
UMP

Semtex
Smoke

To be fair, we had a nice combination of styles on our team, but we weren't owning them back in their corner on rundown, we were just stopping them from capping flags. For the last 50 points they kinda gave up and resorted to camping for cheap kills.

I think the most impressive thing was that it was a pickup game and no one used headsets.

It's very rare to see such commaradery amongst 360 players.

zam said:
There are several assault rifles available very early with similar damage, rate of fire and recoil as the ACR (M4, SCAR) and even better assault rifles like the TAR. The only level I feel the need to race for is lvl 25 so I can get cold-blooded and then 30 so I can get the stinger so I'm not dependant on other people shooting down killstreaks.

Barebones Pro says hi :D

For fucks sake goddamn little shits nuke boosting. I jumped back in (PS3) after not playing for a while now due to frustration, and I was thinking hey, things seem to have settled down and the game plays pretty well but fuck.

Couple games in and I keep seeing fucking nukes, check the scoreboard and yep, some high level multiple prestige is going deep negative.

I can deal with the stuff that is frustrating by design, or even a little bit of lag but I forgot what really pisses me off is the killstreak boosting.

How is the bare bones by the way? Please tell me it is good. I really need it to be good.

itsnervedamage said:
How is the bare bones by the way? Please tell me it is good. I really need it to be good.

I love it. I can't promise you that it's completely devoid of tubes and commando, but remember that most of the people who use that kind of stuff are trying to build streaks any way they know how. With no rewards for massive killstreaks, there's less incentive for players to whore their way to cheap kills.

And I love 4v4 TDM, even though it means that you pretty much only use half of any map.

I wish they would make Blast Shield better. You think they would notice that only .00001% of the players ever use it, and therefore it needs to be buffed some. Or just make it so you can still see your radar. It's sad that no one uses it. I'm only using it to get the challenge done, and I have to say, it never feels as if it does anything.

I'd also like to take a second to thank the RPG for helping me kill campers that I otherwise would be unable to reach. You're doing the Lord's work.

Finally got my 10th nuke. Now I'm doing all the killstreak challenges. Do sentry guns received from an emergency air drop do not count towards the sentry gun challenge? I picked up like 3 today yet the counter didn't go up.

USD

Whenever I use LMGs I'm always tempted to stick with them. Just the ability to keep pressing the attack and not having to reload after or 2-3 kills makes it so worthwhile. Managed to get a Harrier in about 20 seconds on Rust because the combination of good cover and 100 rounds was incredibly devastating. If I wasn't such a FAL whore, I'd run around with the RPD all the time.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
zam said:

Doesn't the ACR have lower damage stats than the SCAR?

CozMick said:
Hmmm well,

Noobtubes are the most used "weapon" in the game..........period!

OMA is abused to death.

Domination is now a "boost your k/dr" gamemode.

360 no-scopes are pwnage montage approved.

It's mandatory to have at least one Gamertag/PSN id - "I_only_use_knivez"

Shotguns are the new "l33t" weapon of choice..........

And if you don't "roll" with Marathon/Lightweight/Commando you're a scrub.

i was just checking this thread to see if anything had changed to make me want to come back to MW2, I see all the main reasons I left are still there....not to say I wont come back, I'm sure when all my friends move back to it I'll jump back in but that post was disappointing

I don't really notice much of a difference between the M4 and ACR myself. They are both 30-20 damage, ultra accurate ARs. Mag size is the same. ACR has an ever so slightly higher rate of fire but really negligable and they both have the same reload time (1.12). No real need to wait until level 48, I guess maybe if you prefer the ironsight of one over the other...

Just for reference:

30/20 damage: M4,ACR,F200
40/30 damage: TAR,SCAR,AK47
50/35 damage: FAL

Bursts are 40/30

...and then we have the UMP at 40/35 :lol

zam

FTWer said:
Doesn't the ACR have lower damage stats than the SCAR?
Probably, which is why I said similar since I don't have the exact damage stats off the top of my head.

Sunako said:
Yep. Pretty much every assault rifle is superior to the ACR. The only thing it has going for it is it's insane steadiness.
Yeah, and the M4 also has insane steadiness (as does the SCAR to a lesser degree), and there are lots of ARs (and the UMP) which are better than the ACR, so I don't get the whole "oh no I prestiged and now I gotta wait tons of levels until I can get my ACR and finally get kills again"-nonsense. Try using the TAR or FAMAS or SCAR or UMP and discover that the ACR isn't the end-all be-all assault rifle people seem to be making it out to be..

The "tubes" are killing me. I really don't have an issue with runners as riduculous as that is. The noobtubes are such a crutch for bad players, a casual delight. I can't stand being on a good legit/fair run and because they can't outplay me they go to the tubes. It's so frustrating.

divisionbyzorro said:
With no rewards for massive killstreaks, there's less incentive for players to whore their way to cheap kills.

I saw what I guess can only be described as "kill boasting" in Barebones Pro this weekend.... three times by unique users. : /

People - multiplayer games would be impossible without them, but they ruin them on the other side of that coin, finding the cheapest, gamebreaking things they can possibly do, and do them, all the time, everyday, sucking the fun out of the game like a vampire that feeds on fun.

aku:jiki

Anerythristic said:
The "tubes" are killing me. I really don't have an issue with runners as riduculous as that is. The noobtubes are such a crutch for bad players, a casual delight. I can't stand being on a good legit/fair run and because they can't outplay me they go to the tubes. It's so frustrating.
I hear you! Some of those bastards have started leaking over into CoD4... You can tell when someone played MW2 as their first CoD - they come to CoD4 and try to employ the same tactics but don't know how to handle themselves without their OMA or Scavenger. It can look pretty funny when you run into one and he obviously has no clue what to do. :lol

Thankfully, it's pretty rare, and most MW2 players in CoD4 will quickly realize that tubing doesn't work in CoD4 and switch kits...but that one bastard who will not let up and just keeps tubing match after match is a massive pain in the ass.

Speaking of tubing... Me and z4m just faced a danish clan the other day - the very first thing that happened in our first match with them was that I got blind-tubed while trying to defend the bomb. So we gave them one more match to see if they'd keep it up - sure enough, two players kept noobtubing or camping with rocket launchers and scavenger. Third match, our entire team started tubing or rocketing them to shit and they got so ridiculously pissed off, it was insane. They absolutely refused to realize that they started it too! We just kept telling them to ask what their teammates were doing, while said teammates sat silent as their friends kept yelling at us for being noobs. It was kinda hilarious. :lol

Stantron

How do you guys deal with lag?

When every kill cam shows you barely getting a shot off even though you put enough shots in to an opponent to get a kill, is it even worth trying to continue playing? Cause at this point, it's basically catch the opponent off guard to stand a chance. Any face to face battles, I lose. Even when I know he's coming through a door that I'm aiming at, he's able to see me and kill me. WTF! I've tried several game modes, same shit for the past few nights.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've got a good connection, and an open NAT. It's so frustrating to play like this. It's not always this bad, mind you, but a good 70% of the time. Ahg! /vent

Stantron said:

When every kill cam shows you barely getting a shot off even though you put enough shots in to an opponent to get a kill, is it even worth trying to continue playing? Cause at this point, it's basically catch the opponent off guard to stand a chance. Any face to face battles, I lose. Even when I know he's coming through a door that I'm aiming at, he's able to see me and kill me. WTF! I've tried several game modes, same shit for the past few nights.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've got a good connection, and an open NAT. It's so frustrating to play like this. It's not always this bad, mind you, but a good 70% of the time. Ahg! /vent
Try resetting your modem and all your connections. See if that helps. If not, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dresden

Stantron said:

Get a lot of flank kills. That's how you deal with it, pretty much. I play with two or three bars now and I either have to flank or snipe to do anything. Melee? Lol. Impossible now.

cdyhybrid

I just had two guys (one named Pro Quikscopez with various symbols and uppercase letters) tell me to stop hardscoping my Intervention, and that hardscoping is for people with no skill. It blew my mind. Do the kids these days really consider actually having to aim your gun not skillful? Opposed to quickscoping and abusing autoaim? This is the only bad part of summer...having to deal with all the kids who should be in bed resting for school tomorrow :lol

We smoked their team though, they both had like a 0.5 KDR that game and I finished 17-8 or something like that, with our team easily winning.

I thought about buying the 2nd map pack. Unfortunately it costs 1200 points and I only have 1100. Does anyone know where I could get 100 points? I don't wanna pay for at least 2100 points.

I may be an odd duck, but Id rather deal with deal with the roadrunning knife players and noobtoobers than a room full of quick-scoping Intervention users (assuming they are good at it.) At least my mind can wrap around noobtube - at my feet - I am dead. It CANT wrap around Intervention - quick scope to a point 3 feet to my left and belt high - headshot.

I had a ridiculous run of care packages last night. I guess its truly random. I really should have been in Vegas.

I swear I am not lying or exagerating here... four Chopper Gunners...in a eight match span. It was actually anything but ammo. The only thing I was doing was I kept switching lobbies if we were about to play a map I disliked. Does that have any effect?

I just prestiged not too long ago, and when I did, I was using care packages for obvious reasons and had a pretty silly string of them. It was back-to-back AC130's, a stationary turret, back-to-back Pavelows, followed by a Chopper Gunner.

Stantron

Sunako said:
Try resetting your modem and all your connections. See if that helps. If not, then I don't know what to tell you.
Good idea. I haven't done this in a while so I'll try it when I get home. Thanks.

zam

cdyhybrid said:
I just had two guys (one named Pro Quikscopez with various symbols and uppercase letters) tell me to stop hardscoping my Intervention, and that hardscoping is for people with no skill. It blew my mind. Do the kids these days really consider actually having to aim your gun not skillful? Opposed to quickscoping and abusing autoaim? This is the only bad part of summer...having to deal with all the kids who should be in bed resting for school tomorrow :lol

We smoked their team though, they both had like a 0.5 KDR that game and I finished 17-8 or something like that, with our team easily winning.
They have all deluded themselves that quickscoping requires skill and the hits and kills they get through quickscoping is all because they are super-skilled players, not that quickscoping actually gives tons of auto-aim.

We've run into these complaints while playing as well, the amount of denial and cognitive dissonance in the people saying quickscoping is skill and hardscoping isn't is staggering.

The best MW2 video in a minute.

It's a top 10 list of the best reactions to crazy kills. :lol :lol

zam said:
They have all deluded themselves that quickscoping requires skill and the hits and kills they get through quickscoping is all because they are super-skilled players, not that quickscoping actually gives tons of auto-aim.

We've run into these complaints while playing as well, the amount of denial and cognitive dissonance in the people saying quickscoping is skill and hardscoping isn't is staggering.
Then again, quickscoping is pretty fucking hard. I think it's harder than hardscoping.

I really don't understand how they do it - whenever I half-scope like that, it just always misses. :(

Celsior

TheApatheticOne said:
I just prestiged not too long ago, and when I did, I was using care packages for obvious reasons and had a pretty silly string of them. It was back-to-back AC130's, a stationary turret, back-to-back Pavelows, followed by a Chopper Gunner.
I had four matches like that, it followed with 5 days of counter uav's, ammo, and uav's.

Anerythristic said:

I'm seeing multiple references to noobtubes, can someone explain what that is?

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
aku:jiki said:
Then again, quickscoping is pretty fucking hard. I think it's harder than hardscoping.

I really don't understand how they do it - whenever I half-scope like that, it just always misses. :(

I don't understand quickscopping too. Someone ran in front of me just a few feet away & I had him in my crosshairs, I quickly tapped LT & immediately shoot at him with my sniper without aiming, but it completely missed. Immediately kept tapping LT & shooting, but all 3 of my other shots missed. He had enough time to turn around & kill me by now :/

Do you have to lock on with the snipers for a set time for the auto targeting to kick in or something?

FTWer said:
I don't understand quickscopping too. Someone ran in front of me just a few feet away & I had him in my crosshairs, I quickly tapped LT & immediately shoot at him with my sniper without aiming, but it completely missed. Immediately kept tapping LT & shooting, but all 3 of my other shots missed. He had enough time to turn around & kill me by now :/

Do you have to lock on with the snipers for a set time for the auto targeting to kick in or something?
It's hard to tell exactly what you do from a text description, but I don't think you should tap LT. More like hold it like you would hardscope, but fire before the scope comes up...

But, like I said, what the hell do I know! I've pulled off like 3 of those half-scope quickscopes... I do know that this is another one of IW's classic "fixes" - noscoping is way too accurate in CoD4, so they made it way too inaccurate in MW2. Oh, IW. :lol

cdyhybrid

aku:jiki said:
noscoping is way too accurate in CoD4, so they made it way too inaccurate in MW2.

And they need to make it less accurate. Spraying a non-scoped Barrett should never get you a kill in any circumstance.

cdyhybrid said:
And they need to make it less accurate. Spraying a non-scoped Barrett should never get you a kill in any circumstance.

So you're saying that wasting a third of my ammo reserves to get a single kill is somehow overpowered?

Top Bottom