• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Shoogoo

So since Party chat is disabled on some modes, how do you chat with your friends? You have to hear all the kids in your team etc?

Ten-Song

Shoogoo said:
So since Party chat is disabled on some modes, how do you chat with your friends? You have to hear all the kids in your team etc?

Just change your Live settings so that the only people you can hear is those on your friends list. Not a great work around, but it works.

kitch9

Banned
I was going to boycott this due IW being twats, but I walked into Sainsburys this morning for my usual buttie and they only were flogging it for £26.......

Couldn't fucking resist in the end and joined the long queue for the PS3 version but if IW think I'm going to buy the PC version too they can kiss my hairy ass...

I guess that twat Kotick has won one....

Bought it on 360 because 7-11 was selling it early today :D

SP is alright and has its moments (doesn't seem as "tight" as MW did since it's jumping around so much).

MP is awesome, but it sucks to relearn what the perks do and the maps and stuff :lol

Will definitely be playing this all weekend.

dakster

Neo Member
So much for IW.NET, keeps pairing me with players stateside when i'm in Europe. This equals me lagging my arse off, have a good connection too.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
just had a spring clean of my friends list in anticipation of playing this a lot. apologies if anyone was deleted, but you probably won't even notice as we must've never played together if I've deleted you!

now someone make the MW2 multiplayer thread. Need some european friends to play with.

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
I'm up to a section where you need to defend a computer from a horde of enemy troops, without a doubt the least fun I have ever had playing a videogame.

Found that part fairly easy.

DoomGyver

Alright guys, I need some Port forwarding help (PS3 version)

I do the conn test on PSN and I get a NAT 2 (which is good)

MW2 says I have a strict NAT, so obviously MW2 is using some ports that PSN doesn't?

What ports does MW2 use?

Hanmik

Died like 30 times, this game is harder than Demons' Souls

I died 20 times in one of the first missions (where you chase some guy).. because I got lost, and the enemy spawned everywhere.. this game is not hard, it just punishes stupid people who try to go alternative ways.. :D (like me)...
it´s an onrail shooter with no alternatives regarding completion of a level. You get punished hard for going the wrong (not IW´s that is) way...

Lyonaz

Died like 30 times, this game is harder than Demons' Souls

Hahah yeah the recommended difficulty for me was recruit and I still die a million times over.:lol
The game is just too hectic and I find the enemies difficult to spot sometimes. I'm glad it has aim assist otherwise I would be missing enemies all the time.

Hanmik

Full Recovery said:
Alright guys, I need some Port forwarding help (PS3 version)

I do the conn test on PSN and I get a NAT 2 (which is good)

MW2 says I have a strict NAT, so obviously MW2 is using some ports that PSN doesn't?

What ports does MW2 use?

If you have Nat 2 then this should not be a problem..

but all PS3 games use these ports: 80,443,5223,3478,3479,3658

try www.portforwarding.com for more help..

Tenkai Star said:
Yep.

Ok so hard = boring I guess :lol

Whats the player count on the consoles?also does the console versions have dedicated servers or is this lame decision of not having dedicated servers is only for pc?

-PXG-

Meta tag is made. PM me your gamertags and I will add you to the friend's list.

Just woke up. I will be adding more people throughout the morning.

DoomGyver

Hanmik said:
If you have Nat 2 then this should not be a problem..

but all PS3 games use these ports: 80,443,5223,3478,3479,3658

try www.portforwarding.com for more help..
I already have the PSN ports opened.

It has to be something specific to this game. I can play, but when I go matchmaking it only finds 3-5 games.

big_z

put in 3.5 hours of single player on hardened . just finished the fast food shootout and it's bit of a mixed bag so far. main problem is the monster closets, they spawn too fast and there are times where it's hard as hell to progress to the point that triggers them to shut off. Rio ghetto mission was a bitch for this. also not a fan of the jam effect on the screen when you get shot. it's too thick and often times i find it disorienting.

Loxley

So wait a second here, you people are telling me that a service that has not had en masse testing that is being completely hammered by thousands of people right now isn't 110% stable? Oh the nerve of Infinity Ward.

"IVE BEEN K1KED FRUM 84637 GAEMS IN A ROW WTF IW U SUCK" .

People, expecting IWnet to be pitch-perfect right now is like expecting the World of Warcraft servers to be completely stable and lag-free during the initial launch of a new expansion. Give the game a goddamn second to breathe. Of course you're going to get kicked from games, of course you're going to get lag. If IWnet is shitty a month from now, then I can go with your arguments, but the game hasn't even been out for one whole day.

Hanmik

BradleyUK said:
My trophy are not listed in trophy list!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a glitch or am I too crap to have them?

yes a glitch is present... delete the patch form your harddisk and play without the patch.. then you should be able to get trophies..

zewone

I didn't get the Gamestop exclusive gamerpic codes that my friend got when he picked up his copy. :(

If anyone is feeling generous, I'd like an extra code. Thanks.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Loxley said:
People, expecting IWnet to be pitch-perfect right now is like expecting the World of Warcraft servers to be completely stable and lag-free during the initial launch of a new expansion. Give the game a goddamn second to breathe. Of course you're going to get kicked from games, of course you're going to get lag. If IWnet is shitty a month from now, then I can go with your arguments, but the game hasn't even been out for one whole day.

Sounds like they should of beta tested that fancy new network of theirs. Such a shame. I'm sure there will be plenty of traded in copies for me to pick from by Friday if this keeps up.

Top Bottom