• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

TheExodu5

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
I'd rather risk getting into a laggy match with a search time of 1 second than take 4 minutes to search for a better connection.

Is there any leave penalty in the game? Wouldn't be too big of a deal if there isn't.

Honestly, I'm absolutely amazed at how fast it matches. My first match honestly matched me and loaded in less than a second. Usually I get matched in less than a second, and then there's the pre-game 30-45 second timer or w/e.

TheExodu5 said:
Is there any leave penalty in the game? Wouldn't be too big of a deal if there isn't.

There is, apparently it counts it as a loss on your record, i think thats it.

Why the fuck aint i asleep yet :lol Think im on my second wind, fffffuuuuu.

Ah well more MP :D

onken

TheExodu5 said:

Honestly, I'm absolutely amazed at how fast it matches. My first match honestly matched me and loaded in less than a second. Usually I get matched in less than a second, and then there's the pre-game 30-45 second timer or w/e.

To be fair, COD4 takes a couple of seconds to match you up, so it's nothing new.

TheExodu5 said:

If you leave three times Biggie Smalls comes out of the TV and bust a cap in yo ass.

Decado

So this game has better graphics than Killzone 2? Can't say it comes accross that way in the screens and videos.

Anyway, sounds like a solid rental. Since the violence sounds as tame as MW1 I can't see myself getting into the multiplayer and the campaign is short enough that a 5 day rental makes sense. It's nice that these type of games come out every once in a while. For my schedule most titles are too long to pick up as a rental.

Decado said:
So this game has better graphics than Killzone 2? Can't say it comes accross that way in the screens and videos.

Anyway, sounds like a solid rental. Since the violence sounds as tame as MW1 I can't see myself getting into the multiplayer

Who ever said this game looks better than Killzone 2?

And WTF @ your second point.

tHoMNZ

Net_Wrecker said:
I'd rather risk getting into a laggy match with a search time of 1 second than take 4 minutes to search for a better connection.

i'd rather find a good server initially and play in it with friends who have joined the same server, and against other regulars of the server.

Decado said:
Seems like it. Uncharted 2 level of graphics. Most be something wrong with my friends tv then. Cause when we played it this weekend it didn't blow me away. Maybe higher res textures are unlocked on release day.
Or maybe, just maybe people actually care about 60 fps.

Net_Wrecker said:
Who ever said this game looks better than Killzone 2?

And WTF @ your second point.
It's getting higher graphics score than Killzone 2. Think he is being a little sarcastic.

tHoMNZ said:
i'd rather find a good server initially and play in it with friends who have joined the same server, and against other regulars of the server.

Meh, CoD4/MW2 style fast matchmaking is my preferred way to play. Less work than trying to find good servers that might have custom rules, and all that stuff.

Hanmik

The graphics in MW2 are not that big a step up from MW1. Lots of the stuff in the levels are just copy pasted from MW1. The burned down cars, the boxes, the grass etc. A lot of the stuff is taken directly form the first game that is 2 years old.. the game does look good, but graphics do not deserve more than 8/10 in any review..

k0ji-wd

Does anybody with the COD Classic code on PS3 wanna PSN game share the download with me? I have a stack of stuff on my PSN in return. . .

TheExodu5

Banned
What the fuck. Again, another 1 bar game.

I asked the people with 4 green bars where they were from. Australia. AUSTRALIA.

I'm from fucking Canada. IWnet, out of the 28,000 people online, you had to fucking match me with Australia for a Team Deathmatch game?

Honestly, with low ping, it works great. But the fact that this shit isn't even doing geographical matching is absolutely ridiculous. It's such an easy solution: have the player ping several IWNet servers around the world, and match people that ping well to the same server. Hear that Infinity Ward? Give me some fucking American/Canadian games, you retards.

dralla said:
im actually curious to see the GT review. after their uc2 review they claimed to reward originality and innovation, and a game that refines and doesn't bring anything new to the table would score a 9.3 at the most.
Oh Shane Satterfield.

S1lent

Ballistictiger said:
Why not sweep through Campaign it's short anyways.

Yeah I probably will play through it first. I just got Uncharted 2 too though, sucks, so much gaming I want to do and so little time...

Hanmik said:
The graphics in MW2 are not that big a step up from MW1. Lots of the stuff in the levels are just copy pasted from MW1. The burned down cars, the boxes, the grass etc. A lot of the stuff is taken directly form the first game that is 2 years old.. the game does look good, but graphics do not deserve more than 8/10 in any review..
Yeah I totally agree. 8 in graphics is perfect. 7 would be to low and 9 is pushing it. Maybe 9 in you really love games running faster than 30fps. But 10 is too high even if it ran at perfect 60 fps. But hell it could be 480p for all I care. Graphics is the least thing I care about.

now i have this, torchlight, Dragon Age, and a girlfriend to tend to. shit. glad i found out about the trophy patch problem before i finished the first veteran trophy

Well the reviews really have me hyped up, even though a fucking CBC news report on the game completely spoiled one of the major plot points.

Not sure when I'll be picking this up since money's tight at the moment, hopefully I can snag a used copy at a decent price around Boxing Day.

MPW

_leech_ said:
Well the reviews really have me hyped up, even though a fucking CBC news report on the game completely spoiled one of the major plot points.

Not sure when I'll be picking this up since money's tight at the moment, hopefully I can snag a used copy at a decent price around Boxing Day.

cbc covered this? :lol did they go to eaton centre bb/fs/eb launch event for coverage?

ugh, all I want to do is play on Live on my new Xbox 360, but my apartment's internet refuses to cooperate. Can anyone at GAF help a brother out? It keeps asking for DNS settings and all that jazz

agm2502

Picked it up at Sainsbury's this morning. there was quite a big queue. my local had 150 xbox copies and 50 ps3 copies due to some delivery error or something. anyways they still had a ps3 version when I got to the till. gonna play it until friday to see if I like it then maybe trade it in for ratchet & clank.

xPowerPadDeathStompx said:
BOOM! 250 peeps processed in 1 hour.

15850_215964098776_818843776_2866242_6750851_n.jpg

Our midnight FTW. Now off to bed, I gotta open for 8am. =( Maybe I can actually play some on Wed.

Am I the only one that finds this picture pretty offensive?:lol

TheExodu5

Banned
oldschlgmr said:
Am I the only one that finds this picture pretty offensive?:lol

Most Arabs I know are really laid back when it comes to the whole terrorist thing. Buddy of mine was letting his beard grow during exams last year and laughing about him looking like a terrorist.

MPW said:
cbc covered this? :lol did they go to eaton centre bb/fs/eb launch event for coverage?
No, it was just a brief segment talking about how it's the biggest release of the year, record pre-orders, that sort of thing... And then they got to the "controversy" and just fucking spoiled the damn thing, flat out.

Lyonaz

Got the game at midnight launch 10 hours ago or so, played single and few multiplayer matches, got my ass kicked online and went to bed.

BTW Singleplayer is awesome! Got some holy shit moments. Gonna continue the campaign now.

Hanmik said:
What´s up with Trophies in this game.. When I launched the game for the first time, I was prompted to download firmware 3,01, which I did. Then I had to download a Patch (15mb), did that and installed it. Then I played Singleplayer for 2½ hours yesterday. But no trophies for me..? the trophy list didn´t even load.. not before I stopped playing and started the game again did the trophy list load.. but I did not try to get some trophies after the list loaded.. can I not get any trophies on this playthrough..? do I have to start all over to get the trophies.-.? anyone knows..?

Delete the CoD patch 1.01 and start the campaign again. There is a known bug with 1.01 that gives you a 50% chance of not getting Trophies. You'll have to start the campaign again, BUT if you completed any levels on Veteran, then replaying them on the default setting *apparently* unlocks the Veteran ones. Not seen this myself though, just read it elsewhere.

TheExodu5 said:
Most Arabs I know are really laid back when it comes to the whole terrorist thing. Buddy of mine was letting his beard grow during exams last year and laughing about him looking like a terrorist.

Ya, I interact with Arabic people pretty often as well. I myself am not Arabic or Muslim, but I find that picture pretty disturbing for some reason.

Anyway, sorry for going a little off-topic.

carry on

MPW

_leech_ said:
No, it was just a brief segment talking about how it's the biggest release of the year, record pre-orders, that sort of thing... And then they got to the "controversy" and just fucking spoiled the damn thing, flat out.

in that case, i'll avoid cbc until i finish sp

_leech_, since money is tight for you, bestbuy has a deal from tuesday to thursday, trade 2 games and get mw2 free, list of games:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/marketing/usedgames/EN/default.asp?logon=&langid=EN

or just rent?

_leech_ said:
Little of topic here but I just have to say. A Swedish national exam in English had the chapter where Frodo throws the ring down into the fire from the LOTR books in it. Two weeks before the final movie premièred
National exams are taken by all student in a certain grade. This was for all student in last year of high school.

Hanmik

KennyLinder said:
Delete the CoD patch 1.01 and start the campaign again. There is a known bug with 1.01 that gives you a 50% chance of not getting Trophies. You'll have to start the campaign again, BUT if you completed any levels on Veteran, then replaying them on the default setting *apparently* unlocks the Veteran ones. Not seen this myself though, just read it elsewhere.

thank you very much...

but do I have to delete the patch and download it again..? or play without the patch..?

Top Bottom