• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

Tenkai Star said:
Ha! Metacritic Modern Warfare 2 user score:
360: 9.4
PS3: 5.8
Am I missing something crucial about the PS3 version?
PS3 gamers are trying to will the score below Uncharted 2's by virtue of their user ratings?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheExodu5 said:
What the fuck. Again, another 1 bar game.

I asked the people with 4 green bars where they were from. Australia. AUSTRALIA.

I'm from fucking Canada. IWnet, out of the 28,000 people online, you had to fucking match me with Australia for a Team Deathmatch game?

Honestly, with low ping, it works great. But the fact that this shit isn't even doing geographical matching is absolutely ridiculous. It's such an easy solution: have the player ping several IWNet servers around the world, and match people that ping well to the same server. Hear that Infinity Ward? Give me some fucking American/Canadian games, you retards.
well, to be fair, it's prime time for Aussies at the moment and the game isn't even properly released overseas yet. wait until Canada and the US get the game proper over the next day or so, and then we'll see whether or not the same problem occurs.

Hanmik

Ballistictiger said:
Take a look at PC 4.3 :D

25gweic.jpg

these just fits SO good together.. :lol

Everdred

S1lent said:
Yeah I probably will play through it first. I just got Uncharted 2 too though, sucks, so much gaming I want to do and so little time...
I've got the same problem, probably won't even touch it until I beat Uncharted 2 singleplayer. I'm also sad that I will most likely neglect Uncharted multiplayer because of MW2.

Everdred said:
I've got the same problem, probably won't even touch it until I beat Uncharted 2 singleplayer. I'm also sad that I will most likely neglect Uncharted multiplayer because of MW2.
Many propably will. To bad cause the Uncharted 2 MP is awesome.
Ballistictiger said:
It's 3.3 now :D

As much as I hate what IW has done to the PC community Metacritic needs to put a stop to this

:lol

Everdred said:

I didn't think too much of the U2 multi, it never stood much of a chance against COD

Hanmik

kyo_daikun said:
I didn't think too much of the U2 multi, it never stood much of a chance against COD

same here.. i LOVED singleplayer in Uncharted 2.. but Multiplayer can´t touch MW´s multiplayer ...

so this year for me:

Singleplayer GOTY PS3: Uncharted 2
Multiplayer GOTY PS3: Modern Warfare 2

sambo

Neo Member
Oh lord I just loaded up my friends list and realized just how badly I need to buy this game.

I have a raging game boner..

PBY

Banned
After playing this game for a few hours, I can safely say that this is the greatest game EVER made.

i kid, i kid- but you'd think that if you went by facebook statuses and midnite launch chatter

Hanmik said:
same here.. i LOVED singleplayer in Uncharted 2.. but Multiplayer can´t touch MW´s multiplayer ...

so this year for me:

Singleplayer GOTY PS3: Uncharted 2
Multiplayer GOTY PS3: Modern Warfare 2
MP GOTY will probably be Killzone 2 for me. If you only played it public you missed the MP experience. Killzone 2 is all about Clans. And their clansystem is awesome. 12vs12 clanmatches is the most fun I have had this generation.
I am saying probably cause I do not judge before I try it but from all I've heard about MW2 I don't think it will beat KZ2.

peterb0y said:
After playing this game for a few hours, I can safely say that this is the greatest game EVER made.

i kid, i kid- but you'd think that if you went by facebook statuses and midnite launch chatter

Kanye is that you?

MPW said:
in that case, i'll avoid cbc until i finish sp

_leech_, since money is tight for you, bestbuy has a deal from tuesday to thursday, trade 2 games and get mw2 free, list of games:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/marketing/usedgames/EN/default.asp?logon=&langid=EN

or just rent?
I'd rather own a copy for multiplayer, so renting isn't an option. Best Buy's list of games they'll accept for a trade-in is rediculous, they're mostly all new releases. The only games on that list that I have on me right now are Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2, and i'm not going to give up both (one isn't even a month old!) for MW2.

No rush anyways, I don't mind waiting till the holidays. Thanks for the help, though.

Griffith

Banned
Managed to finish the game in one sitting, just over five hours. Enjoyed it a lot, but the
Favela
level is just to hectic and becomes ridiculously frustrating.

Muliplayer is good as expected, but I really wish they had added a local search.

Hanmik

Tenkai Star said:
MP GOTY will probably be Killzone 2 for me. If you only played it public you missed the MP experience. Killzone 2 is all about Clans. And their clansystem is awesome. 12vs12 clanmatches is the most fun I have had this generation.
I am saying probably cause I do not judge before I try it but from all I've heard about MW2 I don't think it will beat KZ2.

Kanye is that you?

I loved Killzone 2´s multiplayer.. but it did not make me come back for more like MW1 did... and after the SPAWN rape patch I quit playing Killzone 2..

Blablurn said:
hey ho ps3 gamer. are you playing with the patch or without the patch to win the trophies?

Without.
Annoying the game keeps popping up the black screen message saying there is an update, and this is whilst playing single player and having signed out! It must auto-sign in on occasion.

But yeah don't get the patch just yet. It will stop you from getting online for now, but I'd imagine a fix will be out soon.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The S-Word said:
now i have this, torchlight, Dragon Age, and a girlfriend to tend to. shit. glad i found out about the trophy patch problem before i finished the first veteran trophy

Just fuck her while playing both games at the same time.

Blablurn said:
hey ho ps3 gamer. are you playing with the patch or without the patch to win the trophies?

I would go without as a lot of people are reporting trophies not unlocking with the patch 100% of the time.

Edit: Should they not have removed the patch seeing as the game was officially launched 10 hours ago? (Uk time)

Mik2121

Arfghhhhh...

I went to this store around here that always sells imported games (I'm in Japan, so I have to import this game or wait until whenever they decide to release it here), and on the site it said they had it, I arrive to the store and they tell me it's sold out.. then I get back home, press F5 on the site and it says sold out..

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU..

:(

Now let's wait until they get the next batch...

Went to Play-Asia and while the 360 version is in stock, the PS3 one is not.. :( (sold out I guess).
I guess they made less copies of the PS3 version? :____(

omg rite said:
Just fuck her while playing both games at the same time.
From experience I can say sex during gaming is awesome. Sure it was "just" a blowjob but still, it was awesome.

When is the PC game going to start? Guy on swedish forum can't play it.

Weenerz

Banned
Played quite a bit of multiplayer and holy shit is this as addictive as CoD4. Only level 13 so far, but I am really enjoying it. The first must have perk so far has to be the kill streak reduce by 1. Getting a UAV without much effort is so helpful.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
LVL 30 in MP. Still digging it, but it does feel a little grindy sometimes. It can take a looooong time to get the load-out of weapons, add-ons, secondaries, and perks you want.

Weenerz said:
Played quite a bit of multiplayer and holy shit is this as addictive as CoD4. Only level 13 so far, but I am really enjoying it. The first must have perk so far has to be the kill streak reduce by 1. Getting a UAV without much effort is so helpful.
only 24 streak for the nuke then :lol

Hanmik

Weenerz said:
Played quite a bit of multiplayer and holy shit is this as addictive as CoD4. .

this is the reason i Bought the game... i Hope it´s a knockout in that department.. not like this though..

idx3xe.gif

Tenkai Star said:
Seems like it. Uncharted 2 level of graphics. Most be something wrong with my friends tv then. Cause when we played it this weekend it didn't blow me away. Maybe higher res textures are unlocked on release day.
Or maybe, just maybe people actually care about 60 fps.

It's getting higher graphics score than Killzone 2. Think he is being a little sarcastic.

Yeah I think he was, this game is good so far, but, graphically, it's not on the same level as Killzone 2/Uncharted.

I'm not trolling or trying to be a buzzkill here, but does anyone else find the graphics in MP (i haven't had chance to play sp) to look a bit 'plastic' i don't know how to explain it really, they look nice and sharp and stuff, but almost a bit cartoony/clean. This is just a very initial impression though.

AranhaHunter said:
Yeah I think he was, this game is good so far, but, graphically, it's not on the same level as Killzone 2/Uncharted.
No I agree. 8 is a fare graphics score.
Jamesearlcash said:
I'm not trolling or trying to be a buzzkill here, but does anyone else find the graphics in MP (i haven't had chance to play sp) to look a bit 'plastic' i don't know how to explain it really, they look nice and sharp and stuff, but almost a bit cartoony/clean. This is just a very initial impression though.
Low res textures. Multiplayer often gets lower res textures than Singleplayer.

Tenkai Star said:
No I agree. 8 is a fare graphics score.

Low res textures. Multiplayer often gets lower res textures than Singleplayer.

I'm aware of that and i think the texture res is ok, and I know comparing it to mw1 is cliche, but mw1 seemed very war torn and gritty, i don't get that feel from mw2.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
er...how did you guys get such high levels already? I'm seeing 61 and 30...and people have finished the game. holy shit it only launched officially a few hours ago.

How easy is it to advance in levels in this game? how many hours did getting to level 61 take? is that sheer grinding in multiplayer or does single player count as well?

kaizoku said:
er...how did you guys get such high levels already? I'm seeing 61 and 30...and people have finished the game. holy shit it only launched officially a few hours ago.

How easy is it to advance in levels in this game? how many hours did getting to level 61 take? is that sheer grinding in multiplayer or does single player count as well?

It all depends on how good you are and how many kills you get each match so it will de a different time for each person, I reached level 63 in COD4 but that was 30 hours of play (maybe more)

Edit: Single player doesn't count, some people had the game before launch due...

Top Bottom