• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT|

-PXG-

Meta tag is made. PM me your gamertags and I will add you to the friend's list.

Just woke up. I will be adding more people throughout the morning.

Hanmik

Full Recovery said:
Found it activision.com

Set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Playstation 3. This game uses port 3074 (UDP/TCP).

that´s the same port I told you to forward to... but make sure your PS3 has a static IP adress.. and forward the ports to that adress..

But I just read the official IW forums.. damn the PS3 version has lots of problems..

- Trophies do not appear.. but some say the trophies appear after some time.. after you have played the game and did not recieve any trophies.. you should just wait some time, and start the game again. And then when you get a new trophy all th eother trophies should appear.. (don´t know if it is true, just read it)

- Online is Bugged.. lag, Strict NAT for many players, gameinvites don´t work.

and some other small bugs...

I REALY hope IW is fast and patch the problems ASAP .. not like the PS3 version of COD4:MW. Where it took them forever to patch it, and the patch only helped some people..

Any reason why it takes ages for me to find a match?

Never had any problem with COD4, would only take a few seconds. Here I'm usually waiting for minutes.

360 by the way.

Hanmik

hamchan said:
Was gonna pick up the PS3 version but it seems I'll just stick to the 360 for now.

read on the same forums that game invites was fucked up on X360 also,,, so no version is good right now... maybe you should buy the PC version.. ? :lol

kai3345

Banned
Played about 6 or 7 games last night.

Everything was fun except for in EVERY game there was at least one noobtoober and it just got really annoying.

Damn I got the PS3 version. :(

I'll try some online matches later tonight. I'm hoping that I don't have to poke my router settings too much. Feel free to add me on PSN (check my profile if interested).

jiien

_Alkaline_ said:
Any reason why it takes ages for me to find a match?

Never had any problem with COD4, would only take a few seconds. Here I'm usually waiting for minutes.

Sorry I can't think of anything more helpful, but I think it's you. Simply because I had no problems connecting at all.

Yeah, I hate it when people say that too, but I'm too brain-dead right now to think of something more useful ><

Edit because I saw people leaving impressions: I just played for the past 7 hours or so, so I think I can give a decent opinion of the game. It's pretty much typical Call of Duty, which is not a bad thing. I haven't had any errors, lag, or bugginess at all. Things were spotty for a while when I made a four-man party with some friends, but I think that was our own internets being stupid rather than the game. As always, the gameplay itself felt pretty damn snappy, and while having to go to the XMB (oh, I'm talking about the PS3 version and strictly multiplayer here) is time-consuming and a little silly, it does work.

I wonder why people are having problems. Non-universal bugs are a bitch to identify (and therefore fix), so we can only pray that IW gives a shit about this game and will put in the effort to fix whatever needs to be addressed.

Uh-oh, what does this mean?

This is when I tried to check my Amazon tracking number, which I was given last night :(

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

jiien

BigNastyCurve said:

This is when I tried to check my Amazon tracking number, which I was given last night :(

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Probably means it's not in the system yet. I wouldn't freak out just yet. Tracking numbers sometimes take over a day or two to actually show up online, because the packages need to be checked in at a facility, things need to be updated, etc. So I would say it's just not in the system yet, even though it has a number associated with it.

-PXG-

BigNastyCurve said:

You're fucked. Happened to me when I ordered books for school. Weeks later, the cleared and claimed it was their fault.

Az

Happy that the game is finally out. Was bored playing by myself. When I get home my buddies will be waiting. YAY

jiien said:
Probably means it's not in the system yet. I wouldn't freak out just yet. Tracking numbers sometimes take over a day or two to actually show up online, because the packages need to be checked in at a facility, things need to be updated, etc. So I would say it's just not in the system yet, even though it has a number associated with it.

Uh, yah, but I've never seen this before and I'm supposed to get it today. Sigh.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. It's being delivered by FedEx, not UPS. All the other release-day shipping has been done via UPS, so I didn't bother reading the e-mail too closely. Disaster averted.

cameltoe

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
I'm up to a section where you need to defend a computer from a horde of enemy troops, without a doubt the least fun I have ever had playing a videogame.

OMG that was easy on veteren. I didnt die a single time.

Tarin02543 said:
is anyone else feeling the vibe? The vibe that whispers this game is failing hard?

No matter how many negatives appear, the game is going to do great. The sheer numbers it's going to sell from just people having played 4 is going to be insane.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Wow, I suck at following gaming. Another game I didn't know was coming out. I can't miss this, it's goddamn Call Of Duty. Hope that I can score a copy today.

At work, dying to get home and power up this bad boy.

Added myself to the spreadsheet, any UK gaffers add me. Level 7 Boss.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait *head explodes*

jiien said:
Yeah, as has been said before, he said it was not fun. He did not say it was hard.

Not fun =/= hard.
Actually just after that he said
igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
Died like 30 times, this game is harder than Demons' Souls
So he really meant it was hard and hence not fun :D

FrankT

I couldn't hack doing lines last night and it was raining (good chance I would have been out in that rain). I'll be picking up my 2 copies today.

-PXG-

Can't wait to go back upstate so I can pick up my copy this afternoon. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I'm dying here. Literally. I'm coughing my fucking brains out.

JudgeN

Hanmik said:
that´s the same port I told you to forward to... but make sure your PS3 has a static IP adress.. and forward the ports to that adress..

But I just read the official IW forums.. damn the PS3 version has lots of problems..

- Trophies do not appear.. but some say the trophies appear after some time.. after you have played the game and did not recieve any trophies.. you should just wait some time, and start the game again. And then when you get a new trophy all th eother trophies should appear.. (don´t know if it is true, just read it)

- Online is Bugged.. lag, Strict NAT for many players, gameinvites don´t work.

and some other small bugs...

I REALY hope IW is fast and patch the problems ASAP .. not like the PS3 version of COD4:MW. Where it took them forever to patch it, and the patch only helped some people..

I often wonder how stuff like this gets past IW/Sony Q&A, or do games not go through Q&A anymore?

Morph-0

Played the 1st 4-5 missions of this and so far the campaign seems very
average to me. The 1st 2 missions feel bloody pointless you are thrown into
2 completely different locations given a gun and.. well that's. The ai is
quite often a joke, enemies hardly ever move around nor is there any
evidence that the ai actually has some sort of attack plan - feels like the
enemies are using the same routines as the enemies from bloody virtual cop.
Its too scripted and makes for an incredibly linear experience you go from
check point a to check point b and shoot the targets as you go with little
room to do things your own way and little reason to think differently since
the enemies don't do much. Halo & Fear have decent ai that make the gun
battles interesting this may as well be a memoriser.

As for the airport scene -
what the hell is the challenge in
shooting those civilians? requires a lot of skill that wow Infinity Ward :s
no one else could have thought of that.
To me its seems to have
only been included to stir controversy and help sell the game.

Although you could criticise the COD4 campaign for similar issues as time
moves forward I expect more not the same/worse and in my opinion so far the
execution in 4 seems far better.

No doubt the multi-player is where its at but why are the reviewers not
making an issue of these issues - how many of these reviews are actually
legit?

Anyway I'll reserve final judgment for when I finish but so far the campaign
is explosive and really good graphically however it just isn't doing it for
me in terms of game-play.

Sorry if I'm not agreeing with those are enjoying it but based on what I've
played so far take away the multi-player and this game should be scoring 6's
& 7's with a special mention to the lighting & graphical effects.

cameltoe

jiien said:
Yeah, as has been said before, he said it was not fun. He did not say it was hard.

Not fun =/= hard.

Right

Morph-0 said:

To me its seems to have

legit?

I felt the same way.....action feels forced and there were no holy shit moments for me.

I think I may load up some COD 4 MP tonight. MW2 MP is just not clicking with me. Maybe its the shitty connections and lag that are ruining it for me.....

ultron87

I feel like there is way too much shit going on in multiplayer.

Only first actual mission done in single player. It was alright, but nothing spectacular so far.

Morph-0 said:
To me its seems to have
/QUOTE]
They wouldn't do that.......

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Liquid Helium said:

good job, will be adding myself, it could do with a column for time zone though. limited friends spaces means I want to bias towards europeans.

also why I don't wanna waste a space on a meta tag, which I find quite annoying to use tbh, wish they'd just build in clan/group functions into XBL, similar to how we'd join and leave mailing lists or something.

going through the friends of the meta tag and adding people is also a pain.

FFChris

Morph-0 said:

What? Obviously it isn't supposed to be a challenge. :lol

I was pretty shaken up at that scene to be honest, I really didn't like it. Didn't shoot either. Aside from that, the game seems pretty good so far. The co-op missions are a load of fun, and multiplayer seems a nice step up with a lot of new additions, just not sure about the maps yet.

Best bit? £26 from Sainsburys, thank you guys!

Nachkebia

Banned
Morph-0 said:

To me its seems to have

legit?

Could not agree more.

Mr Spliff

Did I miss a memo? I'm not sure what the prob is with this game. Graphics are nice, it plays like what you should expect from a COD title, grenade spamming on Veterean so far seems toned down (thank god) and it's got the appropiate amount of pretentiousness of any military game.

I get the airport scene,
i think the problem with it is that it is simple an ineffective message to the player whicher therefore reads: pointless. They should have watched Viggo in 'Eastern Promises'and fleshed it out along those lines
, a vague reference but some will know what I mean.

EDIT: No Multi opinion yet, just my sp impressions so far

Nelo Ice said:
:lol :lol

Absolutely love the gameplay footage. Hysterical.

dark10x said:
Man, the opinions on the SP campaign are harsh. As someone who did not much care for the campaign in CoD4, I have a feeling this game is going to fall flat for me (in regards to SP). All of the reviews seem to specifically point out improvements that I wanted to see (no more spawning enemies points, larger areas that allow for less linear approach, actual AI, and tighter scenario design) yet most GAF impressions tend to suggest that it is inferior to CoD4 in all areas.

Money hats? Jaded GAF posters? We'll see...
It's the first Act. It sucks, and GAFers are running to their computers to post their impressions about it before they get to the meat of the game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, the opinions on the SP campaign are harsh. As someone who did not much care for the campaign in CoD4, I have a feeling this game is going to fall flat for me (in regards to SP). All of the reviews seem to specifically point out improvements that I wanted to see (no more spawning enemies points, larger areas that allow for less linear approach, actual AI, and tighter scenario design) yet most GAF impressions tend to suggest that it is inferior to CoD4 in all areas.

Little we played at a friends house of the MP was pretty crazy looking. The amount of shit going on the screen and insane amount of shit exploding from so many sources, holy crap.

Hanmik

dark10x said:
All of the reviews seem to specifically point out improvements that I wanted to see (no more spawning enemies points, larger areas that allow for less linear approach, actual AI, and tighter scenario design)

- spawning enenmies.. still in.
- Larger Areas that allow for less linear apporach... not in my book. It´s just like CoD4.
- Actual AI... where.. ? the enemy stands still waiting to get shot, they move in predefined patterns.
- Tighter scenario.. it´s so tight the story gets lost.

The reviewers must have some younger more jaded eyes than me.. I like the game, but it feels just like CoD4:MW 1.01... this is Singleplayer only I´m talking about, have not touched Spec ops or MP yet,...

Top Bottom