• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

plastik

Give it to me straight: How hard is Veteran Co-op? Is it still bullshit like Tier 3-5 MW2 or is it actually somewhat manageable without banging your head against a wall for five hours to clear a mission?

I managed to do all of them solo, except for the two that actually require a partner. So, it's manageable, but still be prepared to die a lot.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
No gungame or one in the chamber. :(

Drop Zone might be fun though.

Really disappointing, why can't we play Gun Game or One in the Chamber online? there doesn't even need to be XP, just having some extra "fun" modes would be awesome and give us something extra to do.

Hopefully Treyarchs next game sorts this nonsense out, at least they seem to understand adding new stuff to do or even carrying stuff over.

Just played a match to see if this fix would make any difference, and my first impression is yeah, there is a noticeable difference, even though I could tell there is still some lag compensation, it's better than before. It is only one match though, so don't take my word as gospel or anything, but considering the past few weeks just seeing someone meant instant death, I can see a huge improvement as of now.

Holy shit brahs, I'm playing more and I'm coming closer to definitively saying the game feels alot better! Close to MW2 levels yet not quite, but still good enough.

Madtown_

Holy shit brahs, I'm playing more and I'm coming closer to definitively saying the game feels alot better! Close to MW2 levels yet not quite, but still good enough.

Well then, this is great news! I can only hope the DLC maps are good at this point b/c if this BS lag is mostly fixed then I'm sold.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I managed to do all of them solo, except for the two that actually require a partner. So, it's manageable, but still be prepared to die a lot.

So not as bullshit as some of the later CoD6 co-op missions then? The airport on Veteran was pure murder and if I have to bend-over-backwards to get all 46 stars this outing... forget it. :/

I also the Favela being pretty bullshit to do solo and even with a partner it was pretty tough.

I changed my NAT type back to open so I can host again and so far the connections feel pretty good. I'm not sure if I've been the host yet but before the update I had absolutely terrible lag as a host.

Madtown_

I changed my NAT type back to open so I can host again and so far the connections feel pretty good. I'm not sure if I've been the host yet but before the update I had absolutely terrible lag as a host.

Do you really need an Open NAT to host? I thought as long as it was Open or Moderate you could? Perhaps not, it's been a while since Mw2 but that's how I remember it.

I sure hope so. I pull host often on weekends when I play and it would be pretty much unplayable unless I was unloading full out into a guy's back.

Do you really need an Open NAT to host? I thought as long as it was Open or Moderate you could? Perhaps not, it's been a while since Mw2 but that's how I remember it.

Well, I have quit my share of matches due to a terrible lag and with open NAT I would often get the host migration message before I was returned to the lobby but that has never happened after I changed my NAT to moderate..

Anyways, just played for a few hours and had some real shitty connections as well so it's not like this is some magic update that fixed the lag completely. No idea if I hosted any matches so can't really say if the host disadvantage has been fixed..

Well, I have quit my share of matches due to a terrible lag and with open NAT I would often get the host migration message before I was returned to the lobby but that has never happened after I changed my NAT to moderate..

Anyways, just played for a few hours and had some real shitty connections as well so it's not like this is some magic update that fixed the lag completely. No idea if I hosted any matches so can't really say if the host disadvantage has been fixed..

Yeah, I'm starting to back off what I said, may have been wishful thinking on my part or just really shitty opponents.

Madtown_

I wonder how much of an effect theater mode has on the whole thing. It's amazing that the connections could get worse from Mw2 to Mw3. Theater is one of the things they added.

Madtown_

Demos have been around on pc forever, there's no problem.
Doesn't mean it's not a problem for them.
Personally, lag was not an issue in CoD4 or Mw2. Black Ops was the worst I've ever seen for the first month, and when I got the game back and prestiged last month it was slightly better but worse than Mw2 nonetheless. Mw3 is around those levels for me.

They could have implemented it poorly, who knows. I'd like to know what else it might be.

Here's a quick clip on Arkaden demonstrating the effectiveness of that loadout I posted earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvYEfoMiddM

Oh, and IDK if anyone has discussed it, but there is SPAWN PROTECTION at the beginning of matches. And it's total bullshit. I STUCK a guy with Semtex at the beginning of a match on Dome (Got the pop up telling me so), and he didn't die. How fucked up is that? I guess I'll stick to throwing knife tosses on that map.

anybody having an issue trying to join people or play games after the playlist update? for me it says (connection to xbox servers is interupted and I cant play

Here's a quick clip on Arkaden demonstrating the effectiveness of that loadout I posted earlier.

Oh, and IDK if anyone has discussed it, but there is SPAWN PROTECTION at the beginning of matches. And it's total bullshit. I STUCK a guy with Semtex at the beginning of a match on Dome (Got the pop up telling me so), and he didn't die. How fucked up is that? I guess I'll stick to throwing knife tosses on that map.
It's not just at the start of matches, it's actually after you spawn period. It's also why I roll my eyes a little at the people complaining about AC 130s etc. If you spawn, you have at least a few seconds to pull out your stinger and at the very least fire one shot off as you will be invulnerable to any air support. Of course it's easier to sit there and say OMG AC130 IS TOO POWERFUL!!! rather than play as a team.

I actually also totally agree with the spawn protection. Just because I don't go on YouTube and find the perfect spot to lob my grenades at the initial enemy flag doesn't mean I should eat a grenade as soon as the game starts. No different than the start of game danger close noob tubing in MW2...shit was ridiculous.

Really, you think that is bullshit?? Didnt you play MW2? spawn tubn' like a mofo.
And if you think you are impressing someone with dual fmg's, think again.

Hey You

Everytime I try to go and play Drop Zone it kicks me out of the MM lobby and says "Connection interrupted to the Xbox Live servers" or something like that.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Everytime I try to go and play Drop Zone it kicks me out of the MM lobby and says "Connection interrupted to the Xbox Live servers" or something like that.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Im experiencing the exact same thing when I hit on xbox live, I cant join any games at all

cameltoe

Doesn't mean it's not a problem for them.
Personally, lag was not an issue in CoD4 or Mw2. Black Ops was the worst I've ever seen for the first month, and when I got the game back and prestiged last month it was slightly better but worse than Mw2 nonetheless. Mw3 is around those levels for me.

They could have implemented it poorly, who knows. I'd like to know what else it might be.

Detailed stat tracking? Thats the only other thing the games have in common. Come to think of it, I always thought the lag in WaW was pretty bad too.....that game offered detailed stats as well.....hmmmm

redhot_

Played for a few hours with the patch and its waaaay better. I got a few games with 75ms and it did kinda feel laggy like it was before.

Also, fuck split screeners... such cannon fodder if there on your team. Its always the people with the worst connections that decide they want to have the bros over who have never picked up a controller aside from Rockband.

Really disappointing, why can't we play Gun Game or One in the Chamber online? there doesn't even need to be XP, just having some extra "fun" modes would be awesome and give us something extra to do.

Hopefully Treyarchs next game sorts this nonsense out, at least they seem to understand adding new stuff to do or even carrying stuff over.

IW simply refuse to acknowledge any good that Treyarch bring to the series in this respect.

Really, you think that is bullshit?? Didnt you play MW2? spawn tubn' like a mofo.
And if you think you are impressing someone with dual fmg's, think again.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Yea, I think it's complete bullshit. There were ways to avoid the spawn tubes in every map. I got hit by maybe a handful of spawn tubes in my entire MW2 career... and I played the shit out of that game. Go left instead of running straight when the match starts. How hard is that? Not to mention this game has nerfed the shit out of explosives, especially tubes.

And if you think I'm trying to "impress," think again. I posted earlier that it was an effective loadout, even post-patch, and I had evidence of it. I was demonstrating the EASE OF USE / Overpowerdness if that loadout. Get a clue.

Finally got around to beating the campaign today. Fun stuff. At the end,
hanging the bad guy with a rappelling cable
wasn't as cool as
pulling a knife out of your chest and throwing it into the bad guy's eye
in MW2, but it was at least cooler than the lame ending scene in Black Ops.

kuYuri

Drop Zone is quite the clusterfuck as expected of KotH gameplay, but you get little XP despite what the in-game scoreboard might tell you. Also, I can't seem to get certain challenges to complete. For example, I got Stealth Bomb as final killcam, but no challenge completed for it. Weapon challenges still seem to work though.

If you play it, be ready for tons of explosions (SMAW, Javelin, etc).

Drop Zone is quite the clusterfuck as expected of KotH gameplay, but you get little XP despite what the in-game scoreboard might tell you. Also, I can't seem to get certain challenges to complete. For example, I got Stealth Bomb as final killcam, but no challenge completed for it. Weapon challenges still seem to work though.

If you play it, be ready for tons of explosions (SMAW, Javelin, etc).

Not to mention you can expect someone to get killed by a falling package at least three times per match.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Yea, I think it's complete bullshit. There were ways to avoid the spawn tubes in every map. I got hit by maybe a handful of spawn tubes in my entire MW2 career... and I played the shit out of that game. Go left instead of running straight when the match starts. How hard is that? Not to mention this game has nerfed the shit out of explosives, especially tubes.

And if you think I'm trying to "impress," think again. I posted earlier that it was an effective loadout, even post-patch, and I had evidence of it. I was demonstrating the EASE OF USE / Overpowerdness if that loadout. Get a clue.

off course you are allowed to your own opinion, it just boggles my mind that you think spawn protection is complete bullshit out of all the things.
and i think everyone got the clue when literally all the kids run around with dual fmg, its super easy mode. No need to demonstrate in a video what everybody already experienced and knows from day 1.

Getting an Osprey Gunner from the drop and then waiting for the next drop to use it is one of the best moments I have had on this game, no skill involved it was damn fun.

I really hope all the custom game options get a chance on this playlist.

Yeah that's great for KC and TDM, unfortunately some of us actually PLAY the objectives in certain games which is exactly where it was abused. I played a lot of Domination and it got ridiculous on certain maps where basically you wouldn't ever go for the opening flag because it meant certain death.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
IW simply refuse to acknowledge any good that Treyarch bring to the series in this respect.

Their pathetic rivalry is annoying at this point, if they actually worked together we would get better games out the end of it.

IW are far too up their own asses to do that obviously and Activision as a whole doesn't seem to care instead of being like the other big publishers for example EA and Sony who's developers actually seem to work together sometimes to help each other.
Treyarch gets a lot of shit, but they at least try to do something new with their games instead of the copy/paste jobs that MW2/3 have been.

Hey they did bring Gun game and One in the Chamber for MW3.
Only in Custom games though

Might as well not be there imo, all or nothing, lol.

The Wager Matches were some of the most fun with friends I've had online in a CoD, more so when we are all sitting in a room together but at this point it doesn't look like they give a crap considering they added a cluster fuck like Drop Zone instead of an actual good mode.

tsigo

I haven't played in about two weeks. Came back tonight and so many people are using the motion detector. Did someone post a video about it being awesome, or something?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
First CoD dev to fix host drop outs will be the greatest ever.

Pretty sure at least half my losses are from host rage quits.

tigerin

how come you not securing the area?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
how come you not securing the area?

To be fair they already had 2. Often it is better to not have all 3, depends on the map.

That said, the amount of people I come across in domination who simply don't care about the objective is astounding. Makes the playlist nice for me though, only place I can consistently win in MW3.

Top Bottom