• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

just when I was starting to get the hang of this game why the fuck do they go and force Domination into the Mercenary play list? Domination fucking sucks on these maps.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just played against a guy who got two MOABs in one match (Kill Confirmed on Arkaden). He was pretty damn good. Funny thing is, my team still won — by one point. The match ended right before his second one detonated.

ajf009

vatstep said:
Just played against a guy who got two MOABs in one match (Kill Confirmed on Arkaden). He was pretty damn good. Funny thing is, my team still won — by one point. The match ended right before his second one detonated.

K/D means nothing in kill confirmed, its all about the confirm & deny / kills

Hey, Infinity Ward, how FUCKING hard is it to stop matching me up with people in other countries? I'm in Georgia in the United States. I don't want to play with people from fucking Colombia or Madrid. Black Ops never did this with Local Search enabled.

FUCK YOU.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
K/D means nothing in kill confirmed, its all about the confirm & deny / kills
I know, but it shows how terrible the rest of his team was. Even if he wasn't picking up his own tags, his teammates could've practically won the match on his kills alone by picking them up. I'm not about to downplay the achievement just because he did it in KC.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Infinity Ward, I have an idea for you. Free of charge.

Leave with party
Leave alone
Cancel

Would it be that hard to simply include options? What do you have against options? Is it because Treyarch use options and you pride yourself on not taking their (superior) features?

Stantron

There is a laundry list of good features that Treyarch has pioneered for the series, which IW refuses to adopt. It seems IW has had a smug attitude towards Treyarch that started since cod3. Unfortunate. I like both devs.

There is a laundry list of good features that Treyarch has pioneered for the series, which IW refuses to adopt. It seems IW has had a smug attitude towards Treyarch that started since cod3. Unfortunate. I like both devs.

And just imagine the game we could have if it used all the best features from both devs for once. Mmmm.

They did take from Treyarch the worst thing ever introduced to the series- lag compensation.

Infinity Ward, I have an idea for you. Free of charge.

Leave with party
Leave alone
Cancel

Would it be that hard to simply include options? What do you have against options? Is it because Treyarch use options and you pride yourself on not taking their (superior) features?

Huh?

If you're in a party you can leave a game and back out with your party members, or you can leave alone. Or are you talking about something else?

Played some post-patch last night. Played a few games on my own, felt great. I was so excited that the lag was finally gone. Then got into a party with friends and as usual (happens often while in parties for me) the lag was back. Maybe not quite as bad as before as I played several matches where everything felt right but still had a few where everything felt very wrong.

Also tried one game of Drop Zone. Not sure what I did but I got on Ospray Gunner and raped with it. Got 27000XP. Must have been a challenege or something. It was fun but probably not something I'd play all the time.

My next wish list is to please get rid of the tac insert garbage on KC. At first I was like LOL an extra free kill, these guys are so stupid! But now that all the douchebags have caught on it's an easy couple of cheap deaths for me per game when youve gotta pause for a sec and wait to see if the guy is gonna repsawn before you run and grab the tag. then if you DONT pause, youre gonna get shot in the face. Its cheap as fuck, please get rid of it.

X-Frame

The Striker is so much fun, especially in CQ maps. I get 40-50+ kills easy with over 2.00 KDR with that thing.

Is the Extended Mags still bugged that it gives more pellets? I haven't unlocked it yet.

The Striker is so much fun, especially in CQ maps. I get 40-50+ kills easy with over 2.00 KDR with that thing.

Is the Extended Mags still bugged that it gives more pellets? I haven't unlocked it yet.

On 360 it deifnitely is.

IW said they were going to remove the glitch until everyone started telling them that the shotguns were useless without the glitch.

Risible

What modes do you guys play? I play Team Defender and Kill Confirmed pretty much exclusively and never see numbers like that. Usually the top player is in the high 20s or so.

That's like the post a few up who said someone got two MOABS in one KC match...wtf? How is that much rapage possible, especially with the random spawns? And to get two MOABS and the LOSE seems nigh impossible.

Edit: I should say that I rarely sees scores like that. Of course occasionally I'll see someone in the 40s, but that's super-rare if they're not an obvious aim-bot. Hell, I played with a dude a few days ago who was aimbotting and made no bones about it and he was only in the 40s or so by the end of the match.

X-Frame

What modes do you guys play? I play Team Defender and Kill Confirmed pretty much exclusively and never see numbers like that. Usually the top player is in the high 20s or so.

That's like the post a few up who said someone got two MOABS in one KC match...wtf? How is that much rapage possible, especially with the random spawns? And to get two MOABS and the LOSE seems nigh impossible.

Edit: I should say that I rarely sees scores like that. Of course occasionally I'll see someone in the 40s, but that's super-rare if they're not an obvious aim-bot. Hell, I played with a dude a few days ago who was aimbotting and made no bones about it and he was only in the 40s or so by the end of the match.

Domination mostly. KC is a lower scoring game usually.

vatstep

Are you freaking kidding me? Infinity Ward is so lazy it's insane.

I don't see how that makes them lazy. They made a change, and that was it – they didn't feel that they needed to be significantly nerfed for whatever reason. I'm not happy about it, but they make the call, not me.

I don't see how that makes them lazy. They made a change, and that was it – they didn't feel that they needed to be significantly nerfed for whatever reason. I'm not happy about it, but they make the call, not me.

Lazy because they want to put all these guns and features into the game but don't care to balance them.

The game is clearly unbalanced but they refuse to do anything about it. That is laziness my friend.

So they gave a TINY tweak to a couple of guns to make them VERY slightly harder to use in a specific situation and we are supposed to be okay with that?

I've lost count of how many times treyarch patched the knife so that it pissed people off as little as possible. And that was just the knife. If treyarch can put the effort into constantly rebalancing their game then so can IW.

But instead we get NEW GAME MODES.

They clearly are doing everything they can to distract people from the fact that they suck at balancing their games and haven't been decent at it since CoD4.

Fantasmo

So they gave a TINY tweak to a couple of guns to make them VERY slightly harder to use in a specific situation and we are supposed to be okay with that?

I've lost count of how many times treyarch patched the knife so that it pissed people off as little as possible. And that was just the knife. If treyarch can put the effort into constantly rebalancing their game then so can IW.

They clearly are doing everything they can to distract people from the fact that they suck at balancing their games and haven't been decent at it since CoD4.
I agree they need another nerf, but it's only been out for TWO months. Calm down! The two most annoying weapons already got a nerf and plenty of bugs got fixed already and there have already been several patches.

Also, Modern Warfare 2 didn't get updates because they were going to jump ship. That's not the case here.

vatstep

I'm not okay with it, but I've decided that I can live with it for now since they've at least been pretty consistent in taking care of other issues. Robert Bowling (if you can believe him — he's been pretty transparent over the last month, I'd say) keeps saying that other things not relating to bug/performance fixes will start to be addressed after the holidays. I'll wait and see what those are, but the game is at least playable for me in its current state (couldn't always say that for MW2).

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Huh?

If you're in a party you can leave a game and back out with your party members, or you can leave alone. Or are you talking about something else?

Really? How?

It just says "are you sure you want to leave with party?" Yes/No

I'm talking about in lobbies, haven't tried in game.

Karl2177

There's not much more awesome than getting hate messages for camping, and then talking them out of the hate. Almost have my Type 95 complete for kills and attachments.

I decided to prestige after all since my k/d ratio had kind of plateaued and thought I could use some new challenges but I definitely fucked up by choosing claymore as my prestige item. Would have been much better off by taking the Assassin perk or the Type 95. I feel like I'm getting smoked without the Assassin since the UAV seems to be on 24/7 and I might as well have a "shoot at me" sign over my head. Can't flank anyone either. Stinger would have been a decent choice as well since no one seems to shoot down any enemy aircrafts (at least not my team mates) and the SMAW is absolutely useless. Aahhh, this is going to be a painful journey to get my shit back.

zam

I decided to prestige after all since my k/d ratio had kind of plateaued and thought I could use some new challenges but I definitely fucked up by choosing claymore as my prestige item. Would have been much better off by taking the Assassin perk or the Type 95. I feel like I'm getting smoked without the Assassin since the UAV seems to be on 24/7 and I might as well have a "shoot at me" sign over my head. Can't flank anyone either. Stinger would have been a decent choice as well since no one seems to shoot down any enemy aircrafts (at least not my team mates) and the SMAW is absolutely useless. Aahhh, this is going to be a painful journey to get my shit back.
Getting to lvl 27 to get Assassin only takes 1-2 hours of playing.

Getting to lvl 27 to get Assassin only takes 1-2 hours of playing.

Yeah, didn't remember that you level up this fast... just got the Assassin back. Should have switched to Kill Confirmed much earlier though. TDM is much tougher without the Assassin but in KC it doesn't really matter.

Jrmint

Yea I unlocked Assassin and the MP7. Everything else I'm happy to unlock as I go.

Was broswing the IW website looking for any news of if more custom gametypes will appear in matchmaking and came across this:

In the past, up to World at War, everybody had near equal abilities in close engagements, involving who had the better reaction speed. The victory in each engagement, is presented to the player, who managed to stay ahead of that reaction curve. I believed that was a fair system for a shooter game, because it determined true skill and awareness.

But when MW3 released, that entire system was tarnished. Now players are rewarded, no longer just because of their quick reactions, but for the lucky perk selections they made, which benefited their survival. In this case, Sleight of Hand and Quickdraw.

I agree fully with that statement, and I hate how they have nerfed the players base abilitys to make perks like Quickdraw work. Everyone should be on a good level footing in terms of the base mechanics of the game. Perks should be like the icing on top to help different playstyles rather than being something that effect the fundamentals of player ability.

I for one am enjoying the hell out of drop zone, having great games there.

My drop zone class is...
AK-47 with grenade launcher
RPG-7
Frag Grenades
Trophy System
Perks: Extreme Conditioning, Blast Shield Pro, Stalker Pro

Just off about 10 games, raised my K/D from 1.05 to 1.067 (and with almost 2 days in, thats some good games.)

With the care packages, almost all are good, but the best one of the bunch for me is the AH-^ Overwatch. Get that, and when you feel the spot is about to move, predict it, find a nice tucked away place to hold the zone, and watch the points come flooding in.

NYR

The AK-47 is a POS this game. Worst Assault Rifle by far.

Crazy recoil, but if you can work it, it can be beastly. I don't put it as a top tier assault rifle though. For me, type 95, ACR and the SCAR are the best AR, but I roll SMGs all the time so that should pretty much sum up my thoughts on assault rifles in this game.

Karl2177

All that is missing is dual FMGs for he trifecta of shameful tactics.

The best part about it is that I was camping with the P99 silenced, and managed to steal someone's Type 95 with a Thermal on it. I went from 36 kills Thermal to the 40 needed for the challenge, which was the last attachment one I needed for it. Now I'm working on the M14 and M4.

Top Bottom