• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calverz

Taking a break to watch football. Has anyone here got to level 25? Is the armour challenges the only way to unlock all the tacticals and lethals?

jorgejjvr

Games are extra sweaty, and it feels like I get insta melted and I kill people with the normal time to kill.

I'm hoping once I'm back to US servers and it opens to everyone, that it gets better

Justin9mm

This is a buy for me purely for the increased TTK and the return of the original maps. It's going to make for some fun gameplay again like the old days.

But man, I'm waiting for my physical copy to arrive from Amazon today and I'm not looking forward to the installation shit show I'm about to experience. It's downright unacceptable how they handle this.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Taking a break to watch football. Has anyone here got to level 25? Is the armour challenges the only way to unlock all the tacticals and lethals?
Yeah you are welcomed with a screen like this just need to start winning now for the daily challenges

4s4hUQ4.jpg

let me put it in this way. You go to a stakehouse. You pay for a three course dinner. But the dessert is an icecream made of shit....

Oh..what are reviewing the ice cream of shit, bro? No one goes to a steakhouse for icecream.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
let me put it in this way. You go to a stakehouse. You pay for a three course dinner. But the dessert is an icecream made of shit....

Oh..what are reviewing the ice cream of shit, bro? No one goes to a steakhouse for icecream.

But I can have an amazing steak but if ANY part of my meal is shit they don’t get a tip :)

Meanwhile, most adults will probably give have have given it a wide birth.
CoD has spent more time being formulaic than it has innovative. Since the 2nd yearly release since CoD4 it was very apparent what was happening.

I'd honestly expect any real fan is probably aware of that and doesn't care. It has a formula that it executes well and that won't change.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
Do any of the "major" sites actually review the multiplayer aspect? Which is really what this game is about lol

Justin9mm

Why even bother reviewing the campaign? Nobody buys it for that.
I for one am mostly interested in the MP, but for the retail price of the game, considering the amount of micro transactions, they should be offering a decent SP campaign in the product. So I think to some degree it should matter, I always still enjoy the campaign in addition to the MP so it is still important to me that is at least half decent.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Man watching that video makes me want to buy lol I love those maps. Ugh…
That and the TTK increase should be reason enough alone to buy it.

The beta was fun and it was like the old days where you can have some good funny moments battling it out with someone because of the TTK.

twilo99

Gold Member
Man watching that video makes me want to buy lol I love those maps. Ugh…

The game feels really good.

I’m not going to say that it’s better than 2019 because I that game really clicked with me as far as how it felt on mouse and keyboard, so I’ll give it at least a few weeks before final judgement, but overall, this is a solid CoD game.

I think everyone has a favorite CoD, the one they enjoyed the most.. it will be hard to beat that I think, but it get close enough..

Which one is did you enjoy the most?

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

I feel like I'm in a constant $1mil tournament in every match in this game lol

Hoping it fixes itself when we're back to US servers and everyone else joins in

twilo99

Gold Member
I feel like I'm in a constant $1mil tournament in every match in this game lol

Hoping it fixes itself when we're back to US servers and everyone else joins in

All the “pros” are grinding guns and such and I bet the skill based algo is going crazy. Should be better once we get more people playing the game

wolffy66

I for one am mostly interested in the MP, but for the retail price of the game, considering the amount of micro transactions, they should be offering a decent SP campaign in the product. So I think to some degree it should matter, I always still enjoy the campaign in addition to the MP so it is still important to me that is at least half decent.
You buy the game and spend 5 hours in the campaign and 1 year in multiplayer. Campaign is largely irrelevant

twilo99

Gold Member
The movement is what sold me on the game. I would have skipped this one if it still felt like MWII. From what I've heard, WZ3 feels even better.

How? Isn’t it essentially the exact same game, just bigger map? I could be wrong of course. Warzone 1 and CoD 2019 felt exactly the same to me

twilo99

Gold Member
You buy the game and spend 5 hours in the campaign and 1 year in multiplayer. Campaign is largely irrelevant

They shouldn’t release a campaign on an yearly basis, that’s just unrealistic if they want to actually make a compelling single player campaign. I really don’t know how many people actually buy this game for the campaign..

nikos

How? Isn’t it essentially the exact same game, just bigger map? I could be wrong of course. Warzone 1 and CoD 2019 felt exactly the same to me

Honestly, I'm not sure. According to IceManIsaac, it feels better but that's to be taken with some salt lol. Perhaps it's tweaked a bit compared to multiplayer.

I'm ultimately looking forward to Warzone. Hopefully it's good. Played a ton of Verdansk and Rebirth but it started to go downhill with Caldera for me and I ultimately stopped playing earlier this year. Hoping they can bring that magic back.

twilo99

Gold Member
I'm not hearing footsteps that well anymore

Yeah I’ve been playing Counter Strike and Halo for the past few months while waiting for this, both of which have decent audio in my opinion, so.. I’ll see how this goes lol

Do you have Dolby Atmos? It seems to help.

Justin9mm

So you decided to literally ignore my reasoning to say what you wanted to say anyway. If you read my post, you would understand why it is relevant. Choosing to ignore it doesn't make you right.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
Honestly, I'm not sure. According to IceManIsaac, it feels better but that's to be taken with some salt lol. Perhaps it's tweaked a bit compared to multiplayer.

I'm ultimately looking forward to Warzone. Hopefully it's good. Played a ton of Verdansk and Rebirth but it started to go downhill with Caldera for me and I ultimately stopped playing earlier this year. Hoping they can bring that magic back.

yeah, they could be doing some fine tuning for the bigger map, so I can see how someone like him would be able to feel a difference, but essentially, for most people, it’s the same thing.

I hope the map is as good or better than the current one. Caldera was rough. I think if they get the map right, it will be very good.

The team responsible for the all the warzone maps is actually solid so .. looking forward to what they’ve cooked up

Last edited:

nikos

yeah, they could be doing some fine tuning for the bigger map, so I can see how someone like him would be able to feel a difference, but essentially, for most people, it’s the same thing.

I hope the map is as good or better than the current one. Caldera was rough. I think if they get the map right, it will be very good.

The team responsible for the all the warzone maps is actually solid so .. looking forward to what they’ve cooked up

Yeah, it's going to rely heavily on the map. New map doesn't have its highest point at the center like Al Mazrah and Caldera did. I don't think many people were a fan of that.

Mythoclast

Really liking MP rn

Couple of questions:

What does the recommended "fire" icon thing on weapons mean?

How can I look at my overall KD record?

I heard that there are some gunsmith unlocks specific to challenges? How do I unlock those challenges?

M.W.

Really liking MP rn

Couple of questions:

What does the recommended "fire" icon thing on weapons mean?

How can I look at my overall KD record?

I heard that there are some gunsmith unlocks specific to challenges? How do I unlock those challenges?

I think if you use the recommended gun you get bonus xp?

Overall stats are not avail yet, but it's under the start menu (on console press start) and you get the COD HQ, Battle Pass, Store, Social, Progression, and STATS which are greyed out.

Challenges no clue

nikos

Holy shit this game is fucking horrible so far. I'd refund it if I could.

The maps I've seen are almost all terrible.

Movement feels worse than I remember in the beta. Tac sprint takes way too long to refresh, then it feels random when it does and you automatically start tac sprinting again. Movement is the reason I bought this game and it's almost as bad as MWII. The movement itself also feels laggy overall even at 10-30 ping. Maybe the server are slammed.

Hardcore mode is a complete campfest. People just hold angles like a bunch of pussies, as if they only have a single life. You run around looking for people to kill, because that's what's fun and the point of this game, and get shot in the back by somebody camping half the time.

War Mode was horrible. Everybody was holding angles on a single point that needed to be captured. Maybe I joined at a bad time but I exited that game real quick.

Thought I'd enjoy the larger scale modes a bit more but Invasion was a chaotic shit-show in a bad way. Wasn't in the mood to try Ground War right but I know it from previous games. It may be a bit better.

Zombies takes place in Urzikstan. Getting to see the map is cool, and it's nice from what I've seen, but the actual mode kind of feels like a chore to play.

Perhaps I'm just tired. I'll try again tomorrow but my experience was really bad so far. I don't know how I went from having fun in the beta to whatever the fuck I played tonight.

TLDR: It's CoD.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Time for some SERIOUS confessing.

Let It Out Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I fucking LOVE Call Of Duty. I buy it every year. Every. Fucking. Year. Sometimes on multiple platforms. And I have since the first Call Of Duty.

And I love this game. I don't care who knows it anymore. It's fucking great.

I have read the comments in here talking about how shit it is, and how it's a lazy, retarded, horrible cash grab by a shitty company, and it's a shitty franchise that appeals to zoomers and morons and losers. You may be right.

But, I don't care. Because here's what I know - when I squeeze that trigger, and I watch markers flying out of an enemy's head, and I get that rumble in the controller, it's like crack. My eyes roll back in my fucking head and I start breathing heavily. I just don't care about anything. It's like Trainspotting.

I just played a full round of zombies, and survived to exfil. And it was awesome. Every second of it was awesome. Shooting zombies, driving trucks, blowing shit up - amazing.

I get it. It lacks the depth of Baldur's Gate 3, and it lacks the elegance of God Of War, and it's an ugly mess of skins and predatory monetisation, and I JUST DON'T CARE. Suck it, nerds! I'm going to give Activision MORE money to play as fucking Skeletor or Carrot Top or John Holmes or whatever horseshit they dream up and nobody will stop me.

10/10

twilo99

Gold Member
Switching from CS2 to this is so jarring lol game feels like some kind of arcade mode compared to CS but I have to say.. its a lot of fun. Game feels good to me. Only played for a few hours, used some tokens... level 23

Top Bottom