• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twilo99

Gold Member
I have the FPS limit set to 165 for in game and 60 for the menu but it doesn't seem to be working. Anyone else having an issue with it? Its just acting like its unlimited

Last edited:

Kerotan

This is a buy for me purely for the increased TTK and the return of the original maps. It's going to make for some fun gameplay again like the old days.

But man, I'm waiting for my physical copy to arrive from Amazon today and I'm not looking forward to the installation shit show I'm about to experience. It's downright unacceptable how they handle this.
If you get bot lobbies sure but in sweaty lobbies you get insta melted. Plus give it two seasons and they'll be bringing out "metas" like they always do.

Uhh no, if you have cod hq installed, it will automatically download and update you with mwIII files
Well that settles it then. I dont want unwanted shit on my PS5. Most agressive marketing ever. Not gonna buy it? Let us still install it and hold your storage hostage!

Surely it can be deleted?

Well that settles it then. I dont want unwanted shit on my PS5. Most agressive marketing ever. Not gonna buy it? Let us still install it and hold your storage hostage!

Surely it can be deleted?
Surely you can remove the files or choose to not install them? On Steam you can pick and choose what packs to install and if I remember rightly you could do the same on consoles.

Surely you can remove the files or choose to not install them? On Steam you can pick and choose what packs to install and if I remember rightly you could do the same on consoles.
If this is in some way intertwined with MW2 files and can't be removed, I'll just remove everything and go back to Cold War.

BigLee74

Forgot that I preordered this turd because of the beta.

Returned It today. No way I'm paying 80€ for a mp game with a garbage sp campaigne.

So you preordered a game on the strength of its multiplayer, but returned it because of a single player campaign that is generally always done and dusted in 5 hours? If it helps, the campaign is nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews would have you believe (and the MP is likely excellent as always)…

Turd 💩 😂

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Really liking MP rn

Couple of questions:

What does the recommended "fire" icon thing on weapons mean?

How can I look at my overall KD record?

I heard that there are some gunsmith unlocks specific to challenges? How do I unlock those challenges?
The fire recommended have weekly challenges that says something like “Get 15 headshots with a silenced recommended assault rifle”

Not sure about your other questions

MikeM

Gold Member
That and the TTK increase should be reason enough alone to buy it.

The beta was fun and it was like the old days where you can have some good funny moments battling it out with someone because of the TTK.
Yeah it reminds me of CW which I preferred over MW2.
The game feels really good.

I’m not going to say that it’s better than 2019 because I that game really clicked with me as far as how it felt on mouse and keyboard, so I’ll give it at least a few weeks before final judgement, but overall, this is a solid CoD game.

I think everyone has a favorite CoD, the one they enjoyed the most.. it will be hard to beat that I think, but it get close enough..

Which one is did you enjoy the most?
CW has been my favourite over the last while. I’m more into the longer TTK styles. Now im just debating if I go PS5 or PC…

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So glad its launch day so I can shut off cross play and get away from PC

Only ran into a couple of "questionable" players last night with one group all named close to the same names that were 100% cheating

So you preordered a game on the strength of its multiplayer, but returned it because of a single player campaign that is generally always done and dusted in 5 hours? If it helps, the campaign is nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews would have you believe (and the MP is likely excellent as always)…

Turd 💩 😂
You don't get it. I've preordered because of the beta key.

Not because I really wanted the game.🥱

splattered

I feel like we're about to see a defense force wave of negative opinions like we did with Starfield. Seeing a little bit of it already imo. "Microsoft owns it so now COD bad!" To be fair no idea whether any of those sort even played COD to begin with (or any games for that matter) so I'll just ignore and decide for myself. The amount of positive impressions in this thread already tell me what I need to know.. it's more of the same game I buy every year but with improvements. I'll take it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You don't get it. I've preordered because of the beta key.

Not because I really wanted the game.🥱
I do that all the time when there is a beta.

Gamestop lets me preorder it for $5 print my code then cancel it
I feel like we're about to see a defense force wave of negative opinions like we did with Starfield. Seeing a little bit of it already imo. "Microsoft owns it so now COD bad!" To be fair no idea whether any of those sort even played COD to begin with (or any games for that matter) so I'll just ignore and decide for myself. The amount of positive impressions in this thread already tell me what I need to know.. it's more of the same game I buy every year but with improvements. I'll take it.
It feels very solid and for me nothing quite compares to that faster paced arcade type of action that I can jump in and play a few matches then bail.

I will warn the wall hackers are on PC already and even people are streaming themselves cheating

Played a few matches and it's alright. Nothing to write home about and aside from the TTK, it seems the same as MWII to me. It's a little better sure, but I can't justify £60 for what feels like such a small update so refunded it, especially since campaign is trash and the Zombies mode doesn't look very good.

I'll get it on sale for £30 early next year when it hits the inevitable 50% off.

splattered

I do that all the time when there is a beta.

Gamestop lets me preorder it for $5 print my code then cancel it

It feels very solid and for me nothing quite compares to that faster paced arcade type of action that I can jump in and play a few matches then bail.

I will warn the wall hackers are on PC already and even people are streaming themselves cheating
I always turn off cross play because of that. I saw a bunch of posts on Twitter saying that some companies had tried to create software to block Cronus and XIM etc but that they were defeated within 24 hours. I hate hackers I hate hackers

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I always turn off cross play because of that. I saw a bunch of posts on Twitter saying that some companies had tried to create software to block Cronus and XIM etc but that they were defeated within 24 hours. I hate hackers I hate hackers
Doing the New Zealand trick on PS5 I tried turning off crossplay but was not enough people playing so was forced to playing against PC players but not this morning :)

Osthyvel

The maps!

I actually think i like mwz, i have always thought roundbased zombies were really good but it never got me hooked, this i can see myself playing a lot.

That maps!

Looking forward to start the campaign later this evening.

Did i mention the maps?

It plays a lot better the mw2 in mp.

It also has amazing maps.

Last edited:

calistan

Judi Dench is a 4/10 and Meryl Streep is a 6/10. That doesn't mean I wanna fuck Meryl Streep. I wanna fuck Gal Gadot.
3SllyPW.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
Judi Dench is a 4/10 and Meryl Streep is a 6/10. That doesn't mean I wanna fuck Meryl Streep. I wanna fuck Gal Gadot.
Yes but Glenn Close is a 3 and a half in Fatal Attraction and yet Michael Douglas wants to fuck her. How do you explain that ?
Fatal-Attraction-glenn-close-35231722-1854-3000.jpg

I don't have any it was just a mean for me to post this bit

Killjoy-NL

Been playing since yesterday. Withpit a shadow of doubt the best call of duty multiplayer on recent years. And the maps man... Just fucking fun
This.

It's also fun to see all the old maps return.
And it's nice that almost all the unlocks carry over. Really would've hated it to start all over.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Vanguard came with 16 maps at launch and had classic maps like sub pins, castle and I could see this game doing the same amount of maps, doing 8/10 reviews but until they clean up the perk, loadout systems it’s just selling millions because of the name.

Nvzman

Almost completed the campaign. This isn't a 4 by any stretch. Maybe a 6. Some missions are actually really good fun
Yea I'm going to be honest, while it is very obvious that MWIII is basically re-worked DLC for MWII, the hate its getting online is not entirely being fair to the game.

Yes, its annoying that MWII was originally supposed to be a two year game (which was only ever leaked; never officially said) and MWIII is basically year 2 as a $70 game, but it does have enough content in it to justify it being a separate game.
People are bitching about how disgusting of a business practice it is, what the fuck were they expecting if it actually was released as DLC? FREE DLC? a 4-5 hour campaign, 14 maps, and a zombies mode for free? Its definitely not one of the most content-heavy CoD games but the plan from the beginning was that it was always going to be paid DLC that ended up just becoming its own game, which from a playerbase and financial perspective makes way more sense. I'm also happy the game got handed off to Sledgehammer, because imo MWIII's multiplayer plays significantly better than MWII or MW2019 because they actually listened to fan complaints (dead silence perk, red dots on radar, etc).

If this was just MWII DLC made by IW and still using MWII's mechanics there is no way I would have bought this, but as it is I'm actually enjoying it a lot. I think a lot of the online hate its coming from is stemming from people just looking to bash Activision (which I think is pretty fair though) and most people who barely play cod see every game as "the same thing every year" (which it is not; although MWIII is probably the closest to it being true) so they just say clueless things.

Ogbert

Gold Member
The maps are great.

Zombies is fun. Solo is feasible (up to a point). It’s DMZ missions with the standard upgrade system alongside it.

Liking it so far.

splattered

How long is the current battlepass going to be available? I think the spawn characters are freakin cool but i dont want to get this battlepass if we only have like a month or less left on it. I got the vault edition but i didnt see like a free redeem token or anything? It was asking me to buy... didnt click into yet it as i have to go grocery shopping for a bit.

I replayed Advanced Warfare recently - the graphics are still great 9 years later (except for the lowish resolution). A decent campaign too.
I replayed AW recently on pc and with the fov hack, it's great. But for some reason, what I considered a blessing in the day (I end up getting tired fast of loud guns), the ones in AW sound too much like a toy for me currently

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
This will probably never happen because we're living in Bobby's world where even Black Ops 2 from 12 years ago still costs 70 bucks, lol.
This fucking pisses me off so much. Even the CDKey sites don't have good deals on them. How the hell does Activision think it's ok to charge 40 dollars for Black ops 1.

Top Bottom