• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Gerdav

2v2 still the only mode worth playing tbh

If I wanna play the normal maps, I'd rather chill and play bots, at least i dont have to deal with the standard cod bullshit

I agree on 2v2 I love that mode, but what annoys me about it and it’s back to SBMM, it still takes your K/D from a few matches of it and applies it to the other modes which really screw things up even more than SBMM normally does in my case.

Mista

Banned
Been rocking the Kar98 today mostly and damn this gun is brilliant. They want tactical gameplay? I’ll give them tactical gameplay! Weapon level from 1 to 20 just today😅

Reactions: Isa

Gerdav

Does anyone know what the actual criteria is for levelling up the battle pass, I just grinded through three levels to get 100 cod points, double weapon xp and something else that I can’t remember, and now I just flew through a tier when all it unlocked was a spray paint thing in literally 2 or 3 matches at most.

Mista

Banned
Does anyone know what the actual criteria is for levelling up the battle pass, I just grinded through three levels to get 100 cod points, double weapon xp and something else that I can’t remember, and now I just flew through a tier when all it unlocked was a spray paint thing in literally 2 or 3 matches at most.
It’s all about the XP. My advice is play the trials it gives a lot of XP

GenericUser

I noticed last night it felt much slower to level as well. Not sure if it’s because of the double XP or they upped the XP required.
Yep, correct, noticed that right away. I had to play 5 matches of tdm to gain half a level. Stupid. And I don't feel like tackling these challenges, they often try to enfore a certain playstyle that just not suits me. I want to play the game my way.

This game died fast. RIP MW.
10/25/19 - 12/03/19

All my buddies already abandoned the game. I'll also go back to RBS as my main MP game with a little BF5 and MW on the side.

Mista

Banned
I noticed last night it felt much slower to level as well. Not sure if it’s because of the double XP or they upped the XP required.
Because before the reset ranking up took 10k xp and now they doubled it and made it 20k. They didn’t say anything about it too!

Kagey K

Banned
Because before the reset ranking up took 10k xp and now they doubled it and made it 20k. They didn’t say anything about it too!
I knew it felt off, and much slower, but I wanted to wait a few days just to make sure double XP wasn’t clouding my perception.

Gerdav

I knew it felt slower in the normal modes, last night was the first time i have played Gunfight since season 1 launched, in a hour i barely moved up a quarter of a rank and I was doing quite well, positive K/D and I would guesstimate around a 70% win ratio in that time, I am really starting to believe that the current IW are a studio that likes to practice self harming.

Mista

Banned
I knew it felt slower in the normal modes, last night was the first time i have played Gunfight since season 1 launched, in a hour i barely moved up a quarter of a rank and I was doing quite well, positive K/D and I would guesstimate around a 70% win ratio in that time, I am really starting to believe that the current IW are a studio that likes to practice self harming.
It’s stupid if they think we can’t figure shit out because they weren’t mentioned in the patch notes

They also added a nuke animation. I took a screenshot of it for the people that haven’t seen it yet

QpnnNRH.jpg

Gerdav

They have just released a playlist update, Crash 24/7 is gone and back is Shoot House 24/7, but more significantly they have changed Gunfight, instead of everyone being assigned the same loadout you now start with nothing at all and run around the map and pick a gun and equipment up zombies style by holding X/Square against a wall, IW really are on a crusade to fuck this game up the equal loadouts made Gunfight great, are they love okikg for a redundancy payoff or something?

EDIT
I have no clue what is going on as after two matches like stated above, both happened to be on Docks it’s now back to as it was

Last edited:
After more of my patented run and gun P90 action, regardless of the map (6-17, Hackney Yard), I'm not sure I can keep playing this. The subsequent lobbies are so easy it's embarrassing. I actually feel bad for killing these people. Since I refuse to 'adapt' (overkill, M4A1, 725, Claymore / Proximity Mines, camp), I think I'm done with the game. It's unplayable for me.

Congratulations, IW. You fucked up again. Back to CoD WW2.

Mista

Banned
After more of my patented run and gun P90 action, regardless of the map (6-17, Hackney Yard), I'm not sure I can keep playing this. The subsequent lobbies are so easy it's embarrassing. I actually feel bad for killing these people. Since I refuse to 'adapt' (overkill, M4A1, 725, Claymore / Proximity Mines, camp), I think I'm done with the game. It's unplayable for me.

Congratulations, IW. You fucked up again. Back to CoD WW2.
I’m only playing Ground War and it’s fun

Chittagong

Gold Member
started the multiplayer yesterday after completing the campaign on Veteran

jfc this is difficult. I am at 0.4 W/L and 0.57 K/D. Usually I hover around 1.00. And right after launch should be easier too. Is the community this year particularly hardcore?

Mista

Banned

jfc this is difficult. I am at 0.4 W/L and 0.57 K/D. Usually I hover around 1.00. And right after launch should be easier too. Is the community this year particularly hardcore?
No, the community this year is particularly CAMPERS

So good luck with that till you figure out how to shit on them and turn that K/D up

No. As Mista says above, the entire game is geared towards camping. The deafening footsteps they refuse to address, the maps, the ability to restock your own claymores, the doors......

If you're used to rushing, get used to dying. Or you could 'adapt'. In other words, start camping, too.

Chittagong

Gold Member
No, the community this year is particularly CAMPERS

So good luck with that till you figure out how to shit on them and turn that K/D up
No. As Mista says above, the entire game is geared towards camping. The deafening footsteps they refuse to address, the maps, the ability to restock your own claymores, the doors......

If you're used to rushing, get used to dying. Or you could 'adapt'. In other words, start camping, too.

I noticed this when playing all vs all. In that mode you’ve always need to camp to some extent, so I do seem to do better in that.

The surround audio is crazy helpful but it does encourage being quietly in one place.

I suppose map design also facilities that, lots of places to hide, with very long lines of sight. And then add the perk that hides your name...

Shmunter

Oh yes this. Apex does this but I haven’t seen MW do it yet

I feel this is useless though to be honest
I think it makes sense, if you get continually frustrated you vote and game will match you differently. Couldnt be simpler.

Last edited:

Caffeine

the sbmm has always been your recent matches. outside of aw where you could reverse boost an account to hell and shit on people for a week with out it moving you up a bracket. anyway I uninstalled it every match just became a camp fest and that style to play against is boring beyond measure I would rather go watch paint dry. this is more so than ghosts levels of camping at least in ghosts you could still rush play and shit on campers cause they couldnt see you due to characters blending into the environments for shoddy color pop.

Last edited:

Gerdav

The problem with the SBMM is it’s just broken, it’s just the same nonsense on repeat, start off playing people who are so bad bots on recruit are a harder challenge, I don’t take any satisfaction or enjoyment out of going 40-5 or something in that scenario, after a handful games get recalculated or whatever they are doing, and boom playing a bunch of try hards camping in a corner or their head popping around/over a wall all fully encouraged by IW design choice, after a few games of getting pissed off going 7-20 it’s back to the first stage, there was nothing at all wrong with how matchmaking worked in every other cod., I don’t know a single person who likes or wants this SBMM.

The problem with the SBMM is it’s just broken, it’s just the same nonsense on repeat, start off playing people who are so bad bots on recruit are a harder challenge, I don’t take any satisfaction or enjoyment out of going 40-5 or something in that scenario, after a handful games get recalculated or whatever they are doing, and boom playing a bunch of try hards camping in a corner or their head popping around/over a wall all fully encouraged by IW design choice, after a few games of getting pissed off going 7-20 it’s back to the first stage, there was nothing at all wrong with how matchmaking worked in every other cod., I don’t know a single person who likes or wants this SBMM.
The only people in favour of it either suck ass, or don't actually play the game. There is only one solution. UNINSTALL. It's liberating, believe me.

Gerdav

I am getting closer and closer with every update IW put out, the problem is there is a great game in there somewhere being handicapped by ridiculous decisions, Crash ironically sums it all up in name too, I can’t wait to try Shipment and press X/square to open every single crate while avoiding the whole new area around the whole map with garbage dumpsters conveniently placed so heads can pop over the wall that was the maps boundary before.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
The only people in favour of it either suck ass, or don't actually play the game. There is only one solution. UNINSTALL. It's liberating, believe me.

A lot of people not familiar with how it's been implemented across the Call of Duty series just hear the basic words skill, based, and matchmaking, and assume we're all assholes who just want to stomp sime n00bs. It's not as bad as Black Ops 3. I had to try to my absolute hardest just to hit 1.0 in that game.

Anyone struggling should move their console to the lowest latency display they have on hand. Dont sprint unless you're legitimately far from the action. Focus on the dot in the center and always make sure it's where you expect the enemies to come from. Don't camp but don't necessary rush carelessly either. Anticipate what the shootout might look like in the next frame of action. Go for headshots because they give you an insane time to kill multiplier advantage.

Isa

Gold Member
My only real complaints right now are the overuse of some weapons. Namely the MP5 and its supreme RoF and range can outshoot rifles at medium to long range combined with quick movement and ADS its typically in the kill feed 24/7. The M4 is also insane. Some balancing would go a long way imho, namely weakening smg's at range. But I doubt it'll ever happen since it has been a CoD staple for years. Crash is... interesting. I just wish people would try out more guns, its boring seeing everyone go for OP gear all the time.

Mista

Banned
My only real complaints right now are the overuse of some weapons. Namely the MP5 and its supreme RoF and range can outshoot rifles at medium to long range combined with quick movement and ADS its typically in the kill feed 24/7. The M4 is also insane. Some balancing would go a long way imho, namely weakening smg's at range. But I doubt it'll ever happen since it has been a CoD staple for years. Crash is... interesting. I just wish people would try out more guns, its boring seeing everyone go for OP gear all the time.
For a couple of days now I’ve been only rocking the RAM-7. What a gun

Mista

Banned
Goddamn you need to be lvl 31 in the battlepass to get that thing. I’m only 11, think it’s going to be a few days before I unlock that.
Been grinding the hell out of the BP in every way possible. Never used any of my XP tokens so that helped a lot

Gerdav

I unlocked the Ram-7 yesterday, I only had a chance to play around with it in a handful of games and only got it up to level 5 but so far I think it looks like it could be my new go to gun for the foreseeable future, I had been rolling with the Holger-26 all week too and once getting over the slow ADS and movement that gun had me hooked the 100 round mag was refreshing not having to reload too.

On Tuesday first thing I used after the update was the MP5 from the battle pass and I commented on here how OP it felt instantly but I had not used the MP5 at all outside of being given it in gunfight, I don’t have any issue with the M4 tbh and don’t see it being OP at all and I never really used it, my go to up to this week has been the M13, while also using the MP7 and P90.

Kagey K

Banned
I unlocked the Ram-7 yesterday, I only had a chance to play around with it in a handful of games and only got it up to level 5 but so far I think it looks like it could be my new go to gun for the foreseeable future, I had been rolling with the Holger-26 all week too and once getting over the slow ADS and movement that gun had me hooked the 100 round mag was refreshing not having to reload too.

On Tuesday first thing I used after the update was the MP5 from the battle pass and I commented on here how OP it felt instantly but I had not used the MP5 at all outside of being given it in gunfight, I don’t have any issue with the M4 tbh and don’t see it being OP at all and I never really used it, my go to up to this week has been the M13, while also using the MP7 and P90.
I’ve got the M13 fully leveled, same with the Oden and the Scar so I’m using the Kilo right now because I dropped it around lvl 35.

Top Bottom