• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Mista

Banned
Normally I only play TDM, so thats what I did to start my night. Spent about 3 hours getting 25 Ghost kills. Enemy UAVs arent that common.
24hr Shoot House has been very helpful. I dont know the Ground War maps well TBH.
It doesn't matter. UAV's 24/7 over there and you will rack up kills fast there
Just a suggestion :messenger_horns:

i just bought 2400 CP using my Microsoft account balance on Xbox and it is still showing that my account balance is $20. Has anybody else ever had that happen? In the past when I made a purchase it would immediately remove the money from my account. It’s really weird.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Tried Operation Headhunter in Spec Ops three times. Holy hell. Is this thing even meant to be beatable? I think I had pretty good team mates but the point where half a dozen tanks roll towards you makes Veteran seem like a QTE

Mista

Banned
Tried Operation Headhunter in Spec Ops three times. Holy hell. Is this thing even meant to be beatable? I think I had pretty good team mates but the point where half a dozen tanks roll towards you makes Veteran seem like a QTE
It’s a joke! Don’t even bother playing this garbage until they adjust the absurd difficulty

GHG

Gold Member
I fucking love the kill confirmed mode in this game. I think I'm slightly addicted to it even though I still suck. The pace is just relentless in this game and my aging reaction times struggle to keep up at times.

I'm on PC, if anyone wants to team up or do some co-op stuff then PM me and I'll add you.

Mista

Banned
Paladin was made harder recently. I can get to the 3rd crate but then ...tanks. lmao.

I've beaten all but the first one and Paladin.
It’s unreal. Like nobody minds a challenge but what’s happening with this one is absurd. Me and the lads beat them all but they weren’t fun nor rewarding so basically it’s useless

Rbk_3

The M13 was pretty good for me, high fire rate and can kill at a decent distance. I just finished levelling it last night. I didn’t have much fun with the Scar but I stuck with it.

So far for AR my order goes
Oden - Best gun but you need some attachments the first couple levels were difficult
M13 - Solid from the get go, but gets better
Kilo - Also very solid from the start and can do some damage with a quick ADS and headshots.
M4 - I got off of this as quick as I could because “meta” but it’s very solid. I have it around lvl 45 and will go back to max level it as soon as I finish the Kilo.
Scar - Worst AR for distance, the only gun I have a hard time killing snipers with. I see the flash of light but just can’t kill them before they get the shot. Seems more rush and Mid-range similar to the MP5.

TBH I haven’t messed around much with any other class of guns. Ive always been an AR kind of guy, just don’t go rushing into tight spots and make sure you keep as much distance as you can. If an enemy tries to come rushing at you back up while shooting at him, and corner mount before just tearing into a new room.

What attachments do you recommend to improve the Oden?

By far my best gun KD wise is the PKM. My KD ratio is 1.3 vs slighly over 1 on the M4 but I just don't find it fun to play with.

Last edited:

gioGAF

So mad, they patched the Survival glitch and I failed to capitalize. Does anyone know what they changed (timer, kicked for inactivity, etc.)? Or better yet, if you know of any such exploits, feel free to PM me :)

Meanwhile, SBMM remains in the game, artificially making my experience miserable (do well, put you in lobbies slanted against you, do poorly, put you in lobbies in your favor, rinse and repeat ad infinitum).

They already received as much money as they are going to get from me, I would never buy a Battle Pass tier or cosmetic. Maybe they should focus on making the game itself better with such swiftness.

Kagey K

Banned
What attachments do you recommend to improve the Oden?

By far my best gun KD wise is the PKM. My KD ratio is 1.3 vs slighly over 1 on the M4 but I just don't find it fun to play with.
I posted it a few posts after the one you quoted, but I’ll repeat it.
My loadout probably isn’t optimal but it’s. Colossus Suppresor, PBX Holo (could be switched to reflex for faster ADS), FTAC Elite Comb stock, stippled grip rear, tactical fore grip.

The stock can be switched for a barrel on larger maps like the palace.

The idea is to keep the damage, range and ads up. The trade off is that you sacrifice mobility, so you need to stay at a longer range and have some situal awareness so some of the shotgun/smg runners don’t rush up behind you while you are moving around the map.

Last edited:
Are the daily challenges the same for all players everywhere, or do individual players get random stuff to complete? Just curious about that.
Yesterday I got a challenge to kill 20 players with the Wheelson. The reward was a SWEET little red Ferrarri looking keychain. I always chase keychains. Pretty bummed that I didnt get it TBH. I played 24hr Shoothouse for 5-ish hours and ended with 3 Wheelson kills. lol. Nowhere near the 20 I needed. I was running a Hardline class. Maybe I'll try Killchain next time.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
So I just started playing last night and Ground War is honestly the most fun I’ve had in a long time. Step aside Battlefield, we have a new king in town and it’s the game I least expected to be your replacement at that.
I haven’t played Ground War yet, maybe I should check it out.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I couldn't resist it and bought the ps4 version because pc version crashed all the time(rx580 4gb). I'm using kb+mouse and it's great so far(minimal input lag difference if you don't play it like a pro)(my k/d usually around 0.8/1.2 in almost every fps game). Sometimes it puts you in a gamepad lobby, sometimes in a pc lobby. I can't compete with this young generation either way so not a big game changer or disadvantage for me.

If you hesitate about kb/mouse use in ps4 cod, it's fine imho, i'm happy with it so far.

pc>ps4 mouse/kb>ps4 ds4

LostDonkey

Man i was really enjoying this game. Brought back the simplicity of the original MW online but I haven't played for a while and just logged on and.......

Wtf is all this season and battlepass bullshit. I dont have a clue whats going on now and its made me just not want to play. Why do they keep doing this shit its fucking awful.

Mista

Banned
Man i was really enjoying this game. Brought back the simplicity of the original MW online but I haven't played for a while and just logged on and.......

Wtf is all this season and battlepass bullshit. I dont have a clue whats going on now and its made me just not want to play. Why do they keep doing this shit its fucking awful.
Nothing complicated mate. Battle pass got premium and free tiers, if you bought it you’ll get both rewards and if you didn't you’ll just get the free rewards. Also theres two new weapons and they're free so if you are not interested in all the cosmetics then just ignore and enjoy your time

Bolivar687

Banned

It is pretty ubiquitous.

gioGAF

I would say don't even worry about the Battle Pass or Season 1 stuff. It does nothing to your enjoyment of the game. The relevant things are available at no cost (maps are automatic). There are 2 weapons that unlock for free, both unlocked by Level 31 of the Battle Pass. I also wouldn't worry about those weapons either, one of them is mediocre (LMG), the other is good (AR), but not best in class. Nice additions? Sure. Essential or pay-to-win? Not at all.

Basically, you can ignore the whole thing. It only becomes a problem if you are hung up on cosmetics. You unlock a few cosmetics for free along the Battle Pass progression, but the bulk of them is behind the Battle Pass (which levels up, it seems, with time played).

Liking the game play, maps, etc. is subjective, but the Battle Pass is WAY better than the loot box garbage from the last 2 years. I have everything that is relevant unlocked ~10 days into the "Season" and could care less about the remaining 69 levels. I have also unlocked enough of their currency to buy the "Season 2" Battle Pass (provided they don't raise the cost).

Last edited:

Pakoe

Anyone else having more crashes on PC since the last update?
They're always random DEV error crashes as well..

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ever since the new update, I've been getting this weird hitch every time I spawn? Like, my killcam goes, I spawn in the sky, then as soon as my gun comes up I get a stutter. EVERY. TIME. Then I play the rest of the play with locked FPS and not a single drop. I can't figure out why? Plus sometimes I load a map, my textures take ages to stream in. Again, didn’t happen before.

Then last night, I started getting blocky black squares in certain places in a map. They went away on map change.

Anybody else have these?

Last edited:

Gerdav

It takes a absolute special something to manage to remaster or “reimagine” three of the greatest multiplayer maps in history Crash, Vacant and Shipment and unquestionably fuck every single one up and make them a unenjoyable shitshow congratulations IW, I just hope for their sake this game was developed on a woke equality hiring spree and none of the imbeciles responsible for these decisions where actually hired based on their supposed talent.

Shmunter

I just ignore the meta and go in to pop off a bit

Gerdav

Try and focus on the positives, they didn’t add any doors to Shipment.

Call of Duty: Door Warfare “the real door simulator”

waylo

Banned
Shipment legit always sucked. That map, at least on PC, was never played back in the day. I had over 4K hours on COD4 and I think I maybe played that map half a dozen times (granted, that's mainly because it was never played in Promod games, but still).

Top Bottom