• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Gerdav

I’ve got the M13 fully leveled, same with the Oden and the Scar so I’m using the Kilo right now because I dropped it around lvl 35.

I like the Oden but I found myself getting drawn back to the M13, I don’t get on with the Scar at all and the Kilo is a gun again for some reason I have not touched at all.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I like the Oden but I found myself getting drawn back to the M13, I don’t get on with the Scar at all and the Kilo is a gun again for some reason I have not touched at all.
The M13 was pretty good for me, high fire rate and can kill at a decent distance. I just finished levelling it last night. I didn’t have much fun with the Scar but I stuck with it.

So far for AR my order goes
Oden - Best gun but you need some attachments the first couple levels were difficult
M13 - Solid from the get go, but gets better
Kilo - Also very solid from the start and can do some damage with a quick ADS and headshots.
M4 - I got off of this as quick as I could because “meta” but it’s very solid. I have it around lvl 45 and will go back to max level it as soon as I finish the Kilo.
Scar - Worst AR for distance, the only gun I have a hard time killing snipers with. I see the flash of light but just can’t kill them before they get the shot. Seems more rush and Mid-range similar to the MP5.

TBH I haven’t messed around much with any other class of guns. Ive always been an AR kind of guy, just don’t go rushing into tight spots and make sure you keep as much distance as you can. If an enemy tries to come rushing at you back up while shooting at him, and corner mount before just tearing into a new room.

The M13 was pretty good for me, high fire rate and can kill at a decent distance. I just finished levelling it last night. I didn’t have much fun with the Scar but I stuck with it.

So far for AR my order goes
Oden - Best gun but you need some attachments the first couple levels were difficult
M13 - Solid from the get go, but gets better
Kilo - Also very solid from the start and can do some damage with a quick ADS and headshots.
M4 - I got off of this as quick as I could because “meta” but it’s very solid. I have it around lvl 45 and will go back to max level it as soon as I finish the Kilo.
Scar - Worst AR for distance, the only gun I have a hard time killing snipers with. I see the flash of light but just can’t kill them before they get the shot. Seems more rush and Mid-range similar to the MP5.

TBH I haven’t messed around much with any other class of guns. Ive always been an AR kind of guy, just don’t go rushing into tight spots and make sure you keep as much distance as you can. If an enemy tries to come rushing at you back up while shooting at him, and corner mount before just tearing into a new room.

Oden is so lit man but I feel like I'm loosing every fight most of the time if I'm sprinting and looking for dudes getting capped by wussie campers, just a heavy AR in general and slowish.

Now if I'm stationary or walking slow and got my sights up different story, its Murder Inc, 1-2 bullet max all it takes and they drop like flies.

You don't mind sharing your Odens secret sauce 😄😁

Kagey K

Banned
Oden is so lit man but I feel like I'm loosing every fight most of the time if I'm sprinting and looking for dudes getting capped by wussie campers, just a heavy AR in general and slowish.

Now if I'm stationary or walking slow and got my sights up different story, its Murder Inc, 1-2 bullet max all it takes and they drop like flies.

It’s not a secret, it is what you said, plod slowly from room to room, or if you see them running a certain line, be there to cut them off.

Stay on the outside of the map and find the largest sightlines with the heaviest traffic, and don’t get caught off guard.

My loadout probably isn’t optimal but it’s. Colossus Suppresor, PBX Holo (could be switched to reflex for faster ADS), FTAC Elite Comb stock, stippled grip rear, tactical fore grip.

The stock can be switched for a barrel on larger maps like the palace.

Mista

Banned

The gun hits so hard to the point you can feel it. The slow rof makes it not compete with other ARs unless the one infront of you misses a shot or two

Kagey K

Banned
The gun hits so hard to the point you can feel it. The slow rof makes it not compete with other ARs unless the one infront of you misses a shot or two
My one friend says it sounds like a sniper when it near misses. Aim around the nuts and if you get flinched you end up near the head.

Kagey K

Banned
Didn’t mean the flinch bro. Meant that the gun is so powerful to the point you can feel it when landing a shot. But that’s a nice tactic right there😂🤘🏼
I only do this with the Oden and thats because it only takes 2-3 body shots to kill them. Most of the time though if they see me and shoot back at me, they have me pointed at their head on the second shot.

They do a lot of the work for me.

It’s not a secret, it is what you said, plod slowly from room to room, or if you see them running a certain line, be there to cut them off.

Stay on the outside of the map and find the largest sightlines with the heaviest traffic, and don’t get caught off guard.

My loadout probably isn’t optimal but it’s. Colossus Suppresor, PBX Holo (could be switched to reflex for faster ADS), FTAC Elite Comb stock, stippled grip rear, tactical fore grip.

The stock can be switched for a barrel on larger maps like the palace.

Yea my problem is rushing to much😤 , guns not built for that...but I hate the fact so goddamn much that I have to step down to their level and play campish style of play 😖

Thx for the loadout, there's so much good stuff you can slap on this gun, skys the limit 💪

Kagey K

Banned
Yea my problem is rushing to much😤 , guns not built for that...but I hate the fact so goddamn much that I have to step down to their level and play campish style of play 😖

Thx for the loadout, there's so much good stuff you can slap on this gun, skys the limit 💪
I don’t camp, I’m usually moving, unless I’m at a spot where they keep rushing for revenge, and I’m killing them easily.

Just stick to the outside and watch your sightlines. pull up your crosshairs as you turn a corner or look up at the windows for a sec before you blow in.
Odds are as soon as you look away someone will be there. That’s usually how it works for me.

ESPOMAN

Played the first couple missions. I don't mind it so far. I also played a bit of the multiplayer. I like Domination the most so far. TDM seems like it is a camp fest. I want to try Ground War but I forgot.

Gerdav

Someone from IW mighty be reading this topic, it was suggested on the last page to ask a simple did you have fun in the last match question after a match, well I just had one after a utterly shit camp fest kill confirmed on St Petrograd, didn’t hesitate in answering NO.

Last edited:
Apparently IW is releasing / has released a survey asking people like myself why they have quit the game. The player count must be dropping like a stone. Also, there is talk that the SBMM is somehow tied into the micro transactions. People who buy a lot of shit are reporting that they are consistently getting put into lobbies full of noobs.

Mista

Banned
Apparently IW is releasing / has released a survey asking people like myself why they have quit the game. The player count must be dropping like a stone. Also, there is talk that the SBMM is somehow tied into the micro transactions. People who buy a lot of shit are reporting that they are consistently getting put into lobbies full of noobs.

I read about the whole buying mtx and get dropped in noob lobbies

Last edited:
I read about the whole buying mtx and get dropped in noob lobbies

What tha @#$% ??!! What is going on? What are they doing? A reward for buying shit..WoW

Each lobby for me is high intense, sweatin buckets bro, no room for error..after feels like I got done with cardio session.

Mista

Banned
er6Bo1I.jpg

Shmunter

Someone from IW mighty be reading this topic, it was suggested on the last page to ask a simple did you have fun in the last match question after a match, well I just had one after a utterly shit camp fest kill confirmed on St Petrograd, didn’t hesitate in answering NO.

Oh that’s good to hear. Having matchmaking fine tune itself to the individual is the way to go. Some may enjoy the bleeding edge survival, others may just want a trophy.

Last edited:

Is there a "use a time machine to release the game with maps that don't suck, don't only reward camping, and actually allow people to rush" poll option? Everything about this game was designed "to expand the audience" of the most popular FPS in existence, no matter the consequences for the people who have been playing the series for years.

Meanwhile, free Titanfall 2 is available all this month on PS4, and that game was largely made by the original Infinity Ward team. Hopefully a lot of people sick of this game will give it a try.

Last edited:

Gerdav

I got an 8.3 KD on my first game tonight and every game after everyone was like.

I had a game like that too last night, it was domination on crash or more appropriate TDM where some glitch accidentally put domination flags around the map, A & C were captured as normal from the get go not one person bar me made any effort to capture or even clear B, it took me close on 5 minutes to capture it essentially alone a little bit at a time, by this point I had 3 kills and god knows how many deaths, I captured it and nothing, nobody moved from their spots, and that new area in Crash is all their wet dreams come true when doubled with the top of the three story, it was the first time I probably lost it and just straight to dashboard rage quit.

Kagey K

Banned
I had a game like that too last night, it was domination on crash or more appropriate TDM where some glitch accidentally put domination flags around the map, A & C were captured as normal from the get go not one person bar me made any effort to capture or even clear B, it took me close on 5 minutes to capture it essentially alone a little bit at a time, by this point I had 3 kills and god knows how many deaths, I captured it and nothing, nobody moved from their spots, and that new area in Crash is all their wet dreams come true when doubled with the top of the three story, it was the first time I probably lost it and just straight to dashboard rage quit.
I didn’t get a glitch like that. I went 25-3 In TDM and every game after was try hard mode to stay above even.

I like to try to ease into games for the night, but this one just likes to throw you straight into the fire and never let off the gas.

Kagey K

Banned
They need to tune the XP required on the Battlepass a lot, I get they don’t want their hardcore hitting max level too soon, but most people aren’t going to hit the XP cap unless they offer double XP almost every weekend.

Casual players are going to get mad it takes so long and hardcore are going to say it’s easy.

I got an 8.3 KD on my first game tonight and every game after everyone was like.

Gerdav

I didn’t get a glitch like that. I went 25-3 In TDM and every game after was try hard mode to stay above even.

I like to try to ease into games for the night, but this one just likes to throw you straight into the fire and never let off the gas.
The glitch part was a joke, it was a game of domination but they were just ignoring the whole objectives and playing the game as if it was TDM.

They need to tune the XP required on the Battlepass a lot, I get they don’t want their hardcore hitting max level too soon, but most people aren’t going to hit the XP cap unless they offer double XP almost every weekend.

Casual players are going to get mad it takes so long and hardcore are going to say it’s easy.

They don’t want anyone to reach max level, when season one ends and a new battle pass comes their strategy is simple, they want the player base to purchase to skip the tiers to get to max level when the realisation hits, I expect everything to have big count time timers on in the last couple of weeks, with warnings of it’ll be gone permanently looking to play on people’s fear of missing out.

Kagey K

Banned
The glitch part was a joke, it was a game of domination but they were just ignoring the whole objectives and playing the game as if it was TDM.

They don’t want anyone to reach max level, when season one ends and a new battle pass comes their strategy is simple, they want the player base to purchase to skip the tiers to get to max level when the realisation hits, I expect everything to have big count time timers on in the last couple of weeks, with warnings of it’ll be gone permanently looking to play on people’s fear of missing out.
K I get the glitch thing now, I very clearly missed the joke the first time.

it really feels like a carrot on a stick, and they know how well you’ll run.

gioGAF

I think the Battle Pass system is the best one they have ever used since they started monetizing this franchise. You get the new weapons and maps for free. The weapons are on the lower end of the unlock ladder, so not unreasonable. The maps are available to all, so the community is not fragmented. This is a far cry from the bullshit that was WW2 and the last BLOPS.

On a personal note, I am a little annoyed by the "look" of their female operators. Mara in particular is played by Alex Zedra (https://www.instagram.com/alex_zedra/?hl=en). She looks great IRL, but in-game they made her look more like a man. No curves, no nothing, just straight up a man with long hair. Just look at that chiseled jaw! Her character even moves like a man, which I guess you can chalk up to developer laziness (easier to animate everything the same).

Also, she is covered from head to toe. Half the men have the option for tank top-type outfits, but all of the female operators look like they will be fighting this one out in the winter.

Why is it wrong for the female operators to look good? I don't want to hear this whole "unrealistic expectations" or "not practical for war" bullshit when a good amount of the men in the game are totally ripped and are battling it out in tank tops. Look at Alex Zedra, look at Mara in-game, what the hell happened?

Gerdav

Gunfight OSP is where you start with nothing and have to pick weapons up with the stronger weapons nearer the centre of the map isn’t it, I played a few rounds of it at seemingly random occasions over the weekend and it’s a huge step backwards over the normal Gunfight, everyone having identical equipment was a huge huge part of making Gunfigut the best mode in the game.

IW track record of releasing updates making the game worse continues then.

Mista

Banned
So you can now drop 20 bucks on a 'time to die' watch to see how many times you've died in game (because IW decided to hide it)? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kill this fucking thing now.
As stupid as it is, I don’t mind this shit since it’s cosmetics only. I’m not saying I’m supporting it but we’re talking about Activision here so that something at least

Todays challenge for me, was to get 75 kills when an enemy UAV is active and using the Ghost perk. Thats a lot of kills! Usually these challenges only want 25 or so.
The reward is a cool little ghost keyring.

Top Bottom