• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am lucky it has not done that to me for the multiplayer but has for the spec ops after the last major update that forced you to download a multiplayer and spec ops pack on first load up, I have deleted and redownloaded that bloody file at least 5 times and it still don’t work even after yesterday’s update, I don’t play spec ops so I have not gone as far as deleting and reinstalling the whole game but it just annoyes the hell out of me.
i will let you know if it works.

I tried sending support a ticket to activision about this issue,,
But their ticket support gives me an error.,

Just lovely, I do hope one day they will get fucked by european laws. Just straight out force them to refund all players with issues

Last edited:

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
If the BR mode is free ill fuck with this more than Apex. Havent bought a COD in a while but I love the way the guns sound and shoot in this COD. Finally progress in this franchise.

Sinical Threat

Neo Member
What negativity? Criticism isn’t called “negativity” also what numbers? Its Call of Duty for gods sake
im talking about sales numbers dude, and YouTube is full of negativity about the game from content creators and professionals alike. weather its about dead silence not being a perk, or about skill based matchmaking, its gone beyond simple criticism dude, Infinity Ward devs during season one were getting death threats from people in regards to the game. PLEASE tell me you're not gonna try and say that is "criticism. read up man.geez

Mista

Banned
im talking about sales numbers dude, and YouTube is full of negativity about the game from content creators and professionals alike. weather its about dead silence not being a perk, or about skill based matchmaking, its gone beyond simple criticism dude, Infinity Ward devs during season one were getting death threats from people in regards to the game. PLEASE tell me you're not gonna try and say that is "criticism. read up man.geez
Yes and whats new about that when it comes to CoD exactly? The death threats were damn stupid and its childish

CoD will always sell and online communities represent nothing from the whole world

You like the game as it is? Good for you. If someone doesn't like it you don't have to get butt hurt and defend it like if someone dissed your mother :)

We're all "Original franchise players" and no, nostalgia has nothing to do with it and nobody gives a shit btw

Last edited:
Long term players like myself can't stand the game because it's been designed from the ground up to cater to noobs and shit players. Criticism regarding the SBMM, the mini map, the deafening footsteps, the garbage maps, etc, etc, is all perfectly valid.

Social media death threats over a game are obviously retarded. That said, I don't recall any game developer ever being murdered over game design, so they probably shouldn't be taken seriously. Dumb kids.

What are the sales numbers, by the way? And why won't they show the online player count?

Last edited:

Long term players like myself can't stand the game because it's been designed from the ground up to cater to noobs and shit players. Criticism regarding the SBMM, the mini map, the deafening footsteps, the garbage maps, etc, etc, is all perfectly valid.

Social media death threats over a game are obviously retarded. That said, I don't recall any game developer ever being murdered over game design, so they probably shouldn't be taken seriously. Dumb kids.

What are the sales numbers, by the way? And why won't they show the online player count?

Genuine curiosity. How does it cater to noobs and shit player. What is a shit player?

Genuine curiosity. How does it cater to noobs and shit player. What is a shit player?
What is a shit player? A player who isn't good at the game. So we have maps designed from the ground up for camping. 'Safe spaces' everywhere. Doors everywhere. Deafening footsteps so noobs and shit players can hear you coming from a mile away. They scrapped the traditional mini map as it makes it too easy for experienced players to locate and kill noobs / shit players. Obviously the obscene SBMM.

And of course the developers actually said they want 'new players to be able to get kills, too'. It's the 'participation, everyone gets a trophy in 2020' game.

Start at 1.25 and you can hear it from the horse's mouth:

Last edited:

What is a shit player? A player who isn't good at the game. So we have maps designed from the ground up for camping. 'Safe spaces' everywhere. Doors everywhere. Deafening footsteps so noobs and shit players can hear you coming from a mile away. They scrapped the traditional mini map as it makes it too easy for experienced players to locate and kill noobs / shit players. Obviously the obscene SBMM.

And of course the developers actually said they want 'new players to be able to get kills, too'. It's the 'participation, everyone gets a trophy in 2020' game.

Start at 1.25 and you can hear it from the horse's mouth:

The COD community has always had this attitude of almost an elitest scale (See your description of such people as noobs and shit players) that makes getting into the series harder. This isn't a problem for most of us, I've been playing COD since the start. Take for example someone like my Boss who rarely plays, I can see placing him with the right people would be a good thing in theory. I know it always doesn't work out that way. I personally love this COD, mostly for the slowed pace, BLOPS4 was pretty bad in my opinion. I prefer a more thoughtful, tense play style vs mind numbing running into the same area over and over just to die. I've always preferred a more tactical style of game. This is the most I've played a COD in years because it's same game they have released over and over.

Foot Steps are way too loud and I wish there was no mini map ever like in hardcore unless there is a UAV. But I like the levels with more vertical aspect to some levels, I like the doors because you never know whats on the other side.

The community will never stop bitching about "Camping", they cry camping more than the democrats cry Russia. Unless you are sprinting into a jumping 360 no scope they wont like if you are stopped while you kill them. So no matter how the game is designed, that will always be an issue. I personally like a challenge of killing someone that is holding down an area. True cheap camping like hiding in one corner with an RPG and Claymores everywhere is one thing, but people scream camping when you are slow moving through an area and kill them. Its quite comical how much they scream camping. So no, I disagree that the game is all about camping, it just isn't what BLOPS4 was.

I am all for challenges but I am also not opposed to seeing the COD formula mixed up a bit between devs, I mean why have all of those dev teams make the same thing yearly. Its been so similar with the yearly releases the map and play style is refreshing to me. But of course I am one that doesn't want an easy mode in FromSoftware games so there is this line to how much a game is changed I guess.

I think there are more positives than negatives with this game so I appreciate what they are trying to do.

Also I don't play Core, I am Hardcore only so perhaps that's why I feel differently about the game. I good FMJ shot takes out people behind walls.

Last edited:

A camper = shit player

This game is giving them the advantage with the loud footsteps. No matter how much you try to counter them they’ll still have the upper hand

There are plenty of ways to kill someone hold up without getting near them. When the game first launched the foot steps even when crouching were ridiculous. But even when I really have to get in to flush someone out its not the end of the world.

Also his description of "Shit Player" isn't the same as yours.

Spukc

I am lucky it has not done that to me for the multiplayer but has for the spec ops after the last major update that forced you to download a multiplayer and spec ops pack on first load up, I have deleted and redownloaded that bloody file at least 5 times and it still don’t work even after yesterday’s update, I don’t play spec ops so I have not gone as far as deleting and reinstalling the whole game but it just annoyes the hell out of me.
well redownloaded the 149gb of data or whatever the size is,

and everything works now,

Justin9mm

Rust is busted for me. Laggy and have no clue what is going on. The map seems smaller imo. What's some other opinions?
Map is a piece of shit.. Shipment works because of the layout... The Rust map is too complex for its size being too small, you can get picked off from anywhere the second you spawn, it does not work. I played quite a few different games in Rush to cement my decision that the map is shit! It doesn't even look appealing.

On the other hand, I don't mind the Atlas Superstore map, once you get to know it, I think it's fun!

chris121580

I’m really enjoying season 2 so far. I still hate that they haven’t toned down pistols in hardcore. The distance they can hit from is ridiculous. I also love the new map

gioGAF

Took a while, but I finally downloaded the whole thing. Another good update with plenty to do. My thoughts:

- Rust feels a little bigger than I remember, and there are some visibility issues. Overall they resisted the urge to add doors which is good, there are also some areas that were not accessible in the original map but are now, fine by me too so far. Performance is a little rough when you are on the high ground, hope they iron that out.

- Akimbo weapons are back (pistols only). I am glad to have this back, the challenges to unlock them are fairly simple, at least for the Deagle and .357. Looks like I'm going to have to level up the other pistols if I want to try this on them (ugh).

- Battle Pass content is great, as already established by Season 1. The new weapons sit at the same levels (15, 31), which is fair in my book. Rest of the stuff is cosmetic, but interesting for those that care about those things. You can unlock enough CoD points along the way to buy the next season without dropping any of your money (as I am doing with my CoD points from Season 1). This is a GREAT system, infinitely better than the loot box garbage from the last few years.

- Perk Balance: Hacking from E.O.D. to Spotter is good, same with snapshot immunity from Ghost to Battle Hardened. Perks that were buffed are great changes (Double Time, Quick Fix, Restock, Pointman, Tune up and Battle Hardened especially).

I must admit, I am kind of bummed by the switch in place between Overkill and Killchain. I think it was fine where it was, since you could not have Overkill and E.O.D. together. This will make Riot Shield nonsense more annoying and lowers the viability of Overkill IMO. I don't see myself giving up Ghost or Restock for Overkill. Giving up E.O.D. was already something I only seldomly did (though I am now going to give Killchain + Hardline a serious try).

I can't believe they didn't do anything with Scavenger. In its current form, it is trash.

This is the best Call of Duty in years as far as I'm concerned, this is the best post-launch content model they have ever employed. I'm looking forward to trying out the new weapons and fiddling with the Akimbo pistols :)

Last edited:

Neolombax

I like season 2 so far. I'm enjoying Rust, didn't really play the original map in MW2 was it? Definitely chaotic, people seem to camp at the map edges. Visibility is also a bit low so its kinda hard to spot targets from a distance. I like that it has that the map is also vertical at the center so it makes it quite interesting. Have yet to be dropped into the 2nd new map.

I'm really enjoying Modern Warfare so far. I'm not the best COD player, yes people camp and its annoying, but I find that there are ways to counter them so that's fine. I honestly don't get the hate around this game, I think its one of the more fantastic FPS games recently.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Am I the only one that finds the way they sell Battlepass on a $60 game that came out four months ago to be utterly shameless? Are they going to be hitting people up for new battle passes every few months? Are the zooms just used to this shit?

Maybe I'm just old but this stuff is fucking gross, and way more in your face than the fucking loot boxes. I'd rather just buy map packs TBH.

I really need to stop buying these damn games.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I honestly think the so-called camping problem could have been "fixed" by having Dead Silence in the #2 slot.
The only right answer
Am I the only one that finds the way they sell Battlepass on a $60 game that came out four months ago to be utterly shameless? Are they going to be hitting people up for new battle passes every few months? Are the zooms just used to this shit?

Maybe I'm just old but this stuff is fucking gross, and way more in your face than the fucking loot boxes. I'd rather just buy map packs TBH.

This is the industry now. I mean I understand if its a free game like Apex but a full priced game? I wonder what fuckery next-gen is holding for us...

diffusionx

Gold Member
The only right answer

This is the industry now. I mean I understand if its a free game like Apex but a full priced game? I wonder what fuckery next-gen is holding for us...

Honestly, it felt less in my face in Apex too. And at least with Apex you can keep that stuff going forward. A-B is going to wipe the slate clean on all the stuff people played for in October when the new COD comes out. It's gross.

Love the game....I also love seeing guys that can’t bunny hop around or power slide to get kills get butt hurt by campers.

if you can’t kill a camper....you are a shit player.

gioGAF

I don't get it, what are you complaining about?

The new maps are FREE
The new weapons are FREE

You don't need to buy the Battle Pass to get ANYTHING. It contains nothing but visual trinkets, not to mention enough CoD points to buy the next Battle Pass if that is your thing.

You can either:
A) Buy the $60 game as you have always done in the past, EXCEPT now you get the "map packs" and DLC weapons for free;

OR

B) Buy the Battle Pass once for $10, play the damn game and receive enough points to buy subsequent Battle Passes at no extra cost. This option ONLY applies if you are interested in cosmetics AND it is still better than what they have done in the past.

Your post seriously makes no sense whatsoever as of right now (Season 1 + 2). Of course, Activision can always fuck things up in a future update.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't get it, what are you complaining about?

The new maps are FREE
The new weapons are FREE

You don't need to buy the Battle Pass to get ANYTHING. It contains nothing but visual trinkets, not to mention enough CoD points to buy the next Battle Pass if that is your thing.

You can either:
A) Buy the $60 game as you have always done in the past, EXCEPT now you get the "map packs" and DLC weapons for free;

OR

B) Buy the Battle Pass once for $10, play the damn game and receive enough points to buy subsequent Battle Passes at no extra cost. This option ONLY applies if you are interested in cosmetics AND it is still better than what they have done in the past.

Your post seriously makes no sense whatsoever as of right now (Season 1 + 2). Of course, Activision can always fuck things up in a future update.

I am complaining that I have to get these fucking ads for battle pass in my face when I boot the game up. I am complaining that Activision is asking me to pay for battle pass every few months to unlock bullshit DLC. I don't want any of this shit in a game I spent $60 for a few months ago.

I am complaining that I have to get these fucking ads for battle pass in my face when I boot the game up. I am complaining that Activision is asking me to pay for battle pass every few months to unlock bullshit DLC. I don't want any of this shit in a game I spent $60 for a few months ago.
If it’s bullshit DLC....don’t get it.

I played COD multiplayer since COD2. Never have I given a dime on anything...cosmetics/map packs/batlle pass..never. And I enjoyed every COD and keep buying it every year. Im satisfied with what I get for my $60.

Map is a piece of shit.. Shipment works because of the layout... The Rust map is too complex for its size being too small, you can get picked off from anywhere the second you spawn, it does not work. I played quite a few different games in Rush to cement my decision that the map is shit! It doesn't even look appealing.

On the other hand, I don't mind the Atlas Superstore map, once you get to know it, I think it's fun!

Yeah, i'm still learning the superstore...seems legit, it is really colorful which enemy players can get caught up in the palet. Rust was just horrible the few times I've experienced it. I don't remember it being that way in vanilla.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If it’s bullshit DLC....don’t get it.

People have been saying "just don't buy it lmao" since horse armor meanwhile DLC has taken over the industry many times over... something tells me that doesn't work.

Do you not see how Activision has designed the entire interface, pop-ups, etc. around steering people towards the battle pass? THAT is what I have a problem with, something the "just don't buy it lmao" strategy doesn't fix. Because I have to look at it constantly due to the way Activision set up the menus. It's way more aggressive than the loot box store in the last game.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with this game? How many times do I have to fucking download shit?!

Screenshot-2020-02-13-at-16-46-42.png

Gerdav

I am assuming you already downloaded those packs when they first came out, if so the game is basically screwed, it has happened to me with spec ops mode, I deleted and downloaded that bloody file 5 or 6 times with no success but I have now ignored it as I don’t play spec ops and my multiplayer is unaffected, and it has happened with Spukc Spukc who has doscussed it on this actual page, he/she had to redownload the entire 149GB or whatever it is whole game to get it back working.

Spukc

I am assuming you already downloaded those packs when they first came out, if so the game is basically screwed, it has happened to me with spec ops mode, I deleted and downloaded that bloody file 5 or 6 times with no success but I have now ignored it as I don’t play spec ops and my multiplayer is unaffected, and it has happened with Spukc Spukc who has doscussed it on this actual page, he/she had to redownload the entire 149GB or whatever it is whole game to get it back working.
Mista Mista my solution worked,.

fuck activision tho XD

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You think they would bring in more old school maps with such a large catalog of maps, I think these "seasons' are a wise choice in carrying Call of Duty's to next years release.

Pupo

This new BR sounds interesting, but for GW I have 200ping, I don't want to know how much I will have for this BR...

Pupo

Why 200? Where are you from?
I'm from Argentina, playing 6v6 usually my ping is 60. When the game is laggy af, I have like 150 ping, but GW is always at 200ping.

My connection is 300mb, other games, like Apex, works well.

Top Bottom