• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Texas Pride

Banned
If there's no BR this second season I'm gonna take it as a loss and uninstall this game. Tactical gunplay with arcade killstreaks don't mix imo. Someone needed to make a decision and go one way or another and you play the MP and they clearly didn't.

Old Retro

Just saw what IW have done to Ghost....
afd860d7d3f66f0ee8f8c7fe1d428166--cinema-quotes-the-godfather.jpg

Ghost looks like a shitty extra from one of The Purge movies, or something Jordan Peele dreamed up.

Prepare for another 15gb update! 😪

Gerdav

Ghost looks like a shitty extra from one of The Purge movies, or something Jordan Peele dreamed up.

Prepare for another 15gb update! 😪

It’s the copystation 4 doing its thing that I am dreading rather than the actual download.

Anyone knows when the update hits today?

It’s usually 6pm UK time, I believe that would be 7pm for most of Europe, 1pm east coast and 10am west coast for the US.

Texas Pride

Banned
Again no news on the BR. Well, I was interested but won’t get the BP for season 2 and I’ll just stick with Apex since its way more fun for me.

They have in my opinion jerked everyone around regarding the BR mode. A simple yes or no if it's coming would go a long way with folks. Here it is Feburary and they haven't confirmed or denied it. Poor job from a PR perspective.

Mista

Banned
They have in my opinion jerked everyone around regarding the BR mode. A simple yes or no if it's coming would go a long way with folks. Here it is Feburary and they haven't confirmed or denied it. Poor job from a PR perspective.
To be fair to them, I don't think they ever mentioned anything about BR.

It was all leaks from data mining. Thats if I remember correctly of course

Gerdav

68GB on a X, I though it would do that first to get some games in tonight and leave the copystation go during the day tomorrow but it’s going to take 4 hours.

Wtf is in this I think most people may as well forget about playing today.

Last edited:
They’ve just about lost me with this game. Haven’t played in over a week. The times before has just been frustrating.

To be fair, it’s mostly the playerbase. There is just too many cheap spots in certain maps that while I can win, it either requires me to be shitty or avoid that part of the map.

The most fun I had since beginning of December is ruining people’s kill streaks.

68GB on a X, I though it would do that first to get some games in tonight and leave the copystation go during the day tomorrow but it’s going to take 4 hours.

That's obscene. Do they just patch over old patches and make you download everything again every time? There are plenty of people who have bandwidth caps, which makes this very anti-consumer. Not to mention that the data for the game in the first place isn't even on the disc when you buy it, and even single player can't be played without going online and downloading an update.

What is the total hard drive space this game takes up on PS4 up to now?

They’ve just about lost me with this game. Haven’t played in over a week. The times before has just been frustrating.

To be fair, it’s mostly the playerbase. There is just too many cheap spots in certain maps that while I can win, it either requires me to be shitty or avoid that part of the map.

The most fun I had since beginning of December is ruining people’s kill streaks.
They lost me two months ago. The maps are custom designed to include those areas so noobs can get kills, too. Embarrassing.

Mista

Banned
The fuck is wrong with this game patches? CoD can NEVER make a decent size patch its always equivalent of one-two games ffs..

Gerdav

Anyone prepared to say with the utmost confidence that even when this 68GB update is done the game is not going to re direct us to the store in order to download another couple of 20GB files just to play like the last major update did.

HoldTheAir

Anyone else having slower than normal download speeds trying to update the game on Xbox? Have a 200 Mbps connection and it's crawling. Everything else on my network is performing normally.

Gerdav

Depends on what your definition of crawling is, I am getting 53 - 60 Mbps, it’s hardly maxing my connection out but I would not call it crawling either.

Mine finished an hour ago. I launched it and bought the battle pass. Haven’t gotten to play yet. I dig the battle pass xp boost in the pass now.

Bryank75

Banned
Mine finished an hour ago. I launched it and bought the battle pass. Haven’t gotten to play yet. I dig the battle pass xp boost in the pass now.
Same, I have it downloaded but won't get to play till my kid goes to bed...Can't wait to try out some of the new stuff and get some things unlocked.

Texas Pride

Banned
To be fair to them, I don't think they ever mentioned anything about BR.

It was all leaks from data mining. Thats if I remember correctly of course

Nah nothing fair about it. Because they've been asked about it constantly and haven't confirmed or denied it. That is on them.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

Boiiii thats like 30 min here 💪🤠

manfestival

Is it me or this game is beyond blurry after this update? this is so rough to look at. feels like I am drunk right now playing this game

Spukc

I wish I could go back to 2010 and read the arguments in the ps3 vs xbox 360 that games will never need storage more than DVD's
We still don't devs just forgot how to fucking compress files. Or do sane file size update patches.

Look at switch games 🤣

Gears 4 on microsoft store added new patch.
Better redownload 140GB of data hurrdurr.

manfestival

Ar..are you on CeePee by any chance?🤭
Yeah, I JUST FIGURED IT OUT. For some reason this was running at 720p when I ran it on my laptop just to see what the battle pass was earlier. I hop on my home computer and everything is just mad blurry. Realized the resolution was half of my 1440p. I bump it back to normal and VIOLA. crisp textures once again.

Robhimself

THen contact them instead of whining here where it has no effect.........

Spukc

every other gamemode i select i have to download some packs? i thought i updated the damn game.
it's like 149 GB or something retarded

Sinical Threat

Neo Member
been loving this game, still seeing so much negativity towards it, but the numbers speak for themselves. Plus all my friends all seem to really enjoy it as well. We're original franchise players tho...so maybe our nostalgia is messing with our heads??? Blinding us to the truth?? thoughts??

been loving this game, still seeing so much negativity towards it, but the numbers speak for themselves. Plus all my friends all seem to really enjoy it as well. We're original franchise players tho...so maybe our nostalgia is messing with our heads??? Blinding us to the truth?? thoughts??

No the game is awesome. I get no nostalgic feelings for it besides price. I like the slower gameplay. Gives you time to actually think about strategy vs just running into choke points nonstop.

Sinical Threat

Neo Member
No the game is awesome. I get no nostalgic feelings for it besides price. I like the slower gameplay. Gives you time to actually think about strategy vs just running into choke points nonstop.
OMG RIGHT!!! i laugh so hard when i kill the same guy three times...in the same spot

Mista

Banned
What negativity? Criticism isn’t called “negativity” also what numbers? Its Call of Duty for gods sake

OMG RIGHT!!! i laugh so hard when i kill the same guy three times...in the same spot

I play hardcore only and I have a decked out odin and m4 with the modified ammo. I one shot guys silenced as they just keep running back in. I slowly move around the map. Firing one bullet at a time dropping guys. Thinking back to blops4, it was just mindless running and shooting.

Spukc

errr i want to play MP but the game suddenly tells me that i am missing DLC packs.
i have everything installed XD.

Legit can't play MP now haha wtf is happening?
Seems a lot of people bitch about this you do not have DLC issue online.

I decided to uninstall the game and redownload it. Maybe that will work.

Gerdav

errr i want to play MP but the game suddenly tells me that i am missing DLC packs.
i have everything installed XD.

Legit can't play MP now haha wtf is happening?
Seems a lot of people bitch about this you do not have DLC issue online.

I decided to uninstall the game and redownload it. Maybe that will work.

I am lucky it has not done that to me for the multiplayer but has for the spec ops after the last major update that forced you to download a multiplayer and spec ops pack on first load up, I have deleted and redownloaded that bloody file at least 5 times and it still don’t work even after yesterday’s update, I don’t play spec ops so I have not gone as far as deleting and reinstalling the whole game but it just annoyes the hell out of me.

Top Bottom