• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Thanks to nobodyshero, I will get my Shulk amiibo soon :) Thanks buddy !

I'm also helping a friend out for another Shulk amiibo as well now. Based in Vancouver. If anybody is willing to depart a new Shulk amiibo with a good price, PM me as well :)

espher

dammit you guys. now I feel kinda shit about this WFT thing. 31 bucks I said

and if I miss out on Lucina here and have to keep my UK order, that's another 31 bucks

smh

I'm trading a Mac for a Rosalina for the collection, so I can wait for scalping to hopefully die off while I try to get one to use... I'm hoping there's a reprint internationally that will drive import costs down... or that the CAD climbs a bit.

I let one of my kids open up King Dedede. Any chance someone has a second one they don't need? I have an extra Toad on the way if someone wants to trade.

GtwoK

From /r/amiiboCanada, it's the walmart guy again:

I've got bad news again.
DDD is coming at Friday tentatively but
a) Times are random, they could've arrived the night before, 11-ish, 13-ish, and 15-ish
b) DDD is coming even in more limited fashion than I've anticipated. Instead of getting a shipment box of his own... he is sharing it with one of the Wave 3.
c) Most of the Wave 3 will consist of Bowser and Toon Link
d) Ike is being released at a slightly later date
e) No news on Rosalina but she's sharing a box too, meaning at most a Walmart may have 3
f) DDD, Shiek, (I assume for her) and Rosalina are only getting one shipment... once they are gone they are gone. DDD and Rosalina are sharing boxes so we'll be lucky to get 3 per store...
g) No buy limit! Someone can literally purchase the whole stock out*
h) No news on Ike...
Here are some good news
a) Shiek is coming in limited numbers with the wave 3, but her number is slightly better than DDD.
b) It's Friday... do what you have to but it's Friday for sure
c) *Most, if not all, Walmart got a notice to "manually" impose a buy 1 only limit. (An employee could miss the memo or not care so YMMV)
d) Link is coming back as a regular stocked amiibo. He's not going to be scalpable... (he is coming in low quantity so he will be oos the first month or so... but he'll be stocked up like Diddy eventually). Marth has a new mold and is being reproduced (unfortunately still scalpable)*
*Thanks to /u/RyanDesigns9 [1] for calling me out on this.
It was too quick to assume that it's a new mold. The truth is Marth and Link looks slightly different compare to their previous iterations. This may mean a new mold... or I maybe delirious and suffer from faulty memory and paranoia in how the previous Link and Marth now look
Rant Time skip if you have no use for sentiment in this time of crisis.
It brings me with heavy heart to say... I recommend to just unsubscribe from this madness as soon as possible.
Honestly after the temper tantrum, my own brother refusing to talk to me (I failed at getting him some Amiibo), and the general scum bagging I'm seeing in the gray market I'm out too.
I hope I can bring some better news eventually but my crystal ball says don't count on it... ever.
To all those hard core collector and lucky parents/gamers/children and dedicated scalpers, kudos to you... It takes a certain mental fortitude or disregard to do what you guys can do. I'll continue to provide as much info to you Canucks but I'm out and am getting disenchanted about keeping posted about this situation as of now.

How much salt should we be taking this with? Marth and Link getting new molds? I dunno...

Ranger X

By the way guys, if some of you are in Montreal or near Montreal...

I am willing to trade a Little Mac (unboxed) for a Pit.

Had errands today but was super lucky to find it, the only one they got. I can't complain at all right now.

Congrats man! I have no interest in Rosalina, so that's 1 more for the rest of Canada.

How much salt should we be taking this with? Marth and Link getting new molds? I dunno...

What's the guy's track record? In any case, I wonder if they'd be making a new mold to fix the potential for weird looking faces on those two in particular. It's the reason I'd want to go in-store to see Ike/Lucina/Robin before I buy them (but lol good luck with that now).

From /r/amiiboCanada, it's the walmart guy again:

"I recommend to just unsubscribe from this madness as soon as possible."

Probably the best tip he gave.

I can't see it. The molds are already made. That's a HUGE piece of the cost of making toys. Make new molds just to re-release them? I just don't see Nintendo willing to invest in that. Toys, figures, models, and statues when re-released, almost always use the same mold. Something would have had to have been wrong with the first ones for them to justify the cost.

Nintendo isn't in the toy business. Though one could argue, they've been more successful with that lately.

beta_fuse

Thought it showed up on the receipt in the pic but its from a Halifax store, shouts to east coast : )

Alright cool thanks, I just called all my EBgames within 50km and they all said they were sold out. Sucks cause I would of went on my lunch break toa few of them to check but after the first 2 stores told me they didn't receive, I figured none got them yet.

Looks like Wal-mart is going to be my next best chance.

Probably the best tip he gave.

I can't see it. The molds are already made. That's a HUGE piece of the cost of making toys. Make new molds just to re-release them? I just don't see Nintendo willing to invest in that. Toys, figures, models, and statues when re-released, almost always use the same mold. Something would have had to have been wrong with the first ones for them to justify the cost.

Nintendo isn't in the toy business. Though one could argue, they've been more successful with that lately.

Maybe they'll swap out the coloured stand for a clear one for Link.

I kind of hope they don't change the stand, it's a good excuse for me to wait for the Zelda 2015 ones.

Enilced2

Has Nintendo said if they are actually discountining these things after a single shipment, or is this just a making them and getting stock out there problem? Are we going to actually see more Captain Falcons or Little Macs in the wild ?

Has Nintendo said if they are actually discountining these things after a single shipment, or is this just a making them and getting stock out there problem? Are we going to actually see more Captain Falcons or Little Macs in the wild ?

I assume they are using the same factory and just switching over production to the new Wave once the other has shipped. They can't produce them all simultaneously.

Enilced2

I assume they are using the same factory and just switching over production to the new Wave once the other has shipped. They can't produce them all simultaneously.
Okay that I get but I mean will they start making more of these older ones like they are with Marth? It feels like they are producing such small numbers then moving on just to pump the waves out super fast rather than have a good stock level for awhile so everyone can get their hands on them.

So Lucario is suppose to go up for sale at ToyRUs.ca on Feb. 6th. Any thoughts at what time? Will it be at the stroke of midnight? The following morning? I have to work Thursday night which is going to make things very difficult to get one. So if anyone can snag an extra... I do have some trade bait available. Or would be willing to pay cost + shipping.

CRA5H

So Lucario is suppose to go up for sale at ToyRUs.ca on Feb. 6th. Any thoughts at what time? Will it be at the stroke of midnight? The following morning? I have to work Thursday night which is going to make things very difficult to get one. So if anyone can snag an extra... I do have some trade bait available. Or would be willing to pay cost + shipping.
Is that confirmed? I've heard no word that it will be available online. I may have missed that announcement.

spyguy

B9Bws6rIcAMkAsf.jpg

This just happened at the Toys R Us on Broadway in Vancouver. I guess they really wanted their Amiibos!

B9Bws6rIcAMkAsf.jpg

This just happened at the Toys R Us on Broadway in Vancouver. I guess they really wanted their Amiibos!

DISTRACTION. Oldest trick in the book. Smash a vehicle through the front of the store while your buddy cuts in front of the line and gets the goods.

Oldest. Trick. In the book.

So I checked my DDD order from earlier on Amazon...looks like they're preparing for shipment! Estimated to arrive on my birthday too, strangely enough.

...hopefully they're not just shipping out my filler items for free shipping and not the amiibo lol.

zroid

Banned
was just checking in at TRU markville and they had a crap ton of Bowsers. at least 30. guess they will be pretty common.

Thank goodness a lot of us got our DDD's today, sounds like it's going to be crazy finding him

Already in shipping process too! =)

Still upset that the guy shown me a Sonic, Ike and Rosalina at Toy'R'us... If I knew I would have called this morning. He said he reserved them for the guy on the phone because he sounded like a true fan... I hope so! Scalpers probably sound like true fans too!

But I got a MegaMan out of my trip in case mine doesn't ship from FS.

mdubs

Banned
was just checking in at TRU markville and they had a crap ton of Bowsers. at least 30. guess they will be pretty common.

I was planning on checking on them too, but never got around to it, anything at EB there?

EB along Steeles west of Dufferin cleaned out, clerk said they got a few in wave 3 things in this morning and it was crazy

Harusame

I have welcoming news for those around Metro Vancouver. First off I am happy to tell you guys that I was able to grab a Rosalina at the Ebgames in Pitt Meadows. They had three, but was only allowed to purchase one as they had a one per customer policy. I wanted to purchase the other two for any persons that wanted one in Vancouver. Before that, however, I went to the Ebgames at Coquitlam Centre and Lougheed Mall. Both said they will be receiving two and are in transit. They will either be receiving them later today or put on sale tomorrow morning.

Here is my Rosalina:
eUKGNLI.jpg

Wave 3 Collection Update

Bowser - Acquired - Great Build Quality
Shiek - Acquired - Great Build Quality
Toon Link -- Acquired - Great Build Quality (Got a second from Toys R Us yesterday and returned the poor build quality one at EB Games this morning)
King Dedede - - Acquired - Poor Build Quality (Waiting on EB Games District Manager to contact me about possibly getting a replacement)
Rosalina - Acquired - Great Build Quality
Sonic - Acquired - Great Build Quality
Ike - Acquired - Great Build Quality
Mega Man - Waiting - In Store Pre-Order at EB Games Canada - Has not arrived nationwide yet (EB Twitter said late this week or early next week, earlier today)
Meta Knight - Waiting - Online Pre-Order with Future Shop - No release date yet
Lucario - Waiting - Need to pay AdventureMike soon
Shulk - Waiting - Online Pre-Order with Gamestop USA - Current release date is February 13th

I have all the Super Mario Series and the MP10 Bundle with Mario pre-ordered in store at my local EB Games. I was the first to pre-order. Along with all of Wave 4 from Amazon UK.

Hurry up Meta Knight, Mega Man, Lucario (my fault) and Shulk!

zroid

Banned
I was planning on checking on them too, but never got around to it, anything at EB there?

EB along Steeles west of Dufferin cleaned out, clerk said they got a few in wave 3 things in this morning and it was crazy

A few Bowsers at EB. I didn't even bother asking about Rosalina lol.

Top Bottom