• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

They are going to release these sealed in a beautiful wrapping and whoever finds them will get to visit the Amiibo Factory and meet Mr.Willymoto
150204mariogold-640x360.jpg

Gold and Platinum CN rewards! Platinum gets both!

I'll be going to TRU at 8am on Friday for when they open at 9am.

They open at 9am on Fridays and Saturdays!!! So don't plan to go for the usual 10am.

I don't like shipping Amiibos as I keep them sealed. Want to be able to inspect them and make sure the box isn't damaged.

No choice with Meta Knight

Weiss

Banned
I'm going back to America that week (which is where I got my Ike and Shulk preordered) if you want I can try and get an extra one there if you can't get one.

If you found Ike, Shulk and/or Megaman, I would totes pay the costs for shipping it over here.

Toon Link and DeDeDe were Wave 3's that I really wanted, so I'm glad I already got them. If I could secure those three above, I'd be set for my Wave 3 collection.

Also, I just want to apologize if I've annoyed anyone with my whining and complaining the last two days.

I'm trying to stay more positive when it comes to amiibos.

Screaming frustration is an essential part of the amiibo hunting experience.

ohlawd

nippon yasan is doing something with my WFT order :eek:

I should have asked my TRU when their next shipment of shit is. I don't wanna go back on Friday and their amiibo shit is the same as today's.

Also, I just want to apologize if I've annoyed anyone with my whining and complaining the last two days.

I'm trying to stay more positive when it comes to amiibos.

no need to apologize. whining is part of the amiibo experience

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Gold and Platinum CN rewards! Platinum gets both!

If it is, its more likely going to be this: Gold members get Silver Amiibo, Platinum get a choice between Gold or Silver. I'd rather have the option: For those select Club Nintendo Platinum members we will give you a chance to buy one or both of them. One per user.

Kilvin

You guys are the best :)

Also, everytime someone writes WFT I always read it as WTF and have to do a double take... Haha

Would be a good way to cap off the service, and reward long time members. I just got my platinum a couple weeks ago, two days before I found out CN was going away

When they updated with all the new rewards they said that Gold and Platinum members will get to choose from digital items.

It is either a surprise final gift or the first gifts for the new service they are developing.

Duran

I'm going back to America that week (which is where I got my Ike and Shulk preordered) if you want I can try and get an extra one there if you can't get one.

Would be interested as well. Missed him by a few seconds during that sale because I wanted to add some stuff to get free shipping...

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Would be interested as well. Missed him by a few seconds during that sale because I wanted to add some stuff to get free shipping...
I'll see what I can do, I just don't want the dude to think I'm a scalper or something. Maybe he'll let me have them all if I tell them I'm buying them for my Canadian buddies xD

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
So Toad is available at Gamestop in the USA and I literally stopped myself because I said.." do I even want Toad that much? I should just save my money for Lucina, Robin and Ness and heck maybe even Pac-Man" Am I growing?

Some Guy

Not sure! But honestly, you probably don't need to go to the US for Toad. I know the online ones went fast, but I went into the EB at Metrotown yesterday and asked if they were doing in store preorders... he said yes, and that I was only the second person who had asked.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
EDIT: Sorry, no dice. I thought it was a new, regularly priced Toon Link up on amazon.

Mega Man is god damn $65?! I feel lucky preordering it for $14 with free shipping :p

Heck I got an Amazon card from someone so I didn't even really pay for it.

You guys are the best :)

Also, everytime someone writes WFT I always read it as WTF and have to do a double take... Haha

o...m...g. I was doing that before wave 1 even hit the shelves. When my son showed the first wave to me and I saw wii fit trainer I thought it was a RIDICULOUS idea. And whenever I saw someone on here talk about her and using the acronym I thought they were thinking the same thing I was. WTF? Until I clued in, I thought it was a running joke on the boards.

So Toad is available at Gamestop in the USA and I literally stopped myself because I said.." do I even want Toad that much? I should just save my money for Lucina, Robin and Ness and heck maybe even Pac-Man" Am I growing?

Er. No. You should have realized that even if you don't want one, it might be a good trade chip for someone you do want later on.

I don't put much stock into completed eBay auctions. It may have been a dummy account that artificially inflated the final price, the buyer may have asked to cancel, etc.

Doesn't matter. Perception is everything. When the PS4 20th's hit ebay that one sold for 10,000. Every gaming site was reporting it as a done deal and the buyer went through with payment. Fact is, none of them even bothered to confirm it with the seller. But the damage was done. PS4 20th anniversary consoles can pocket you $9500!!!

There's NO WAY joe public who doesn't give a dang about amiibo are stopping to varify if things are as crazy as they are perceived.

Siiiiiigh should make tomorrow target/toysrus shopping interesting.

Certainly a disappointing one. Had high hopes going into TRU when I heard they would have Mega Man (thanks for addicting me gaming Capcom). By the time I got there they were cleaned out and three employees were congregated talking about how ridiculous the whole thing has been and how some guy bought 6 of one character (not sure who, I was eavesdropping)

Yikes, incompetence.

A metric load of it. Really deflated.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Certainly a disappointing one. Had high hopes going into TRU when I heard they would have Mega Man (thanks for addicting me gaming Capcom). By the time I got there they were cleaned out and three employees were congregated talking about how ridiculous the whole thing has been and how some guy bought 6 of one character (not sure who, I was eavesdropping)

A metric load of it. Really deflated.

If Mega Man really is supposed to be that day I might as well sleep well tonight and try to beat anyone there, Target here literally sold out as soon as doors opened. I shall not be beat again...even though I already have Mega Man preordered.

If Mega Man really is supposed to be that day I might as well sleep well tonight and try to beat anyone there, Target here literally sold out as soon as doors opened. I shall not be beat again...even though I already have Mega Man preordered.

To my knowledge he is in some shipments but not all. Your mileage will vary store to store.
If anyone gets an extra, keep me in your thoughts <3 haha

Target sold out? What?

They haven't gotten any Wave 3 Amiibos

Toad.T

Banned
Cross post from Amiibo thread prime.

Wave 3 Log!:

TLink: Loose and boxed
Shiek: Loose and boxed
Bowser: Loose and boxed
MegaMan: Boxed, searching for loose
Sonic: Boxed, searching for loose
Ike: None. Searching for both, may have lead at local shop.
DDD: Boxed, loose coming to CDN Walmarts on Friday.
Shulk: Boxed, loose coming from EB soon.
Lucario: Not yet out, coming Friday
Rosalina: Loose, boxed coming from Future Shop.
Meta Knight: Impossible to get without preorders.

So to the person updating the Google doc, remove Villager/Luigi, add in Ike, Sonic, MegaMan and Meta Knight. Also, remove me from C.I.S.O.R, if you don't mind.

Top Bottom