• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

ohlawd

maybe it's my turn to buy a 64 gig Vita card since my 32 ain't cutting it

but I'm spending all that potential memory money on fucking amiibos >_>

I haven't tried it myself but a few posters in the Deals thread have bought 64 gig Vita cards from them and had no issues

It's a legit site. I have a few friends who bought 64GB Vita memory cards from there.

Hahaha, I shall bite then. What is the preffered shipping method? I'll get a Meta seeing as they don't have Mega Man or Shulk.

Also, I assume I put Province instead of state code.

I just remembered I have a 50 Futureshop gift-card that has become almost useless as they just closed up shop here. I know I can order online but I've always had bad experience with them. Plus their amiibo stock is terribad.

Harusame

My current status is that I have Meta-knight pre-ordered from Future Shop. Sonic, Mega Man and Toad are pre-ordered from Ebgames, and hopefully I can be able to pick up Lucario at TRU this coming Friday. Now my problem is how to acquire Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Marth without having to import or pay scalpers. Other than that, I have 21 amiibos in my collection so far.

Fularu

Banned
I got my Meta Knight form Superufo with a 64 gb card. So as far as I'm concerned, my Amiibo was just 14.2$ US :p

i-Jest

My current status is that I have Meta-knight pre-ordered from Future Shop. Sonic, Mega Man and Toad are pre-ordered from Ebgames, and hopefully I can be able to pick up Lucario at TRU this coming Friday. Now my problem is how to acquire Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Marth without having to import or pay scalpers. Other than that, I have 21 amiibos in my collection so far.

Well Marth will get a reprint with Code name Steam. So you just gotta play the waiting game with that. Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are a different story. We don't know when, or if, they'll get a reprint. Shulk will probably get another reprint just in time for both Xenoblade games. I'd like to think Nintendo will bless us with a reprint for in demand Amiibo from each wave before moving full throttle to the next Amiibo series.

I know importing isn't your thing but if your impatient and don't wanna pay scalpers. which I don't encourage, then that's your only route at this point. You'd just have to find a plentiful source like the other Amazon sites, if those are still viable options now.

Are there any European alternatives for me to utilize in order to get a Mega Man? I see a few but the shipping costs more than the amiibo.
Maybe I will wait and bulk purchase if Wave 4 pre-orders fall through here.

Harusame

Well Marth will get a reprint with Code name Steam. So you just gotta play the waiting game with that. Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager are a different story. We don't know when, or if, they'll get a reprint. Shulk will probably get another reprint just in time for both Xenoblade games. I'd like to think Nintendo will bless us with a reprint for in demand Amiibo from each wave before moving full throttle to the next Amiibo series.

I know importing isn't your thing but if your impatient and don't wanna pay scalpers. which I don't encourage, then that's your only route at this point. You'd just have to find a plentiful source like the other Amazon sites, if those are still viable options now.

Yeah, I may just have to go the importing route, but right now I am in no hurry to acquire them.

Maximus.

Received Shulk from my EB preorder, already got Toon Link and Sheik from my Amazon order. I was able to get Bowser the day the wave launched, but I do regret not preordering Ike. Also really regret not ordering Captain Falcon when i had the chance, oh well!

Pretty stoked Marth is getting a reprint when Code STEAM comes out, will definitely get it then.

Renewed

They cost way too much now so I'm happy to just get both Amiibo instead.

24tqlqX.png

*proceeds to covet Pit amiibo and await Palutena and Dark Pit*

Banned
I've sent my girlfriend into the wild with a dossier (pics) of amiibos I don't own and to look out for at the four targets she's visiting today. lol. I doubt they will restock amiibos or video games though.

lionpants

I've sent my girlfriend into the wild with a dossier (pics) of amiibos I don't own and to look out for at the four targets she's visiting today. lol. I doubt they will restock amiibos or video games though.
Yeah, I was at a Target a couple weeks ago. The amiibo were moved and Skylanders were in their place. There were some Pikachu and Peach on an end cap all alone.

Read the thread, he's a scumbag EB employee selling them for $100 each.

On a side note I caved and bought DDD and Ike off superufo. $38 US chose airmail. $48 CAD. Whatever.

Since other amiibos aren't really rare outside of North America I can't justify picking them up unless I really can't find ones I want to use in-game. (Nintendo sent me a Mario amiibo a few weeks before Smash Bros. for Wii U came out and all I want is a Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man so I can have all the big mascots together).

Well, that and the Rosalina I snagged because I like having cool things for my shelves.

CANADIAN AMIIBO UPDATE

Not much on the Canadian front today.

Future Shop may get in Toon Link, Shiek and Bowser. So check in on that.

EB Games got Rosalina yesterday, but if your local store(s) didn't then it could show up today.

Toys R Us had all of Wave 3 and Rosalina in store on Tuesday, so if your location didn't get them in yet then you should check again today.

Wal Mart is supposed to get Wave 3 tomorrow, so no harm in checking today in case they are put on the shelves early. I honestly believe they will only get Toon Link, Shiek and Bowser, just like Future Shop.

I am hoping for EB Games to announce Sonic and Mega Man available for preorder pick up in store today or tomorrow. Then I'm just waiting on Shulk (Gamestop USA) and Meta Knight (Future Shop Canada) to complete my Wave 3 collection.

beta_fuse

CANADIAN AMIIBO UPDATE

EB Games got Rosalina yesterday, but if your local store(s) didn't then it could show up today.

Toys R Us had all of Wave 3 and Rosalina in store on Tuesday, so if your location didn't get them in yet then you should check again today.

Wal Mart is supposed to get Wave 3 tomorrow, so no harm in checking today in case they are put on the shelves early. I honestly believe they will only get Toon Link, Shiek and Bowser, just like Future Shop.

I am hoping for EB Games to announce Sonic and Mega Man available for preorder pick up in store today or tomorrow. Then I'm just waiting on Shulk (Gamestop USA) and Meta Knight (Future Shop Canada) to complete my Wave 3 collection.

Any reason why they wouldn't get the rest of Wave 3 including Rosalina? I was going to check it out later but my hopes and dreams are slowly fading lol.

Banned
Does an Amiibo wall sound tacky? I have this vision of buying a bunch of sealed Amiibo and tacking them on a wall in a row in the mancave.

CANADIAN AMIIBO UPDATE

Great post. This information lines up with everything I've heard as well.

Begbie

CANADIAN AMIIBO UPDATE

There were a lot of Bowser's and two Toon Link's at my Future Shop last night. I picked up Toon Link, was going to pass on him as I already have too many Link's but the figure looked too good!

Edit: Also glad to see you are posting in this thread too Byron

beta_fuse

Actually I passed by Futureshop twice yesterday because I happened to be in the area and both times they had no Wave 3. I asked an employee about them and he pretty much told me that Amiibos are seasonal things and they don't get much after the holidays. He then proceeded to show me the Skylander section. Clearly he had no idea what he was talking about. This was in Montreal by the way.

CRA5H

Lucario is first come first served with about 20 per store.

I was sad that I have to work and can't drop by at opening but thankfully have a Shulk for Lucario swap set up with another gaffer =)

mdubs

Banned
Does an Amiibo wall sound tacky? I have this vision of buying a bunch of sealed Amiibo and tacking them on a wall in a row in the mancave.

I was thinking of the same thing because I can't bear to unbox them but don't have shelf space for them

lionpants

Alright, it's official. I've gained authorization to come into work late tomorrow.

I'll be at the Fairway Road TRU store at opening tomorrow (Kitchener, Ontario).

Alright, it's official. I've gained authorization to come into work late tomorrow.

I'll be at the Fairway Road TRU store at opening tomorrow (Kitchener, Ontario).

Source?

Same! Plan on getting there maybe an hour before opening. Think it'll be busy?

Considering they sold all their Wave 3 between 6 PM and closing, im going to guess its going to be busy. Good luck and keep us posted, I dont want Lucario that badly.

Hmm. My FS is showing Sheik stock. They didn't have it out yesterday I wonder if I can get them to grab one from the back today.

Banned
I was thinking of the same thing because I can't bear to unbox them but don't have shelf space for them
Eventually I'll build a custom cabinet with dowels to hang them off of. Put for now in my shitty apartment I'll just use tacs on a wall.

Hmm. My FS is showing Sheik stock. They didn't have it out yesterday I wonder if I can get them to grab one from the back today.
Don't believe it. My FS says they have stock of sonic. Went to the store and they had none, not even in the back. It's not an accurate inventory system.

Any reason why they wouldn't get the rest of Wave 3 including Rosalina? I was going to check it out later but my hopes and dreams are slowly fading lol.

Source?

Same! Plan on getting there maybe an hour before opening. Think it'll be busy?

My source at the 1 TRU in my town is getting 22, seems that they distributed the same amount to all stores.

My town has a population of 100 000, so it does kinda suck we get as many as a city like Toronto but there are more TRU stores in Toronto.

Eventually I'll build a custom cabinet with dowels to hang them off of. Put for now in my shitty apartment I'll just use tacs on a wall.

Don't believe it. My FS says they have stock of sonic. Went to the store and they had none, not even in the back. It's not an accurate inventory system.

Maybe not Sonic, but Shiek is definitely supposed to be in this week. Call them?

Top Bottom