• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Kilvin

I don't even remember getting her in the cart. I clicked a bunch of times but nothing ever went through. Checked just now. She was in my cart and I was able to proceed to check out. This should be interesting. Nearly $22 for her though. First time I've paid over retail price.

You didn't pay over retail though, the rest is shipping.

Banned
lol I meant good luck with the amiibo collecting! I already read that you had Rosie.

I wish I hadn't gotten myself involved with them at launch... now I can't stop.
I know I'm just happy lol. Too bad I didn't decide to get into this before wave 1. Could've preodered Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Villager , Marth and all the other ones out of print.

Am I the only one worried about their order on amazon possibly getting cancelled? I have a delivery estimate (Feburary 24-March 5) for Ike but whether or not it will get cancelled beforehand worries me.

Am I the only one worried about their order on amazon possibly getting cancelled? I have a delivery estimate (Feburary 24-March 5) for Ike but whether or not it will get cancelled beforehand worries me.

I got Ike on Tuesday along with the rest of the wave (minus Megaman and Sonic which are delayed). How late did you get your order in?

I got Ike on Tuesday along with the rest of the wave (minus Megaman and Sonic which are delayed). How late did you get your order in?

Second to last day before they closed pre-orders. Did the same thing with Captain Falcon and Pit. I got Falcon but Pit got cancelled. This despite of the fact they got more in when it would have been shipped had it not been cancelled.

beta_fuse

Wow thanks for the heads up for my Rosalina order at Ebgames. My order went through:D:D Today is a good day (still crossing my fingers that it doesn't get canceled)

hupla

Futureshop should hopefully start processing the payments for my Rosalina/Bowser/Toon link tonight since they have the release date as tomorrow, then just gotta wait till the 28th for them to get Megaman and im done with this wave and can not stress a bit ahaha

Zing

Banned
I know I'm just happy lol. Too bad I didn't decide to get into this before wave 1. Could've preodered Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Villager , Marth and all the other ones out of print.
Didn't need to preorder those. EB and Target (didn't check other stores) had more than enough. I could have had 10 of each that first day without even trying.

My Sheik has an estimate of tomorrow through the 12th but hasn't been shipped yet. I already got Toon Link that I ordered at the same time so I have been quite worried about a cancelation.

CRA5H

Amazon has pulled through for me each time so I have confidence in them even if there is no posted date of release.

lionpants

Toon Link box bent as fuck.. Thank you Amazon...

So far I got 1 bent box from FS and 1 out of 2 at Amazon...
Start a return for an exchange. I've done it two or three times from them due to damaged packaging (even if its a minor crease). They send the replacement first, then you just send it back in the same box.

There it is. To me it's worthless since I keep in box. Call me difficult if you want...

Jg6v94v.jpg

CRA5H

Damn that would frustrate me if I was planning on keeping them boxed or for trade. Thankfully it's only a Toon Link and not something more rare at least.

All the displays were taken down and away by Nintendo reps from what one gaffer mentioned in the deals thread a while back.

I thought that was just the display case with the amiibos in it. I was talking about the signs that are on the back panel of the shelf or the one hanging from the ceiling. My local target still has those.
edit:
hqdefault.jpg

This thing.

Kilvin

There it is. To me it's worthless since I keep in box. Call me difficult if you want...

That's a pretty significant crease you have there Difficult, if I were keeping them sealed I'd have a problem with it as well.

Maybe try and trade with someone who has a mint one on the way and is planning on opening it. That way you could swap since they don't care about the packaging.

Start a return for an exchange. I've done it two or three times from them due to damaged packaging (even if its a minor crease). They send the replacement first, then you just send it back in the same box.

Is the whole process free? Would take forever I think... They don't have Toon Link available right now.

lionpants

Is the whole process free? Would take forever I think... They don't have Toon Link available right now.
100% free. They're really good about returns.

Did you check into those Ikea shelves?
Ya man, thanks. Ordered 3 of them. First time ordering online from Ikea, I wonder how long it'll take.

If you missed it before hand, I'm going to try and grab Lucario at TRU opening tomorrow.

lionpants

I will think about it... They might not have extra Toon Link for forever... Thanks!
The cool thing is, you keep yours until they send you a replacement. Then you put yours in the box that the replacement came in. They give you a pre-paid shipping label to print. Take it to the post office. Done.

100% free. They're really good about returns.

Ya man, thanks. Ordered 3 of them. First time ordering online from Ikea, I wonder how long it'll take.

If you missed it before hand, I'm going to try and grab Lucario at TRU opening tomorrow.

Yeah I caught that. Good luck with that. Still undecided what I'm going to do regarding work tonight myself. It'd be nice to know WHEN they're going on sale but I totally get why they're not divulging that info. Looks like an all nighter for anyone wanting to order online.

Begbie

I thought that was just the display case with the amiibos in it. I was talking about the signs that are on the back panel of the shelf or the one hanging from the ceiling. My local target still has those.
edit:
hqdefault.jpg

This thing.

Where are my Tom Nook and Pikmin amiibos?

There is no more Toon Link at Amazon so they credited it to me and I keep it. One free Toon Link with a bent box. Amazon is great as usual! I would still prefer a pretty box, though!

Seik

Banned
Amazon is so perfect. I wish their shipping wasn't straight ass though.

I used to think that way too.

Then they cancelled my Pit after delaying it a couple of times without any compensations. I had to shell out double of what it was worth at launch to get one from a GAFer in the US.

Whereabouts are you Cuthbert? I may have an extra one coming in...

I am in Quebec City!

I may also have an extra coming in so I should be good if that one is not bent. I am so paranoid on cancellations and bent box that I order at many places. Thanks for the offer! =)

I used to think that way too.

Then they cancelled my Pit after delaying it a couple of times without any compensations. I had to shell out double of what it was worth at launch to get one from a GAFer in the US.

Since we live so close and you open your boxes, we should check with each other if I got a bent box before you open yours! ;)

Top Bottom