• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Ranger X

No pre-orders at EBgames anymore for Amiibos?

This is so stupid. I'll have to pre-order on amazon or something? what are our other options, fellow Canucks?

MarkusRJR

So apparently Dedede, Pit, Villager, Little Mac, and Marth all got their restock at Amazon.ca. They sold out super fucking fast as usual.

I seriously just don't even care anymore. All I want of the already released amiibo is Dedede and Villager but I doubt I'll get either at this rate. I shouldn't have to refresh Amazon pages 24/7/365 just to get the few amiibo that I want. This whole situation is embarrassing and makes me dislike the company as a whole (especially now that they're putting more amiibo-locked content into games).

I'm not sure if everyone is aware or not but Walmart is going to be restocking Villager on July 8th at around 9 pm EST. Perhaps they'll restock other rares as well since they just recently added them back to their website.

https://twitter.com/WalmartCanada/status/617067459464572928
Ugh this is going to be like attempting to buy Wave 4 from Walmart all over again.

As of yesterday, EBgames upper management confirmed they won't be doing preorders for any Amiibos going forward. During wave 4, their entire fucking team took a long holiday and delayed the allocation emails to stores, who oversold without knowledge. They dont want the headache.

TRU seems to be doing what they did with Splatoon. BB won't be doing preorders.

What a shit-show this fall is going to be.

This really does suck.

I will have to go Amazon or order from overseas for ZSS.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Slightly off topic, but I found WoN figures at 401 (for $29.99, lol) and Silver Snail ($14.99) in Toronto. I had been looking for the large Wario for a long while. No clue how long they've had them in stock, but when I was hunting at Toys R Us and Target, I'd never see anything outside of the occasional micro-sized figures.

On Amiibo, it's terrible that we no longer have pre-orders instead of just limiting the amount people can order. I hope Amazon comes through as they have been in the past for me. I'm one of those fans who just won't take the time to camp out, or visit a dozen stores looking for that one I want.

Brofield

I just saw in the main amiibo thread that the Yarn Yoshi's are now expected to release October 16th. When did they announce that? And are they available to order now on Amazon?

Ondore

I just saw in the main amiibo thread that the Yarn Yoshi's are now expected to release October 16th. When did they announce that? And are they available to order now on Amazon?

1) The E3 digital event, since they were always going to be day and date with Yoshi's Woolly World.

2) Probably not, though I wonder if Amazon has posted the YWW bundle yet.

BigMoneyPapi

Neo Member
My neighbour just gave me his Marth for free, my most sought-after amiibo and favourite character of the series. I have now completed my Fire Emblem collection (until Roy comes out) so I'm out of the game for good!

lucina and rosalina amiibo arrived today, total collection now up to 3
CJUSVuLUkAAfBwU.jpg:large

Sealtest

And I got a villager, Nice! Just need ness and Ike to complete my rares then eventually get around to buying Luigi,Donkey kong and kirby then i'm all caught up.

CRA5H

Hope you guys are able to grab the rares you still need. I'm not gonna double dip in these since I was lucky enough to own them at launch. One less person to compete against :)

That's what I'm doing.. Heh

If you're going to do your amiibo hunting in the bathroom, I hope a coworker will walk by the stall you're hiding in as you're shouting "Yes! Yes! YEES!!" from nabbing a rare one
or "No! No! NOO!!" after they've all been bought by scalpers

Sora_N

If you're going to do your amiibo hunting in the bathroom, I hope a coworker will walk by the stall you're hiding in as you're shouting "Yes! Yes! YEES!!" from nabbing a rare one
or "No! No! NOO!!" after they've all been bought by scalpers

The connection sucks in that area unfortunately, might just hop to the lunch room for 5 mins.

I am so glad I got the Amiibo I really wanted from Wave 4. I not sure I could handle trying to keep on top of the online restocks.

At this point I'm just going to purchase Amiibo I want if I see them in store, and maybe at conventions if the pricing isn't to ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused; when is the Walmart restock exactly? 12:00? 13:00?

Top Bottom