• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

1 hour

EDIT: Anyone know of a better way to see when the restocks happen as opposed to hitting F5 on the main amiibo search page repeatedly?

Check4Change extension on Firefox. Highlight text that will change when they come in stock (probably the "out of stock" text) and set a refresh interval (30 seconds for casuals). It'll ping you when it changes (make sure your speakers aren't set too high).

Probably create an account and enter your CC/address information as well to make checkout quicker.

Check4Change extension on Firefox. Highlight text that will change when they come in stock (probably the "out of stock" text) and set a refresh interval (30 seconds for casuals). It'll ping you when it changes (make sure your speakers aren't set too high).

Probably create an account and enter your CC/address information as well to make checkout quicker.

Wow, this extension is pretty great! Thank you!

stolin

WTF !!! on check out..

Oops!
Something broke by accident.

The page you were trying to reach doesn't exist anymore, or maybe it has moved. It might be best to just start over.

Finally got through... got my Villager! That's now all Smash Amiibo NA released so far.

MarkusRJR

Just got all 6, so easy wtf?

Just impulse spent $100 on amiibos when I only wanted like 1 of them (Villager). I'm an idiot. Either way they work as trading fodder for the ones I want, I guess.

MarkusRJR

Same.. I have a bad feeling about this. :(
It was actually hilarious my timing though. I went to the amiibo page once my alarm woke me up at 11:55, turned on my computer, clicked each of them in new tabs at exactly 12pm cst and found them in stock (when they said unavailable on the still existing amiibo page). It shocked me since Walmart is always super late on these things. Hopefully they don't cancel them all... :(

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it's 1 per amiibo per person? Guess that's stopping scalpers, maybe why it's lasting longer!

MarkusRJR

They're getting out of stock now, so I guess our orders are fine? The last few restocks on amazon and such probably brought the demand for them down, hopefully.

Quenk

We have an update on your recent Walmart.ca order #x

We have run out of items in your order, and these items will be delayed.

Out of Stock Items
Wii Fit Trainer amiibo

:(

Ryde3

Thanks guys! I haven't checked this thread in ages and I happened to take a look around noon.

Ended up getting a Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Pit and Marth.

When I started my collection I told myself I'd only get characters that I liked - in this case I really only like Pit, and only got the other 3 because they are the 'rare' amiibos.

Do these restocks mean they aren't rare anymore and I should just return them to the store for sanity's sake lol?

Really happy to finally get Pit though! I'm in Toronto, haven't got any out of stock e-mails - if someone has a Little Mac or something rare from the newer waves send me a PM and perhaps we can work out a trade.

Harusame

Thanks guys! I haven't checked this thread in ages and I happened to take a look around noon.

When I started my collection I told myself I'd only get characters that I liked - in this case I really only like Pit, and only got the other 3 because they are the 'rare' amiibos.

Do these restocks mean they aren't rare anymore and I should just return them to the store for sanity's sake lol?

Really happy to finally get Pit though! I'm in Toronto, haven't got any out of stock e-mails - if someone has a Little Mac or something rare from the newer waves send me a PM and perhaps we can work out a trade.

With the restocks, I would say their rarity might have gone down just a bit, but they are still highly sought after.

Given that they still sold out in ~5-7 minutes, even after a couple of restocks, I think rarity/value will remain somewhat constant, for now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is anyone checking kijiji/craigslist after these restocks and seeing an increase in rare Amiibo? I'm just curious how many are still going into the reseller market and how many are being bought by people that would actually like to keep them.

Given that they still sold out in ~5-7 minutes, even after a couple of restocks, I think rarity/value will remain somewhat constant, for now.

The "perceived value" will remain high for now since it took so long for them to get restocked but the actual value will most certainly drop when everyone is trying to trade them for the wave 5/6 rares.

Maximus.

Ordered Villager and Marth. Already got everyone else from other means, since I never thought a restock was going to happen.

Zing

Banned
Last chance for Lucario before I return him to the store tomorrow. $35 CAD shipped. He is NA and sealed, except TRU shipping department has no grasp of geometry, so the card is unnecessarily bent.

MarkusRJR

Last chance for Lucario before I return him to the store tomorrow. $35 CAD shipped. He is NA and sealed, except TRU shipping department has no grasp of geometry, so the card is unnecessarily bent.
I'd be down for that. I open most of my collection so having a bent package doesn't bother me.

Anth0ny

dr. mario is available on amazon.it

he's one of the last smash bros amiibo I want, but he comes out to $37 CAD with shipping, which breaks my "don't pay more than $30 for a fucking nintendo toy" rule.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was very tempted, but I didn't pull the trigger. I would have had to have bundled it with something I don't have like Pac-Man for the free shipping and just looking at the $36 total. Oof. I hate being super picky about Amiibo now, but $16 per is near the point where I can actually get better figures for a few bucks more. And the situation as a whole has soured me. I'd rather have some of the Jakks WoN stuff. :/

At this point the only one out there I really want that I don't have is Jigglypuff and that's for my wife.

Top Bottom