• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

i-Jest

No. No. No. No. No. No. NO.

CLQLKpeUwAE4EmG.png

I hate how this sort of information is passed around without a hint of mention for Canada, because I'm terrified what I'll do to score these.

Nintendo, why did you allow this to happen? WHY.

Well I'm going to have some extra. I put an order of two into BB figuring one would get cancelled. Both shipped. Put an order in to EB Games just in case the one I was expecting from BB arrived all banged up which went through. Then they were available at The Source. I have never bee so casual and relaxed to place an order. I honestly wasn't expecting to get an order in. Was more testing things out. Turns out you could order 2 per order (to save on shipping costs). I didn't even have an account. That order went through.

So yeah. I'll have some extra for trade fodder. Will likely put one up for cost and shipping also. Just need to get my son 1 MIMB one.

Sora_N

You didn't get an order in? Your on LINE GAF right?

No I don't use line after I got hacked last year.

I was able to order Palutena last week so I thought this amiibo shit situation finally changed but it basically hasn't.

I am too busy at work so I can't check my phone and such. I checked BB at 9am PST or whenever it was supposed to be and 2pm on amazon. Shouldn't be this hard.

I guess I'm just gonna call in sick for the next release and I can have a day off or something.

i-Jest

No I don't use line after I got hacked last year.

I was able to order Palutena last week so I thought this amiibo shit situation finally changed but it basically hasn't.

I am too busy at work so I can't check my phone and such. I checked BB at 9am PST or whenever it was supposed to be and 2pm on amazon. Shouldn't be this hard.

I guess I'm just gonna call in sick for the next release and I can have a day off or something.

Ah, I see. With BestBuy, Dark Pit was sold out before the page officially went up. Remember that comparison page we used to Get Rosalina in our carts to check out faster? People did the same thing for Dark Pit. Didn't try Amazon because I already got one earlier.

PM DeathByBacklog for one of his extras, assuming they're not spoken for, if that's something your interested in doing. Your not in Vancouver are you?

ohlawd

how do you do that compare product stuff at Best Buy? I did get Pittoo from BB earlier using that method but I wanna know for future reference.

i-Jest

how do you do that compare product stuff at Best Buy? I did get Pittoo from BB earlier using that method but I wanna know for future reference.

Wish I knew. That time with Rosalina, I think it was someone fiddling around with the script.

Ondore

@DonaldMick: 11th of September: Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, 8-Bit Mario.

25th: Retro 3 Pack (Duck Hunt, ROB, G&W)

@DonaldMick: Mii Fighters 3 Pack: November.
Modern Mario: TBA.
Individuals in Retro pack: Please understand.

So anyone want to split a 3-pack? Just want Duck Hunt.

And it appears the bundle won't be exclusive.

Anth0ny

of course they're exclusive to the 3 pack

of course they're going to be eb games exclusive and impossible to find

this. is. north american amiibo collecting.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So Duck Hunt Duo, the ONLY amiibo I ABSOLUTELY wanted, is exclusive to a 3 characters bundle that is also exclusive to Gamestop/EBgames. Oh, and you need to be a member of the (paid) gamestop membership thing to get access to earlier preorders or something. This is even worse than I could have imagined.

I can't believe how frustrating collecting amiibos is. I almost feel like reselling my whole collection now... Too bad most of them are opened.

And no, I refuse to overpay for imports (especially considering the poor conversion rate), and I'm not interested to pay more than twice the amount for 2 other amiibos I didn't even want.

ohlawd

aww yiss, one more month until I can get a ZSS and call it quits on the Smash line. the retro pack is bullshit. Gonna pass on G&W now :(

So has the 3 pack been confirmed as EB exclusive or is it still just speculation. There have been Amiibos exclusive in the US that were available at all retailers in Canada if I remember correctly. (Just trying to be positive)

Harusame

So has the 3 pack been confirmed as EB exclusive or is it still just speculation. There have been Amiibos exclusive in the US that were available at all retailers in Canada if I remember correctly. (Just trying to be positive)

The 3-pack has been confirmed as an EBgames exclusive in the states, however, not in Canada as of yet. But yeah, not info yet so we can still try to get our hopes up.

Congrats on destroying my interest in these things, Nintendo. The three pack bull is the last straw. Nearly half a year later and you still can't get these produced to meet demand, or deal with the scalper situation.

If these were handled properly, I would have easily sunk into the entire smash lineup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/3g200w/retro_3pack_available_for_preorder_at_eb_games

We just received confirmation that we will indeed be taking pre-sells on the 3-Pack starting Saturday morning. Each store has been assigned individual allocations the vary by store. Judging by the allocations for the stores in my district there will be plenty to go around. Stores have been asked not to discuss how many they will be getting, so most stores probably won't tell you.
Have fun, kids.
EDIT: Some more information.
From the allocations we received it looks like stores are getting anywhere from 20 to 65 preorders, and we HAVE been giving firm numbers from Nintendo to prevent crap like what happened with Robin and Lucina.
Staff will be limited to about 10% of the total allocation for preorder (if we're getting 30, staff can preorder 3).
It will be strictly 1 unit per household and district managers WILL be checking stores to ensure the same preorder info does not show up in multiple stores.
We will NOT be opening an hour early.
We have no information on the rest of wave 5, so don't ask. If something changes we will let you know.

CRA5H

Tempting but I already got the splatoon 3 pack and not sure if I still want it. I definitely like the smash 3pack over the splatoon 3pack so we will see what I do this Saturday.

Harusame

Got info from my ebgames store that will receive an allocation of 40 of the amiibo 3-pack. Within the Lower Mainland, the Oakridge and Metrotown locations will receive the most, with each receiving 110 each.

espher

This Saturday? I made plans, so I guess I totally miss out?

Yeah, I might be up a creek here. Going to see if I can get some friends to go put two orders in for me if they planned on going up to the mall anyway... absolutely brutal to get notification this late.

i-Jest

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanad...er_at_eb_games

We just received confirmation that we will indeed be taking pre-sells on the 3-Pack starting Saturday morning. Each store has been assigned individual allocations the vary by store. Judging by the allocations for the stores in my district there will be plenty to go around. Stores have been asked not to discuss how many they will be getting, so most stores probably won't tell you.
Have fun, kids.
EDIT: Some more information.
From the allocations we received it looks like stores are getting anywhere from 20 to 65 preorders, and we HAVE been giving firm numbers from Nintendo to prevent crap like what happened with Robin and Lucina.
Staff will be limited to about 10% of the total allocation for preorder (if we're getting 30, staff can preorder 3).
It will be strictly 1 unit per household and district managers WILL be checking stores to ensure the same preorder info does not show up in multiple stores.
We will NOT be opening an hour early.
We have no information on the rest of wave 5, so don't ask. If something changes we will let you know.

Looks like I'll be going in the morning then since I'll have the time.

hupla

Gonna be on a plane at 630 in the morning so I think I'm SOL for this 3 pack, but I'm just gonna import them so its not a huge deal guess! Good luck to all of y'all lining up!

Anth0ny

and they aren't taking online pre orders, right? l o fucking l

I guess I'm missing out on these three. I'll try to import when the canadian dollar isn't complete dogshit.

Top Bottom