• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

zroid

Banned
There is a "deal" at Best Buy this week on Smash Mario, and both types of Peach and Luigi

$10 each

edit: by the way the Modern Colour Mario is shown in Wal-Mart's flyer. I think the item # is 30418804 if that makes it easier to find

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
AMAZON CANADA PRE-ORDERS TAKEN DOWN

They have been taken down off Amazon Canada to be relaunched at the proper times tomorrow!

AmazonJosh has confirmed on reddit that all orders placed tonight will be honoured!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCana..._amazon_canada_preorders_placed_tonight_will/

Managed to get an Olimar order in, with ZSS still flickering for me. Amazon has been reliable with their Amiibo orders for me, but I don't care about the condition of the box.

ahdurian

Oh is Dr Mario an exclusive? I saw it in the flyer along with Modern Mario but didn't realize. Its item # is 30418616

according to the sub, it looks like both of them are Walmart exclusive

Also, sweet. the MiiFighters are up on SuperUFO for 18USD+tax/shipping

i-Jest

AMAZON CANADA PRE-ORDERS TAKEN DOWN

They have been taken down off Amazon Canada to be relaunched at the proper times tomorrow!

AmazonJosh has confirmed on reddit that all orders placed tonight will be honoured!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCana..._amazon_canada_preorders_placed_tonight_will/

Good stuff. Got my order confirmations too. Honestly, I didn't think this would happen again after, Palutena Amiibo orders. They must have plentiful stock and it feels like it was done on purpose.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If anyone in Toronto wants to pick up a modern 8-bit Mario, I wouldn't mind paying cost + $5 for the trouble. I'll never have the time to go hunting for it.

Kade

Hit up Wal-Mart this morning while on my coffee run and got a Dr. Mario. Place was near empty and they had TONS of everything.

oneran

My Wal-Mart had a ton of everything. I got Ganondorf, Olimar, and both 8-bit Marios.

As did mine except they only had like 4 Classic 8-bit Marios but a Ton of Modern, It looks like Nintendo is handling the amiibo situation a lot better!

(Also while I was walking out of Walmart a guy just stops looks at me and starts sprinting towards the electronics section, hilarious!)

Ryne

I'll journey to Wal-Mart before work.

Haven't really gotten into the amiibo game because it does seem so time consuming, but there are a couple of amiibos I do want (classic marios and yarn yoshis). Once I get those I'll wait again until something appealing comes out for me.

Kinsei

Banned
My walmart had a ton of Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, both 30th anniversary Marios, and Olimar. They got no Bowser Jr or ZSS amiibo though. I managed to get one of everything they had (minus classic 30th Mario since I only wanted modern)

I'm gonna go searching for a Bowser Jr. later today. I hope I can find one.

CRA5H

My walmart had a ton of Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, both 30th anniversary Marios, and Olimar. They got no Bowser Jr or ZSS amiibo though. I managed to get one of everything they had (minus classic 30th Mario since I only wanted modern)

I'm gonna go searching for a Bowser Jr. later today. I hope I can find one.
Seems like ZSS was not shipped to all wal marts. Bowser JR is a TRU exclusive so it wouldn't be in stock at wal mart :p

Thank goodness for the Amazon stock for ZSS. Will she be the Lucina of this wave?

Kinsei

Banned
Seems like ZSS was not shipped to all wal marts. Bowser JR is a TRU exclusive so it wouldn't be in stock at wal mart :p

Thank goodness for the Amazon stock for ZSS. Will she be the Lucina of this wave?

Oh, I didn't know there were any retailer exclusives releasing today except the Modern 30th anniversary one.

Checked another Wal-Mart, dude was taking them out of the box, they had everything but Olimar, ZSS and of course Bowser Jr since thats TRU exclusive.

zroid

Banned
when I got to Wal-Mart at around 8:30 all they had left were Modern Mario, Dr. Mario, and Olimar

only ones I wanted were Modern Mario and ZSS so still on the hunt for ZSS for now... hopefully at BB

zroid

Banned
so uh, is it just me or did Best Buy basically hide every amiibo on their website? searching turns up nothing, nor does navigating to the "amiibo" category.

i think you can still access the product pages if you have a direct link but that seems to be about it

so uh, is it just me or did Best Buy basically hide every amiibo on their website? searching turns up nothing, nor does navigating to the "amiibo" category.

i think you can still access the product pages if you have a direct link but that seems to be about it

Yeah, I noticed this too.

Maybe they're prepping for something.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So let's say I want the Duck Hunt dog, but I have zero interest in ROB or Mr Game and Watch... what's the absolute cheapest option for me?

TWILT

Banned
Got my Zero Suit Samus and classic 8-bit Mario (and Mario Maker) at Toys R Us! \o/ I was tempted to get Ganondorf too, but I don't really use him that much in Smash anyway. They only had like 3 Zero Suits left, but I checked EB Games and they seemed to have like 20+ there lol.

Top Bottom