• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

ohlawd

k I think I'm leaning on not getting a second ZSS. every little bit of money helps when I'm throwing 500 bucks away for that PS4 >_>

Managed to get hold of ZSS thanks to a friend of mine who was out.

The EB stores close to me have plenty of ZSS and Olimar available. Some Ganon. No word on 8-bit Mario.

Ryne

Ordered 8 bit Classic Mario with BestBuy and bought Modern Mario at wal-mart this morning. These are my first Amiibos, didn't know they were this big.

Next will be the yarn yoshis, then I'm finished until other ones I like come out.

I think the 8-bit Mario might be the rarest. Went to an EB and that was the only one they didn't have. 1 ZSS, 4 Ganondorfs, and plenty of Olimars.

30th anniversary, and it's Mario.

CRA5H

I think the 8-bit Mario might be the rarest. Went to an EB and that was the only one they didn't have. 1 ZSS, 4 Ganondorfs, and plenty of Olimars.

30th anniversary, and it's Mario.
Haha did you just leave Yorkdale mall? I just bought a ZSS from there and they had exactly 4 ganons and 2 ZSS until I bought one. Olimars for days and no sign of 8bit.

ahdurian

Went to the EBs at Queen/Dpadina, Bloot/Bathurst and Cloverdale mall.
Crap ton of Olimars and Ganons at each.and handful of ZZSs.
I thought Oli would be the hardest to find

Everyone the order page for the Mario 8 bit (classic amiibo) is up on amazon.ca as of now.

Edit: I ended up seeing it under "See More Buying Options" first if it still isn't showing on the main page

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I can't believe I got an order in on bestbuy for that zero suit. I was half asleep when I did it and thought it was a dream when I woke up.

Of course, it's not real until it comes to my house, but this is good.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I should've taken a pic at the Brampton TRU when I stopped there at 12:30 because there were at least a dozen of each character still and the girl told me there were 45 people in line at opening. The Walmart I stopped at after that had 20+ Dr Marios and a half dozen Modern Marios also. There was plenty of stock in stores today, you guys should've gone out.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I should've taken a pic at the Brampton TRU when I stopped there at 12:30 because there were at least a dozen of each character still and the girl told me there were 45 people in line at opening. The Walmart I stopped at after that had 20+ Dr Marios and a half dozen Modern Marios also. There was plenty of stock in stores today, you guys should've gone out.

Damn, 45 people in line and plenty of stock. I guess Amiibo hype is still real, even if it's deflated a tiny bit. We're just lucky stock seems to be a smaller issue. Of course, retail exclusives make the entire thing a bit more messy than it has to be.

Brofield

Went in to TRU in Pickering, ON yesterday, walking out with Olimar and Bowser Jr. with several leftover. Saw Ganondorf there as well but decided to pass because I'm broke.

Just need to score Dr. Mario now at this point

Sealtest

Anyone else's Classic Mario from Thursday still sitting at preparing for shipment? Mines been like this since Friday morning and I don't know if I should just contact amazon about it.

dankir

Any Canadian Amiibro's want to help me get my last 4 missing figs? Looking to purchase sealed NA versions of the following:

DeDede
Little Mac
Pit
Meta Knight.

PM me please.

ahdurian

well maybe it'll be out tomorrow?
i literally just got an e-mail from them saying my Modern Mario just shipped, so maybe they're still backlogging shipments?

Bah, Bowser Jr. was available for like 5 minutes just now, but I honest to god couldnt convince myself to pay $9 shipping, and they dont have a pick up at store option :(

ohlawd

Bah, Bowser Jr. was available for like 5 minutes just now, but I honest to god couldnt convince myself to pay $9 shipping, and they dont have a pick up at store option :(

try your TRU in store. mine at Whalley has a bajillion of them, 10 each of Dorf and Olimar

CRA5H

Canada Post marked my package as delivered yesterday.. It still hasn't arrived. :S

Never had this problem before this Canada Post. They are usually reliable.

GunFalcon

There are literally 30 or so Olimar's at every EB I've gone to in Vancouver.

Good sign!

Ended up selling my extra Lucina, Robin and Pit today (~25$ each). Looking to sell or trade my remaining Capt F and Marth for retro 3 pack and then I'm DONE! (Aside from Mewtwo, Ryu and Roy...and Lucas...).

ohlawd

no ZSS in sight today but my Lucina figma came

she looks nice. idunno how to bend her right arm like she does in the happy pic tho

Renewed

no ZSS in sight today but my Lucina figma came

she looks nice. idunno how to bend her right arm like she does in the happy pic tho

It's been 12 days or so since my Lucina figma shipped. SAL with amiami usually arrives around this point so now I'm watching closely.

Really contemplating 30th Modern Mario, although I've never bought any Mario series amiibo except for Rosalina... >.>

TWILT

Banned
Checked my TRU on the way home, and dang, so many Bowser Jrs/Ganondorfs/Olimar still lol (there were a few ZSSs left when I checked a few days, but they're all gone now). Kinda weird seeing a Mario amiibo selling out lol. Was surprisingly able to get the last Captain Falcon they had though. Looks pretty nice.

I just want Falco now and I think pretty much all the DLC Smash characters lol (mostly Ryu). Given up on trying to find a Lucina though. ._.

ahdurian

It's been 12 days or so since my Lucina figma shipped. SAL with amiami usually arrives around this point so now I'm watching closely.

Really contemplating 30th Modern Mario, although I've never bought any Mario series amiibo except for Rosalina... >.>

just got my Lucina figure today
she's so glorious

ohlawd

just got my Lucina figure today
she's so glorious

what pose you got her in?

I gave up trying to adjust her right arm lol. right now she's got her happy face and her arms aren't doing anything while standing straight. I was gonna have her hold her sword with her right hand but she'll look like a serial killer when she's smiling, weapon at hand

the holy trinity of Lucina

Kc4SJAg.jpg

damn, looks rather boring. ah well, I'll mess with different poses tomorrow

ahdurian

haven't taken her out of the box yet lol

also, what the hell is with Best Buy shipping stuff in huge ass boxes?
I got my first Classic Mario Amiibo, but it was shipped in a box that could hold like 6 amiibos

Maximus.

haven't taken her out of the box yet lol

also, what the hell is with Best Buy shipping stuff in huge ass boxes?
I got my first Classic Mario Amiibo, but it was shipped in a box that could hold like 6 amiibos

Maybe all the people crying about their boxes being bent and demanding refunds or new figures made them just say fuck it and spend a bit more on more spacious packaging. Or maybe they just ran out of small boxes for your order.

Top Bottom