• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

i-Jest

I've got an extra modern Mario on the way. Is he fairly rare? Would I be able to trade him for something decent?

As far as I know Classic Mario's been selling out, not including Best Buy's site, probably do to Mario Maker hype. Modern Mario is still in stock on Walmart's site. It's probably boarding on common at this point.

This waves been pretty plentiful overall though. I really thought getting ZSS would be one of the more difficult challenges this wave. She can still be had at retail value currently this late after release. That still has me surprised.

zroid

Banned
ZSS arrived in pristine condition!

PRAISE BE!

and even the sausage fingers don't look too bad on mine. got lucky I guess! no issues with the paint job either.

MarkusRJR

Got my ZZS, Ganondorf, and Olimar + Pikmin amiibos.

Olimar is officially my favorite amiibo thus far, apart from maybe Ness (or maybe Chibi Robo once I see it in person). Super cute. :)

How does ToysRus response damage Amiibo box? https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=b3NYVkdlLUx3cnpaaVozUDFrSWVHTFdac0pkMDdB

Ganon is the only one that came out correctly, they use a huge box for 4 Amiibo with no packaging at all, no air bag or anything.... Walmart's Dr.Mario, was well package and it's in perfect condition.

Bowser jr. box is okay, but he's off center because the bottom platic is lifted on one side

I'll grab better, photo tonight and try to contact support.

teeg

Just wondering if anyone has an extra Modern 8-bit Mario they are willing to sell. I dragged my feet on buying one and then when I looked today to grab it I see Walmart.ca is out of stock.
Looking to pay retail + shipping. PM me and we can work out the details.

Just wondering if anyone has an extra Modern 8-bit Mario they are willing to sell. I dragged my feet on buying one and then when I looked today to grab it I see Walmart.ca is out of stock.

I might exchange it for a green yarn yoshi if you come across one...

dankir

It's not on Bestbuy.ca. or Walmart.ca?

teeg

It's not on Bestbuy.ca. or Walmart.ca?

I'm looking for the Modern version with the Blue overalls. It's exclusive to Walmart in Canada. It was In Stock yesterday when I looked, yet Out of Stock today when I got paid and was going to grab it.

Worst case I'll grab it when it likely becomes available in the US.

kinger

How does ToysRus response damage Amiibo box? https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=b3NYVkdlLUx3cnpaaVozUDFrSWVHTFdac0pkMDdB

Ganon is the only one that came out correctly, they use a huge box for 4 Amiibo with no packaging at all, no air bag or anything.... Walmart's Dr.Mario, was well package and it's in perfect condition.

Bowser jr. box is okay, but he's off center because the bottom platic is lifted on one side

I'll grab better, photo tonight and try to contact support.
Tell us how it goes? The worst they can do is not do anything, so you don't lose anything except maybe your time and temper if they say no.
How were they arranged so that they'd come out like that though?
lol my ZSS has been stuck in Ontario since the 15th. these fuckers really wanna make that Sep 21 estimated delivery date
WM order? Mine is too! Which is funny because it says 'expedited.' It also took them a while to send it out in the first place though.
I'm looking for the Modern version with the Blue overalls. It's exclusive to Walmart in Canada. It was In Stock yesterday when I looked, yet Out of Stock today when I got paid and was going to grab it.

Worst case I'll grab it when it likely becomes available in the US.
I'd say check if a store near you has it, but I haven't actually seen one in person at Walmart. I wonder if he's really that much more popular than Dr. Mario(which is still abundant), his production numbers were lower, or were they bought out by people from the US?
Bah, Bowser Jr. was available for like 5 minutes just now, but I honest to god couldnt convince myself to pay $9 shipping, and they dont have a pick up at store option :(
Every TRU I've been to still has a ton.

Maximus.

Couple of days ago I walked into a TRU and they had a ton of Bowser Jr. and Olimar. Walked out with a Bowser Jr :) My other three figures arrived and look good!

Clov

So, only a few more days till release and I still can't find a preorder for the standalone 3DS NFC Reader/Writer. Is it just not being sold individually here? I might as well import if that's the case.

Brofield

Well, I finally got around to arranging my collection so instead of resting on top of their opened boxes, they're all in much better lighting. With the empty space I thought it was appropriate to fit in my WW Ganon and MM Skull Kid (though now I feel bad I don't have Toon Link or the other Zelda amiibos besides Link and his piss stand)

5cD6ati.jpg

Those little shelves I got were from Solutions, because the Ikea plastic shelves I would've liked had far too much overhang for the glass shelf, and I didn't want them on the alcove there covering the window too much.

Though I might have more problems when I pick up the Retro 3 pack, all three yarn yoshi, Shovel Knight, Mewtwo, Ryu and the possible Bayonetta/Wonder Red amiibo or whoever gets picked next from the Smash Ballot.

Sealtest

dankir

Finally!

x9KxVN7.jpg

Got pit for 20 and Lil Mac for 30 bucks. Just missing Shiek, Dedede and Meta Knight and entire collection is nearly complete!

Anybody selling Dedede or Meta Knight? I'm in Montreal.

Thanks!

I've been checking in on these sporadically as of late.

I think I'm just missing Greninja, Jigglpuff and Ness of the stuff that's been released so far.

If anyone here has those I've got a few doubles to trade: Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucario, Shulk, Olimar, Rosalina, Charizard (wow, more than I'd realized).

Any word on scoring a blue yarn Yoshi amiibo in Canada yet?

isny

napkin dispenser
Going to be getting rid of the rest of what I have left, not feasible for me at the moment to keep collecting, so if you're interested in any of these PM me, all at cost plus shipping or local pick up here in Ottawa. About half of these are still sealed and all are from the U.S.

Megaman
Sheik
Ike
Pit
Toon Link
Sonic
Dr. Mario
Charizard
Samus
Link

Going to be getting rid of the rest of what I have left, not feasible for me at the moment to keep collecting, so if you're interested in any of these PM me, all at cost plus shipping or local pick up here in Ottawa. About half of these are still sealed and all are from the U.S.

Megaman
Sheik
Ike
Pit
Toon Link
Sonic
Dr. Mario
Charizard
Samus
Link

I'm interested in that Sheik. PM me if it's available :)

CRA5H

I just picked up a Bowser JR from TRU. There were tons of them. I hope Mewtwo and Falco will be stacked like this as well.

Harusame

Tomorrow is the release date for the EB exclusive Retro pack, right?

That is indeed correct. Since some Ebgames are doing a midnight release or early morning opening for NBA 2K16 this Friday, you should be able to pick up the retro-pack then, as well as AC: HHD.

ahdurian

Tomorrow is the release date for the EB exclusive Retro pack, right?
Yup minr called me today to remind me.

Also if anyone is in need of a 2nd print Mwrth, Pit (both NA) or a Greninja (JPN) II have themBNIB.
Both Pit and Marth I can let go for MSRP+shipping buy Greninja would have to be a little more since it was imported

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Happy 3 months before Christmas Retro 3 Pack day.

I picked up my preorder on my way home from work. They're all great.

CRA5H

I have the 3 pack Splatoon brand new but I really like the Retro 3 pack.. debating whether to buy the retro outright or swap my splatoon 3 pack for one. I'm honestly not attached to this Splatoon 3 pack at all since I don't even own Splatoon. Seems like stock is decent around the city for the retro pack too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have the 3 pack Splatoon brand new but I really like the Retro 3 pack.. debating whether to buy the retro outright or swap my splatoon 3 pack for one. I'm honestly not attached to this Splatoon 3 pack at all since I don't even own Splatoon. Seems like stock is decent around the city for the retro pack too.

Likewise, I have a spare Splatoon 3 pack, but when I offered it up a month ago asking for some Amiibo like Jigglypuff and a few other fairly common Amiibo, no one seemed interested.

i-Jest

Everyone in my 3 pack look great. Not many of the starting roster left now. Falco and Mii Fighters is it I guess. DLC characters are next like Mew Two, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu are next.

Is anyone really considering the Mega Yarn Yoshi?

Top Bottom