• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

CANADIAN AMIIBO UPDATE - FRIDAY FEBRUARY 6TH

Future Shop should have or finally start selling Toon Link, Shiek and Bowser today. So check in on that. Many stores have slowly been getting stock of them. They also announced on Twitter yesterday that their online pre-orders for Meta Knight will be shipping out early next week, along with the confirmation that all Meta Knights are for pre-orders only, no first come/first serve Meta Knights will be available.

EB Games got Rosalina in store this week, but if your local store(s) didn't then it could show up today. She showed up yesterday and they got ONE. Their Twitter confirmed today that Mega Man and Sonic will be available for pick up in store on Monday February 9th, no extras for non-preorders.

Toys R Us had all of Wave 3 and Rosalina in store on Tuesday, so if your location didn't get them in yet then you should check again today as some stores held back their Wave 3 stock for the Lucario launch that occured today. He is now sold out online but the rest of Wave 3 is supposed to go up on their website at sometime today.

Wal Mart did not get Wave 3 in for today's launch, they have always been the last ones to get stock. Keep checking in, but it will likely be Toon Link, Bowser and Shiek only.

MEGA MAN AND SONIC ARE AT THE EB GAMES WAREHOUSES NOW BEING SHIPPED OUT TODAY - IN STORES MONDAY!
https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/563705330568151040

It won't be available in-store today. We're only receiving it in our warehouse today. Earliest it'll be in-stores is Mon

These will cover preorders only. There likely won't be many (if any) for non preorders.

ROSALINA WILL NOT BE COMING TO FUTURE SHOP STORES
https://twitter.com/FS_Gamer/status/563769292475600897

Sorry, the Rosalina amiibo was a limited, online only release that won't be available in-store. Stay tuned for more releases!

Likely the same with Best Buy since they are the same corporation.

evanmisha

ROSALINA WILL NOT BE COMING TO FUTURE SHOP STORES

https://twitter.com/FS_Gamer/status/563769292475600897

Likely the same with Best Buy since they are the same corporation.

I thought we already knew this. Target Rosalina stock got split in 5 between FS/BB, Amazon, TRU, EB Games, and Wal-Mart. FS/BB said before they even took orders that they wouldn't be sending Rosalina to stores. That's why EB Games who split their stock even further between retail and online only had a literal handful to sell. Meanwhile BB had Rosalina up for a solid 5 minutes.

jholmes

So my Lucario pal is pretty well losing his mind right now, so I don't have one for the thread. Sorry gang. If I somehow happen upon one I'll try to hook someone up.

ohlawd

nice to hear people will get their hands on Rosie

got mine just now. ooh yeah toaster quality

Obaxvyv.jpg

very impressed with her. said it before but having her in my hands confirms it.

Renewed

Gonna open up my Shulk amiibo now. Market value be damned.

Also, if they have Sonic and Megaman at EB Games, shouldn't the rest of the preorders that weren't fulfilled also be arriving soon?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well then, I just called EB Games at STC to see when they were getting more Shulks since I never got the call for my Online In Store Pre Order, and they happened to have one left so I'm gonna pick it up later today. Praise the sun!

Kyou

I'd say based on my placement I would say about more than 40 people initially then after the first 27 were given tickets most left

yeah I showed up about 5 minutes after opening just to see if they had gotten any other wave 3's since I assumed most people were just getting Lucarios

a fool's errand.

yeah I showed up about 5 minutes after opening just to see if they had gotten any other wave 3's since I assumed most people were just getting Lucarios

a fool's errand.

It's alright, I missed out on Toon Link today. Only Bowsers now. =|

Well good, I didn't want to spend my money anyways lol.

Gonna open up my Shulk amiibo now. Market value be damned.

Also, if they have Sonic and Megaman at EB Games, shouldn't the rest of the preorders that weren't fulfilled also be arriving soon?

Unlikely. This is EB finally fulfilling preorders for all the Wave 3 figures so far. No second restock yet.

And they will have them in stores Monday. They are not there yet.

Weiss

Banned
Gonna have to be there right at opening to get Mega Man. Hopefully I make it.

I feel so stupid trying to grab Lucario in a hurry and paying ten dollars more to get him. Especially since I was able to place a second order to get a second one with a Diddy Kong right after.

Kyou

It's alright, I missed out on Toon Link today. Only Bowsers now. =|

Well good, I didn't want to spend my money anyways lol.

I think I'm just going to consider wave 3 a lost cause and try to be more aware of when Wave 4 preorders open

it seems like that's the only way

I think I'm just going to consider wave 3 a lost cause and try to be more aware of when Wave 4 preorders open

it seems like that's the only way

Pretty much! I really want to go in store to check the more human proportioned characters to make sure that they're not super derp-faced or full of other imperfections that are VERY possible, but I think I'll just have to preorder it online because I don't want to bother with this crap.

teeg

Well I filled out the back of my Purolator card and left it on the door knob in case he decides to try a second time later today. If it's the same driver as usual he normally does.... However the card did say it wouldn't be available for pickup from the depot until Monday after 8am :(

Just go to the pickup location sometime closer to close today. It'll likely be there.
Last week I had one on my door around 10am. Said pick up the next day after 8am. Went to shoppers around Noon and it had just arrived.

Renewed

So my Shulk amiibo had these black ink smudges on the jacket. I could tell that it must have come from a bad application to the bottom of the jacket. I got most of it out with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol but I'm not going to touch the rest, because it's on the back as well and it's too close to the detail area.

Clov

Well then, I just called EB Games at STC to see when they were getting more Shulks since I never got the call for my Online In Store Pre Order, and they happened to have one left so I'm gonna pick it up later today. Praise the sun!

Damn, you're lucky. Every EB Games I've called didn't even get enough in to cover preorders.

oneran

When I got up at 4am too check for Lucario I was also checking the Sheik stock and noticed she was running low fast so I thought I'd be useful and put in some in-store reservations at future shop in a few major cities that had any left just in case any one here needed one only 2 went through:

95 First St., Orangeville (Ontario)
208 Chain Lake Dr., Halifax

If your in the area and need a shiek PM me with the city you want and I'll forward the reservation to you (After 24 hours the reservation will be cancelled).

First PM first serve on the off chance anyone is interested!

Update: Halifax has been claimed and I got another reservation in

Cowichan: 2900 Drinkwater Rd., Unit 101, Duncan BC

and

95 First St., Orangeville (Ontario) is still available

Anyone want to buy or trade a Lucario?

I had gone out this morning to pick one up for trade but the person decided to back away despite the fact I PMd them when I got it for them and they said it was good to ship them today. They then PMd me now that they don't want to. Had my GameStop USA order cancel so I have no way of getting a NA Shulk now.

Looking for cost+shipping but mainly a trade for Shulk since that is the reason I got it in the first place.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

I had gone out this morning to pick one up for trade but the person decided to back away despite the fact I PMd them when I got it for them and they said it was good to ship them today. They then PMd me now that they don't want to. Had my GameStop USA order cancel so I have no way of getting a NA Shulk now.

Looking for cost+shipping but mainly a trade for Shulk since that is the reason I got it in the first place.

I'd really like to buy the Lucario pls ;.;

tiijj

I'm interested, where are you located?

it was a fools errand, but I stopped onto the Sunridge TRU in Calgary anyways. Not a damn thing. One guy buying three bowsers though. Either a really stupid scalper or somebody with kids.

Kilvin

Well just discovered some not so positive news about my Walmart.ca Shiek order from Saturday.

When I got my order confirmation it stated February 6th was the estimated arrival. Somehow because of that I got confused and thought it meant she had shipped. When she didn't arrive today I started looking more closely and I realized that I never actually got a shipping confirmation email.

So I just went and looked at my order page on walmarts website and the reason I haven't got her yet is because she hasn't even shipped :(

Now it doesn't say back ordered just something along the lines of processing but I am now really worried that she is back ordered, what other reason would there be for her to not have shipped? I can't believe I was so dense as to overlook this until today.

The worst part is, I could have easily picked up a Sheik from TRU on Tuesday but passed because I thought this was a done deal. I'm going to be livid if my order gets cancelled....

Well just discovered some not so positive news about my Walmart.ca Shiek order from Saturday.

When I got my order confirmation it stated February 6th was the estimated arrival. Somehow because of that I got confused and thought it meant she had shipped. When she didn't arrive today I started looking more closely and I realized that I never actually got a shipping confirmation email.

So I just went and looked at my order page on walmarts website and the reason I haven't got her yet is because she hasn't even shipped :(

Now it doesn't say back ordered just something along the lines of processing but I am now really worried that she is back ordered, what other reason would there be for her to not have shipped? I can't believe I was so dense as to overlook this until today.

The worst part is, I could have easily picked up a Sheik from TRU on Tuesday but passed because I thought this was a done deal. I'm going to be livid of my order gets cancelled....
My Sheik order through Amazon is in the exact same situation (I made the order in late December though).

Azuran

Banned
I literally live 5 walking minutes away from a Toys R Us. Why did I decided to go to class instead of camping and being the first person in line this morning. Damn my prof for not posting his lectures online.

RIP Lucario.

Sora_N

The worst part is, I could have easily picked up a Sheik from TRU on Tuesday but passed because I thought this was a done deal. I'm going to be livid if my order gets cancelled....

I don't think she'll be rare but honestly I'd just sell you mine at cost + shipping if you want, I don't even like the sculpt.

Brofield

Shoot, I totally forgot Lucario released today. Gonna hope for the best that my Toys R Us has something left after I get off work.

If not...does anyone want to trade for my in-box Captain Falcon?

N° 2048

Ugh " Item Status: Out of Stock" for my Rosalina FS order. Stayed up until 4am for nothing?

If anyone has an extra Rosalina Amiibo, I will buy it off you for price+a TTC fare ($14+$3=$17 cash). Downtown Toronto. PM me, thanks in advance!

Stage On

Of course they Lucario up after I finally succumbed to sleep. *sigh*

Hope Futureshop finally manages to ship Rosalina for me today, it'd be nice to get her in the mail on Monday. The sooner I have her in my hands I can finally stop worrying if I need to return the other Mario amiibos I got this week.

Top Bottom