• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still looking for a DSlite, Shoppers has them on sale for $119 til tomorrow. I just got myself a nice crimson black unit.

Results may vary.

MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Some decent DS game deals if you can find them:

Bestbuy
Rhythm Heaven --$10
Glory of Heracles --$10
Dragon Ball Origins 2 --$15

Gamestop/EB
Broken Sword DS --$10
DQ Monsters Joker --$10
Dragon Ball Origins --$10
Flower Sun Rain --$13 (YMMV, can’t find online)
Elebits: Adv of Kai & Zero --$18
SMT: Strange Journey --$18
FF: 4 Heroes of Light --$20
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded --$20 (PM at BB/FS where it’s still $35)
Blue Dragon AS --$20

VGPLUS
Legendary Starfy --$20
Blue Dragon AS --$20

The Source (in-store, YMMV)
Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar --$15
Picross 3D --$15
Batman: Brave & Bold --$15
Dragon Ball Origins 2 --$15

Staples (in-store, YMMV)
Prof. Layton and UF --$20

Hope I can find SMT: Strange Journey tomorrow.

WEGGLES

Cmagus said:
I was with Rogers for my cell phone and absolutely hated it.I recently switched to Telus when I got my Iphone and I have had no complaints so far.Rogers IMO was incredibly incompetent, rude as hell on the phone (main reason I left them) and they were more expensive also their online billing and crap is always down or not working that was another major hassle I found with them.That's just my experience but yeah I hate Rogers with a passion but they are still better than Bell IMO.

I can speak for Telus but I got my iphone 0/down with contract for 50.00 a month/ 10 numbers that I can talk and text for free (Rogers only has My5) and the student deal when I got it got me something like 500 extra free texts and unlimited weekends.Lastly I am in Guelph/Toronto area and I have always had great reception and 3G connection.
I ended up going with Telus. Solid so far :)

If you're in Toronto, why not Wind?

Median

UberTag said:
Keep us updated on when your order arrives.

I had a Canada Post delivery attempt yesterday that I missed (will be picking it up tomorrow morning). The only things I'm expecting in the mail right now are a DHL package from Amazon USA and my FanExpo pass (which I don't believe would require a CP Package Delivery w/ signature) so I'm hopeful it's Xenoblade. For some reason I think we'll get our orders before folks in the States will.

Unfortunately it can't be it. I realized not too long before I got home that I had Xenoblade shipped to my work rather than my apartment. Will let you know when I get it though.

Tiktaalik said:
Oh random. Did they have quite a few? I would consider picking that up. I was still holding out hope that it'd be announced for NA. Maybe wait till Level 5 World conference in October? :(

They had at least six or seven copies left.

WEGGLES

Does FS price match Best Buy on cellphone deals?!

I JUST got a nexus S on a 3 year term and on Pg 16 of this weeks bestbuy flyer is...

Nexus S Free w/ 3 year term and a $50 gift card. Not sure if they mean the phone is "free" because the gift card covers the cost of the phone, or you get the phone free and a gift card as well... either way that's $50-$100 they should match...

EDIT: Also Steel Diver or Nintendogs+cats?

Edit 2.0 the re-editing: Nevermind on price matching, futureshop has the same deal. Phew!

Magnus

Will Best Buy Canada match bestbuy.com?

Would love to be in on the 3DS games sale next week. RE: Mercs 3D for $20 would be wonderful.

Anyone know where to find the game at its cheapest right now?

3N16MA

Banned
Magnus said:
Will Best Buy Canada match bestbuy.com?

Would love to be in on the 3DS games sale next week. RE: Mercs 3D for $20 would be wonderful.

Anyone know where to find the game at its cheapest right now?

No. Would be crazy if they did.

Guesong

Question ; Deus Ex HR is coming up next week, and it is the first game that I'll receive that I pre-ordered with Futureshop's E3 promotion a while back ago.

For those of you who have more experience with Futureshop and online ordering, what's the usual delay between release date and the day you receive your game? Do they use Canada Post or their own delivery trucks? Also, can I be remotely hopeful to receive the Augmented Edition (like their new promotion) despite me having pre-ordered while that promotion wasn't in effect?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
TheExodu5 said:
That's friggin ridiculous. Just ordered a 16GB model...it can't be that bad, can it?
It's probably ok for browsing the web or reading ebooks... but don't expect updates/new apps ever.

$100? Damn I flew through that online checkout! Claims to be in stock, but seeing as I chose in store pickup, I guess we'll see.

General consensus as a web-surfing machine? Anyone already own one?

No expandable storage. WebOS is dead.

Basically use it for music, videos, surfing, and reading e-books.

Even for just the tech alone it's worth it. Better than those Chinese knockoffs.

SaitoH

I picked up a 32 gig. I only have a desktop, so it'll be great for showing photos to friends etc. What the hell for that price.

edit: just noticed Best Buy is out of 16 and 32s and Future Shop is out of 16s. They are going fast.

BadWolf

3N16MA said:
True but if you show them a print out of the price many times they will honor when you have credit card in hand ready to pay. Not much you can do when they cancel it before delivery since the CSR on the phone won't help you much.

Anyways hope they honor it for you BadWolf.

gutter_trash said:
let us know if the transaction worked out smoothly with the BB price mistake

Received the PS3 today.

BB honored the price mistake =)

krae_man

How do I know if the in store pickup goes through? I won't lose any sleep if I don't get it but let's see what happens.

dream

Maddog said:
Bought a 16gb immediately. Do they have any good apps?

No. You're pretty much going to be using it as a web browser, which really isn't that bad of a deal if you don't have a tablet already.

Takao

Banned
I already own a laptop that I don't mind bringing with me, so if the only good use for this tablet is web browsing then I'm out.

TheExodu5

Banned
Maddog said:
Bought a 16gb immediately. Do they have any good apps?

There are definitely a few apps to grab. Kindle, for one. I just checked the top free apps section, and there are over 1600 apps...there has to be some worthwhile stuff in there.

ghostmind said:
I've heard that, except for Flash support, it's not even great at web browsing.

Using it is very similar to the first gen iPad. It's not a bad browsing experience at all.

Luigi87

In-store Pickup for the 16GB at FutureShop could not be fulfilled for me.

And now all my local stores have gone from In Stock to Out of Stock. (Same with Best Buy)

Johnny

All of the stores in Winnipeg are sold out, couldn't convince the sales rep to sell me a display model either. The guy had the audacity to mention that picked up a couple units for himself like a week ago knowing that they'd drop in price, lol.

Future Shops and Best Buys are wiped out. Had my order cancelled. Went down to the store and they phoned every store that *might* have had stock left and they had been wiped out earlier in the day.

I DID get one from Staples downtown. They only have 32GB models left but are manually overriding the price. They had 5 left when I got mine and a girl I saw at Future Shop came running in looking for 1, so I don't imagine they'll last long.

Thanks for the heads up!

TheExodu5

Banned
There were like 40 models left at BestBuy in Ottawa South when I went at 8:30PM. =\

They were bringing like 20 of them out to the front though, so I guess people just got word of the sale around then.

MercuryLS

Banned
Ok, I got the 32gb model for $150+tax. I'm going to test it out for a day or two, if I don't like it I will sell it at $150 (and eat the tax cost). If anyone wants it and didn't get in on the deal, drop me a pm.

Mikey Jr.

krae_man said:
Oh god, the number of people on Kijiji looking to flip them for $100-$150 profit.

I just checked. The amount of cocksuckers on there.

My God.

And its not even like mildly reasonable. Just full on 250 bucks for a 16gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom