• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
Luigi87 said:
My local The Source has 4 in stock (their site has updated the prices).
Looks like Imma gettin' up early tomorrow.

Looks like my local one has 4 as well.

Gah, I don't need something that's just good for web browsing.

RS4-

MercuryLS said:
If I sell it to you, don't do that to me :(

:p

Haha

Would be pretty hilarious if all these scum sellers end up not being able to return to the store. Then get hit with another 15% restocking fee because it's pretty much an end of life product.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
firehawk12 said:
With the dead eco-system, can you do anything with it at all?
It has something like 4000 apps, 1300 free ones. I'm sure some of the paid apps are just books, but there's a few staples on there like rdio, Angry Birds, Kindle, Facebook (with a really good interface), Robotech HD and others.

Don't expect much more than a good piece of tech and web machine, really. For me, at that price, it's worth it.

does anyone know if there is a store in downtown Toronto that sells adapters that allow me to use my PS2 memory cards and controllers on my PS3?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lyphen said:
It has something like 4000 apps, 1300 free ones. I'm sure some of the paid apps are just books, but there's a few staples on there like rdio, Angry Birds, Kindle, Facebook (with a really good interface), Robotech HD and others.

Don't expect much more than a good piece of tech and web machine, really. For me, at that price, it's worth it.
Did they ever add document editing support at least?

dream

firehawk12 said:
Did they ever add document editing support at least?

Nope.

It might still ship at some point but I wouldn't buy the TouchPad with the intention of using it to edit documents.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
dream said:
Nope.

It might still ship at some point but I wouldn't buy the TouchPad with the intention of using it to edit documents.
Derp. Figures.

Oh, have they announced what their plans for the app store will be? Are they still going to support it in any capacity?

TheExodu5

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Derp. Figures.

Oh, have they announced what their plans for the app store will be? Are they still going to support it in any capacity?

yC2VZ.png

Partially/maybe...though I wouldn't expect much. At least it won't die outright.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, that's better than nothing I suppose. Why would anyone bother making webOS apps now though? Dope.

But hey, at least someone made a CBR reader... that alone is probably going to make me buy one tomorrow.

dream

I mean, considering Palm and HP were unable to attract the developers who make the fun stuff we want, I can't imagine it will get any better now that webOS is dead.

I think Staples will drop the price tomorrow. Some locations open at 8. ;)

Sucks for those people who actually bought it at full price (and are trying to sell it on Kijiji/CL), but I guess they can always return it. Launched July 1st though, so early adopters are SOL.

Firestorm

Both the Waterloo Future Shop and Kitchener Best Buy were unable to fill my request so I ordered a 32GB shipped to Vancouver. Kinda want one for the plane ride home though so gonna hit up the mall tomorrow.

I haven't gone on the hunt for a super cheap toy in a while. I sort of miss this ;D

krae_man

Firestorm said:
Both the Waterloo Future Shop and Kitchener Best Buy were unable to fill my request so I ordered a 32GB shipped to Vancouver. Kinda want one for the plane ride home though so gonna hit up the mall tomorrow.

I haven't gone on the hunt for a super cheap toy in a while. I sort of miss this ;D

When I looked The Cambridge Futureshop(Supercenter or whatever) still had some in stock. Still haven't herd back yet(I placed the order at 10:15pm). I also ordered a 32gb from Bestbuy with shipping. I just got an email that said Your order 61015271 was successfully processed today! I hope that means it's guaranteed to go through.

Tik-Tok

Do these things support sites like Justin.TV and Ustream? I'd love to watch fighting game streams in bed, and read comics and stuff.

I had my order filled, but there's still a chance that they may cancel it if they run out of their remaining stock.

I went to 3 different future shops and 2 different best buys in Vancouver, and none of them had any stock. Here's to hoping my order actually gets shipped!

I'd say this Touchpad purchase is worth it. I really just wanted it to browse the internet in bed and in that regard its even better than an iPad.

If you guys want one though you may already be out of luck. They already sold out here in Regina at BB and FS.

What's the main difference between the 16 and the 32GB units? Tablet noob here. Help me out. I want something for browsing mainly. What else can the HD be used for?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rocket Punch said:
What's the main difference between the 16 and the 32GB units? Tablet noob here. Help me out. I want something for browsing mainly. What else can the HD be used for?
Videos, probably.

gate777

Rocket Punch said:
Only difference is the size of the flash drive, nothing else.

Videos: MP4, H.263, H.264
Pictures: jpeg, gif, png,
Music: DRM free mp3

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Touchpad Android is picking up steam on XDA, I really hope we can see CM7 and ICS ported in the future. Hardware-wise, it's a very capable device.

What a steal!

darkvir

been away from this thread for a day or two and saw this crazy firesale for the HP... checked supplies from all the stores I could think of... but gone...

Mikey Jr.

The amount of touchpads on Kijiji is ridiculous.

I think the people selling them are going to be in for a rude awakening when no one buys them and they are stuck with $120/$170 touchpads that they never wanted.

Atleast thats my hope.

Luigi87

Indeed.
Two options here: Either hope that more are posted on say FS/BB, or wait two weeks for an influx of returns.

...Though it would be sweet karma if a notice went out declaring them final sale, and hoarders really were stuck.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Turns out the kernel is Android-ready, so I wouldn't be surprised if CM7 was running on TouchPad very soon. I'm hyped, and I've got my donation ready for the port team.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If there are hoarders, I hope they get screwed. :lol:

I wanted to get a 16gb one for my mom, but oh well. Maybe some will show up in stores next week.

Luigi87

Lostconfused said:
They also still list them at full price.

Well one can attempt "Price Match" in the shopping cart (one thing I do love about NCIX... though I loved them more before HST came to Ontario). Of course they could still decline it, in which case they lose sales.

What kills me, is I was 175 reward points away from free shipping...

Well placed an order, let's see if they price match it or not. I kind hope not because the moment I placed the order I got hit with instant buyers remorse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hahaha, can't you cancel it?

The fact that you have to pay shipping at NCIX kind of kills the deal though, sadly. 150 for the 16gb shipped, but it was 170 for the 32gb if you could find it in store.

On RFD people are talking about buying direct from HP and hoping that they'll honor the price drop on Monday.

Luigi87

firehawk12 said:
Hahaha, can't you cancel it?

The fact that you have to pay shipping at NCIX kind of kills the deal though, sadly. 150 for the 16gb shipped, but it was 170 for the 32gb if you could find it in store.

On RFD people are talking about buying direct from HP and hoping that they'll honor the price drop on Monday.

Shipped to me in Ontario ($7.50 shipping) it came to a total of $121.97.

That person on RFD made a typo. They put 152.36 in the top line, when they meant 125.36.

You can Cancel orders if you want.
Your Account>Your Order>Edit Your Order

As for HP.ca, can't even order the 16GB from them anymore..

Dunlop

did they accept your order, I put the pricematch in but NCIX does not have customer support on saturday (?)

As long as this thing surfs the web and plays videos for my commute to work it is a steal

Luigi87 said:
Shipped to me in Ontario ($7.50 shipping) it came to a total of $121.97
I am just terrible with money. Always waste it on something dumb like this. But I am kind of tempted to see if the hacking scene gets anywhere. Always find that stuff interesting.

Paid $3 extra for purolator shipping because canada post awful in every single possible way.

Luigi87

Lostconfused said:
I am just terrible with money. Always waste it on something dumb like this. But I am kind of tempted to see if the hacking scene gets anywhere. Always find that stuff interesting.

Paid $3 extra for purolator shipping because canada post awful in every single possible way.

My father is a CP retiree so my cheapness of going with them is paying into his pension <.<
Though yeah, Purolator is incredibly fast (though the one-chance delivery, or come visit us in the middle of no where is a pain in the ass).

Dunlop said:
did they accept your order, I put the pricematch in but NCIX does not have customer support on saturday (?)

As long as this thing surfs the web and plays videos for my commute to work it is a steal
Still pending, but it is more than likely they're getting hammered right now, so it is all a waiting game.

Luigi87 said:
Shipped to me in Ontario ($7.50 shipping) it came to a total of $121.97.
You can Cancel orders if you want.
Your Account>Your Order>Edit Your Order

As for HP.ca, can't even order the 16GB from them anymore..
Wait, can you order from NCIX.com? I see it at full price from there.

Dunlop

lol, They had them in stock at my FS last night but I had just put my kid to sleep...I put down in store pickup and then called FS to get them to put it aside. 45 minutes on hold and the dude just sold the last 3 16gb ones but had a 32 gb in stock. it was past 9pm so he told he to put a new order if I wanted it which i did.

Called sthe store this morning just before it opened and it was already sold...no I just want this thing on principle :p

Luigi87 said:
Though yeah, Purolator is incredibly fast (though the one-chance delivery, or come visit us in the middle of no where is a pain in the ass).
The place they leave their parcels at is less than 10 minutes away from my house by car. So purolator deliveries are very convenient for me.

Luigi87

Lostconfused said:
The place they leave their parcels at is less than 10 minutes away from my house by car. So purolator deliveries are very convenient for me.

Lucky you <.<
About 20 minutes from me, I don't drive, and it isn't anywhere near a bus route.

DoctorWho said:
Wait, can you order from NCIX.com? I see it at full price from there.

Their online price-match system.

Luigi87 said:
Lucky you <.<
About 20 minutes from me, I don't drive, and it isn't anywhere near a bus route.

Their online price-match system.
Ok, did the price match thing. "Subject to approval" We will see what happens. Everywhere is sold out so I don't know if they will approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom