• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

DoctorWho said:
Ok, did the price match thing. "Subject to approval" We will see what happens. Everywhere is sold out so I don't know if they will approve it.

They'd be stupid not to, since that means they'll be losing out on early sales. ...but yeah, there is always a chance.

Firestorm said:
NCIX is notorious for denying price matches but online might be better.

Really? While I've never been to one of their stores (all Ont. locations are too far from me), online PM has always worked for me.

Dunlop said:
what else are they going to do with them? It's more a matter of how many orders they have ahead of you

Well, I'm hoping a lot of people didn't think of doing a price match first.

I'm not bothered either way. I might just end up giving it to my mom.

Firestorm

I wouldn't bet on NCIX:

32GB
Code:
Warehouse 	SKU 	Location 	O.H. QTY 	Usually Ships In* 	Pick Up In-Store
NCIX Store 	62868 	Burnaby, BC 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Vancouver, BC 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Richmond,BC (Aberdeen) 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Richmond, BC (#3 & Bridgeport Rd) 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Langley, BC 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Coquitlam, BC 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Mississauga, On 	0 		
NCIX Store 	62868 	First Markham Place, ON 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62868 	Toronto, ON (Finch & Midland) 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Online 	62868 	NCIX BC Warehouse 	0 	- 	-
NCIX Online 	62868 	NCIX ON Warehouse 	0 	- 	-
Suppliers 	62868 	Vancouver, BC 	>10 	2-3 Business Days 	Special Order Only
Suppliers 	62868 	Toronto, ON 	>10 	4-8 Business Days 	Special Order Only
*Indicates the estimated number of business days for processing before this product is shipped to you. This is based on the physical location of a product and may vary.

16GB
Code:
NCIX Store 	62866 	Burnaby, BC 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Vancouver, BC 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Richmond,BC (Aberdeen) 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Richmond, BC (#3 & Bridgeport Rd) 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Langley, BC 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Coquitlam, BC 	0 	- 	5-10 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Mississauga, On 	0 		
NCIX Store 	62866 	First Markham Place, ON 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Store 	62866 	Toronto, ON (Finch & Midland) 	0 	- 	3-5 Business Days
NCIX Online 	62866 	NCIX BC Warehouse 	0 	- 	-
NCIX Online 	62866 	NCIX ON Warehouse 	0 	- 	-
Suppliers 	62866 	Vancouver, BC 	0 	- 	-
Suppliers 	62866 	Toronto, ON 	>10 	4-8 Business Days 	Special Order Only

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Best Buy is still taking orders for the 32gb. Whether it's because the site is broken or they have units is a whole other story. My order went through anyway.

Dunlop

firehawk12 said:
Best Buy is still taking orders for the 32gb. Whether it's because the site is broken or they have units is a whole other story. My order went through anyway.

I've been seeing it out of stock since last night there.

Spoke to someone at NCIX and they mentioned they do not have it in stock and will not be PM. Course he seemed rather clueless about everything os he could be wrong

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Maddog said:
So reviews from anyone that has gotten it so far?
Amazing OS, good sound, bad screen (well, bad as in it's the same as the iPad - my 7 inch Nook has the same resolution, so it's definitely pixelated at 10 inches), great e-mail and facebook client, overall lack of apps. Even though it's a better OS, I just want Android on this thing for Market.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maddog said:
So reviews from anyone that has gotten it so far?
Seems fine so far. There's a media player called KalemSoft that supports many formats, but it costs 7 dollars and it doesn't support soft subtitles, which is a must-feature for me.

Dunlop said:
I've been seeing it out of stock since last night there.
My order is processed. Some people on RFD said they're getting shipping notices, but who knows if that is FUD. It couldn't hurt if you want one anyway.

firehawk12 said:
Nope.

BestBuy Checkout said:
The following errors occurred:

Some of the items in your shopping cart are not available for shipment. Please remove these items and create a separate order for them, or check to see it the product is available for pick up in-store. (0107)

Edit: Scratch that, I still had a 16 GB in my cart. Let's see what happens...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lunarworks said:
The worst that can happen is they refund my order. :/
If they don't have stock, they'll just cancel the order and no harm no foul.
I think even HP took down their order page, so... it's all up in the air.

mf.luder

Damn, I got in on this late. I wouldn't mind dropping $100 for a device to fiddle around with and see exactly what WebOS had to offer.

I'll try and find one. Ha, wish me luck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
mf.luder said:
Damn, I got in on this late. I wouldn't mind dropping $100 for a device to fiddle around with and see exactly what WebOS had to offer.

I'll try and find one. Ha, wish me luck.
Haha, good luck. So many stories of angst (many involving hoarders).

Luigi87

There is a possibility that stores will get more stock this week, in that potentially they have unsold merch. in their warehouses.
Of course more likely scenario they send all warehouse stock back to HP..

RS4-

On the fence in regards to getting a wii, still worth it? I mean, of course that depends on the games I play but I'm pretty bored and nothing is coming out for 360/pc aside from Deus Ex HR and 3s for the next month or so.

Maddog

RS4- said:
On the fence in regards to getting a wii, still worth it? I mean, of course that depends on the games I play but I'm pretty bored and nothing is coming out for 360/pc aside from Deus Ex HR and 3s for the next month or so.

What Wii games interest you?

Guesong

Guesong said:
Question ; Deus Ex HR is coming up next week, and it is the first game that I'll receive that I pre-ordered with Futureshop's E3 promotion a while back ago.

For those of you who have more experience with Futureshop and online ordering, what's the usual delay between release date and the day you receive your game? Do they use Canada Post or their own delivery trucks? Also, can I be remotely hopeful to receive the Augmented Edition (like their new promotion) despite me having pre-ordered while that promotion wasn't in effect?

Quoting myself since my questions were kind of lost in the midst of the HP Tablet onslaught xD.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
RS4- said:

It's of course worth it, especially given the cost of a Wii now. The system covers a lot of genres. Quality 2D platformers are everywhere, and the usual Nintendo flare (Mario Galaxy titles, Twilight Princess, Metroid, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers). Monster Hunter Tri is a great online co-op title. Xenoblade, which just came out in Europe is one of the better adventure games this generation. You also have games like Okami, the Trauma Centre series, Little King's Story, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

If you're hell bent on playing shooters though, the system is limited. Most are railshooters, or slightly advanced railshooters (although Sin & Punishment 2 is <3). Metroid Prime titles work well with the Wii remote though.

RS4-

Maddog said:
What Wii games interest you?

Anything really. I haven't exactly kept tabs on wii games in a while.

Been looking at Monster Hunter, importing Xenoblade, then your typical Mario and gimmick games I suppose.

If I'm not playing something like a golf game, the motion + isn't really needed I take it? I'll probably have to look into getting a classic controller pro as well.

Evil Mario, thanks, forgot about Sin & Punishment.

Ok, I'll pick up a wii then!

Maddog

Guesong said:
Quoting myself since my questions were kind of lost in the midst of the HP Tablet onslaught xD.

Canada Post. I've never preordered so can't answer that one. As far as preorder bonuses go I ordered BF3 and Gears 3 from that promotion and after contacting them assured that I will be receiving the preorder bonuses for each of those games even though they were not advertised at the time.

I'd assume it would apply to Deus Ex too but wouldn't hurt to send an email to get this in writing.

Mikey Jr.

Got my 2 Futureshop gift cards yesterday. Sucks that it was only 2 though. I had enough credit for 3, but the money limit ran out right before they processed the credit.

Shit.

Pewp

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, it's the 32 that's available, not the 16.

Yeah, I managed to pick up two of them. The whole "trick" is to have them in your cart and just refresh randomly.

They cancelled my store pick up that I ordered late last night this morning. I'm not feeling too confident that my order will go through.

Maddog

Mikey Jr. said:
Got my 2 Futureshop gift cards yesterday. Sucks that it was only 2 though. I had enough credit for 3, but the money limit ran out right before they processed the credit.

Shit.

I'm at 9 so far and am still getting them daily
KuGsj.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:

Shit.

What are you talking about?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pewp said:
Yeah, I managed to pick up two of them. The whole "trick" is to have them in your cart and just refresh randomly.

They cancelled my store pick up that I ordered late last night this morning. I'm not feeling too confident that my order will go through.
Yeah, considering they wiped the Touchpad from the site entirely, I think the chances of them having stock is fairly low. Dope.

MercuryLS said:
What are you talking about?
There was a Facebook thing a week ago where you could get gift cards. I was so LTTP to that one.

Maddog said:
I'm at 9 so far and am still getting them daily
KuGsj.gif
Case in point, 9?! :p

Luigi87

I'm still expecting either a mass of returns or cancellations from hoarders if say BB.ca does what .com has done, and posts that all sales are final.

kliklik

Banned
Does anyone know offhand the best deal one can get on Borderlands GOTY PS3? The best I can see is $40, which is crazy to me for how old this game is.

kliklik said:
Does anyone know offhand the best deal one can get on Borderlands GOTY PS3? The best I can see is $40, which is crazy to me for how old this game is.
ehhh seems to be the norm at 40. You might be able to find it for 5 dollars cheaper used at best buy/gamestop.

Lothars

kliklik said:
I bought it a couple weeks ago on PSN for 15 dollars but I believe really price is either 30 or 20 but I would recommend to check PSN and see what it's listed for.

kliklik

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
ehhh seems to be the norm at 40. You might be able to find it for 5 dollars cheaper used at best buy/gamestop.

The problem with used is that the older copies of the game came with dlc vouchers, and you can never be certain you are getting a disk with the dlc on it, or a disk that was supposed to be accompanied by vouchers since they removed disks from the cases and do a switcheroo.

Lothars said:
I bought it a couple weeks ago on PSN for 15 dollars but I believe really price is either 30 or 20 but I would recommend to check PSN and see what it's listed for.

Was that the GOTY version? Because the only version of Borderlands I can find on PSN is the basic game. The DLC is another $30 on PSN. So even if I had managed to get it on sale for $15, getting it with all dlc would end up costing MORE than a retail copy of the GOTY version. (PSN is more expensive than retail - big surprise eh? =P )

Lothars

kliklik said:
The problem with used is that the older copies of the game came with dlc vouchers, and you can never be certain you are getting a disk with the dlc on it, or a disk that was supposed to be accompanied by vouchers since they removed disks from the cases and do a switcheroo.

Was that the GOTY version? Because the only version of Borderlands I can find on PSN is the basic game. The DLC is another $30 on PSN. So even if I had managed to get it on sale for $15, getting it with all dlc would end up costing MORE than a retail copy of the GOTY version. (PSN is more expensive than retail - big surprise eh? =P )

Yup, it was the Goty version thats why i bought it, I thought I saw it on psn still but i guess it changed.

So I heard from the rumor mill that after HP announced they're abandoning hardware and doing just software, their stocks dropped like 25% or something.

Considering HP is abandoning hardware, I'm not sure I'd want to buy one of their products due to lack of future support.

Are they also abandoning their printers? I have one and I love it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My last two PCs are HP... but it just goes to show you the weakness of their brand that I shed not a single tear for the demise of their hardware. It's not that I hate them. Just...... "meh."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom