• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The awesome games have already been released, and there's nothing else coming. I'd trade mine in, but it's worth nothing. Ho well! May give it to my parents as a netflix and weather channel box.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
radiantdreamer said:
sigh... not trying to troll the Wii or anything, but I've found little reason to continue owning one. Where are the awesome games??

In Europe. (ie; import Xenoblade)

We use our Wii for Homebrew as well, which gives it another purpose when Nintendo of America decides Wii Play: Motion is enough to carry the first three quarters of a year.

And there are plenty of games for the system worth playing, I'm sure you're missing a few. Skyward Sword and Kirby are the remaining titles for this year, and only Rhythm Heaven for next year, I believe. Are you really one of those people to sell systems in the first place? :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fuzzy said:
Only 11 games (10 if you don't count MP3 since it's include in the Trilogy) with scores over 90? What a shitty console.

Except some of the best titles (NSMBWii, Little King's Story, Zack and Wiki, Tatsunoko, Monster Hunter Tri) on the system didn't make it over 90, but two Rock Band titles did. lulz

Fuzzy said:
Only 11 games (10 if you don't count MP3 since it's include in the Trilogy) with scores over 90? What a shitty console.

Checked the PS3 list. Can't believe Modern Warfare 2 got 94 and SSFIV got 92. :lol

/gamejournalism

Lone_Prodigy said:
Checked the PS3 list. Can't believe Modern Warfare 2 got 94 and SSFIV got 92. :lol

/gamejournalism

Subjective product purchasing advice isn't journalism. I don't think most outlets even suggest that it is.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
TheExodu5 said:
By the way guys, he wasn't serious.

One would hope that's the case, but it doesn't help someone trying to find games to play on their Wii by pointing to metacritic (even in a sarcastic sense). :/

krae_man

So I made a couple of posts on the Bestbuy Plug-in forums about how Bestbuy handled the touchpad situation and I got the following PM from the site Admin:

Hi krae_man

You wouldn't happen to be the same *my name* who works in one of our Ontario stores, would you? Please advise.

Ha ha
(I do not work for Bestbuy)

Maddog

krae_man said:
So I made a couple of posts on the Bestbuy Plug-in forums about how Bestbuy handled the touchpad situation and I got the following PM from the site Admin:

Ha ha

Should have said yes.

I don't know if this is new or of particular interest to anyone except me, but Best Buy has the limited edition of Shogun 2: Total War for $29.99. It doesn't even look like a sale, from the website, just the regular price.

Future Shop has the exact same SKU for $49.99.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well the shopping channel was going to have a bunch of those HP touchpads for sale at 7 am today. But RFD managed to hack into the site or something and ordered all the tablets last night, so at 7, it just came up as sold out.

Draff

krae_man said:

Ha ha

Hah,
I remember when I ventured into Futureshop and wrote down a model number of a cd player I was interested in. An employee accused me of working for a competitor saying that I was there to copy prices. Why wouldn't I just use their website? Smh

Kunohara

Divvy said:
Well the shopping channel was going to have a bunch of those HP touchpads for sale at 7 am today. But RFD managed to hack into the site or something and ordered all the tablets last night, so at 7, it just came up as sold out.

What the fuck? Shouldn't the shopping channel not allow those orders to go through since they were ordered before 7? I guess they wouldn't care since they are getting their money.

This shit shouldn't be allowed.

Divvy

Kunohara said:
What the fuck? Shouldn't the shopping channel not allow those orders to go through since they were ordered before 7? I guess they wouldn't care since they are getting their money.

This shit shouldn't be allowed.

Well who knows. We'll see what they do. TBH, I want them to cancel the orders to piss off RFDers.

EvilMario said:
Are you really one of those people to sell systems in the first place? :/

You're right, I'm not... and you're right, Europe seems to be getting a few more titles that I may want. I loved Another Code R for example, and may import Xenoblade.

I looked at the Wii thread, and I'm happy to say that I've played most of those. Not much interest in some of the other titles. I guess yeah, it's just nothing that's come out recently that makes the system worth holding on to. It's been unplugged, collecting dust for almost a year now. The honeymoon phase is over, and the "I forgive your mediocre graphics (relative to current gen systems) for your fun gameplay" has worn off.

Divvy said:

Wow, I would say that's an all-time low, but I'm not sure.

Luigi87

I'm seriously glad NCIX finally responded in regards to the Touchpads.

radiantdreamer said:
You're right, I'm not... and you're right, Europe seems to be getting a few more titles that I may want. I loved Another Code R for example, and may import Xenoblade.

I looked at the Wii thread, and I'm happy to say that I've played most of those. Not much interest in some of the other titles. I guess yeah, it's just nothing that's come out recently that makes the system worth holding on to. It's been unplugged, collecting dust for almost a year now. The honeymoon phase is over, and the "I forgive your mediocre graphics (relative to current gen systems) for your fun gameplay" has worn off.

And that's why you will get Xenoblade, and then a Wii U later on!

Decado

Where can I get a PSP (the good model...3100 or something?) for the cheapest? I only plan to use it on holiday (trains, planes, automobiles etc.) and can think of only a few games I want on it, so I don't want to pay a lot.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Gotta say, thanks Maddog. Cancelled my NCIX Touchpad Case order, and got two from HP. Now shipped!

Saved a nice 35$.

Maddog

75PNCl.jpg
I love Futureshop
KuGsj.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
krae_man said:

Ha ha

Should have responded with "No, and fuck you for snooping on your employees" :p

Takuya

Banned
Divvy said:
They didn't hack, they used the item code (a CSR gave it to someone on the phone) and they used a loophole in their e-commerce solution to add the item to their carts (the item wasn't disabled on their system so was able to be checked out).

Divvy

Takuya said:
They didn't hack, they used the item code (a CSR gave it to someone on the phone) and they used a loophole in their e-commerce solution to add the item to their carts (the item wasn't disabled on their system so was able to be checked out).

Oh, that's just what I read. Well still, kind of shitty of them to exploit a loophole, but I suppose its more of The Shopping Channel's fault for being stupid.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Achtius said:
what's the story behind the gift card? I know HP slash the price of the discontinued TouchPad
It was a Facebook promo where you had to do some stuff like answer questions and tweet about stuff on twitter.

UberTag

Still waiting for my Xenoblade Chronicles order from GAME here in southern Ontario.
Anyone else nearby receive there's yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom