• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Any good PS3 console deals? I know I missed out on the whole price error thing when it was going for $250.

I've been out of the whole ps3 loop since FF13 gave my system the YLOD on release day and I haven't got around to trying to fixing the thing since then. Been missing out on 3D Dot Heroes and I want to get one for UC3 and Dark Souls lol.

Just got back from my local Blockbuster and they had a hand written note on the door saying that they may be closing and sales would start next week.

So it looks like sales may start next week.

Mikey Jr.

RS4- said:
Any good PS3 console deals? I know I missed out on the whole price error thing when it was going for $250.

I've been out of the whole ps3 loop since FF13 gave my system the YLOD on release day and I haven't got around to trying to fixing the thing since then. Been missing out on 3D Dot Heroes and I want to get one for UC3 and Dark Souls lol.

The PS3 is now 250. No price error.

Mikey Jr. said:
Ahhh. Ok, my bad.

But do people really need more than 160gb? Seriously? I'm still rocking 40gb with no problems.

160GB+ worth of games on my 320GB right now. That's excluding audio and video files that I had to delete. Yes, people really need it.

shagg_187 said:
160GB+ worth of games on my 320GB right now. That's excluding audio and video files that I had to delete. Yes, people really need it.

Ive had the metal gear 80 since i bought it in june 2008 and im still fine. I only deleted one or two installs thus far. And a lot of them i could delete at any time, so yeah.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mikey Jr. said:
Ahhh. Ok, my bad.

But do people really need more than 160gb? Seriously? I'm still rocking 40gb with no problems.
I put a 500GB drive in my PS3 and I have 317/465GB left. I have nothing on it but games. I'd have even more stuff on it if I bothered to download everything that was available for free to PS+.

Stumpokapow said:
Yeah I'll drop by the two remaining St. John's locations tomorrow and see if they have anything planned.

It's funny, with Rogers a non-entity and Blockbuster gone, retail is pretty much dead for me for entertainment.

Have you seen the other sales? I wonder if it's even worth it.

snorggy

canadian crowe said:
Just got back from my local Blockbuster and they had a hand written note on the door saying that they may be closing and sales would start next week.

So it looks like sales may start next week.

Dropped into a local Blockbuster and there was a whiteboard sign up that said something about how they aren't closing and how they won't know their fate until a Sept 6 court date (???) and that they would continue operating as normal until then... and in smaller writing below it said "(Please don't ask us about it)"

Looked around some and there didn't seem to be any signs of impending doom as most things were still regularly priced (i.e., overpriced)

Fuzzy

iphys said:
BestBuy said no to me on upgrading my Skyward Sword pre-order. Anyone else have any luck?
I didn't try yet. I preordered the bundle for $65 at BB just in case they won't let me switch it over with the same discount they gave during E3.

Fuzzy

lupinko

Fuzzy said:
The Future Shop Labour Day sale just started. It ends tomorrow morning at 10am Eastern.

Gaming

Save up to $30 on select gaming accessories
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamingRefurbs

Save up to $40 on select games
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamesonSale

If I didn't already have Infamous 2 I'd be getting the Hero Edition for $60 right now.
Wait I can get the hero edition of infamous 2 fo 50 bucks? If so then sold!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey dudes!

I'm finally moving out on my own again in the next month and I'm gonna need a TV!

Where are the best brick and mortar places in London, Ontario? I know Best Buy, Futureshop and Tiger Direct. Any other places to check out?

Looking at a 32" or 40". Price range of like $350-$450

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuzzy said:
The Future Shop Labour Day sale just started. It ends tomorrow morning at 10am Eastern.

Gaming

Save up to $30 on select gaming accessories
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamingRefurbs

Save up to $40 on select games
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamesonSale

Other deals.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/labour-day-sale.aspx

If I didn't already have Infamous 2 I'd be getting the Hero Edition for $60 right now.
Will Futureshop pricematch Futureshop.ca?

isny

napkin dispenser
enzo_gt said:
Will Futureshop pricematch Futureshop.ca?

Yes.

Failureshop is failing once again. This is a mediocre sale at best and their servers are already crashing. No wonder they can never get boxing day right if they can't even keep servers up during a small sale like this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
isny said:
Yes.

Failureshop is failing once again. This is a mediocre sale at best and their servers are already crashing. No wonder they can never get boxing day right if they can't even keep servers up during a small sale like this.
Bah I realized its closed anyways (as it's a Sunday) and it's obv. closed tomorrow.

iphys

Okay, I used the BestBuy sale to pre-order the Skyward Sword bundle for $63 -- I was hoping the 10% would stack with the $5, but they removed the $5 off for the sale. I notice they actually lowered the original Skyward Sword from $60 to $50 now, so if I did decide to keep my original $44 pre-order, would they have to lower it to $34; otherwise, they wouldn't have actually given me the $10 off for pre-ordering?

GBONZZZZ

Anybody from Winnipeg shop at PNP Games? If so, I'm just wondering if they do price matches? I was there yesterday and noticed they still had SOCOM 4 for 60$ and Best Buy just dropped the price to 40, so yeah. If anybody knows that'd be great

Mikey Jr.

Ok, one question. I am trying to buy a PS3 game from futureshop website, and I have 3 $5 gift cards. But its only has the option of putting in 2. Is it not possible to put in 3?

Fuzzy

Mikey Jr. said:
Ok, one question. I am trying to buy a PS3 game from futureshop website, and I have 3 $5 gift cards. But its only has the option of putting in 2. Is it not possible to put in 3?
Not online. I ended up having to use my 3 cards in-store.

Mikey Jr.

Uncharted 3 is $49 at Futureshop. If you plan on getting it day 1, might as well pre-order now to lock in that price. Went down today and put 10 bucks on a pre-order.

Mikey Jr. said:
Uncharted 3 is $49 at Futureshop. If you plan on getting it day 1, might as well pre-order now to lock in that price. Went down today and put 10 bucks on a pre-order.
I tried preordering it today in store but they told me that they were having issues with their preorder system. : /

I hope the deal lasts for a couple of more days.

Mikey Jr. said:

I managed to preorder my copy when they had that awesome e3 preorder deal - $39.99! :D

gabbo

Not sidetrack the thread, but has anyone heard/read any follow up on the Blockbuster situation since the news broke last week?

Firestorm said:
PlayBooks are $200 off

A word of warning to unsuspecting bargain hunters: The Playbook is not a great tablet. The OS feels very sluggish and unresponsive. I enjoy browsing on my iPhone more, despite the screen size.

Just keep that in mind if you're going to shell out $200 for the 16gb model...I wouldn't even pay $100 for it.

This is just my opinion though....others may love the device. Feel free to chime in.

TheExodu5

Banned
What would even be worth picking up at Blockbuster? It says the clearance starts at 15% off...that really doesn't seem worth getting worked up over.

TheExodu5 said:
What would even be worth picking up at Blockbuster? It says the clearance starts at 15% off...that really doesn't seem worth getting worked up over.

What sucks is, a lot of the good shit will be snatched up on the first day by people who don't know any better, so when they up the discount there will only be shit left over. Still, it's something to keep an eye on. Once the RFD locusts have made their pass a few hidden gems may still be left in their wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom