• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

So a friend of mine upgraded his x360 to a slim and gave me his old LAUNCH unit.

RROD risks aside - what's the best deal on Gold these days? I want to try out their version of Netflix and the other streaming things they have there (My wife got pretty excited about the French programming)

I'm actually curious - if you don't read a lick of Japanese, can you still play the game? I'm considering picking it up myself.

I've owned this since it was originally released. There's PLENTY of walkthroughs and translated layouts if you don't real Japanese.

At that price it's a STEAL.

Seriously, it's a fun game.

Oh and there's a mini community on this forum that is always willing to help new players out.

Sora_N

Random question, does/did Shoppers sell the White Vita? I almost have 50000 points, may redeem at bonus day but just want to know if I'm stuck with a Black one (not that picky).

Also why are artbooks so cheap on Amazon.ca now...it's seriously tempting but I don't collect artbooks. I only own the preorder bonus ones I got over the years.

Sora_N

Sorry to dp, but looks like we have confirmation of Fire Emblem art book at EB Games now

hmmm... what to do

Hmm maybe there'll be a TIV promo on it. I'd buy from EB then.

Actually there IS a TIV promo (not FE specific) and I was gonna trade in some games anyways tonight, guess I'm gonna get from EB lol. I'm keeping my BB order in case there's a better deal, or if they screw me over on the artbook (happened before).

Anth0ny

So Mass Effect Trilogy for PC is only $30 on Amazon.com

Game Downloads are only available to US customers

pJEWJ.jpg

zroid

Banned
it's no surprise Wonderbook is tanking in price, those boxes are enormous, thanks to the bundled books.

i wonder if it's selling better than PSAS here, as is apparently the case in Europe :\

Future shop has the white vita with ass creed plus one free game. I need a gaffer to hit me up with 50 off a vita and I can just fucking buy it and move on with life. Any tsilon codes hanging around out there?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Future shop has the white vita with ass creed plus one free game. I need a gaffer to hit me up with 50 off a vita and I can just fucking buy it and move on with life. Any tsilon codes hanging around out there?
Those expired a long time ago.

shira

it's no surprise Wonderbook is tanking in price, those boxes are enormous, thanks to the bundled books.

i wonder if it's selling better than PSAS here, as is apparently the case in Europe :\

wow it doesn't even have "Harry Potter" on the cover

Right now you're either 200 with one game or 250 for two. I need it a bit lower than that. I have 240 worth of best buy gift cards and I refuse to spend more. Guess ill just have to wait until more bundles come out.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, and at FS too.

What price did Wonderbook even launch at in the first place? The FS website says "Save $20" so I'm presuming $30?

Talk about a quick price drop though.

$40, I think

The box just takes up way too much shelf space. No way retail stores can keep that stuff around at full price if the turnover isn't snappy.

Hilti92

went to ebgames to trade a bunch of old games I no longer played and walked out with $102.00. Ended up getting $40 more for trading in 10 games with a minimum of $3 value. Nice time to trade in games.

went to ebgames to trade a bunch of old games I no longer played and walked out with $102.00. Ended up getting $40 more for trading in 10 games with a minimum of $3 value. Nice time to trade in games.
I not long ago did the exact same thing, except I'm at $117 I think. I figure I'm just gonna save it for a next gen console.

Yawnier

Banned
Tempted to buy Wonderbook... Any deals on a PS Move bundle anywhere?

Meh, doesn't appear to be any.

The closest I see to a deal is that FS and BB both have the Playstation Move Essentials Pack on for $50 which comes with a PS Eye, PS Move controller, and a demo disk.

Sora_N

I not long ago did the exact same thing, except I'm at $117 I think. I figure I'm just gonna save it for a next gen console.

Nice, too bad I only have 2 games I don't want. There's +10 for 3 games deal, ugh.

Hilti92

That's what I am doing except I think I will just get a Wii U when I can afford it. I guess I am another $150 away using that gift card and the $115 I have lol.
Nice, too bad I only have 2 games I don't want. There's +10 for 3 games deal, ugh.
It's always shitty to get rid of games.. before I went in I have 47 games on my shelf.. Out of those I play/will play maybe 5 of those. Now I am left with 27 or so. The only reason I wont trade in the others is because they are either gifts or will only get me $1. Hell, tried to trade in NHL 10, NBA 2k10 and The Bigs but they said they don't have a value for them. I offered them free and they said they couldn't. :p As long as you play those games, keep them. If not, consider trading them.

zeitgeist

Yeah I think it is time to start purging my collection for this gen while there is still a decent trade value. Good to hear there is a bonus for trading 10+

Hilti92

Yeah I think it is time to start purging my collection for this gen while there is still a decent trade value. Good to hear there is a bonus for trading 10+

Well they have it so if you trade 3, 5 or 7 I believe. They must combine them if you go over like I did. So I had 10 and so I guess they did the 7 deal then the 3. It's pretty sweet to trim down the collection.

Sajjaja

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying some seasons of a show off of Amazon. But it says Repackaged in the name. It's weird because it says absolutely nothing in the description concerning the show, or the format or anything. It's just the title, the price at the top then nothing.

Can anyone tell me what it means to be "Repackaged"?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I am doing except I think I will just get a Wii U when I can afford it. I guess I am another $150 away using that gift card and the $115 I have lol.

It's always shitty to get rid of games.. before I went in I have 47 games on my shelf.. Out of those I play/will play maybe 5 of those. Now I am left with 27 or so. The only reason I wont trade in the others is because they are either gifts or will only get me $1. Hell, tried to trade in NHL 10, NBA 2k10 and The Bigs but they said they don't have a value for them. I offered them free and they said they couldn't. :p As long as you play those games, keep them. If not, consider trading them.
Lol they wouldn't take a free game?!

vulva

anyone know of a place to get slightly cheaper vita memory cards? I want a bigger one than my 8gb, but don't want to drop crazy amounts

Gadirok

Glad to see people looking for vitas.

I got annoyed enough in september and just picked one up used. The summer was a drought for deals on the vita. Games are dirt cheap for it, and I definitely got enough usage out of it. My mom plays it almost as much as me for ToM:Blitz, meanwhile I play PSASBR like crazy.

In other news, I managed to snag one of the dual shock 3 collection combos. They are going for 39.99 and saw it on RFD.

Reservations sold out online crazy fast but some of you may still have luck finding certain bundles at FS & BB. 39.99 for a dual shock 3 + GoW or Infamous or R&C Collections? Thats a amazing deal.

Quadratic

anyone know of a place to get slightly cheaper vita memory cards? I want a bigger one than my 8gb, but don't want to drop crazy amounts

These things never go on sale (in Canada). I've been looking for a 32GB to replace my 16GB one for months. There was a sale on the Sony US store Wario64 posted last month. Nothing like that here unfortunately. EBgames might have 16GB cards, but they will be close to MSRP. Another option is to wait for a shoppers 20X redemption day and pick one up then (if you have the points to burn).

Last place is maybe kajiji or craigslist. People might be unloading their Vita stuff so check once in a while.

zroid

Banned
Reservations sold out online crazy fast but some of you may still have luck finding certain bundles at FS & BB. 39.99 for a dual shock 3 + GoW or Infamous or R&C Collections? Thats a amazing deal.

I was in a BB a couple days ago and there were tons left on the shelves.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

Usually Best Buy has good trade in deals like trade 3 and get $10 or trade 2 and get $5. Even if they are worth 25¢ or less. You can easily get $10 for 50¢ worth of games.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying some seasons of a show off of Amazon. But it says Repackaged in the name. It's weird because it says absolutely nothing in the description concerning the show, or the format or anything. It's just the title, the price at the top then nothing.

Can anyone tell me what it means to be "Repackaged"?

It means the distributor has decided the change the packaging. So the old discs that didn't sell go back, and they get shiny new packaging, something that may be more marketable or updated packaging.

Nope, against their policy I guess :S Asked the guy behind me in line if he wanted the games and he said he doesn't want them either, not into sports games. Free games are free games, I would of glady taken them.

So what is EB doing now? Giving $3.00 for any title? So many of you talking about this deal but I don't think I get it.

X-Factor

Amazon.ca and costco.ca had the 32 GB at 69.99 or 79.99 at some points last year.

These things never go on sale (in Canada). I've been looking for a 32GB to replace my 16GB one for months. There was a sale on the Sony US store Wario64 posted last month. Nothing like that here unfortunately. EBgames might have 16GB cards, but they will be close to MSRP. Another option is to wait for a shoppers 20X redemption day and pick one up then (if you have the points to burn).

Last place is maybe kajiji or craigslist. People might be unloading their Vita stuff so check once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom